** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09

Sorry for early thread, just not sure if ill have another chance to post up my tip for Tuesday :ok Sedgefield 9.05 Paint The Clouds WIN In races such as these there is no better man to have on your side than Alan Swinbank and this debutant can continue his fine record in bumpers. The selection has a superb Flat pedigree and is the son of a Group 1 winner in Muhtarram, and be sure he has been well prepared for this. Around 5/4 on early prices but that's worth taking with no obvious dangers.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 7:50 Folkestone - Monaadema - Back Looks a really tough day today, so I'm hoping I can rely on Haggas and Hills to give me 2 from 2 for June. 2nd on debut, then broke maiden tage at 2nd time of asking. Won really well that day, suggesting more was to come. The 11 month break has to be a concern, but hopefully she is now right and that's the reason she's back today. If she can pick up from where she left off, she'll take all the beating 1pt win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 Ripon 3:00 Spirit of France LTO at Redcar it came a very nice second over this ground and trip. However the most striking thing was the fact it made very nice headway from 3 furlongs out in the race. That was in a class 5 which it is back in tomorrow but the best thing about it is that it has been dropped a huge 5lbs in the handicap!. I'm not sure why to be honest, I would have bet on it even if it hadn't gone down in the handicap. But considering this huge drop in the handicap and the fact that the trainer and jockey are in decent form. 1pt WIN

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 Ripon 15:30 My BBOD today is Van Bossed. Performed poorly LTO but it perhaps only needed the run. Was slightly inconsistent last season but on it's day was a lot better than this field today. Mark is quite high and has never won at it (I think) but I think it can definitely overcome this. Nicholls on board and the horse has had it's best form under his guidance. Horse comes with a good pedigree and I expect it can win this race if it is now fit. 1pt Win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 2.15 Southwell - SINGEUR (win) Singeur ran an encouraging debut over this C&D when a 3/4L 2nd to Koo And The Gang - who had the advantage of experience. Singeur himself pulled nearly 3L clear of the 3rd home. Janeiro came 4th that day on his debut also, and has since come out and run a very pleasing 3rd at Beverley behind Archers Road and Hearts Of Fire, beaten less than he was by Singeur the time before. His main rivals strictly on form are Going French and Miss Lesley. Going French ran a decent race on debut to finish 2nd at Brighton, but he was running on over the 6f trip there and is dropping back to 5f today. Miss Lesley meanwhile showed she has the ability to shed her maiden lto at Windsor where she improved for her debut to run into 3rd place. That said she has started slowly on both occasions so far, and last time hung to the left when asked to go and win the race. All in all Janeiro makes Singeur's form look good, whilst the other 2 likely ones on form have doubts about them, and the selection can put his experience of the track to his advantage and come home in front this afternoon.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 2.45 Southwell-AW Hits Only Jude 0.5pts E/w Likes Southwell, 3 wins here at 6F. In this claiming race, he has an OR of 78 and is carrying 9st 6lb, which along with Dabbers Ridge would put him joint 1st rated on OR's. This class 6 race today is about his level and could go well if he stays 7F.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 Lis.7.30.The sel is Square Ball, it's not runfor 50+ days so Ew. Watchurhouse has a good cahnce, and it's has won a maiden hurdel. My Valley, who ran on the Flat at Clonmel last time,so should also run well. and there's another 20 in the race.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 8.20 Folkestone Sgt Schultz Win Won from a mark of 94 on polytrack in March and if able to produce anything like that form on turf would waltz away with this from only 76. That no forlorn hope given last 2 decent runs on the turf in class 3 handicaps. Trainer among winners in last 14 days and tonight could be the night for breaking the turf duck.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 Ripon 3.30pm 1pt lay Excusez Moi Horse has had a great Apr/May 09 but form today will be on the downward curve as this race looks a good one. LTO found the space it wanted and did take it but this race has a few that will do the same and imv do it better,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 6:20 Folkestone. Bold Tie 1 point LAY A three year old's handicap. The selection has only ran twice, both as a two year old. First time he was well backed but ran a bit green. But on the occasion he impressed in winning, getting home late on. Purely on that run, he would seem to take a lot of beating. However, there are a number of question marks over him in my eyes: Has he trained on? Even if he has, will he need the run first time out today against horses, all of whom have had the benefit of a run this season? His win was over 6f, where he got his head in front close home, so will he be suited to the 5f today? If any one of these factors become significant, it should be enough to see him beaten. It seemed a very good value lay earlier this morning when I got it at slightly over 2/1. The price has drifted since, but should still represent value.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 Folk 7.50 Monaadema 1 pt win A Haggas horse here who could in time prove to be substantially better than the mark of 72 which she has got here for his handicap bow. Two runs so far and both showed some ability. Second on debut if not beaten a fair way but then managed to step up on that to win when odds on and beating a couple of late 60s/early 70s rated horses so on that back of that, a mark of 72 is not that harsh. Also I noticed this one was put in a yarm race earlier this season and perhaps significantly it was a race that was won previously by the trainer with a similarly progressive type with musaalem who went onto good things. It wouldn’t surprise me if this one did something similar and won today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 TITINIUS 3.00 Ripon. 0.5 points each way. The fact he drops to a mark of 63 today is the main reason for selecting him, as he does have the form on fast ground to close and the trip's fine. Not too inconsistent either and with running well enough last time, he should run his race. I'm a little concerned about his win to run record (1 win in 45 lifetime starts), but all in all and at a price of around 8/1, I think he's worth a go.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09

TITINIUS 3.00 Ripon. 0.5 points each way. The fact he drops to a mark of 63 today is the main reason for selecting him, as he does have the form on fast ground to close and the trip's fine. Not too inconsistent either and with running well enough last time, he should run his race. I'm a little concerned about his win to run record (1 win in 45 lifetime starts), but all in all and at a price of around 8/1, I think he's worth a go.
Of course, it's a mark of 53, not 63!

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 VAN BOSSED 3.30 Ripon. 0.5 points each way. Has a liking fo this track and has a liking for the trip and ground too. Has the form to go well and being allowed in off a mark of 94, it all bodes well for a big run. Recent form isn't too inspiring, but has things more in his favour today and so has every chance.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 bertbrand 415 south. 0.5 pts ew. ran ok last time and has form on this surface. step up in trip is a plus and the handicapper has given him a chance at the weights. should go close if running to ability.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 4.45 Southwell World of Choice once belonged to Godolphin after being purchased for 700,000 USD as a yearling, but failed to live up to his price tag and was sold on for just £6,500 two years later. Even the switch to handicapping failed to bring about any immediate improvement, however, once he was stepped up in trip and applied with blinkers, he has looked a different character altogether. He won over 1m 3f in February, which was the first time he had raced beyond a mile, and sporting first time blinkers, was a comfortable winner for Ollie Greenall in an amateur riders handicap. He had a brief tilt at hurdling without success, but then returned to the flat at the start of the month when a winner over this course and distance (blinkers applied for second time in his career). A 5 lb rise from that win doesn't look insurmountable and with headgear on again, he could go close for Dale Gibson. 0.5 pt EW

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 Sedgefield 8.35 Celtic Flow 1 pt W The most interesting race in Sedgefield feature a lot of horses, who do not have big chase experience or such a distance (3m3f) experience. Kells Castle is the big favorite, but it's a question for him if he would carry such weight for entire distance on this class despite being in good form. if he could, he will probably win easy. But here we have one veteran, who may produce the big surprise. Celtic Flow is CD winner (few years ago). 11-years old horse made 2 runs in 3 m plus in April , finishing at the middle. He loves Sedgefield track and will be with the jockey, who rode him during his biggest success. P.S. The stable has another horse here, so this might be a strategic race for Celtic Flow or the other one :) Odds around 41-51 for him are nice value to play on :) So feel welcome to try and get them :)))

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 735 Sedgefield ; Nordwind Crap price but the only horse all day that I fancy. I have him a stone in front of the opposition. Some judges have called him some names and questioned his temperament, cant argue with that but they went overboard coz he was turned over at 1/4 one day. Lets hope history doesnt repeat itself.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 was going to look at that one BH also, if that doesnt win, i'll be very surprised. However, i backed Woody Valentine to land a nice bet last week over fences & it jumped well & was in command throughout. Stays in same class but has gone up in the weights however jockey claims 3lb so that will help. The irish challenger may prefer softer ground so not worried about taking that one on. On a 4 timer tonight & 2 course wins in recent weeks adds to the confidence albeit over further. 6.35 Sedge Woody valentine

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 8.20 Folkestone King Supreme E/W The formidable Hughes/Hannon is here with a horse with indifferent form. 2 recent appearances at Goodwood have resulted in poor results, both however at a higher grade. Around these 2 bad show, a win at Brighton and a 2nd at Windsor have occured. These both at todays grade and the 2nd place finish at Windor same distance at a 3lb lower mark. Due to this race being at grade 4 and at a distance this horse can perform at i see the 8/1 price as very good value.

6.50 Folkstone The form on offer does not amount to much here so any newcomers haven't a great deal to beat. Mudaaraah will be much the best of these in time and I'm taking her to win at the first time of asking. Mudaaraah - Win
Do ya think you post a bit earlier before off time, so we can all get on what Mr 100% is advising? :ok Cheers ;)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tuesday 02/06/09 8.20 folkestone Interesting looking handicap with a few unknowns but including the favourite here having changed yard and very lightly raced, but im gonna side with the inform gaia prince here today, step up in trip would look to suite after staying on very gamely last time out on good/firm ground! 1pt win gaia prince

was going to look at that one BH also, if that doesnt win, i'll be very surprised. However, i backed Woody Valentine to land a nice bet last week over fences & it jumped well & was in command throughout. Stays in same class but has gone up in the weights however jockey claims 3lb so that will help. The irish challenger may prefer softer ground so not worried about taking that one on. On a 4 timer tonight & 2 course wins in recent weeks adds to the confidence albeit over further. 6.35 Sedge Woody valentine
bugger 2nd 8/1, surprised at the price being so big, might have considered EW, i thought it would start 5's.