** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb Watching Schwank - Haas livestream now and it's quite interesting game. I think Schwank can win. Have a small bet on him at 2.62 when the score was 2-2. Haas struggle to break Schwanks serve. Schwank has a bit more easy to break Haas. Now the game is 3-3. Will probably be a five-setter. A bit advantage to Schwank to win 3-2.

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb I know, there's been something in the air about upset on Lapentti for days. Stepanek won Brisbane title last week so it's hard to see him crashing out in AO first round. That makes it hard to place a bet on Lapentti so I have no bets on the match at all.

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb hoping tsonga holds next game, or even breaks here. do u have money on verdasco for the open? if not, you should get on it. $330 on some sites, hes well worth it (Y) may struggle aggainst murray , nadal and co. but if luck falls his way theres no body he cant beat. ever since his DC win , hes not been the same, the boys a freak. get on it.

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb

Leyton Hewitt unreal.....had him in 2 combos with Bremond and Istomin. Man the guy has fallen apart not even the Aussi crowd can bring him back to life.
i could of told you he was going to lose in 5 sets :P i had him in a multi with youhziny :( and he got shat on... silly.

thats abit risky. Tsonga has a habit of slow starts... niemenen 6-0, etc.. i think 3-1 ;D
You are right, Tsonga has slow starts. He was down 2-0 in first set but Juan Monaco is not a good player now so he did'nt even get a set. A player with some more form then Monaco can take a set from Tsonga.

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb Hi fellas, I have opened another thread specifically for chat on the Australian Tennis Open Championship 2009. If you can chat about the tournament in that thread it will help :ok As this sticky thread is for tips, statistics etc... and not idle chat. It gets confusing having to sift through all the idle chat for people who want to get information, tips, stats regarding the competition if there are endless chat posts. Cheers Fellas :ok

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb i watched large part of the hewiit gonzo match, gonzalez was super for hewitt, i am sad to hear that some people placed money on hewitt...the guy simply cant follow the power and the technique of modern tennis, he belongs to the past and warn, that anyone excludes gonzo for the title here is mistaken, gonzo has equal chances as many others "favourites":ok

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb Soderling v Baghdatis Melbourne second round last night i was speaking with a swedish tennis coach,the guy beleives that robin gonna beat baggy, coz he is in top form and really ambitious for this slam, however he admitted that he didnt watch anything of baghdatis this year, and his estimation is based on what baggy deliver in last 18 months personally, i watched three of the total four previous meetings, robin is leading 3-1, have to say though, that baggy was in terrible shape in all those clashes, and the cypriot completely changed his game since then,,he is totally dedicated to new post modern french school of tennis, -like we say schools of art, painters-he is playing now the net agressive game, with excellent efficiensy, 19/24 in last match against benneteau baggy improved also the discipline inside the game, he is at 75% comparing the 2006 player, and i cant refer to 2008 coz baggy didnt play, while in 2007 was in bad shape he must increase the discipline inside though, and i expect from him to reach 80% tomorrow, which means much less unforced errors-he did 43- baggy's forehand is now a cataclysmic one, he uses it for big winners, while his backhand is also excellent, i expect a lot from baggys backhand tonight the key against robin,is not to allow him to gain confidence, because in this case, he may destroy you, baggy gonna coz him huge problems with net agressive game, and push robin into a big mess Baghdatis to win @2.50 betfair, with intention to trade within the game, to secure profit one result or another, providing of course that baggy will take the lead in any part of the match :okgood luck to all :dude

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb Watching Nadal - Rochus on livestream now, odds on Nadal to win first set 6-0 8.50 @centrebet << That's giving away money. Nadal crushed poor Rochus easy 6-0. Soderling - Baghdatis Well it's nice writing from you AndrewMurray. I hope you are not patriotic about your cypriotic player Baggy now. Anyway I don't think you are. As I'm swedish myself I know Soderling very well and he's not to impressive when facing harder opponents. Soderling has a good serve but is very good at making a lot of errors when serving. He faced Del Potro a few days ago and had no chance and he had around 10 double faults. Baggy is more quality then Soda even though his ranking is lower now. Sodas ranking is 17 now but he'll start falling on the rank when he does so many errors. Baggy has good form and is allways impressive at AO so he'll probably knock out the only swede left.

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb Game, bet & match empty.gif Sportpapers Stefan Holm give the best bets "from" Australian Open Stefan Holm Holms best bets: Smashcamp Robin Söderling–Marcos Baghdatis 1 (1,61, Bet365) Söderling have plusstatistics against the cypriot and win again. Baghdatis hardly can breath in the heat and have a gameplay that suits the swede. This is from a swedish newspaper and I can just laugh about it. First: what the hell is best bets "from" AO? Should be best bets in AO. Anyway this guy supposed to be expert "Holm" claims Baghdatis got problems to breath in the heat? What the...? How does he know that, haha. I wonder where he got that from. To bad many swedes put bets on Soderling now after reading mr. Holms suggestion. In sweden we have many so called newspaper-experts who make people lose money when they follow them.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - chat thread Don't agree with you mate. Please no chat here. Because other post has more chat than tips.Post only your tips: Tipsarevic 2.75 ( vs. M.Cilic ) I saw their last meeting a week ago in Chennai. It was a strange match Cilic won despite losing 0-6 in second set. Tipsarevic is a guy who enjoys big matches. Cilic on the other side hasn't achive something noticeable at Grand Slams. Experience is the first factor. Secondly I don't believe he can maintain his level of serve whole match and in rallies I think Tipsarevic is better. Hrbaty 2.50 (vs. Ferrer ) All their matches in past were very close H2H is 4-3 for Ferrer. Hrbaty is totally a new player this year. Coming through qualification he had beaten J.Isner, while Ferrer had a hard game against Gremelmayer. He was outstanding at Hopman Cup, beating J.Blake. He's in great form, that my biggest argument. On hardcourts Ferrer is not very good.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - chat thread Baghdatis 2.20 ( vs. Soderling ) Like AndrewMurray, who's a cypriot himself and know surely better than me this guy I agree the smarter player will beat here. As Cilic Soderling is not good at major events, and who if not Baghdatis likes long Grand Slam matches. Soderling is a "brainless" player, he can't play big points, he's inconsistent, inexperienced... H2H tells there matches are very close. Marcos had beaten not an easy opponent - Benneteau and seems to regain his form.

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb It's a close match really I don't think really the heat will effect much more Baghdatis than Soderling. That's really stupid. As I mentioned in other post I'll bet on Baghdatis, but I think best way of making some money at AO is betting in-play.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

Don't think we've had a chat thread before, why not, see how it goes. ( Radevd, moved your posts from the chat thread in here )
Thanks mate, in one moment I thought you deleted them and was angered. ;) :)

I think about sth like this: Williams/Williams - Kuznetsova/Petrova Jans/Rosolska - Paszek/Senoglu Robredo T. - Troicki V. Mathieu P. - Delic A. Any thoughts?
Where do you find doubles matches betting ? Robredo really disappointed me losing in Sydney to Ancic ( 6-2, 6-3 ) something this way. Troicki is an inconsistent customer, but can be sometimes very good. I can't find a prediction here.

Where do you find doubles matches betting ? Robredo really disappointed me losing in Sydney to Ancic ( 6-2, 6-3 ) something this way. Troicki is an inconsistent customer, but can be sometimes very good. I can't find a prediction here.
In my local bookmaker in Poland;) Later should be on bet-at-home. So, what do you think about Williams sisters? They always play good in doubles. Jans and Rosolska were in final in Brisbane. Paszek and Senoglu is a little question mark.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning I'm an ATP fan so really have no knowledge in WTA tour, especially doubles. Nalbandian -8 1.83 (vs Lu ) Nalbandian is one of the favourites for the tournament, he should have no problems against Lu. The chinese shall be a challengers player not in Grand Slams for me. No real serve and surely Nalbandian will smash him in long rallies. Too big diferrence in class.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Decent 3-2 yesterday, both losses were in 5 sets so could have been so much better:cry TIPSAREVIC @ 3.05 Pinnacle. Cilic v Tipsarevic OVER 39.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Taking a couple of stabs at this one. Cilic beat Tipsarevic in 3 sets in Chennai and that was close, and I think the conditions here will suit Tipsarevic more. Tipsarevic took 5 sets against Hernandez which is a bit of a concern, but he does tend to be strong in 5 setters and this has a good chance of going that far. Cilic is still a bit too inconsistent for my liking, and I expect Tipsarevic to step up here and make this a real battle. HRBATY @ 2.54 Pinnacle. Ferrer still looks like a mess to me. He lost a really poor match against Querrey in Auckland, then went 5 sets with Gremelmayr which isn't very good for a guy of his class. He still hasn't showing anything that he is over his slump from last year and is very opposable. Hrbaty looks like a new man this year and I quite like this price. Djokovic v Chardy OVER 28.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. I think this will be pretty close. Djokovic still seems to be struggling a bit, even against Stoppini in the 1st round he had a few problems. Chardy is improving, and look the type for the big matches. He had a good run in Sydney and an easy first round match, and should be able to keep this close. The over looks slightly better than the +8.5 games, as Chardy may win a set but then fall away later on. SANTORO @ 5.00 Sportingbet. Can Santoro get another big win? I'm willing to have another go with him. Ferrero didn't look very good but Santoro really took care of him and was a convincing winner. Kohlschreiber was comfortable against Querrey who I thought played a poor match and I'm still not sure about Kohlschreiber. He pulled out of Auckland with a shoulder problem and although he came through his 1st round I'm still not convinced. . PIRONKOVA @ 2.87 Skybet. I backed Pironkova in the first round and I'm willing to back her again at this price. By all accounts she was moving well and hitting well in a comfortable win over Sprem, and I think her style will match up well here. H2H is 2-0 to Bartoli but the last meeting in New Haven was really close. You never know how Bartoli will perform, and I like opposing her. She's got a pretty poor record here having never past the 2nd round despite being seeded the past 3 years, and she's had a couple of disappointing losses (Vinci and Arvidsson). CHAKVETADZE 2-1 @ 4.00 Ladbrokes. Who knows what will happen here! I used to really like Dokic, and it's great to see her back, but this could be too much to get a win. She came through in 3 against Paszek but I can't see her doing it again. Chakvetadze is still a complete mess, but she has a habit of coming through in 3 sets, and I think this has a really good chance.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning hello all -new here, but have been following this forum for a couple of years now. Mr Intensity many thanks - have made a few quid off your picks from time to time. I also like the Harbynator tonight against Ferrer. He's over his elbow injury and looks the player of several years back, not forgetting this is a player who knocked off Federer when Feds was in his absolute prime. I think Soderling is a better option than Baggy. Soderling's play from the baseline is more accurate; If Baggy plays like Stepanek did against the Swede in Sydney and forces Soderling to come to the net more often than I suspect Soderling will struggle - but I don't think Baggy is fit enough and still gives too many chances on his own serve. I'm still fuming over Taylor Dent - had him in a 1st round multi with Mallise, Hrbarty, Bartoli, Bolleli and Pironkova. Everyone got up but him - and he led 2 sets to 1 only to collapse spectacularly in the final two sets!

It's a close match really I don't think really the heat will effect much more Baghdatis than Soderling. That's really stupid. As I mentioned in other post I'll bet on Baghdatis, but I think best way of making some money at AO is betting in-play.[/quote yeah, is baghdatis that said about the heat, and the 35 degrees:$, he coudnt even breath in third set as he said, but i dont account on such statements, baggy is in terrific physical form, heat is gonna be problem for both..tactics and only tactis will decide the result here, i expect baggy to serve little bit better tomorrow as he promised to improve it day by day Good luck to all, and yes in -play betting is wise idea:ok