** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning S.Bolelli - M.Fish Last year Fish played high level tennis at tournoments which took place in USA.he beat Federer,also he played very well against djokovic.But he did not played good at other tournoments.he was beaten consecutive 2 times this season.Moreover he did not win a match until australian open.In addition to this, he lost a set in the first round although he was seeded player. Bolelli hasn't lose a set in the first round.He has a great chance against Fish. Bolelli @2.48

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Todays Bets for me: Cilic - Bagdahdis (multi1) Robredo & Roddick 3-0 (m2) Petrova & Bartoli (m3) Errani - Roddick 3-0, Bartoli - Cilic 3-2 - Hrbaty - Safin - Bolleli (m4) Mathieu - Berdych - Errani - Safin (m5) Santoro - Chardy - Chakvetadze 2-1 - Safin (m6) Tomic - Del Porto (m7)

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

Guys, watch Chardy please:loon i have a feeling for a shock result! the guy plays fantastic tennis, would cause all kind of troubles to djoko... lets see, if chardy delivers the first shock result :dude
A few days ago I was on to Jeremy Chardy when he faced Stepanek and Chardy won first set 6-2 and led last 3-0 before Stepanek retired. Djokovic have'nt looked very good before AO and how come he struggle to finish of a player like Stoppini? If Djokovic would have been in better form he should have won easier. I don't think Djokovic will go far this year and it feels like Chardy could knock him out. Chardy 11.00 bet365

EventYen-Hsun Lu v. David Nalbandian
SelectionNalbandian win 3-0
Strength10/10
Date21/01/2009
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningWilliam Hill looks out of line with the other major bookies with this price. Bet365 are going 2/7, so 8/15 is clearly a "come and bet with us" price, and, well, I am going to take them up on it. Nalbandian over the last 12 months has an 82% win record on the surface, giving up just 10 sets in 17 matches. Lu meanwhile has much less experience, and has won just 4 sets in 5 matches for a 40% win record.
EventRobin Soderling - Marcos Baghdatis
SelectionRobin Soderling
Strength10/10
Date21/01/2009
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.67 (Back)
ReasoningI hear the stories regarding the improvement in Baghdatis for this year, but I still don't see Soda losing this matchup. Boasting a 3-1 H2H record, a 70% overall win record in the last 12 months, and a 72% win record on the surface, Soderling outpoints Baghdatis on all the stats, and can take control of this match from the baseline, making 4/6 look a slightly generous offer in my opinion.
EventTszvetana Pironkova v Marion Bartoli
SelectionTotal Sets In Match: 3
Strength10/10
Date21/01/2009
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningBartoli is favourite for this match, but has not lived up to her seeding in her last three visits here, whilst Pironkova looked good in dispatching Sprem in the first round. Bartoli holds a 2-0 H2H record, and if she is 'on' then she can extend that to 3-0, but if not, then she is against an opponent who can, and will, take advantage of that. Either way, I see this going to a deciding set.

Todays Bets for me: Cilic - Bagdahdis (multi1) Robredo & Roddick 3-0 (m2) Petrova & Bartoli (m3) Errani - Roddick 3-0, Bartoli - Cilic 3-2 - Hrbaty - Safin - Bolleli (m4) Mathieu - Berdych - Errani - Safin (m5) Santoro - Chardy - Chakvetadze 2-1 - Safin (m6) Tomic - Del Porto (m7)
Multi 4, gone. Hrbaty i knew had no decent chance, but i thought he could pull it off. didnt. 5 multis left, didnt put tomic on.

Todays Bets for me: Cilic - Bagdahdis (multi1) Robredo & Roddick 3-0 (m2) Petrova & Bartoli (m3) Errani - Roddick 3-0, Bartoli - Cilic 3-2 - Hrbaty - Safin - Bolleli (m4) Mathieu - Berdych - Errani - Safin (m5) Santoro - Chardy - Chakvetadze 2-1 - Safin (m6) Tomic - Del Porto (m7)
all gone . 1 loss on m5 . mathieu . goods odd on that multi 2.. sumfin like $2.76 .. meh, gone .

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb

3-1 :@:@. Sloppy 2nd set. Maybe the heat is affecting him particularly badly I dunno' date=' he claimed it was making him dizzy in Auckland, but Robredo put in a no nonsense performance against Reynolds and should roll over him. [/quote'] I thought I was overstating Troicki's poor performance against Martin due to being a bit peeved at losing my first AO bet (and it being a crap one anyhow) so I stayed away but Tommy really battered him good and proper didn't he. I'm going to have a go at Dokic, small interest bet only. The crowd really helped Erakovic a lot earlier so I have a feeling Chakvetadze will find the atmosphere exceptionally difficult to cope with if things get tight.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning baggy is finished, walk around the park for soderling, is too early, but no chance for terrible baggy, the worst baggy i ever see.... sorry guys, my pick proved bad cheers:dude i decided to place money on federer to win the title, he was really really good and impressive today:ok

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Have just taken a sly little stab at Gilles Muller on the outrights (1000s on Betfair). Is IMO in the easiest quarter of the draw, has a massive serve that will suit him well against likely future opponents (Roddick and Djokovic). Stamina a bit of a worry but should take care of Tomic easily tonight.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning baggy was exceptionally good, after he broke his racket, such come back only baggy can do it, remember a lot of similar cases, nalbandian ao2006, agassi usopen, djokovic wimbledon 2007, where baggy was down 0-2 sets, and 0-3 games at third...1.01 at betfair, so so near to do the miracle.. the next big match i expect is baggy v djoko for last 16:dude i am guru tipster :) LOL

Have just taken a sly little stab at Gilles Muller on the outrights (1000s on Betfair). Is IMO in the easiest quarter of the draw' date=' has a massive serve that will suit him well against likely future opponents (Roddick and Djokovic). Stamina a bit of a worry but should take care of Tomic easily tonight.[/quote'] verdasco would of been a better bet, i dont get why people on here dont like him. HES A FREAK. tomic has a real HOT chance. the boys 16, hes australian , playing in australia, doesnt get much better then that. P.S Santoro just broke in the 4th. 6-5 , santoro serving to take it to 5.

SANTORO @ 5.00 Sportingbet. Can Santoro get another big win? I'm willing to have another go with him. Ferrero didn't look very good but Santoro really took care of him and was a convincing winner. Kohlschreiber was comfortable against Querrey who I thought played a poor match and I'm still not sure about Kohlschreiber. He pulled out of Auckland with a shoulder problem and although he came through his 1st round I'm still not convinced.
THe old man does the business for you again :clap

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning :@:@:@ Guys please do not chat here. Tell only your tips, without speaking like this "excellent tips, great baggy..." There is another thread for this. This thread it's turning into garbage. EDITED - AS IT ALSO TURNS INTO GARBAGE WITH BLUE LARGE FONT :ok

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Coolio thanks man, i thought so just thought id check before i look an idiot :-D for the Clement v Verdasco match i got 11/10 (Boylesport) for 3-0 Verdasco and 5/4 (Bet Direct) on Clement +2.5 last night, so I cant lose right? They have since realised this and changed the odds but i managed to get a hefty amount on it!

Coolio thanks man' date=' i thought so just thought id check before i look an idiot :-D for the Clement v Verdasco match i got 11/10 (Boylesport) for 3-0 Verdasco and 5/4 (Bet Direct) on Clement +2.5 last night, so I cant lose right? They have since realised this and changed the odds but i managed to get a hefty amount on it![/quote'] If you put your bet, even if they are mistaken they shall pay it to you. BestBettingTips, will you combine these two bets, because it has no sense to bet on 1.21 even if Tsonga and Monfils are heavy favourite for us. :) Berrer +6 2.00 We all know Stepanek capability, know his inconsistency and what he's capable of. Radek is decent in rallies and his serve-volley is not so effective last time. But what about Berrer. He's a guy who wastes his talent. He's a big hitter like Tsonga can be little nervous at time. He has big serve. That's why I think Stepanek will have some trouble. His outing at the net will be punished by heavy balls from the racket of the German. We see so much sensations and Stepanek is one of the guys who can be in troble against poor opponents. Even if he'll win he won't smash his opponent. I'm sure about it. Gulbis 1.53+Simon 1.16 I think no comment Andreev is clearly struggling, Gulbis has the weaponry to beat him easily, also Simon should have no problem against Guccione.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Santoro saved me from an awful night. GONZALEZ 3-0 v Canas @ 2.50 Ladbrokes. Gonzalez looked very good most of the time against Hewitt and after that 5 set match, I fancy him to take this one comfortably. Canas also went 5 against Kindlmann which is quite poor, and after a very poor end to 2008 I can't see him producing much here. His game and fire seem to be lacking and despite Canas leading the H2H 2-0 I think Gonzo will dominate this. ISTOMIN +7.5 games @ 1.90 Paddy Power. Istomin got a nice win over Spadea in the first round, and pushed Hewitt to 4 sets here last year. I think he has enough to keep this close against Gasquet who still doesn't appear near his best. Gasquet was pushed to 4 tight sets against Junqueira in the first round which was a surprise to me and he could find this just as tough. Gulbis v Andreev OVER 39.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Happy to be on the over here. Andreev hasn't started the season too well, with early losses to Youzhny and Chardy but they both went the distance. He won in 5 in the first round and despite not playing too well he seems to be fighting well. Gulbis I still think is overrated, and I expect him to display some flashy brillance and periods of many errors in this match. Just feels like a tight 4 or 5 setter to me. BALTACHA @ 6.50 Skybet. Anyone else surprised by this price? I know I am, I thought it would be more like 4.00-4.50 at best. Baltacha is very talented, and has a good game when playing well. She's reached the 3rd round here before, did well in qualifying and got a good win over Groenefeld in the 1st round. Of course Mauresmo is several levels above her, but I still think she's prime for a big upset. Her play this year has looked a bit better than for most of last year, but I'm still not convinved. RAZZANO @ 2.24 Betfair. Schnyder looks really out of touch this year, in the first round she looked awful against a 15 year old French girl. Razzano has looked pretty decent this year in Hobart, and despite taking 3 sets in the 1st round that was against a better opponent. She has the firepower to hit a lot of winners here and I'll take my chances at this price despite Schnyder leading the H2H 2-0.