** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 There is obviously a very big number of bettors taking Slovakie today in Poland. Indeed just a one team here with true motivation to reach the World Cup but that does not mean at all Poles will just give up. It is extremely cold here, rain with snow and 0 degress temperature. Slovaks missing 3 of their 4 regular defenders will not help them either. Odds are quite low on them, the fact that they must win, does not mean they will. In first leg Poland was better team until fatal 85-86 minute came when they lost 2 goals. Anyway good luck if U take Slovakia but I would wirte off Poland. Personally with @3.50 offered I see value on home side. Being Pole myself You might think I get biased here, not true, I would like to see us loosing 0-3 around to force changes but just think that Slovaks are not as good as the odds suggest. Good Luck.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15

Why do you think the game in the Czech Republic is a must win one for NI' date=' Jase? Effectively it's a friendly as neither team has anything to play for - bar a miracle if San Marino beats Slovenia, but then again it's the Czech win that is needed, not the Irish. Nonsense to bet on anything, the Czechs will probably go on to win, but app. 1.22 means they are unbackable.[/quote'] I think, game in the C Rep is sure shot win...In fact, betting on any thing with this is merely nonsense... You said -- probably they are gonna win..but i'm sure they are gonna win...

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 I'm on Uruguay aswell tonight @ 2.40. Argentina under Maradona have been a shambles and while with the players they have you can never write them off, especially in a one-off game with such high stakes, you just have to back Uruguay at these odds. Argentina struggled at home to a Peru side who are bottom of the qualifying section while Uruguay earned a hard-earned win away to Ecuador and should come into this game on a high. They are very strong in Montevideo and have only lost one home qualifying game to Brazil and Argentina at this moment or some way off that standard. They have struggled away from home including the well-documented 6-1 hammering by Bolivia. Uruguay's strong home form should see them through here against an out of sorts Argentina side. Uruguay to win.

Everything will be the same in S.America's qualifications after tonights games. I'm pretty sure in that, because Uruguay -Argentina will be drawn and Chile will beat Ecuador. So, just seat and watch :cheers
I hope not I have a €30 double on Chile-Uruguay....:hope

Hmmm in 1987 Portugal drew 2-2 at home with Malta, Also a few years back they drew at how with lowly Litchenstein. Portugal should win, BUT are they type of side to screw up. So i wouldn't put too much on them. They beat Hungary 3-0 luckly more than convincingly. The first two goals were poor goalkeping and luck respectivley. They don't look very convincing to be honest.
They will win but it will be 1-0 or 2-0 or something like that probably. Anyway at 1.01 Portugal are not really worth backing are they? Not much Value atleast

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 I have gone for an accumulator on tonight's games but mixed them up a bit due to going for what I think should be decent good things! England -1 HCP @1.44 Paddypower Whoever comes in for England has a chance to state their case for a place in next years world cup squad and after the recent defeat by the Ukraine, Capello will want to finish the campaign with a decent result and will make sure there is no complacency from the players who take to the pitch. Belarus are no mugs because they have travelled to both Ukraine & Croatia and got beaten just by the 1 goal, however as the way this group has panned out England have been far superior than anybody else in this group and I like the partnership of Crouch and Agbonlahor and feel there could be goals from these 2 as a partnership. Latvia v Moldova Under 3.5 Goals @1.36 Paddypower Latvia's play-off hope is minimal, requiring a Luxemburg success, Israel to fail to win and a goal frenzy against Moldova. They have met each other 2 times before with both recording a 2 v 1 win each and with the weather deteriorating it doesn't bode well for a decent game and should effect the likelihood of this being a high scoring contest and with very little at stake barring a miracle for Latvia we can expect a rather drab game. Germany v Finland Under 3.5 Goals @1.53 Paddypower With nothing to play for except pride here Germany are ringing the changes and are going to play quite a few fringe players. The last 3 meetings between these 2 have ended in a draw and I wouldn't be surprised if it ended that way again, however I would rather go for the likelihood with very little at stake both teams will not be that motivated and it should effect the goal count keeping it low. Kazakhstan v Croatia Over 2.5 Goals @1.67 Paddypower Croatia know that their play off hopes are pinned on Andorra holding out the Ukraine and them overcoming Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan have gone over 2.5 goals per game in 10 out of their last 11 games. Croatia have gone over in 4 out of their last 5 games and beat Kazakhstan 3 v 0 at home after Kazakhstan had just recorded an impressive 3 v 0 home win v Andorra, however they have gotten progressively worse since then and I don't see too many problems fro Croatia here and there should be quite a few goals in this game! The above accumulator pays just over 4/1 with Paddypower :ok

Poland v Slovakia (Wednesday 7.30pm) After Slovakia's surprise slip-up when only requiring a draw against neighbours Slovenia on Saturday, now its crunch time. Anything less than a win will almost-certainly give Slovenia World Cup qualification. Fortunately their opponents Poland have only pride to play for, and Slovakia [despite missing Stanislav Sestak] can take advantage of this. Advice: Slovakia at 2.10. (7/10)
Well... Slovenia is not Slovakia's neighbour! Slovakia is young, inexperienced team. Betting on them only beacause they have to win is nonsense. But, good luck with your bet.

Well... Slovenia is not Slovakia's neighbour! Slovakia is young' date=' inexperienced team. Betting on them only beacause they have to win is nonsense. But, good luck with your bet.[/quote'] Not just that. From reviews of Poland's match on Saturday they were apparently woeful in the first half. With nothing to play for against a motivated Slovakia side who can qualify with a win, I can only envisage an away win.

South Korea v Senegal (Friendly - Wednesday 12pm) I don't often bet on friendly matches but this does stand out as a good bet for me. South Korea are in good form and are unbeaten in their last 25 games, in the process topping a qualifying group containing Saudi Arabia, Iran and North Korea. They seem to be at full-strength, with Lee Chung-Yong, Park Ji-Sung and Park Chu-Young all set to start. The squad has been together in Korea now for a week and did not play at the weekend, so they seem well-prepared for this match. Senegal are already eliminated from the World Cup and go into this match without some of their stars. Edouard Cisse, Mamadou Niang and Souleymane Diawara have all been refused from travelling to Korea by Marseille. Advice: South Korea at 1.83. (10/10)
Thanks a bunch on this tip mangetous. :notworthy Korea won 2-0

Uraguay v Argentina It seems everyone is writing off the Argies now and looking at results I can see why. Don't forget though Argentina could still Qualify tonight even with a draw, at worst end up in a play off with a team from the upper section which in all fairness shouldn't struggle to hard to qualify from. The pressure is on Uraguay if they draw or lose, then they are out, or in the play off at best. They are more the form team but you cant write Argentina off. Im currently deciding on the possibilty of Laying Uraguay. I dont think you cant write off a team with Messi, Tevez, agueiro, Pato, Mascharano. These kind of stars. This game will be like a cup final. See if the odds change nearer to kick off
Since when was Pato an Argentine and please give me a line up that would consist of Messi, Tevez and Aguero in one match?

Since when was Pato an Argentine and please give me a line up that would consist of Messi' date=' Tevez and Aguero in one match?[/quote'] Oh yes. Pato is Brazillian. Sorry about that. I was rushing. My point wasn't about formations, my point was all of these players are available for selection and are available to use. They are top players. I don't know what line-up or formation Maradonna will use in this game, but he has a great selection of players to choose from.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 In my opinion the best bet for the Uruguay v Arg match is Uruguay 0 AH..i personally think the draw is the most likely result but I certainly cant see Argentina suddenly gelling and playing well because they need to, football generally doesnt work like that, only a change of coach or tactics can do this and Argentina have neither..try not to be seduced be the names of the players on show..Argentina are in this position because they are not playing well and the coach employs poorly thought out tactics, this is no surprise his two (brief) previous employments as a manager during the mid 90's resulted in 3 wins from 23 games! I think the pressure is on Argentina for this one as the backlash from the fans if they dont qualify will be huge..Uruguay are under pressure sure, but they are at home and that support will help not hinder, 70,000 sell out..if the game is a draw then you get your stake back but if Uruguay win which is the next most likely option for me then you collect at 1.775 (bet365)..this is a sensible bet for me..:ok

Well... Slovenia is not Slovakia's neighbour! Slovakia is young' date=' inexperienced team. Betting on them only beacause they have to win is nonsense. But, good luck with your bet.[/quote'] As far as the Slovaks are concerned,this is their World Cup final and as such a must win game,should they achieve anything less than a win,then they will find themselves in the unseeded pot for the play-off's and almost certain elimination at the hands of Portugal,Russia,France or Greece. They will throw everything at a demoralised Polish team with only pride on the line. I take Slovakia to win....bigtime.....its shit or bust for them.

In my opinion the best bet for the Uruguay v Arg match is Uruguay 0 AH..i personally think the draw is the most likely result but I certainly cant see Argentina suddenly gelling and playing well because they need to' date=' football generally doesnt work like that, only a change of coach or tactics can do this and Argentina have neither..try not to be seduced be the names of the players on show..Argentina are in this position because they are not playing well and the coach employs poorly thought out tactics, this is no surprise his two (brief) previous employments as a manager during the mid 90's resulted in 3 wins from 23 games! I think the pressure is on Argentina for this one as the backlash from the fans if they dont qualify will be huge..Uruguay are under pressure sure, but they are at home and that support will help not hinder, 70,000 sell out..if the game is a draw then you get your stake back but if Uruguay win which is the next most likely option for me then you collect at 1.775 (bet365)..this is a sensible bet for me..:ok[/quote'] I'm going for the draw in this game with plenty of macho South American blood and thunder on display. Maradona was a great player but as a manager he rates at the other end of the scale. The guy should be in a straight jacket and taking up residence in a nutbin. I see both these sides going to South Africa,one directly(Argentina) and the other(Uruguay) by the play-off route. Chile should dispose of Equador,poor on the road,but with a possibilty of the draw here,which wont do em much good.. I like Chile in this one..Good luck and God bless

Oh yes. Pato is Brazillian. Sorry about that. I was rushing. My point wasn't about formations, my point was all of these players are available for selection and are available to use. They are top players. I don't know what line-up or formation Maradonna will use in this game, but he has a great selection of players to choose from.
That's the whole point mate. Maradona is off his head, and not playing his best players. He's picked around 70 players in his time as coach, and none of the players have a clue what's going on. Messi was totally missing for the 2nd half of the Peru match. If you are basing your bet on Argentina having the better players, you are making a big mistake. There's no doubting that, but you need to watch highlights of the Peru match online somewhere. Once you've done that, you'll be throwing your money on Uruguay/Draw.

How the f*ck Ukraine only winning 1-0? Already 3 gilt edged chances in the 2nd half and none of them taken.... :wall
3-0 now... had the ball in the net twice afterwards aswell but both ruled out offside, never got to see the replays either. One more would do lovely jubbly. :hope

Andorra vs Ukraine Advice: 10pts on Ukraine (-3) AH @ 2.08 Ladbrokes I’ll take Ukraine on this line. First up we must remember if Ukraine win this game they will go through to the play offs. Second, there is something wrong if they do not win this game. Andorra are a part time outfit and their results certainly show that. In their last 4 games they have lost 3-1 at home to Kazakhstan, 5 and 6-0 away at Ukraine & England a 5-1 away at Belarus. I just think Ukraine should be able to cover this line and our money is returned for a 3 goal winning margin which is the most likely in my opinion. Good price here and I am willing to take it.
What a price is all I will say... :cow:nana:drums

That's the whole point mate. Maradona is off his head, and not playing his best players. He's picked around 70 players in his time as coach, and none of the players have a clue what's going on. Messi was totally missing for the 2nd half of the Peru match. If you are basing your bet on Argentina having the better players, you are making a big mistake. There's no doubting that, but you need to watch highlights of the Peru match online somewhere. Once you've done that, you'll be throwing your money on Uruguay/Draw.
Im not basing anything on anything at the moment. Im certainly not naive to the fact that Argentina haven't been having great results under Maradonna. If you re call back before Maradonnas reign, Argentina were having bad results also, so not all the blame can be given to Maradonna although he made a few strange selections in the Peru match. I just said that Im more likely to lay Uraguay than back them as Argentina have the comfort of drawing and can still go to the WC automatically or Via a play off. Uraguay on the other hand have to take the game to the Argies and need to win it, which I believe Argentina's attacking talent will relish the Counters and could possibly come out "suprise" winners.. Argentina are the Underdogs, but I dont think you can write a team off with players like Messi, Tevez, Macherano. I think they will come out with a draw maybe even a "suprise" win.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 R.Ireland v Montenegro over 2.5 goals at @2.12 (SBOBET) - 10/10 In front of 70.000 fans Ireland will hosts Montenegro in their last match in wc qualifications. For Montenegro will be easier now in this last qualy match than in theirs first mathces, pressure is off, morale is in up trend after first victory against Georgia (2:1). Our mission is not over, our mission is beggining, we will play bravely without fear, with character and our morale. We are playing agains big favourite here, and this will be very hard game for both sides, we will give the best we can and I expect very open match with at least three goals in the back of the net. We will miss our two key players Jovetić and Vučinić, but we have good squad without them too. Probable lineups: Ireland: Gilen, Kilbane, Dunne, N.Ledger, Keli, S.Hunt, Rouls, Miller, Duff, N.Hunt, Doyle Montenegro: Poleksić, Jovanović, Zverotić, Batak, Baša, Drinčić, Bošković, Damjanović, Vukčević, Peković (Kašćelan), Delibašić CHEERS AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BET(S) :ok

Congrats :clap...Pretty good price considering that Ukraine were playing one of the worst sides in Europe....They made it look hard though
Yeh well done, I expected Andorra to maybe hold out abit longer than they did. Put more pressure on Ukraine. Andorra almost scored which would have drawn the game out longer. Ukraine have racked up a big score there. They needed that confidence factor for the Play offs.