Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Federer -6,5 Games tb. Roddick @1,90 Admiral 7/10 One doesn´t have to be a genius to spot this, but Federer simply is the better tennis player. His egde in retourning is big and he has the abillity to nullify Roddicks mean weapon, the serve... So if you reduce Roddick without his serve he is not more than an average TOP 50 Player. I think that one set will finish comfortably for Fed. ( 6-1 or 6-2 ) which should do the handicap a favour... eg. 6-4 6-1 7-6 or something... maybe Roddick wins a set 7-6 but he´ll definately have no shoot out set, which is vital for handicap betting... Good luck:ok MfG B.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

some thoughts about the other semi... verdasco v nadal this is a spaniard clash, for me there are two important factors to take into consideration, first of all, none of these players impressed so far, despite winning all their matches-couldnt be here otherwise- :eyes factor no 1. both are lefties, meaning they have an advantage against players; today tsonga was so confused in some cases, he was terrible shocked by the verdascos forehands, while in his consciousness a backhand was arriving... tsonga was total fake anyway in compare to last season... my argument is...verdasco in no way will have any advantage here... factor no 2. nadal doesnt scare of this opponent, he considers verdasco as a small cake, and he is correct in my opinion, nadal knows very well that his one and only one opponent is federer in final nadal will stand like a giant, and say to verdasco, "hey kid, just calm down' my pick is : NADAL to beat Verdasco @1.18 betfair sorry for people who doesnt like small odds, simply cant see any other outcome here....sorry but to back verdasco is a suicide action:lol good luck boys :dude
none have impressed? - your hard to impress Verdasco for me... in a grinding 5 sets. with verdasco winning 1 set 6-1

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning AndrewMurray May be you're type of player, who can't live a day without betting, but risking money on odds lower than 1.50, proved to be unsuccesful. I'll wait for in-play, of course Rafa should win here, but I don't believe it will be a walkover for him.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning hello radevd i respect your opinion about betting on such low odds.. for the other two guys, yes verdasco didnt impress me, perhaps he impressed you, i have different criteria, and especially against tsonga the less worse of the two average players won some people thinking that verdasco did a great performance, coz he won over murray....hey guys land on earth please, murray is not federer, he didnt won a single grand slam, any one of the top 20 would beat murray under specific circumstances, yes verdasco was good against murray, but not so good to cheer for him like a mug, or to waste money on him to beat Nadal....cmon! :lol be serious here please dont consider verdasco as the upset of the slam, the guy is finished here in semi final 1.18 is fair, cant bet on sets, coz nadal may lose one...:dude

murray is not federer
Yes,and best proof is their H2H(5-2 for Murray).Where was Federer in Murrays ages?Cut the crap man! Verdasco is playing in life form,i am sure he is capable to push Nadal to his limits(on hard) and it wont be sensation(at least for me)if Nando somehow manages to advance. 6.36 for Vedasco has some value and will try it,small stakes though.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Nadal NOT to win 3-0 @ 1.935 Pinnacle. This is just about Verdascos form. He's playing the best stuff he ever has, and mentally seems a lot stronger since his Davis Cup win. He has the game to hurt Nadal on hard courts, despite the poor H2H. Nadal has been good so far, and hasn't dropped a set, but I thought he was pretty average against Simon who had chances to take a set.

hello radevd i respect your opinion about betting on such low odds.. for the other two guys, yes verdasco didnt impress me, perhaps he impressed you, i have different criteria, and especially against tsonga the less worse of the two average players won some people thinking that verdasco did a great performance, coz he won over murray....hey guys land on earth please, murray is not federer, he didnt won a single grand slam, any one of the top 20 would beat murray under specific circumstances, yes verdasco was good against murray, but not so good to cheer for him like a mug, or to waste money on him to beat Nadal....cmon! :lol be serious here please dont consider verdasco as the upset of the slam, the guy is finished here in semi final 1.18 is fair, cant bet on sets, coz nadal may lose one...:dude
You're funny as usual.. You can't bet on sets because Nadal can lose one, haha.. ?? I can bet on sets, 3-1 Nadal :lol because he can lose one lol. Don't you realize how stupid what you write is? Betting is about taking some chances sometimes and if Nadal may lose one you can bet 3-1 Nadal, how smart I am!! But I am going to take my chance with 3-2 Verdasco 12.00 3-2 for fun because I am so funny!

Nadal NOT to win 3-0 @ 1.935 Pinnacle. This is just about Verdascos form. He's playing the best stuff he ever has' date= and mentally seems a lot stronger since his Davis Cup win. He has the game to hurt Nadal on hard courts, despite the poor H2H. Nadal has been good so far, and hasn't dropped a set, but I thought he was pretty average against Simon who had chances to take a set.
This is perhaps the best bet on the game.

Nadal NOT to win 3-0 @ 1.935 Pinnacle. This is just about Verdascos form. He's playing the best stuff he ever has' date= and mentally seems a lot stronger since his Davis Cup win. He has the game to hurt Nadal on hard courts, despite the poor H2H. Nadal has been good so far, and hasn't dropped a set, but I thought he was pretty average against Simon who had chances to take a set.
Well done Mr I, nice pick i took verdasco last night at 5.50 fingers crossed! though looks like nadal stepped it up abit since taking second set.

Well done Mr I, nice pick i took verdasco last night at 5.50 fingers crossed! though looks like nadal stepped it up abit since taking second set.
Yeah don't fancy Verdasco from here, looking a bit tired after that big effort for 2 sets.

Yeah don't fancy Verdasco from here' date=' looking a bit tired after that big effort for 2 sets.[/quote'] Tired ....... who's tired ?! What a match from both players Financially I want Verdasco to win big time, but in some ways I wouldnt mind another Fed v Nadal final.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning That only tells half the story, Verdasco also hit many more winners. He was the more aggressive of the 2, as he knew that was the only way he was going to be able to beat Nadal, so he was obviously going to hit more unforced errors - as well as winners. Little point in selecting just the stats that suit your pov, as you;ll lose out in the long run if you do that

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Australian Open summary for future betting on Tennis Most notable players ranked lower then 20: Dudi Sela, Marcos Baghdatis, Tommy Haas, Yes-Hsun Lu, Amer Delic, Gilles Muller, Tomas Berdych, Evgeny Korolev, Xavier Malisse, Micha Zverev, Ivo Minar. Most dissapointing players ranked among 20: Robin Söderling, James Blake, David Nalbandian, David Ferrer, Novak Djokovic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Andy Murray. Biggest mental nutcases of the grand slam: Robin Söderling, James Blake. Future betting preview Robin Söderling: Bet against or don't bet at all when he's playing. Reason: The guy is a mental nutcase making double faults and unforced errors like a chicken would playing tennis. Broke apart mentally like a true nutcase as usual in a grand slam against Baghdatis in second set after winning first and leading second 4-0. James Blake: No bet! Reason: Not a trustworthy player, had easy draws in the grand slam but even had problems winning his own serves against a french guy ranked 250. Finally met another french player ranked a lot higher (Tsonga). Could not brake Tsongas serve more then once during hole match in third set. Droped important points like usual. Was ahead 2-5 in the third set, had 10 setpoints. Lost his mind in some strange way and screwed up every ball he played failing to win the set. Totally broke apart metally like a true nutcase. Played good against Tsonga but what's up with Blake? The guy through his hole career have had problems mentally especially in grand slams. The guy cry when losing a point and let it affect his hole match. Marcos Baghdatis: Great to bet on. Reason: He's back! Count on Baggy in the future! Tommy Haas: Great to bet on. Reason: He's back! Really good player to count on in the future. His serving works great and he should be something to watch out for. Yen-Hsun Lu: Bet Reason: Lu, a player emerging from chinese Taipe. Played good enough to knock out Nalbandian. The past few years he was training for the olympics so China could have a player taking part in almost every sport of the OS. Have continued to go forward and become better. Amer Delic: No bet. He's probably something to watch out for but feels not so trustworthy even if he took a set of Djoker after knocking out fellow american Dent. Micha Zverev: Ok to bet on. To bad he got to face Del Potro in first round but he did it well and pushed Del Potro in three sets. Gilles Muller: Someone to bet on. Reason: Played one of the best matches in the tournament against Lopez. Impressive to knock out Verdascos best friend Feliciano Lopez in five sets and 16-14 in last set. Dudi Sela: Young guy worth betting on. Reason: Talent! The young Israel is one of the best outside top 100. Tomas Berdych: BET! Reason: Took Fed-ex to five sets winning the first two. Impressive! Ranked 21 will probably climb on the ranking. Someone to count on. Evgeny Korolev: Young guy worth betting on. Reason: Did a good tournament. Will probably play well in the future. Xavier Malisse: Hard to predict, maybe worth a bet. Reason: Took a set of Roddick! Not to bad. Only bad thing is that he's belgian and all belgian players suck and nothing to count on. Have never ever been a good player from belgium. Belgian players like Darcis and Rochus seems like a joke. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga: Not my betting favourite! Reason: He's just to emotional. To low odds probably in the future.

my bet won nadal was very very bad, thats the reason verdasco was looking as good i will analyse later, why federer will trash nadal 3-0 in the final p.s only 25 ue by nadal, the crucial factor for this match against 76 of verdasco:ok
Are you really serious? You are happy about winning on a 1.15 price? You have to be really desperate for money.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning SERENA 2-0 @ 2.10 Pinnacle. Can't see past Serena taking this comfortably. She's got a lot of experience in slam finals and this is just Safinas 2nd. Both have the added motivation of going for world number 1, but I have to feel this will just be an extra pressure for Safina. Serena really stepped up for her semi final and I expect an even better performance in the final. FEDERER @ 1.70 VC. This will surely drop with money coming for Fed. Nadal just had a 5 set epic with Verdasco, lasting 5 hours and going to 1am in the morning. He's got a day of rest, but will that be enough? Anyway, I still fancy Fed if they were both 100%. Since struggling against Berdych Federer has been in sublime form and this is a great chance to get a win over Nadal. Still question marks over Nadal on hard courts and Fed will exploit them.

my bet won nadal was very very bad, thats the reason verdasco was looking as good i will analyse later, why federer will trash nadal 3-0 in the final p.s only 25 ue by nadal, the crucial factor for this match against 76 of verdasco:ok
Please,stop posting here.You know absolutely nothing about tennis and your posts are full of nonsenses,misleading comments,wrong arguments,conclusions,etc.etc. Actually its completely oposite from what you wrote,Nadal wasnt looking so good(of course that he wasnt bad)because of Verdasco and his consistency,great serve,volleys,movement,psychological stability,etc.,etc.It was a great match(best one so far at AO)where couple of points decide the winner. When it comes to final it wont be that easy for Federer,although this marathon match isnt advantage for Nadal,thats for sure.No value in 1.46(bwin) for Fedex,will be much closer than the bookies suggest but on the other hand its to risky to bet on player that spent more than 5 hours in his previous match and plays on least suitable surface for him.Maybe over is an option here,but will see...

Please' date=stop posting here.You know absolutely nothing about tennis and your posts are full of nonsenses,misleading comments,wrong arguments,conclusions,etc.etc. Actually its completely oposite from what you wrote,Nadal wasnt looking so good(of course that he wasnt bad)because of Verdasco and his consistency,great serve,volleys,movement,psychological stability,etc.,etc.It was a great match(best one so far at AO)where couple of points decide the winner. When it comes to final it wont be that easy for Federer,although this marathon match isnt advantage for Nadal,thats for sure.No value in 1.46(bwin) for Fedex,will be much closer than the bookies suggest but on the other hand its to risky to bet on player that spent more than 5 hours in his previous match and plays on least suitable surface for him.Maybe over is an option here,but will see...
To come on here with your 2nd post and post that about someone is completely out of order. Whether you dont agree with what he said or not, for someone with 2 posts to come on and tell someone to stop posting is not what this forum is about. Thats what the Betfair forum is for. I hope you stay around and actually contribute something to this forum, but please put your point across in a more civil manner rather than trying to ridicule the original poster. For what its worth, I agree with what you say and your points, but please put your point across in a more civil manner. :ok

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning i ignore what stefan something said, but what red impact mentioned is well understood, coz is talking about 1.15....yes dear impact bet won, no matter the 3-2 final result, because i didnt bet on sets, bayern munich may win 4-3 home at odd 1.15 ...but win is win as for the other guy, i invite him to teach me ...come and teach me you tennis professor stefan how much money you lost so far LOL:lol:lol:lol i am not willing to argue with young amateur boys, i am too old for them i just say that tsonga last year in semi final against same opponent, was much much better, 5 times better than todays verdasco i should say, how could somebody have any real ambition after doing 76 -seventy six- unforced errors, is something unthinkaple for me nadal was bad, yes, how? because he did nothing but returning the ball to the 26 years old verdasco, be serious here, HE IS 26, he is not just coming from nowhere nadal decided to kill him steadily, and step by step, who was expecting verdasco to win in fifth set? i tell you : NONE, perhaps stefan only :lol nadal's victory was 100% deserved, even playing poor tennis, using clay tactics, enough for this mental giant to kill 95% of atp and really i was asking my self : where is nadal's power? where are nadals powerfull firehands and backhands? the answer is clear: he forgot them on clay kindgom nadal doesnt stand a chance against aristocrat federer, coz federer plays with "smart power", no chance for nadal, truly no chance good night boys:dude

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning if you play in a grand slam semi final, its obvious that you may hit the winners of your life, verdasco played a life game at the age of 26, what did you expect from him? nadal did a tremendous mistake today: he allowd verdasco to attack him all time, nadal didnt attack at all....i dont know why, coz i am not inside his mind, of course nadal knows better than us how to beat the 26 years old fellow spaniard... but definitely, nadal doesnt stand a chance playing like this against federer

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning i speak to regulars now what scares me, is not that somebody unknown idiot with nickname stefan said, i never deal with idiots, and my 1.02 bet is that he doesnt has money even to buy cigarettes... what scares me, is that stewrd14 supported him.. steward14 who are you? one way or another you supported that idiot by saying " hey , i agree with you, but please next time, be more polited" who are you, and how old are you steward? because i never heard anything about you, what is your tennis contribution here, dear stewaed fan of stefan? do you want to read stefan posts more than mine? please tell me...i am curious to know:dude

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning sorry steward14 in my opinion you dont know the difference between forehand and backhand you shouldnt be here, and none of the regulars taking you seriously i think you are equal to stefan in terms of tennis knowledge, just not to say that you support that idiot in purpose-perhaps you are the same person- it is very easy my friend for any idiot to open various accounts, and then attack people, didnt you know this? ooowwooo what a miss :lol hehehe, what any ypothesis is, i dont care i just contribute here without any profit:rollin