** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb

Troicki 3-0 @ 2.00 on boylesports. A talented young Serb up against claycourter Martin. Troicki lost to Rafa last year (7-6, 7-5, 6-1) in the first round while Martin didn't make it through qualies last year (lost to some 1000+ ranked guy) and was beaten 6-0,6-0.6-1 by Murray here two years ago. I don't think the score will be that emphatic but I can't see Martin getting much off Troicki's serve on this surface. The Serb has 37 aces from 39 service games so far this year so if he serves well, he should get plenty of free points.
3-1 :@:@. Sloppy 2nd set. Maybe the heat is affecting him particularly badly I dunno, he claimed it was making him dizzy in Auckland, but Robredo put in a no nonsense performance against Reynolds and should roll over him. Well done on the Santoro pick Mr.I. Outstanding. I have two or three leans (Lisicki, Oudin 2-0) tonight, but nothing stands out really.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fed looked good tonight' date=' and hungry. Decent performance first up that was. :ok[/quote'] Superb first set from Fed but very little between them in the 2nd and 3rd I thought. Seppi held 11/12 of his service games, there was good value on game betting there in fact, eg on boylesports, Seppi was around 1.67 and 1.73 to hold serve.

Fed looked good tonight, and hungry. Decent performance first up that was. :ok I'm on him outright at 3.50, way too big a price to turn down on the best player in the World, who just had a slight off year due to not being 100%. Also had a sniff on Verdasco e/w, but can't see that hapenning now after the draw... I'm going on Wednesday, should be a good day out. :ok Can anyone tell me which semi Fed would play (if he gets there obviously)...the Thurs or Friday one?? I've got tickets to both, but will probably sell the one he's not at.
hey ok, i just catch your point, you booked tickets for both semi finals i guyes, and you wonder which day federer will play, you mentioned the name federer and i confused, coz i dont see him really favourirte to participate in semi final... thats:nana all, and good night

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb Good start going 5-2 including the big price on Santoro:ok Golubev v Fognini OVER 37.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Happy with the over here as I think this'll be close. These guys are similarly ranked, same age, Golubev is a decent fav as he's done more on hard courts but I think Fognini will put up a fight. Fogninis results on hard courts last year weren't that bad and in the slams on hard he lost in 5 sets (Russell and Odesnik) in the 1st round and I see this being a similar type match. ISTOMIN @ 2.25 Paddy Power. I'll take the young man here. Istomin does OK on the challenger circuit and I think he's a decent player and generally has decent support in this tournament. Spadea is getting on a bit and unlike say Santoro, I don't think he's in great shape and will struggle in the heat. He lost 1-6 7-5 6-1 to Colin Ebelthite (who?) in qualifying for Auckland which is a shocking result. HEWITT @ 1.90 Paddy Power. I'm willing to go with Hewitt here. I think he's look pretty good so far this year, the comeback is going well and with home support he's a solid fav. Gonzo beat him here in 2007 but then he was really at the top of his game and nowadays he doesn't seem anywhere near that. He didn't look too good in Kooyong and will really have to step up to beat Hewitt here. KUNITSYN @ 2.75 tote. Got to take a shot against Ljubicic. He looks finished these days and is actually the lower ranked of these guys (not down to injury either). Ljubicic lost all of his matches in Kooyong, including against Moya who was rountinely dumped out in the first round here and Baghdatis who doesn't look fit. Kunitsyn has taken a couple of heavy beating this season but I think he'll fancy this match up and has a good chance. BREMOND @ 2.62 tote. Bremond knocked out Vaidisova in the US Open in straight sets and I fancy her to do the same thing here. Vaidisovas game/form/head have just completely gone and she's shown little so far this year to suggest she's getting it back together. Bremond hasn't started the year too well losing twice in qualifying but should have good memories of the US Open match and that should help the confidence.

What's the opinion on Pavel +10.5 Games at evens????? Murray should come through this pretty easily but surely Pavel will take 8 games over the match? :unsure
Back injury, hasn't played in almost a year. You know what shape he's in? He's really getting on nowadays anyway, and Murray likes giving out bagels:tongue2. No bet for me on that one.

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb Have been thinking of opposing Vaidisova, too - she's still priced up based on history, but fell when she ran away from her father-coach and never really recovered - she would have been a 1.3 shot on top of her game, but now it's at least a 50/50 match so laying Vaidisova should bring dividends. Also backing Hewitt - in reasonable form and the people will simply push him through.

Going on previous years, the woman's semis will be on the Thursday and the mens on Friday. Almost certainly one will be played in the day session and the other at night - you may not have tickets for the separate sessions? A mens semi then the woman's doubles final is the likely scheduled for the Friday night but they won't determine which semi until they know who's playing.
The Aus Open site has one mens semi on the night session Thursday and the other on Friday. http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/tickets/schedule.html

HRBATY @ 1.76 Betfair. Hrbaty was playing some great stuff in the Hopman Cup against quality opposition, he tanked in Auckland then comfortably came through qualifying here. He's got class, a great record in this tournament and should handle the heat well. Isner's slam record is poor, after 3rd round US Open 2007 he lost 1st round in all 4 last year, including a battering in Aus by Santoro. SANTORO @ 4.05 Pinnacle. Not sure Ferrero deserves to be this much of a fav. Santoro can still do some damage, and has a decent record here. He was hammered by Nadal in his only match of the year but I don't think that has too much bearing on this game. Ferrero was reasonable against Kohlschreiber last week but still don't think he's solid enough these days to be this short. GARCIA LOPEZ @ 2.25 Stan James. Nice price on GGL here I feel, nothing between these guys. Garcia Lopez has reached at least the 2nd round for the past 4 years here, whereas Calleri mixes 1st and 2nd round losses. Garcia Lopez hasn't played any warm up tournaments which is a bit of a concern but I'm willing to overlook it. Calleri lost 1st round the past 2 weeks and also lost him last 4 matches of last year. PIRONKOVA @ 1.645 Pinnacle. Pironkova is improving on hard courts, has got some decent wins already this year and should be too solid here. Sprem had massive potential but never fulfilled it and nowadays just seems like an unforced error machine. She came through qualifying but didn't really beat anyone of note and I can't see her winning this. KEOTHAVANG @ 2.75 Paddy Power. This is definately a winnable match for Anne. She's started the year in very good form and has a great chance at a big scalp here. Chakvetadze finished last year poorly and started this year with an awful loss to Suarez Navarro who was then readily beaten by Keothavong. Gulf in class here, but Chak's head doesn't seem right and that gives Anne a big chance. Looks like missed the early value as 3.00 was readily available yesterday. I'll look into some 3-0's later.
Can't believe no one has congradulated you on some superb picks!! Top class stuff this mate - especially the shout on Santoro :ok Very well done, i look forward to reading more of your tips. Double tonight with Hewitt and Istomin for me.

Re: Australian Open 18th Jan - 1st Feb hi all, have to say that for today there is only valuable to play the dogs.nothing else.some so called tight matches will be decided thats for sure. for me only one and that is the home boy hewitt.he even ask to be moved for afternnon session,guess he will want wo warn out gonzalez.neverless i trust him.saw him play aready 2 times this year,and feel fairly positive about it.plus the crowd with cmon will help him,no doubt. hewitt @1.84 5u

Can't believe no one has congradulated you on some superb picks!! Top class stuff this mate - especially the shout on Santoro :ok Very well done, i look forward to reading more of your tips. Double tonight with Hewitt and Istomin for me.
Cheers mate, that made up for the dodgy start to the season I've had:ok

Good start going 5-2 including the big price on Santoro:ok Golubev v Fognini OVER 37.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. ISTOMIN @ 2.25 Paddy Power. HEWITT @ 1.90 Paddy Power. KUNITSYN @ 2.75 tote. BREMOND @ 2.62 tote.
I had Santoro and Garcia Lopez from you last time and I have taken Istomin and Kunitsyn this time. Hewitt I was thinking about days before AO. I had a winning bet on Hewitt last year when he knocked out Baghdatis. I got something called Intensity-double with Istomin, Kunitsyn. Golubev - Fognini will go over 40 games. Thanks for posting suggestions, I would not have won on Santoro and GG Lopez without you.

thats abit risky. Tsonga has a habit of slow starts... niemenen 6-0, etc.. i think 3-1 ;D
Thank you.. I'll put a livebet right away on bet365 Tsonga to win 3-1 because Juan Monaco is doing good in first set. I had less then 5€ on Tsonga 3-0 anyway so I wont lose mutch. It does look like Tsonga will lose first..

Thank you.. I'll put a livebet right away on bet365 Tsonga to win 3-1 because Juan Monaco is doing good in first set. I had less then 5€ on Tsonga 3-0 anyway so I wont lose mutch. It does look like Tsonga will lose first..
hes carrying a injury.. speaking just then Tsonga just broke. Monaco isnt shit by all means, but Tsonga will win. Verdasco to win 3-0 would of been a good bet.. paying like $1.40 good tennis multi rnd 2; ive found so far. Roddick 3-0 (awesome server, etc) Cilic to beat tipsarevic. (cant handle heat to well, and well, hes not going that good, lucky to win)

Serious jail bait everywhere - be warned! Long t-shirt advised. Going on previous years, the woman's semis will be on the Thursday and the mens on Friday. Almost certainly one will be played in the day session and the other at night - you may not have tickets for the separate sessions? A mens semi then the woman's doubles final is the likely scheduled for the Friday night but they won't determine which semi until they know who's playing.
Yeah as Mr I says, they have one on Thursday, one on friday. One is late, one is avo... Jail bait huh, excellent :ok