** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

I'm on Murray 3-0 and Murray -6.5 both at 2.02 He loves playing lefties and against 1 dimensional ball-bashers like Verdasco. His defences are just too solid for that sort of player. He leads the h2h 5-0 in main tour matches. It's very hot out there too and that will favour Murray. I remember Verdasco having big trouble with the heat when he faced Stepanek in the 4th round of Wimbledon in 2006 and when he played Murray here in 07.
on yah murray, little dik! hahaha VERDASCO's MY HERO. !@ STIK IT UP EM VERDASCO!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on yah murray, little dik! hahaha VERDASCO's MY HERO. !@ STIK IT UP EM VERDASCO!
MY IDOL DOES IT... wen are people going to learn , hes the best EVER! GET ON IT! VERDASCO TO WIN COMP STARTED AT $1001 to $1, n now its $21 on sum sites GET ON IT!

G'job! Not sure about the best ever but certainly a big chance of making semis with Blake seemingly a QF player only and Tsonga having some injury clouds.
tsonga will have a win tonight. im 49 from 51 matches picked in tennis :) THIS AO :) ive had verdasco since day one...

I'm on Murray 3-0 and Murray -6.5 both at 2.02 He loves playing lefties and against 1 dimensional ball-bashers like Verdasco. His defences are just too solid for that sort of player. He leads the h2h 5-0 in main tour matches. It's very hot out there too and that will favour Murray. I remember Verdasco having big trouble with the heat when he faced Stepanek in the 4th round of Wimbledon in 2006 and when he played Murray here in 07.
so close. Good shout jeffers. Great stuff from verdasco but you must be high if you think Verdasco can win the tournament. And judging by your posts I'd say the former is a reasobale assumption.

so close. Good shout jeffers. Great stuff from verdasco but you must be high if you think Verdasco can win the tournament. And judging by your posts I'd say the former is a reasobale assumption.
he will comfortably beat tsonga . back him for the AO. hes a differnt Verdasco.

Well done to all Verdasco backers:clap:clap Shame you haven't put them on here then:lol:lol:lol
ive actually got a few in my glory hunt :) heres another tip from the tipster :) hehe Dokic to knock off Safina, (possibly 2-0) Dokic playing great tennis & is playing for her country.. + everyone will be supporting her. Safina isnt going so great, suffering two match points in her last match. :) gl

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Djokovic v Roddick - Djokovic 3-1 @ 3.65 Betstar I've come around a bit on Djokovic who is doing just enough in every game without getting too uncomfortable. I think he'll step up again against Roddick, who can take a set for sure. Could quite possibly take two too, but I feel best value is in the 3-1. Also, have had 3 very long shot specs on the correct score WTA; 1st Set Dokic 6-0 @ 201 - No WTA match should ever have 6-0 this high IMO. Safina crumbled in one set against Cornet and with crowd support Dokic is certainly capable of blowing her away early at least 1st Set/2nd Set Bartoli 6-0 @ 151 - Again, WTA match. Bartoli almost demolished Jankovic 6-0 (6-1 in the end). Zvonareva certainly no better than Jankovic and if Bartoli comes out in the same groove then whose to say this wont come off? Very unlikely yes, but less than 1% likely, no, IMHO.

Djokovic v Roddick - Djokovic 3-1 @ 3.65 Betstar I've come around a bit on Djokovic who is doing just enough in every game without getting too uncomfortable. I think he'll step up again against Roddick, who can take a set for sure. Could quite possibly take two too, but I feel best value is in the 3-1. Also, have had 3 very long shot specs on the correct score WTA; 1st Set Dokic 6-0 @ 201 - No WTA match should ever have 6-0 this high IMO. Safina crumbled in one set against Cornet and with crowd support Dokic is certainly capable of blowing her away early at least 1st Set/2nd Set Bartoli 6-0 @ 151 - Again, WTA match. Bartoli almost demolished Jankovic 6-0 (6-1 in the end). Zvonareva certainly no better than Jankovic and if Bartoli comes out in the same groove then whose to say this wont come off? Very unlikely yes, but less than 1% likely, no, IMHO.
i like dokic 6-2 first set. home crowd is going to hand dokic first break id imagine... shes really going to give it all as shes playing with nothing to lose. :) ill defintly take bartoli in a multi.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning heret0win, tone down the Verdasco stuff a bit will ya...you're not the only one on him to win outright...and no he's not the best player out there :lol I seriously think Verdasco could make the final though, fingers crossed for a Verdasco v Federer final :loon I'm off to the night session tomorrow, just picked up tickets from ebay, can't wait, could be another electric Dokic/Fed double :D

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning my tips for today are bartoli where has she been since wimbledon 2 years ago i dont know but i know shes a good thing lump on :ok djokovic will beat the big serving but little else roddick dokic very impressive so far should be to strong for safina who was incredibly lucky last time out :hope does anyone think del potro has a chance against fed:unsure

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning for today we have some matches more tight then the odds suggest. safina-dokic i did read about safina on the mainpage that not even coach is watching her games.she is not mentally strong and she will get upset with the crowd,and to mention that if her 1st serve is not going well i wont give her that many chances unless she shows up.dokic is simply on fire.see some value but dont trust dokic. bartoli-zvonareva as i wrote before bartoli lost some weight she look fit and as well she has the experience from grand slams.mad vera has to bring her a game to cope with her.no bet for me. djokovic-andy watch last match vs marcos and simply djoko was too good for him.cant see andy serving that good constantly,and from the baseline there is imo only one player. del potro-roger del potro is 0-3 vs fedex.last game fedex was rusty but with the game going for 5 sets there was only one player on court. for me djoko/fedex double,looking for the bst odds. gl

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning dokic injured her leg badly in last match. i tought she will retire but somehow managed to win. there is no chance that she will win this match if she even decide to start. she walked really hard last two games and u can imagine her leg several hours later:puke this is a banker today on safina

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Are you sure the injury was so bad - it looked like a sprained ankle, but then she refused even medic's help and ran nowhere like with an injured ankle. After the match she said she was exhausted, but that was it.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning i am not sure, but she was warm when refused medical. doc cant do with that injurie nothing.same happened to me and it hurts after several hours like hell. leg will swallow for sure. and her body talk also showed that she was in pain. will se. it is better to skip this bet than, rather to waste money on dokic

i am not sure, but she was warm when refused medical. doc cant do with that injurie nothing.same happened to me and it hurts after several hours like hell. leg will swallow for sure. and her body talk also showed that she was in pain. will se. it is better to skip this bet than, rather to waste money on dokic
According to what I read it was just a twsited ankle, so it shouldnt be a problem 2 days later.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Dokic missed her practice session yesterday but was reportedly walking around OK. Her team say the missed practice was just a precaution, whatever that really means? Seems a fair bit of talk of Safina vulnerable after fortunate to get through but I'm always wary of that. She showed enormous determination and self belief from 2-5 and sometimes that provides the spark to come out smoking next up.

I'm leaving it tonight' date=' not feeling anything:$[/quote'] Im exactly same fella nothing sticks out at all every match could possibly go either way and any score it hard to get some real value out of the remaining games only thing im thinkin is djokovic to win -1.5 sets at 8/11 but roddick looks to be very sharp at the moment so will most likely give it a miss.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning I think Roddick Djokovic could go to 5, if Roddick serves well from the off. If he gets broke early, I've seen it before, he could go down pretty meekly. But as fatherted says, Roddick is looking pretty sharp at the moment. Federer will go through easily imo, and Dokic, well, I just hope for another classic :clap

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning quater final bet Safina win 2-0 djokovic win 3-0 federer win burton albion win (won earlier) four fold 8.35/1 Watched dokic last match and wasn't very impressed with her. At this stage of the tournament home crowd support means little. i actually thought the crowd only really started getting behind her mid way through the 3rd set. I will be suprised if she takes a set off safina. djokovic 3-0 i am less confident on but my bettig strategy is 6-8/1 odds consistently whether i play football or tennis and i decided djokovic had better chance of achieving this than federer. The head to head show each set farly close 6-3 6-4 7-6 kind of sets. My thinking is i cant see roddick winning a set by breaking serve but if theres a tie break theres a chance he will take it. as i say, this is more to do with my personal betting strategy than a dead cert looking bet, this kind of system works for me but if you take on singles the 2.87 available for 3-0 isn't great. federer i believe and have done since start of tournament, he will win it. Life was too easy for him in recent years and believe the lay off he had last year and progression of others whilst he was away has given him new motivation. The self doubt he has likely privatly mullled over is something he hasn't had since winning his first tournament and i believe this will do him good not just this year but over the next 3 years. I think hes got another 3-4 grand slam wins left in him starting here. good luck

Watched dokic last match and wasn't very impressed with her. At this stage of the tournament home crowd support means little. i actually thought the crowd only really started getting behind her mid way through the 3rd set.
Mate I've been to 2 of her matches and this really isn't the case. The buzz there is insane...you can cut it with a knife. The crowd are pulling her through this tourny...I think she can do it again tonight as long as she's not too fatigued :loon

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Hi jeffers, like any crowd they need inspiring too and i feel the first set is vital. i think shes done em proud and this is where it ends for her. like i said above, i wasn't too impressed with her and a quality player shouldn't be pulled thru by crowd-that says it all to me. but this what makes betting so interesting and y we all love it. im more worried about roddick than dokic, good luck

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning One thing I noticed about Dokic last match, she was the favourite and expected to win and her focus/drive seemed off that 5% to me - she had to just keep hanging in to get the win. As with the argument I provided for Safina this also could be a good spot for Dokic to pick it up again. Bartoli! :hope

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Bartoli 3.55 @ Betfair - I really like the look of her this year. She looks leaner, meaner and is playing with real confidence. She managed to really get under the skin of Jankovic, frustrating her early on, and pretty much cruised to victory after that.