** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15

Uruguay just has to change his tactics and Maradona's head will explode. :lol I did lay Ecuador but have traded out, as Chile look to be fcukin about now, after a good first 25 minutes.
Was watching that game online Paul. Chile started very well and missed a few great chances but last 15mins or so Ecuador came into it alot more and very nearly scored right on the stroke of half time there. I actually think Ecuador are value at 3/1 at the moment as there doesn't seem to be too much between them, especially with Chile having already qualified and Ecuador playing to qualify.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that a goal either way will spark things off. We're not necessarily due another boring half. Neither team looks that nervous to me. They just seem to be very cagey.
Aye maybe so it's just not what I expected, it's not your typical South American free flowing game and both of them are just giving the ball away too much. Hopefully the 2nd half can bring us a better game and more importantly, a Uruguay goal! :loon:hope

If these early games are anything to go by, the teams with fcuk all to play for and are already qualified are not pulling out all the stops to win so watch how you bet tonight! I was convinced Croatia would win easy and they made hard work of it, and I'm so glad I didn't go for hcp and just kept to the goals tally going over 2.5 goals. German game was the same for me in that i played under 3.5 goals and they are getting beat at mo with little left on the clock 1 nil at home by Finland! A standout bet for me tonight: Uruguay v Argentina - Red card to be shown @2.00 Paddypower **** The last 2 games that these have played against one another has produced 18 yellow cards! and with the card count not being carried over to the world cup then i expect this game, (because of what is at stake) to be littered with fouls and the Ref tonight is under scrutiny for his antics in his last match! Expect this ref not to be lenient and brandish in excess of 8 or so cards which I expect one to be at least a red one! :ok
Well done Jonesy, nice bet! Never in doubt ;). Very unlucky with your accummulator too.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Fair play to Argentina, just like I said earlier in the week... you can NEVER count proven class out and that goes to show. Uruguay done most of the pressing but to be fair to Maradona, his side were set up very well tonight and they never looked like conceding.

the usa v costa rica game is a fix up the us goverment dont want honduras to qualify due to military commitmentsso the us team will NOT WIN THIS GAME!!!!!
That doesnt make sense because then Venezuala has an opportunity to get to south africa. And the situation with them is a little more intense but politics are useless here :notworthy

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 The Costa Rica head coach and assistant both got Red cards... ive seen coaches sent to the stands more than once and I know refs can get a red card but ive never actually seen it. I dont know the rules on if they are suspended for their WC playoffs either.

the usa v costa rica game is a fix up the us goverment dont want honduras to qualify due to military commitmentsso the us team will NOT WIN THIS GAME!!!!!
there goes that theory... Honduras is in :) Why wouldnt the US try to win that game, first they would wanted to try and get seeded by winning the CONCACAF. Second they probably wanted to win that game for Davis. It will be a miracle if Davis plays a game ever again. Guy is lucky to be alive after some of the pictures ive seen

Im not basing anything on anything at the moment. Im certainly not naive to the fact that Argentina haven't been having great results under Maradonna. If you re call back before Maradonnas reign' date=' Argentina were having bad results also, so not all the blame can be given to Maradonna although he made a few strange selections in the Peru match. I just said that Im more likely to lay Uraguay than back them as Argentina have the comfort of drawing and can still go to the WC automatically or Via a play off. Uraguay on the other hand have to take the game to the Argies and need to win it, which I believe Argentina's attacking talent will relish the Counters and could possibly come out "suprise" winners.. Argentina are the Underdogs, but I dont think you can write a team off with players like Messi, Tevez, Macherano. I think they will come out with a draw maybe even a "suprise" win.[/quote'] Uraguay 0-1 Argentina geeeee . I got lucky here I must say. What a result by the Argies. Atleast they made up for my loses in Europe.. That was absolutely Fantastic. :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana . .. :cheers Im so happy that Uraguay are gonna be at the WC also. I think they deserve to be there.

That's the whole point mate. Maradona is off his head, and not playing his best players. He's picked around 70 players in his time as coach, and none of the players have a clue what's going on. Messi was totally missing for the 2nd half of the Peru match. If you are basing your bet on Argentina having the better players, you are making a big mistake. There's no doubting that, but you need to watch highlights of the Peru match online somewhere. Once you've done that, you'll be throwing your money on Uruguay/Draw.
I think it was 79 players altogether excluding this game. Maraddona has turned into a hero now after this match. Its amazing what 90mins of football can do. I think backing Paraguay was the wise move though from a betting perspective, i got a little lucky, so well done to people like Paul R for giving us a good analysis on this match.. Im just glad I didnt back them this time round. Ill be looking to back them in the play offs for sure though... Well done fellas. This is the best footy forum in the world no doubt. :clap:clap:clap:clap

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 I can assure you that Maradona the coach is NOT seen as a hero in Argentina. The fact is, for most fans, Argentina barely getting in is an absolute joke. Even yesterday's win was not what Argentines' expect from their team. Consider the fact that Argentina actually lost a qualifier in Argentina, something that is unheard of. Argentina may be in, but so what? - qualifying for teams of this traditional caliber (Argentina, England, Brazil, Italy, Germany, etc.) is the norm) - only a true idiot would make Maradona out to be some hero. I can guarantee you that the Argentine press and fan base will remain highly critical despite the fact that they qualified. We shall see what happens next summer, perhaps Argentina will get their game in order by then and be buoyed by lower expectations...

Is it me or is there multiple new members posting all of a sudden? :welcome Slovakia as people say seems to be a decent bet at 2.10, they are going to want to win this game to ensure themselves top spot in the group. They certainly have the quality to do it as well, maybe wait for team news because they were missing two important players last match. Chile 2.5 to beat ecuador at home seems good to me as well. They have really impressed me so far this campaign, I just do not know if they will play a different team now that they are qualified. again ill wait for team news to make a better decision. I will be backing Argentina 2.75 to make it through, although they have not been consistent on any level (other than goofing up) they have the individual talent to really mount a challenge. Also I think that retired argentine players or important figures to the national team will be giving maradonna all their help and wishes, they are not going to allow Argentina to not make the world cup. Funny they had odds of 6/1 to win the WC before the qualifiers, now they are in desperate need to even qualify :spank I will be laying USA, Costa Rica 2.85 is going to do everything possible to get that spot ahead of Honduras. Otherwise they might be playing amuch stronger SA side. I know that they are playing away, but no matter what country from the americas USA will play the fans will be the majority of the opposing team. So they will essentially have the crowd on their side And I think :beerBob Bradley:puke is just out there and clueless looking at spain as long as they are 2.20 as well but may wait until I hear more info
feels awkward to be an American and to be happy your team is down 2-0 at half time. USA dont look threatening at all unless they are on a counter attack, but when it does come to a counter attack they always create chances. Look back at how they got up on brazil a few months back. Credits to Bornstein for getting his head on it in the 95' lol but they really missed too many chances to let it come down to the final minute, and a shame about Onweyu and Davies, get well :hope

I can assure you that Maradona the coach is NOT seen as a hero in Argentina. The fact is' date=' for most fans, Argentina barely getting in is an absolute joke. Even yesterday's win was not what Argentines' expect from their team. Consider the fact that Argentina actually lost a qualifier in Argentina, something that is unheard of. Argentina may be in, but so what? - qualifying for teams of this traditional caliber (Argentina, England, Brazil, Italy, Germany, etc.) is the norm) - only a true idiot would make Maradona out to be some hero. I can guarantee you that the Argentine press and fan base will remain highly critical despite the fact that they qualified. We shall see what happens next summer, perhaps Argentina will get their game in order by then and be buoyed by lower expectations...[/quote'] PLease Excuse me, my Soccer knowledge is rather limited, but what are you going to say if Argentina win the WC next year. Are you still gonna be disappointed with Maradonna. I wouldn't rule Argentina out thats for sure not with the players they have. Messi is rated as the one of the top players in the World. If i was to predict a WC winner, I would deffinately say argentina have as good chance as anyone next year. They even have the HAnd of GOd sitting on the bench..