Best bet of the day Fri 12th June

4.25 Sandown SHAMALI Watched this horse run here the other week, it drifted in the ring from 5's to 8's & ran well for a long time before fading into 8th inside the final furlong only beaten 3.5L behind the leader Dunno. Stepped up in trip by another 2f & well worth considering back on this track & ground.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June 16:35 York Chartist gets the nod. Has been racing at 6 or 7 furlongs which is a furlong too far for this one. Showed a lot of promise at 5f last season and if it could recreate that sort of form, could definitely be in with a shout here. Ground shouldn't be a worry, seems to do alright on "good to soft" ground that it currently is. Nicholls on board so they obviously fancy his chances in this one. Racing at a decent mark too. Tempted to NAP this, and I think I will do. Is a very open race in the betting market and also with the ground issues, I expect a couple of non-runners. 2pt WIN NAP

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June Chepstow 7.00pm 1pt lay El Dececy Horse racing in the grade it has good form in and backers will be backing this today but racing aint straight forward and 2 others plus a large field that might give out another horse that will win today. Connections seem to think at this grade this horse will win imv this is a harder race than they think and the horse wont win this one,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June 8.00 Goodwood Eastern Aria is a lightly raced Mark Johnston handicapper that was only narrowly touched off in this grade last time out at Lingfield. He won a handicap at that track off 75 and runs off 76 here after a disappointing effort on his only other previous try at turf - when 9th at Newbury on soft ground. However, this race tonight is a lower grade and I think he can go well. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June 605 Aintree : Silver Point Thought this ran a false race last time as he got entangled in a battle up front and had nothing left at the business end, if ridden with a little more patience he should improve enough to win this average heat.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June San 3.50 Imaan 1pt win Imaan had a lot of promise at 2 and he put a poor last run at 2 behind him to romp home in a maiden by 7 lengths as he was entitled lto. He had three really promising runs at 2. One behind weald park and then stepped up on that to chase home patrician’s glory who now is 100 rated horse. In his next run he just found aurorian too good and given that one is now late 80’s/early 90s horse that is a fair run again. As I said he was poor on his last run last year but he bounced back at the start of this season when the yards horses were not doing that much. Their form is a bit better now and in a handicap fto off 79 I think this one could go quite well.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June PRINCE EVELITH 2.50 York. 0.5 points each way. Has been running consistently and bare form gives him place claims in context with this race. Handles the good to soft ground and this extended 1 mile trip should be ideal for him. Gets in here off the same mark as last time (73), and with having the tongue tie applied I think it can produce a little improvement which will then surely see him go close. Tongue tie may not work, but on all evidence to date, it does suggest that it's worth aplying and can therefore bring improvement over this sort of trip. Should be able to race at normal cruising speed and finish at a pace that's good enough to see him contend for the win.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June INCHNADAMPH 3.25 York. 0.5 points each way. Not the most consistent of animals, but capable on his day and does stay this trip well, which cannotbe said for many others. The ground wouldn't be a problem with a bit of cut, and with being allowed to race off a mark of 88, it does appear to give him every chance of getting in the mix up. Again, not the most consistent horse in training, so could just as easily come last rather than first, but when weighing it all up and seeing that he could go very well if on his game, then the current 30/1 (Betfair) looks very tempting.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June patavium 335 mar ras. 1 pt win. looks interesting today as can run well on best form and is weighted to go close on best form. the grund will suit better than recently and so should the trip, and drops in the weights. big odds make the bet.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June Goodwood 9:05. Doric Lady. 1 point LAY Nice to read that so many of you have been doing well whilst I've been away. Hopefully I can emulate you with this one. This is a consistent filly who has won every other race over her last five races. but she is now 15lbs higher than the start of that run, and I feel the latest weight rise will be too much for her. There are a few useful fillies in the race, and I can see one or two at least taking advantage. Her price has drifted a little since I laid it early this morning, but still represents value in a competitive field.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June 4.10 Market Rasen - POKANOKET (1pt Win) I really don't understand why this horse is so big here? The favourite is Springfield Raki who finished 14 lengths behind this horse last time out and although there is a big turn around at the weights, Springfield Raki was very one paced that day and the extra 3 furlongs may not play to that ones strengths. The same cannot be said for Pokanoket who seems an out and out stayer and is bred to appreciated this further step up in trip. Malcolm Jefferson has a healthy strike rate at Market Rasen over the years and this one looks terrific value to give him another winner.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June 2.40 Sandown Cawdor Form has been very good and has done everything except get that win under his belt. Can perform on the softer ground coming 2nd here last september in a grade 4. The increase in weight doesn't seem significant enough to make a major difference so i'm very confident it will atleast place and hopefully win.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June Ch.7.35.Galilean Moon. [Ew] three trainers have there only runner at the meeting.John Gosden.Bantu which has been place 3rd..Mark Johnson, and M Stoute trains the sel, The fav will be trainer in form C Cox Sweet Holow trying to go one better than last time.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June 7.00 Chepstow - LAY Montmarte A seller is the lowest grade of race for the most lowly of the low. A 3 year old in selling company means that the trainer must already be hoping for a miraculous improvement so that he can be flogged off for much more than he is worth. He wears no gear that could help him improve, he has finished well down the field in all 4 of his runs, all of his past runs have been over roughly this distance and going so there will be no surprises there. Montmarte is simply a poor horse and to have him available to lay @ 6 (Betfair) seems to be an easy way to make 20% on your money.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June Chepstow 7.35 Galilean Moon Win Stepping up in trip here tonight from debut effort in maiden won by the decent Star Ruby. Although beaten a fair distance that day, wasn't given the hardest time by the jockey and with this step up in trip looking as if it will suit, every chance of breaking maiden tag in fairly open looking race. Richard Hughes first booking of the current season on one of Sir Michael Stoute's horses (21% strike rate with the yards 2yo over the last 5 years) and yard are rare visitors to this course but when they send one, it has to be taken seriously (3 from 7 over last 5 years; 1 from 1 with 2yo).

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June Clomnel 7.15 Mr. Olsen 2 pt W (Supernap) Big 2 f han. hurdles with not so strong horses. Mr Oslen has some very good runnings in 2005 and 2006 with a second place and few fifth places, close to the Top 3. On those runnings he was always 10-11, now thanks to Luke Mcniff will be 10-5. The horse won a p2p race in Ireland in November and then was send to train into very capable coach William Murphy, who has amazing strike rate (10% in hurdles and 27%! in Chases). The stable is in form, cos the only runner in last 14 days won in style a mayden hurdle with 7l advantage with 11/4 odds. In the other two runs before the last win, he also has a win and a second place in big mdn hurdles. I expect very strong presentation from Mr Olsen, whose odds right now are 16/1. GL

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June 7.00 chepstow With zero on this dont think the fav warrants as much respect as it is getting, they dropped in these poor races for a reason (not capable at handicap level) and therefore I feel an upset, ten pole tudor is another who hasnt done aswell in handicaps as he ought to, has produced best performance on turf with a bit of cut in the ground like there is tonight and with richard evan on board claiming a very useful 5lb should be there abouts 0.5pt e/w ten pole tudor

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 12th June

7.00 Chepstow - LAY Montmarte A seller is the lowest grade of race for the most lowly of the low. A 3 year old in selling company means that the trainer must already be hoping for a miraculous improvement so that he can be flogged off for much more than he is worth. He wears no gear that could help him improve, he has finished well down the field in all 4 of his runs, all of his past runs have been over roughly this distance and going so there will be no surprises there. Montmarte is simply a poor horse and to have him available to lay @ 6 (Betfair) seems to be an easy way to make 20% on your money.
:ok Beaten so far back he is probably still running. Hope the layers got on @ 6 or so because of the heavy drift out into 8's before the off.