** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

HANTUCHOVA @3.1 Betfair. Well ' date= may be hantuchova is not playing her best tennis at the moment , but for sure she is better player than Cornet. Hantuchova and cornet played 2 matches in australian open and both of them are won hantuchova in straight sets.The chances are are %50 - %50 for me.So, the odds of hantuchova is value.
i love you :) for now atleast. going strong!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning btw I was not entirely serious. Did'nt you see the price? 13.00, that's not serious betting. btw I love Father Ted and Dougal lol :rollin btw Dudi Sela is great on the hardcourt and the guy is an uprising star from Israel with something to show in this AO. Dudi Sela - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Sela 6.00 bet365/sportingbet Does anyone get the feeling Tsonga belongs to the last years AO? Tsonga has failed to repeat the last years great stuff. He's been playing real bad, not like last year. He could fall to Sela. I'm gonna put a big warning on Sela and the big favourite Tsonga has'nt been up to any good standard. But he's been big favourite for two games and had big problems with his play against Monaco and Ljubicic. Sela has been better then Tsonga and shown he rules on hardcourt.

btw I was not entirely serious. Did'nt you see the price? 13.00, that's not serious betting. btw I love Father Ted and Dougal lol :rollin btw Dudi Sela is great on the hardcourt and the guy is an uprising star from Israel with something to show in this AO. Dudi Sela - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Sela 6.00 bet365/sportingbet Does anyone get the feeling Tsonga belongs to the last years AO? Tsonga has failed to repeat the last years great stuff. He's been playing real bad, not like last year. He could fall to Sela. I'm gonna put a big warning on Sela and the big favourite Tsonga has'nt been up to any good standard. But he's been big favourite for two games and had big problems with his play against Monaco and Ljubicic. Sela has been better then Tsonga and shown he rules on hardcourt.
French pride, TSONGA WONT LOSE. no chance. does anyone think safin can take a set off fed tonyt?

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Hi guys, 1 bet for AUSTRALIAN OPEN: BLAKE TO D ANDREEV @ 1.53 on stanjames The main reason for the bet is the head-to-head record which is 5:0 to Blake with 12:1 in sets. An another reason - Andreev must be very tired after playing 2 long 5 set matches in the heat, while Blake had 2 quick 3 set matches. Otherwise, I would say that I don't rate Blake as a top player outside of US hard courts, but such a convincing H2H must be a serious advantage for him.

bartoli-safarova hi guys, today is horrible card but one match with solid odds caught my eyes.bartoli,lost some kg,and she is looking in her best shape in life.she had good preparation in brisbane where she reached final but there she lost to azarenka who is flying at the moment.i watched her live in that tournie.she looked great from baseline. on the other hand we have safarova,nothing special for me.she had so so preparation for tournie goin 2w 2l. all in all i think bartoli is better then lucie. marion @1.57 6u gl
well done marion my record is 3.1 and 6.9u up.next games are getting closer looks...

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Blake @1,5 - Stake 10/10 Blake -1,5 Sets @1,7 - Stake 5/10 This is going to be my biggest all-time wager in sports betting. Andreev produced nearly the double amount of unforced error than he produced winners in his last match and of course the fact, that he has already 10 Sets played here in 2 matches... Blake looked comfortable so far and leeds the H2H 5:0 with 12:1 Sets!! I cant help myself but can only see one winner here... Do it James!!

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Agree Radevd Safin is not as bad as the market thinks ,well sometimes he is thats when he dont give a toss and will just give up but today i feel he has a good chance vFed Have taken set betting Safin 3-0 1/2pt 55.00 Betfair Safin 3-1 1/2pt 34.00Betfair Safin 3-2 1/2pt 21.00 Betfair Lay Fed 3-0 3pts 1.74 Betfair We have hope :hope:hope:hope

Baghdatis @1.67 to beat Fis i like mardy fish, from a specific view: i can not find any american worse than him, but the problematic view remains: i can not find any one BETTER than him, even roddick is not better player than him, andy is just more frequent winner his game is always stable and reliable: big server as americans do it, and quite good net aproaching, but nothing special in my opinion baghdatis is doing very well slam, melbourne is his favourite place, and he really looks great, -look at his backhand, a tremendous weapon- baghdatis is the favoite here, and i strongly beleive that he will win this match one way or another Baghdatis @1.67 betfair is a must back :dude
Well done and thanks :nana got me out of a tight squeeze. Mike

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Cheers guys:ok. Another good day hitting the big dog. GONZALEZ @ 1.741 Pinnacle. This price looks pretty reasonable. Gonzalez has really impressed me here, with a 5 set win over Hewitt and a clinical win over Canas. He could be getting closeto 2007 form and I expect him to take Gasquet out here. Gasquet has come through OK so far, but mentally I'm still not totally convinced this year. I was looking for a H2H as these guys have very distinct styles and it's important how they'll match up. However, they've never played so that's no help. I think the matchup will favour Gonzalez, he has the power to rush Gasquet like Tursunov who has had good success against Gasquet. Gasquet could use his backhand well to keep Gonzalez back and off his forehand, but Gonzlalez has looked willing to rally with his slice and I think he can control a lot of the rallies. MELZER to win 1st set @ 7.00 Blue Sq. Don't normally go to this market, but I quite fancy this. Of course Murray is on another level, but this isn't a great match up. H2H is 3-0 to Murray but they've all been close and Melzer was very close to beating Murray at the US last year. Murray has improved a lot since then but still Melzer is a tricky opponent. Murray can sometimes start a bit slowly, and I expect Melzer to have a decent chance in the 1st set before Murray grinds him down. HAAS to win 1st set @ 7.00 Blue Sq. This is going to be a real test for Nadal, and I still think he can be found wanting on hard courts. Haas has been fairly impressive in his comeback here picking up a couple of easy wins and should relish a night match on a big court against Nadal. H2H is 3-0 to Nadal and all in straight sets, but I remember the meeting in Cincinatti last year, I didn't think Haas was playing well but he stepped up and played a very good match. Just like the Murray game, I think Haas has a chance to come out firing then should fade later on.

KLEYBANOVA @ 5.00 Blue Sq. Let's have a go at another big price. Ivanovic has still looked pretty shaky at times this week' date= and is still making too many 'easy' errors. She's going to be pressured in this match by Kleybanovas big hitting and could crack. Kleybanova is close to getting into the top 30, she has a big game and this could be her big breakthrough.
Nice shout, Sir :ok My experience of that particular match wasn't much cop :cry I backed Kleybanova in-running at 2/1 to win the second set at the start of the tie-break :sad When she had a mini break in the tie break and lost it, then lost her break in the final set, I thought there's no way Ivanovic is going to give her another chance, and promptly backed Ivanovic in-running at 8/13 :sad I'm cursed I tellz ya, cursed!! :lol

Nice shout, Sir :ok My experience of that particular match wasn't much cop :cry I backed Kleybanova in-running at 2/1 to win the second set at the start of the tie-break :sad When she had a mini break in the tie break and lost it, then lost her break in the final set, I thought there's no way Ivanovic is going to give her another chance, and promptly backed Ivanovic in-running at 8/13 :sad I'm cursed I tellz ya, cursed!! :lol
I backed Ivanovic just before the tie break, and when she won that i thought she would win, then goes 3-0 down the next set, starts to come back and gets broken again... luckily had a bet on baggy, so sorted me back out!! Mike

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning i cant bet against Gasquet, the guy is in terrific form, gonzo alsoi\ looks great, i favour the french guy here to win, coz i know his devil form...NO BET Almagro is the probable upset of the day...i never trust monfils, while i like too much the spaniard....NO BET Melzer doesnt scare of murray, he will give the battle till end, crash test for murray this one ,therefore NO BET ...:dude

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Gasquet to beat Gonzalez @2.28 I cant sleep, leaving this away.. gonzo he did the job so far, especially beating hewitt, an arrogant but not important player, a player with nothing to show apart from old fashioned tennis, a player of the 20th century, while we are at 21 one then he beated canas who? who is canas? and who remembers canas? whos is that argentinian ? without his drug dose, canas is a ridiculus player i just mention gonzo victories, coz i fancy richard here, gasquet the pride of france, looks terrific, he is looking for something big here, he is in top form, i can not imagine any other result than gasquet victory Gasquet for ever @2.28 for me, is a bet to remember, and i will not watch it, coz i will be busy tomorrow good night :dude

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning My bet for today/2moro Sorry for late post bin watching Ulrika win me some cash on big bro outright! Got Federer -3.5 games 1/7 Nadal 3-0 4/9 Verdasco to win 8/13 treble= 2.65 Obviously Federer has already played I fancied him all the way today Safin is not who he was federer much better I think he will walk to the final to be honest Iv watched both of Nadals games and altho they were with pretty much nobodys (Rochus bin around a long time but never very good better at doubles) but he has just blown them away, cant really see him losing his serve he just works so hard and I think he will rellish the step up in opponent. Verdasco playing some great tennis so far lost only 8 games in 2 matches which is awesome, Stepanek already beaten him this year in 3 sets (ill admit forgot to check the head to heads before i put the bet on :lol ) but still quite confident of a victory here. On a great lil run with tennis betting at the moment 100% of 4-5 big bets on the open so far so you just know the first one i post on here is gonna lose! Also got a free 10 pound bet on: 3-0 Nadal 3-0 Verdasco double @ 6.50 Victor Chandler Good luck all :ok

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Andy Murray v Jurgen Melzer: Murray 3-1 @ 5.00 Sportsbet Mr. I is on the button about Melzer. They've met twice in the last 6 months and on both occasions Melzer took a set off him (3-1 in Davis Cup, 3-2 in US Open). Murray is clearly the better player and I can't see Melzer taking him to five again, but I do feel that he can take one set off of the Scot, a bit like Muller against Del Potro. Elena Dementieva v Samantha Stosur: Dementieva 2-1 @ 6.00 Sportingbet Last night I took Dokic over Wozniacki because I believed the home crowd and scenario would give her a boost and I think the same applies to Stosur. However, the difference here is that Dementieva is better than Wozniacki (particularly in terms of mental strength), whilst Stosur isn't as strong as Dokic. That being said, I am hoping that the boost the crowd will give Stosur should be enough to help her take a set. At these odds its certainly worth it, though the danger is that Stosur is competitive but loses in two tight sets (7-5 6-4) rather than taking a set.

Andy Murray v Jurgen Melzer: Murray 3-1 @ 5.00 Sportsbet Mr. I is on the button about Melzer. They've met twice in the last 6 months and on both occasions Melzer took a set off him (3-1 in Davis Cup, 3-2 in US Open). Murray is clearly the better player and I can't see Melzer taking him to five again, but I do feel that he can take one set off of the Scot, a bit like Muller against Del Potro.
Melzer had a decent chance in the 1st set, shame he couldn't take it:sad

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Holy shit, this has been the most succesfull week for me in tennis betting ever. All I can hope now is that this run is not over yet... Baghdatis @2,2 - Cashback if Djokovic wins not 3:0 Stake 10/10 Marcos really impressed more and more with every match he played here. Amazing returns, amazing passing shots, amazing spirit... this guy is back at his best, no doubt! Djoko on the other hand is far from his highest potential. Maybe it`s the new racket, maybe it`s his average season-preparation, i dont know it... It seems to me that he has to think a lot on court, nearly every shot is hard work for him, nothing`s going smooth these days like when he was on his run to the title here last year... Even if both were in top form i would give Baghdat some good chances tonight but under these circumstances i really like this bet at the given odds! One set for the Cypriote should be a no brainer and than i already have a huge freebet on Marcos to finish the job!

My bet for today/2moro Sorry for late post bin watching Ulrika win me some cash on big bro outright! Got Federer -3.5 games 1/7 Nadal 3-0 4/9 Verdasco to win 8/13 treble= 2.65 Obviously Federer has already played I fancied him all the way today Safin is not who he was federer much better I think he will walk to the final to be honest Iv watched both of Nadals games and altho they were with pretty much nobodys (Rochus bin around a long time but never very good better at doubles) but he has just blown them away, cant really see him losing his serve he just works so hard and I think he will rellish the step up in opponent. Verdasco playing some great tennis so far lost only 8 games in 2 matches which is awesome, Stepanek already beaten him this year in 3 sets (ill admit forgot to check the head to heads before i put the bet on :lol ) but still quite confident of a victory here. On a great lil run with tennis betting at the moment 100% of 4-5 big bets on the open so far so you just know the first one i post on here is gonna lose! Also got a free 10 pound bet on: 3-0 Nadal 3-0 Verdasco double @ 6.50 Victor Chandler Good luck all :ok
:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana Both winners to continue my open 100% record think ill be having a few :beer 2nite to celebrate! hope you followed n good luck. P.S. Verdasco 3-0 was my long shot n ended up 6-4 6-0 6-0 they guy is on fire! Murray watch out!

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning hello perfect and top guys ! Melbourne 25/01/09 last 16 Djokovic @1.35 v Baghdatis @3.65 i am not sure who will win this one djokovic is the defending champion, one of the best players of the world, motivated as hell to defend what he acheived last year baghdatis is coming as outsider, with a slight difference though, the guy, and everybody in his team, dont feel outsiders, in contrary, what they speak is revenge of wimbledon 2007 and nothing less than revenge, they beleive that they will beat djokovic 100% confidence is sky high at baghdatis team and fans, a defeat is absolutely unthinkaple i speak abour revenge, of course this is tennis revenge, everybody understands this, players want to kill each other in courts, but outside courts they respect each other the minimum, not to say that some of them are even friends my opinion? over...i predict at least 4 sets, about winner....hands up, i have no idea good luck :ok

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Gonzo won a 5 set epic, both the 1st set bets had chances but lost. DEL POTRO @ 1.465 Pinnacle. I thought this would be general 1.33 going to 1.40 tops. Del Potro has looked fine coming through so far, and is at least a year ahead of Cilic in his development. He's turning into a big time player and he should definately come through this. He's very solid and serves just as well as Cilic. Over 3 sets Cilic would have a decent chance, but over 5 it's del Potro all the way for me. BAGHDATIS @ 3.75 totesport. Baghdatis looks to be back to close to his best in this tournament. He had to come from a set and a break down against Soderling then totally dominated the match against Fish. He looks to be playing with his unique blend of passion and happiness, his crowd are back and he loves this tournament. Still not convinced about Djokovic. He's had a decent draw so far and dropping a set to Delic isn't very good. He hasn't really been pressured yet and this will be a big test. I expect this to be close and I'll back Baggy to cause a big shock. BARTOLI @ 4.5 totesport. Looking for another big upset here. Bartoli has looked very good so far, coming through a couple of tough tests. She looks slimmer than at the end of last season, and hitting very well. Jankovic has been a bit unconvincing so far. She hasn't dropped a set, but had trouble with Flipkens and Sugiyama and this is going to be a much tougher test. H2H is 3-3 including Bartolis win in a cracking match at Wimbeldon 2007. PETROVA @ 2.74 Pinnacle. This one is interesting. H2H is 5-1 to Petrova including a win last year. Petrova looks to be playing well in this tournament and when she serves well is very tough to beat. Zvonareva has come through easily so far, but I'm not convinced she's in the same form as late last year. DOKIC @ 1.75 VC. Stand out price here from VC. Both coming off big upsets in the last round. Think Dokic will handle it better, especially on 'her' court with 'her' crowd. It will definately be tough for Kleybanova to deal with. This could well be Dokic's tournament, and I think she'll pass this test. She's show Kleybanova what a real ball basher is about!

Gonzo won a 5 set epic, both the 1st set bets had chances but lost. BARTOLI @ 4.5 totesport. Looking for another big upset here. Bartoli has looked very good so far, coming through a couple of tough tests. She looks slimmer than at the end of last season, and hitting very well. Jankovic has been a bit unconvincing so far. She hasn't dropped a set, but had trouble with Flipkens and Sugiyama and this is going to be a much tougher test. H2H is 3-3 including Bartolis win in a cracking match at Wimbeldon 2007. PETROVA @ 2.74 Pinnacle. This one is interesting. H2H is 5-1 to Petrova including a win last year. Petrova looks to be playing well in this tournament and when she serves well is very tough to beat. Zvonareva has come through easily so far, but I'm not convinced she's in the same form as late last year. DOKIC @ 1.75 VC. Stand out price here from VC. Both coming off big upsets in the last round. Think Dokic will handle it better, especially on 'her' court with 'her' crowd. It will definately be tough for Kleybanova to deal with. This could well be Dokic's tournament, and I think she'll pass this test. She's show Kleybanova what a real ball basher is about!
too late to bet on Bartoli......but i like the look of the other two..esp Petrova(if she keeps her nerves/temper on check)..... well u r on fire with the DOGS Mr I....!!!keep going....

verdasco would of been a better bet, i dont get why people on here dont like him. HES A FREAK.
Just took Verdasco at 190. Have a feeling he will go very close to upsetting Murray, who I am beginning to think struggles against left-handers. (Melzer, Nieminen have taken sets off him in the past, only one once against Nadal), and Verdasco is in good form, worth a shot. Baghdatis looks like superb value tonight as well (3.85 Betfair). Have thought Djokovic has looked fragile all tournament and Baggy has the game that can finally punish him for it. Well done Mr. I on Bartoli and JMDP, and lets hope more to come. :clap