** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning thanks god, djokovic retired, my money back in my pocket:nana jesus christ, to be honest i credit roddick with nothing, i blame aussies for this big mess in games timing, as i did in wimbledon in 2007 when again organisers forced djokovic to play the semi final less than 24 hours after that marathon 5 hours battle with baghdatis djoko was playing till three in the morning local time, and then asked him to play afternoon under 30-35 degrees, human body can not afford such a dramatic change under such pressure of a grand slam, djokovic was obviously collapsed, he retired to save us bettors i guess LOLOLOL HEHEHE, lucky star i have, money is back, bet is void:ok

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

thanks god, djokovic retired, my money back in my pocket:nana jesus christ, to be honest i credit roddick with nothing, i blame aussies for this big mess in games timing, as i did in wimbledon in 2007 when again organisers forced djokovic to play the semi final less than 24 hours after that marathon 5 hours battle with baghdatis djoko was playing till three in the morning local time, and then asked him to play afternoon under 30-35 degrees, human body can not afford such a dramatic change under such pressure of a grand slam, djokovic was obviously collapsed, he retired to save us bettors i guess LOLOLOL HEHEHE, lucky star i have, money is back, bet is void:ok
You said Roddick had NO CHANCE:unsure:unsure:unsure

I see Verdasco played a 3 set doubles match today in this extreme heat' date=' the day after winning a 5 setter. What kind of preparation is that?[/quote'] Less than 90 minutes and doubles is a lot easier physically than singles. If he chose to play (and got a set off a good team) then he must be feeling OK.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Hi guys, 1 bet for AUSTRALIAN OPEN: ZVONAREVA TO D SAFINA @ 1.8 on paddypower Zvonareva has been in very good form in the last 4-5 months, extending the 2008 form to 2009. She has almost the same power as Safina and much more consistency. Zvonareva has won all 3 matches the pair played in 2008 in straight sets.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning NADAL 3-0 @ 1.735 Pinnacle. I've been really impressed with Nadal so far in this tournament. He looks really focussed and doesn't look intend on giving anything away. Not too sure about Simon, he got a retirement against Monfils and a decent win over Ancic, but I think he'll struggle to stay with Nadal. Simon beat Nadal in a great match in Madrid last year, but I don't think that match has much bearing, it just should keep Nadal focussed knowing he can't give Simon a sniff.

NADAL 3-0 @ 1.735 Pinnacle. I've been really impressed with Nadal so far in this tournament. He looks really focussed and doesn't look intend on giving anything away. Not too sure about Simon' date= he got a retirement against Monfils and a decent win over Ancic, but I think he'll struggle to stay with Nadal. Simon beat Nadal in a great match in Madrid last year, but I don't think that match has much bearing, it just should keep Nadal focussed knowing he can't give Simon a sniff.
I'm totally against you here mate Simon +7 2.25, Simon will give Nadal a battle, pressure is on Rafa, I expect Simon to force lot of errors from Nadal. As you see both Federer and Nadal, don't like playing against guys like Simon or Murray, who have steal nerves in long rallies. It's a battle of defensive and attacking tennis. I think defense will prevail tomorrow, if not, at least Simon won't lose with a huge difference.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Nadal v. Simon_Simon @ 8 Nadal has been playing some amazing tennis but so has the french man.Every aspect of Simon's game has improved,masterclass of variety and preccision hitting,he was hitting some nice finishing forehands and especialy backhands,his returns are upper class. Nadal will go for the revenge for Madrid last year,Simon will go for the revenge for the last year's AO.:tongue2 Simon is a fighter and fighters always has better chance..this is his chance to show that he should never be underrated like this again..:hope for an upset

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning My bets for tonight kuznetsova verdasco double = 7.13 following my 6-8/1 strategy and this double fits in nicely. i think kuznetsova will do williams at longer odds than verdasco. as far as verdasco is concerned, i think it comes down to which tsonga turns up. Ive seen him a few times this tournament and i havent been impressed, i just worry hes now scraped thru (ljubicic) and warmed up now. He needs to do more on the court and i would have priced this at 50/50. vague explaination but im no tennis expert. all the best fig

I'm totally against you here mate Simon +7 2.25' date= Simon will give Nadal a battle, pressure is on Rafa, I expect Simon to force lot of errors from Nadal. As you see both Federer and Nadal, don't like playing against guys like Simon or Murray, who have steal nerves in long rallies. It's a battle of defensive and attacking tennis. I think defense will prevail tomorrow, if not, at least Simon won't lose with a huge difference.
I took the +8,5 Games Handicap @2,00 Admiral 7/10 even covers 6-3 6-4 6-3 ish Scoreline, i give Simon far more then 50% not to suffer a complete shootout...:hope MfG Ara

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning melbourne semis Federer v Roddick i cant beleive what happened today; roddick dominated against weak djokovic, while fed cruised against mentally and bodily weak del potro slight difference though; djoko is not a weak player, only a stupid and completely out of any tennis knowledge should claim such nonsense; djoko is a champion, unfortunately for him, he is not coming from a big family or ar least big country, so organisers didnt treat him well, organisrers didnt want to see him to repeat a miracle, seems they dont like the son of a tavern family to achive something big for second time in a row-thats my theory, perhaps a fool theory- WARNING! however, i never credit roddick with anything, apart fronm the fact that he is a volunteer and money giver to some anthropistic teams, he is a philo-anthropic guy, due to his family wealthy, but poor in terms of tennis, my tip : Federer to beat Roddick 3-0 pick is based on what federer showed so far here in this tourmament the swiss is a monster, better than ever, perhaps the best fed ever here, i beleive that fed is extraordinary good for roddick, this federer should not have problems to beat roddick with style, 3-0 easy and comfortable victory federer @1.60 in my local bookie to trash roddick 3-0 and i leave people to write stories about roddicks victory against djoko, and his abilities to scare fed i dont beleive in such kind of stories, coz i am TOO OLD , to beleive in fairy tales good night, good luck :dude

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Fernando Verdasco tb. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6/10 @2,64 Pinnacle To be honest i´m surprised to see Verdasco beeing such a dog here. Tsonga played ok in his first 3 matches and showed good form against blake, but Verdasco also impressed, almost killed Clement and Stepanek and we all know how foolish you can look against Andy Murray. Both have plenty of fire power, maybe Tsonga has more ability in hitting through his opponents, while verdasco maybe has some better mix in his shots, especially his forehand is a lethal weapon. I would quote that as 1,85 1,90 for Verdasco or at least in that range, above 2,50 is an insult to a red hot player at the moment.. I expect Verdsco to come through in 4 sets, so I´ll maybe bet on 3-1 with cover money back 3-0 Verdasco also... Good luck to all...:ok MfG Ara

Dont know why really, but i just fancy a tie break in each of the mens quarter final matches.. Nadal vs Simon - Tie Break - Yes @ 2.62 Verdasco vs Tsonga - Tie Break - Yes @ 1.80
:) going good . i was going to put a tie break on nadal and simon aswell.. only took it on verdasco and tsonga :) to easy first set :) good picking !

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning DEMENTIEVA @ 2.10 Paddy Power. Taking this now as I'd be very surprised if Elena starts as the dog. H2H is 4-3 to Serena but Elena has won the last 3 meetings, including easily in Sydney this year after Serena had a tough match against Wozniacki. Again Serena will be coming in after a tough match, this time against Kuznetsova in blistering heat. Serena was really struggling in the match but was really helped by the roof being closed. Still Kuzzy served for the match but somehow Serena managed to come through. She was also really struggling against Azarenka in the previous round but the opponent retired with food poisoning (and probably heat related) problems. Can she get lucky 3 times? Elena I thought was struggling a bit early in the tournament, but has turned it around with a couple of quick wins over Cibulkova and Suarez Navarro which will surely benefit her coming into this one. She's the form player this year and should be fav.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning :welcome i was wondering what the head to headcount was against elena and serena this should be a epic battle im on elena outright at8/1 and although elena has won the last 3 this is a grandslam which should favour serena its very important that elena does not let serena dictate the play shame about my other main bet djokovic but the conditions probably beat him as roddick is so one dimensional:hope come on elena anyone no when it is scheduled obviously thursday morning uk time but when:loon

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Dementieva v Williams - Dementieva 2-1 @ 4.55 Centrebet Dementieva has won the past 3 meetings against Serena, including the recent Beijing Olympics. Her gold medal there seems to have been a bit of a watershed event for her career and I think she'll continue on with her success. As others have touched on Serena has looked a bit poor, particularly against Azarenka. However Serena isn't the player she is for nothing and if the roof is closed (which I suspect it will be) then she'll still give Elena a real challenge. I think it's a close one with Elena winning, and the best way to maximize value from this POV is to take Elena in 3.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning some thoughts about the other semi... verdasco v nadal this is a spaniard clash, for me there are two important factors to take into consideration, first of all, none of these players impressed so far, despite winning all their matches-couldnt be here otherwise- :eyes factor no 1. both are lefties, meaning they have an advantage against players; today tsonga was so confused in some cases, he was terrible shocked by the verdascos forehands, while in his consciousness a backhand was arriving... tsonga was total fake anyway in compare to last season... my argument is...verdasco in no way will have any advantage here... factor no 2. nadal doesnt scare of this opponent, he considers verdasco as a small cake, and he is correct in my opinion, nadal knows very well that his one and only one opponent is federer in final nadal will stand like a giant, and say to verdasco, "hey kid, just calm down' my pick is : NADAL to beat Verdasco @1.18 betfair sorry for people who doesnt like small odds, simply cant see any other outcome here....sorry but to back verdasco is a suicide action:lol good luck boys :dude

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Hi, i have been browsing with the forum with interest for the whole slam and I'm glad to see so much traffic here. If people are interested, I will set aside an hour later to collate everyone's results over the course of the slam to see how we have all been doing. It is great to see so many selections and discussion on here but i think it is also important to be realistic how the selections are performing. It should also give us a chance to follow some of the sharks next time round :D. If people think it would be useful, let me know :ok !

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning do it winty, great of you but have in mind that my only method is this one : i have money today, i bet today, i want to earn money TODAY, tomorow is anoither day, perhaps i will bet, but providing i have money, if not , i will not bet ans is ok.. there isnt any "long term" plan or method for me, there is just today, all "value" stories and strategies are meaningless for a bettor like me.. go ahead:nana

some thoughts about the other semi... verdasco v nadal this is a spaniard clash, for me there are two important factors to take into consideration, first of all, none of these players impressed so far, despite winning all their matches-couldnt be here otherwise- :eyes factor no 1. both are lefties, meaning they have an advantage against players; today tsonga was so confused in some cases, he was terrible shocked by the verdascos forehands, while in his consciousness a backhand was arriving... tsonga was total fake anyway in compare to last season... my argument is...verdasco in no way will have any advantage here... factor no 2. nadal doesnt scare of this opponent, he considers verdasco as a small cake, and he is correct in my opinion, nadal knows very well that his one and only one opponent is federer in final nadal will stand like a giant, and say to verdasco, "hey kid, just calm down' my pick is : NADAL to beat Verdasco @1.18 betfair sorry for people who doesnt like small odds, simply cant see any other outcome here....sorry but to back verdasco is a suicide action:lol good luck boys :dude
Eh? Neither have impressed so far?? I disagree, I think both players have been excellent to be honest, and if I was to bet on the game then I would go Nadal in 4 sets.

Hi' date=' i have been browsing with the forum with interest for the whole slam and I'm glad to see so much traffic here. If people are interested, I will set aside an hour later to collate everyone's results over the course of the slam to see how we have all been doing. It is great to see so many selections and discussion on here but i think it is also important to be realistic how the selections are performing. It should also give us a chance to follow some of the sharks next time round :D. If people think it would be useful, let me know :ok ![/quote'] Do it:ok (because I've just checked my numbers:lol:lol)

DEMENTIEVA @ 2.10 Paddy Power. Still Kuzzy served for the match but somehow Serena managed to come through.
kuznetsova's inability to take a win - genuine UE's when trying to close out, not to mention the general scrappy quality of the match (even with heat taken into consideration). Dementieva still excellent value at 1.80 and 3.10 for 2-0 IMO.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning I'll give you a hand winty (as I did say at the start of the year I was going to keep a record:lol:lol:lol) 2009 YTD: W/L: 34/44 Staked: 78 Profit: +1.1959 Yield: 1.53% That's crap basically, mostly down to getting involved in exhibitions and I do think I've been quite unlucky so far this season. As you said you were going to do Aussie Open: Aussie Open: W/L: 20/22 Staked: 42 Profit: +8.8086 Yield: 20.97% Better:tongue2