** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15

Kazakhstan v Croatia (Wednesday 5.30pm) Although Croatia looked very poor in their two heavy defeats to England, struggled to beat Qatar in a friendly and seem certain to miss out on the World Cup, they surely have to be backed to beat Kazakhstan. The home side have conceded 16 goals in their last five matches which includes home hammerings by England (4-0) and Belarus (5-1) and only have pride to play for. They are up against it against the Croatians, who despite looking terrible against England, have been fairly solid during qualifying. This is their last chance to qualify for the playoffs. A win is required, as is a slip-up by Ukraine in Andorra. Although this looks unlikely, it is difficult to see anything other than a comfortable away win. Advice: Croatia (-1.5) AH at 2.05, Croatia (-2.5) AH at 3.40.
only viable bet in this game for me is kazakhstan to score if you can find it anywhere. croatia will be playing without krizanac and simunic who got in the fight between themselves, few other players got drunk, team is in total dissaray, no value at all in such conditions. in croatian locals kazakstan to score is at 1.70.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lads....Just need your information for a minute...I was in Ladbrokes and PP today and was looking at odds on Serbia to beat Lithuania at 6/5....I know Serbia have quailfied and most likely won't treat this game seriously but they have some cracking players in Zigic' date= Stankovic, Krasic, Jovanovic etc....Even If Serbia do play their reserve side or "B" team are they good enough to beat Lithuania?... Have to agree with Paul R here....I watched bits of the Ecuador team away from home like Columbia and thought they were very poor compared to home....But it's not surprising as most of the Ecuador sides from the past don't travel well....They were unlucky to lose to a last-minute penalty by Uruguay at the weekend and their heads might be down....Chile have qualified and will like to finish off with a Home win.....Uruguay will be highly motivated to beat Argentina in Montevideo, A win means Uruguay will qualify for the World Cup and after what happened against Australia in the Play-Off in 2005 then I can assure you that Uruguay will not let that happen again. A double on Chile-Uruguay is worth a risk! :hope
Serbain is playin without Stankovic and Kuzmanovic because of yellow cards and Vidic is send back to england because of injure, Zigic is injured also...

only viable bet in this game for me is kazakhstan to score if you can find it anywhere. croatia will be playing without krizanac and simunic who got in the fight between themselves' date=' few other players got drunk, team is in total dissaray, no value at all in such conditions. in croatian locals kazakstan to score is at 1.70.[/quote'] :welcome to PL, Massimo. :ok

Any news on Ukraine from the resident Ukraine follower' date=' [b']Mahno? (I think thats him) Is Tymoschuk suspended? On the squad list on Wikipedia it says he has two bookings, which means he is?
Yes,Tymoschuk is out also Voronin has been called out by Liverpool so will be out as well but this means absolutey nothing. We have many young players who can replace them.Common man, we are talking about Andora here,no disrespect but this is not pro football team.All players in Andora are part timers and don't play in any pro league.I know Russia had problems there - only won 1-0 and had player sent off but this is MUST WIN for Ukraine to make to play-offs.players will die on the pitch for victory.No bet for me anyway as i don't see value here,could be 1-0 or could be 4-0 i don't know,wish i would have a crystal ball :lol P.S. I have bad feeling that Aliev will replace Tymoschuk. Him and Milevsky are sweet pair - twix,they play together very well,but i still don't like them

Serbain is playin without Stankovic and Kuzmanovic because of yellow cards and Vidic is send back to england because of injure' date=' Zigic is injured also...[/quote'] Ahh I can't really see Serbia taking this one too seriously then....Under 2.5 might be best option.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Estonia vs Belgium 2 For me easy win for Belgia. Estonia they play like crap against Bosnia they didnt even had a real chance for scoring, on the other hand Belgia got new manager Advokat and im sure that every player on Belgian squade will try to inpress new manager. Germany vs Finland Here im placing bet on German i mean they had 25.000 pople watching them on their practice so there is no way in the hell that they wont go for a win. those two matches for me are the best for now. anybody have any other intresting bets

You knowledge seems to be broad, so out of these players who are real key players for Bosnia and therefore may not be risked:
PLAYER Yellow Cards
Senijad Ibricic 2
Emir Spahic 2
Dario Damjanovic 2
Nemanja Supic 2
Zvjezdan Misimovic 1
Sanel Jahic 1
source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=452&cc=5739 Thanks
Ibricic (midfielder), Spahic (defence) are important regular starters. Spahic was gonna be rested anyway I think because he's had a couple of niggling injuries since pre-season, and Ibricic will probably be benched for Pjanic, but its not a big loss, Pjanic is pretty good and more than capable of doing well. If Misimovic (#10 playmaker) is benched however the Bosnia team is significantly weaker - I believe he brings a lot of quality to the midfield and attack.
I think you are mixing La Volpe with Bielsa here :D
You are very right litost, I apologise everyone! La Volpe is the crazy bull, Bielsa is the ex-River coach, but yes Bielsa is a good coach but he is a professional and won't allow Chile to simply lie down. I think Chile can win in front of their home fans, god knows its been years since they've been a great team, its nice to see them do well again! Bosnia double chance looks good if you are right litost!

.Even If Serbia do play their reserve side or "B" team are they good enough to beat Lithuania?...
Not the best answer here but I remember very well how Lithuania started the qualies and there were a lot of comments that this team has great potential. With the two wins at the start (away in Romania 3:0 :loon and at home with Austria 2:0) they've shown their quality.Serbia outplayed them in the next round .After that their boat start sinking,only managed one more win v Faroe Islands at home,loosing all the other games! Wouldn't touch Serbia at the price,in fact if they play with the reserve squad I would gladly be on Lithuania to make a decent result at home.Did I said that Lithuania is still draw less? No bet for me at this point.Maybe our Lithuanian friends could provide some more infos on the game,or our Serbian??

Not the best answer here but I remember very well how Lithuania started the qualies and there were a lot of comments that this team has great potential. With the two wins at the start (away in Romania 3:0 :loon and at home with Austria 2:0) they've shown their quality.Serbia outplayed them in the next round .After that their boat start sinking,only managed one more win v Faroe Islands at home,loosing all the other games! Wouldn't touch Serbia at the price,in fact if they play with the reserve squad I would gladly be on Lithuania to make a decent result at home.Did I said that Lithuania is still draw less? No bet for me at this point.Maybe our Lithuanian friends could provide some more infos on the game,or our Serbian??
Serbian coach Antic said theh he will give chance to B squed, but he said that they are going for win because they want to be ranked in first 10... i think that they are now 12th or 14th.. Serbia is playing without STANKOVIC, KUZMANOVIC, ZIGIC and VIDIC... I think that this is going to be a line up STOJKOVIC(sporting lisabon) OBRADOVIC(real zaragoza) SUBOTIC(borussia dortmund) IVANOVIC(chelsea) KOLAREV(lazio) KRASIC(cska moscow) MILIJAS(wolverhampton) KACAR(hertha) TOSIC(manchester) PANTELIC(ajax) LAZOVIC(psv eindhoven)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Kazakhstan - Croatia both to score YES @ 2.20 bwin 3/10 As I have saide before, croatian team is in dissarray, Simunic and Krizanac have been removed from squad, Sharbini got so drunk that he had to be carried to the headquarters, and he wasn't alone ... This situation only proves that Bilic never had his hand on the squad, no true leadership at all. Football wise we all so our weaknesses at the game against Belarus at home. Who is going to play in defence is beyond me, and it really doesn't matter since it was shaky anyway even with those big names playing in it. Croatian locals don't offer more than 1.75 for this bet, so I think this is pure value. GL ! :ok

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 New faces for Russia team were called before the game with Azerbaijan - CM Tarasov from FC Moscow and RD Kuz'min from Lokomotiv Moscow. Both of them haven't played for Russia yet. This decision was reasoned by fact some players felt worse after the match with Germany (Pogrebnyak even will not fly to Azerbaijan, V. Berezutskiy and Pavluchenko are under question). Hiddink also added that the team will play for the victory but the players who have danger of disqualification will stay on the bench with huge likelihood. It turns out that Russia will play with a reserve team mixed with some old-timers. On the other hand for Azeri it's like a match of the year - Russia for them is a good irritant, and the federation has already claimed that every team player will receive 10000 euros if they win Russia team. So Azerbaijan(+1,5) seems to be a good value.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Wales @ 1.58 to beat Liechtenstein (Betfair)?? :eek Now, I know Wales are struggling with injuries, and Bellamy is banned... but this is Lichenstein we're talking about! Surely Wales will have more than enough with the likes of Myhill, Bale, Gunter, Collins, Ricketts, Ramsey, Edwards, Earnshaw, Vokes and Easter to win? I know some will baulk at taking 1.58, but in these circumstances it looks a great price to me... If not on its own then as part of an Accy? Wales -1 is evens, too.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Latvia v Moldova (Wednesday 7pm) Latvia's 5-2 away defeat to Greece on Saturday may have ended their play off hopes, but I reckon they are good value to see of winless Moldova on Wednesday. Maris Verpakovskis seems to be in good form as his brace in Athens suggests. Moldova are not good defensively, so fully-fit Latvia should close out their qualifying campaign comfortably. Advice: Latvia -1 AH at 1.95. (10/10) Sweden v Albania (Wednesday 7.45pm) Sweden's World Cup chances may look bleak after Saturday's loss in Denmark, but they must win to have any chance of making the finals. They should surely overcome an unmotivated Albania and the odds recognise this. It is noteworthy that this is most likely to be Henrik Larsson's final international game before he retires, and that may be an added incentive for him. Advice: Henrik Larsson to score anytime at 2.10. (7/10) Azerbaijan v Russia (Wednesday 5pm) Neither side has much to play for in this match: the Azeris have long since been eliminated and Russia are now forced to qualify via the play offs. Therefore there may be a few changes to Russia's side for this match. You would also expect Azerbaijan to be motivated for a match against their more illustrious neighbours, and they will have been buoyed from a 2-0 away victory in Liechtenstein at the weekend. Advice: Azerbaijan +1, +1.5 AH at 2.13. (5/10)

New faces for Russia team were called before the game with Azerbaijan - CM Tarasov from FC Moscow and RD Kuz'min from Lokomotiv Moscow. Both of them haven't played for Russia yet. This decision was reasoned by fact some players felt worse after the match with Germany (Pogrebnyak even will not fly to Azerbaijan, V. Berezutskiy and Pavluchenko are under question). Hiddink also added that the team will play for the victory but the players who have danger of disqualification will stay on the bench with huge likelihood. It turns out that Russia will play with a reserve team mixed with some old-timers. On the other hand for Azeri it's like a match of the year - Russia for them is a good irritant, and the federation has already claimed that every team player will receive 10000 euros if they win Russia team. So Azerbaijan(+1,5) seems to be a good value.
:welcome to PL profanat. :ok

I'm dropping the handicap option since hearing the news that Wayne Rooney is out. No bet for me now. I'm just not convinced that England are potent enough in front of goal minus Defoe and Rooney. Carlton Cole never impresses against anyone and Heskey is unlikely to turn into a goal machine overnight.
Steven Gerrard is the latest player to drop out of tomorrow night's fixture. David James has picked up a doubt, with a decision on whether he is ok to start likely to be made during Wednesday. I personally can't see him starting if there is the slightest chance that he may aggrevate an old injury. Ben Foster...:eyes has been added to the squad as backup.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 The more I think about the Belgium game the more I think they'll go to win. This is only Advocaat's 2nd game in charge and he'll want another strong performance against a team who have nothing to play for. There is still somewhat of new manager syndrome within the camp and players who come in would want to impress their new manager. Anyone have any team news on either team?

The more I think about the Belgium game the more I think they'll go to win... Anyone have any team news on either team?
Estonia: Important defender Radu Piiroja is back from suspension - he's very important and also the captain. But I don't think it's gonna make a huge difference, they played horrible against Bosnia and one defender is not gonna help them to win. If he was an attack maybe different story. Belgium: Everton midfielder Fellaini is out I think but everyone else is there and I agree with you , Advocaat is gonna get started immediately on trying to fit the team into a tactical framework, this is no walk in the park friendly, Belgium will come out to win - they need as many points as possible for UEFA co-efficient for seeding for the next EC2012 qualifiers.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 South Korea v Senegal (Friendly - Wednesday 12pm) I don't often bet on friendly matches but this does stand out as a good bet for me. South Korea are in good form and are unbeaten in their last 25 games, in the process topping a qualifying group containing Saudi Arabia, Iran and North Korea. They seem to be at full-strength, with Lee Chung-Yong, Park Ji-Sung and Park Chu-Young all set to start. The squad has been together in Korea now for a week and did not play at the weekend, so they seem well-prepared for this match. Senegal are already eliminated from the World Cup and go into this match without some of their stars. Edouard Cisse, Mamadou Niang and Souleymane Diawara have all been refused from travelling to Korea by Marseille. Advice: South Korea at 1.83. (10/10)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Costa Rica are kind of interesting at 4.75 to beat the USA. The USA have already qualified and Costa Rica would qualify with a victory. A loss and they go to the play in round vs. Argentina, Uruguay or Ecuador. These teams are very familiar, and the home team always wins. So the USA is an obvious favorite. But never been a do-or-die situation like this. USA could field a weakened team, and also hard to see the USA not letting down, even if they put out their first strength lineup. The layers have likely been drinking and chasing woman around Georgetown for the last few nights.

Costa Rica are kind of interesting at 4.75 to beat the USA. The USA have already qualified and Costa Rica would qualify with a victory. A loss and they go to the play in round vs. Argentina, Uruguay or Ecuador. These teams are very familiar, and the home team always wins. So the USA is an obvious favorite. But never been a do-or-die situation like this. USA could field a weakened team, and also hard to see the USA not letting down, even if they put out their first strength lineup. The layers have likely been drinking and chasing woman around Georgetown for the last few nights.
:welcome to PL dabes2. :ok

I think slovakia is a very good bet against poland away...Poland is a very bad team and slovakia obviously needs the point...slovenia will beat san marino which is common sense so slovakia will go all guns blazing for the win..9/10
This confidence level seems very strong for what is a difficult side against a good side with a new manager after Beenhakker's dismissal. Poland have had their issues lately and Mariusz Lewandowski's antics mid-week haven't made things any easier. However, as loose as it may seem, Poland play well after a defeat atypically and also in games that don't mean anything. I can't explain why; they just do. It's also worth noting that experienced goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek will be in goal as it was previously agreed, although goalkeeping errors from Boruc and Kowalewski in recent times also assists this change. Slovakia are a good side but I would not overlook Poland so readily. This is their new manager's first game in charge at home and players will be looking to impress. It's also worthwhile checking to see if Slovakia's strikers Holosko and Sestak are still missing. If so, I'd see what odds you can get on laying Slovakia for this one, whether they need to win it or not, because a side that cannot (or would not?) score at home to Slovenia is going to have a tough game with Poland if they have the same issues as in their previous game. Good luck all

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 HI Everybody. :beer The bet that always interests me in these european world cup qualifiers is you cant bet on teams who are 1/100 or 1/50,but you can take a dabble at correct scores when the teams they face are ,san marino-malta.andorra these 3 teams have scored only 4 goals between them in 27 games,so your half way there when you know that one team is likely to score nil nearly every match.malta have lost away 3 times 3-0 and the other match 4-0 san marino are no better,so the bet i have won money on in the world cup qualifiers is a correct score treble taking 2 correct scores in each match for these or other weak teams to get beat example this week say ... portugal to win 3-0 or 4-0,slovenia to win 3-0 4-0,ukraine to win 2-0 or 3-0. the bet is 8 x £1 bets on a correct score treble =total £8 returns if the correct score is one of the above £216, Also you can take 3 correct scores each which is 27 bets 2-0,3-0 or 4-0 of course the scores dont all have to be the same scoreline but you look back at alot of the earlier rounds and how many of the weak teams get beat to nil ,anyway thats what i am going with this week.have fun with your bets lads mally xx :cheers

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Poland v Slovakia (Wednesday 7.30pm) After Slovakia's surprise slip-up when only requiring a draw against neighbours Slovenia on Saturday, now its crunch time. Anything less than a win will almost-certainly give Slovenia World Cup qualification. Fortunately their opponents Poland have only pride to play for, and Slovakia [despite missing Stanislav Sestak] can take advantage of this. Advice: Slovakia at 2.10. (7/10) Switzerland v Israel (Wednesday 7pm) Both teams require a result here, therefore this could be one of the most entertaining games of this matchday. Switzerland just require a point to qualify directly for the World Cup; Israel need a victory and hope that Greece fail to defeat Luxembourg. The Swiss have been playing well, winning six of their last seven games, but I wouldn't say that this is a home banker either. Israel can call on players such as Yossi Benayoun and Ben Sahar and can definately cause the Swiss some problems. Advice: Over 2.5 goals at 1.95. (10/10) Turkey v Armenia (Wednesday 8pm) Both sides have just pride to play for, but this match is interesting due to the political background to this match. There has been hostility between these two states for years now, but this last week has seen some attempts by both governments build some friendly ties with one another. Furthermore, Turkey will be without some of their main players [sabri Sarioglu, Mehmet Aurelio, Sercan Yildirim, Nuri Sahin]. Therefore I am not so sure that Turkey should be as short as the 1.22 on offer. With nothing to play for and in the political circumstances, I feel that this could be a close match. Advice: Draw at 6.25 (3/10), Armenia +1.5, +2 AH at 1.78. (7/10)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Is it me or is there multiple new members posting all of a sudden? :welcome Slovakia as people say seems to be a decent bet at 2.10, they are going to want to win this game to ensure themselves top spot in the group. They certainly have the quality to do it as well, maybe wait for team news because they were missing two important players last match. Chile 2.5 to beat ecuador at home seems good to me as well. They have really impressed me so far this campaign, I just do not know if they will play a different team now that they are qualified. again ill wait for team news to make a better decision. I will be backing Argentina 2.75 to make it through, although they have not been consistent on any level (other than goofing up) they have the individual talent to really mount a challenge. Also I think that retired argentine players or important figures to the national team will be giving maradonna all their help and wishes, they are not going to allow Argentina to not make the world cup. Funny they had odds of 6/1 to win the WC before the qualifiers, now they are in desperate need to even qualify :spank I will be laying USA, Costa Rica 2.85 is going to do everything possible to get that spot ahead of Honduras. Otherwise they might be playing amuch stronger SA side. I know that they are playing away, but no matter what country from the americas USA will play the fans will be the majority of the opposing team. So they will essentially have the crowd on their side And I think :beerBob Bradley:puke is just out there and clueless looking at spain as long as they are 2.20 as well but may wait until I hear more info