Spooner's all round racing

Re: Spooner's Thread Goodwood 15:25 - Vitznau (Each-Way) @ 14/1 Stan James (bog) Last two runs of this horse does not inspire confidence but im hoping for an improved run this afternoon, Richard Hannon's runner steps back up in trip to 1 mile, he has tried this trip twice, was last seen over this mile in the same race last year when 6th of 18 beaten around 3 and half lengths, I think that was a very good run as he was drawn in stall 9 and the stats say it is better to be drawn higher, he has a higher draw today and like I said has not been in the best of form but has shown some ok form, 5th of 8 in a group 3 at Epsom, and his 4th at Doncaster FTO this season was a good run so the horse can mix it, Hannon's horses have been flying this season and although this isnt one of there fancied horses this afternoon according to the market I think he'll run well.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Spooner's Thread Poor run there. Bets - 73 Total Staked - 730pts Win - 23 Loss - 50 Strike Rate - 31.50% Yield - +11.67 Profit Loss - +85.25pts Goodwood 13:55 - Dubai Crest (Each-Way) @ 20/1 Stan James (bog) Such an open race here to start day and I like Amanda Perrett's Dubai Crest to kick off proceedings, steps down in class and in trip here after a credible run at Ascot LTO, he was 10th of 17 beaten around seven lengths but I think that was an ok run, the form is not great looking through his short career but he won an okish handicap at Beverley earlier this season, although the ones coming out of that has not produced much, I just feel this one may be half decent and I would not want to be taking one of the market leaders here. Goodwood 14:30 - Pure Poetry (Each-Way) @ 10/1 Stan James (bog) Pure Poetry has ran in some good races this season, seventh in the 2000 Guineas beaten around six lengths by Sea The Stars. He was thrown into the St James' Palace Stakes LTO ( another group 1) where he finished 6th of 10, he ran another cracking race to be fair.. Now back into listed company where he ran two runs ago over C&D, was 2nd beaten a neck by Premio Loco, course form can be important around here and this one has that in the bag, I think he'll go well for Hannon/Hughes combo here. Goodwood 15:05 - Midday (win) @ 4/1 Sportingbet Perhaps this one was a little bit disappointing over in Ireland LTO in the there version of the oaks when the ground was not in her favour but if we take into account her form in the English version she is the one to beat here, she was beaten a head by Sariska and if she can reproduce a run like that she'll go close, hacked up in a listed event at Lingfield in May before those two runs, I think Henry Cecil's filly will bounce back.

Re: Spooner's Thread Thirsk 14:55 - Celtic Step (Each-Way) @ 8/1 Coral This horse was very disappointing at York last Saturday under Frankie Dettori, however he twice ran well over the mile at Thirsk and has recieved some support in the market on last two races, I think he could enjoy the ground this afternoon also, Frederik Tylicki is booked to ride and he has been a useful jockey for many trainers this year, trainer does not have a great rate of winners but this one should run much better than LTO this afternoon.

Re: Spooner's Thread

Goodwood 15:05 - Midday (win) @ 4/1 Sportingbet Perhaps this one was a little bit disappointing over in Ireland LTO in the there version of the oaks when the ground was not in her favour but if we take into account her form in the English version she is the one to beat here, she was beaten a head by Sariska and if she can reproduce a run like that she'll go close, hacked up in a listed event at Lingfield in May before those two runs, I think Henry Cecil's filly will bounce back.
good shout :clap

Re: Spooner's Thread Cheers, would not of placed the bet if I knew the rain was coming down like that so slightly lucky, Pure Poetry ran well for 3rd from what I saw. :lol Bets - 77 Total Staked - 770pts Win - 25 Loss - 52 Strike Rate - 32.46% Yield - +14.64 Profit Loss - +112.75pts

Re: Spooner's Thread Lingfield 20:25 - Hurstpierpoint (Each-Way) @ 10/1 Stan James (bog) This one has been tried over hurdles recently with no success however she showed some form on the all-weather at Wolverhampton in the winter of '07, still no win to her name in 24 runs which is a worry but this race is very very poor and will not take much winning, has run well previously off this mark and has shown ability when tried over this 1m 2f trip. Richard Hughes stays stays behind to ride, I could not be really confident but she should give a good account in the last.

Re: Spooner's Thread Chester 16:05 - Stevie Thunder (Each-Way) @ 7/1 Bet365 (bog) I have this race down to three runners, Dandy Nicholls Fathsta has important course form around Chester and has been threatening to win for a while but again may find it tough after being raised without winning, Mark Johnston's Opus Maximus, the stable is in good form but recent form is questionable, he goes well on the expected ground but would need a career best to win here, the one I like each-way is Stevie Thunder coming out of stall three, again like others in the race he'd need a career best to win here but he will enjoy the ground this afternoon and has been in decent nick, he gets both 7&8 furlongs so the trip will not be a problem, he tried a tongue strap LTO and it says he was badly hampered on the rail so that could of caused a few lengths for him but he would not of got to the winner, been running consistently enough and looks set for a big run here.

Re: Spooner's Thread Weird race that 4.05, very few got into it. I thought it would have suited Stevie as well as Opus Maximus, but none of them could catch the leaders. Opux Maximus got checked as they came out of the gates and lost his position early so can be forgiven IMO, as it pays to race up there at Chester. Stevie was reluctant to load, threw the blindfold off and clattered the front of the stall when they finally got him in there. However, he was creeping into the picture at the top of the screen as they turned for home, but by then the winner had flown.

Re: Spooner's Thread Windsor 20:30 - Sweet Gale (Each-Way) @ 14/1 William Hill (bog) Drops back in trip to 6 furlongs tonight where she is a distance winner, has been in good form in the summer wins where she nothced up two wins on the aw, disappointed LTO when sent off favourite but the jockey bookign of Louis-philippe Beuzelin looks a sound one, he took the ride on her a couple of starts ago when she went close at Kempton and she could threaten now back in this company.

Re: Spooner's Thread Poor racing again today. Chepstow 16:10 - Manere Bay (win) @ 7/2 Bet365 (bog) She's yet to win in six starts but has shown signs of winning off this mark, I think the ground could be more in her favour today having previously ran alright on softer ground, she's finished 3rd on her last two starts, ran here two runs ago over a furlong shorter, says she was slowly into stride but kept on, her race LTO at Newmarket was ok but she could not get to the two infront, I think this race looks easier though and Ed Dunlop's filly can get off the mark.

Re: Spooner's Thread Chepstow 15:10 - Ejaab (win) @ 2/1 Bet365 (bog) I saw this one win his maiden at Catterick LTO and he done it well enough, there's not much form to go on coming out of that race but the seond horse Makbullet went onto win NTO at Ripon yesterday, Ejaab ran in a fairly hot maiden FTO with a certain Radiohead going onto better things, racing over a few yards further this afternoon, goes into handicap company and I think his the classy horse in the race.

Re: Spooner's Thread Chepstow was called off so stakes returned. Kempton 19:05 - Astonishment @ 11/10 Paddy Power Odds against looks a fair price for this runner, he is the most exposed horse of the race but has the best form by far, has twice gone close over this 7f trip to breaking his maiden tag, the rest don't look upto much and although the Richard Hannon's Sea Dubai could improve I am not sure that'll be enough, running the risk that a couple of the newcomers are not good enough but I think you can ony look to this one. Ryan Moore booked to ride also.

Re: Spooner's Thread Brighton 16:00 - Valdan (Each-Way) @ 14/1 Stan James (bog) If you ignore this one's last run as he was upped in class and trip which obviously did not suit as he was beaten 45 lengths, however back into his kind of company and running back over 12 furlongs he should show better form, ran a solid race at Chester two starts ago off this mark and this time has an apprentice on board. Twice a distance winner and he should go well.

Re: Spooner's Thread Last. :\ I Think Tottie (7:55 Sand) will run well tonight but to short for me at 5/2, I was disappointed when I backed her at York two runs ago when 4th, she then went to Goodwood 4 days later and went mighty close in a bunched finish, she'll go close again but not for me at the current price.

Re: Spooner's Thread Newmarket 20:20 - Belle des Airs @ 2/1 William Hill (bog) George Baker comes to Newmarket for just the one ride on Belle des Airs, the selection has finished 2nd on her last two runs, she steps back down to 6f where her only win has came over, should enjoy a bit of softness in the ground, has been raised to a mark of 82 without winning but I think this is a winnable race for her.

Re: Spooner's Thread Newmarket 14:25 - Recession Proof (win) @ 9/4 Bet365 (bog) Hacked up in last two starts albeit against lesser horses than these but although upped in class here he still looks very well handicapped, both those wins have came over this 10f trip and he appears to go well on both soft and good ground, I think he can get his thrid win of the week. Haydock 14:40 - Staying On (Each-Way) @ 9/1 Stan James (bog) Looks quite a tight race here and whilst the Duncan & Campanologist perhaps have better form than this one I think Walter Swinburn's gelding is the one to beat, twice a runner up in group 3 company this year and he ran a cracker two runs ago when 6th, he was only beaten around two lengths by the likes of Cima De Triomphe, Conduit, Stotsfold & Pipedreamer. Was beaten a head by Doctor Freemantle early in May to deny a group 3 victory but I think that can come this afternoon.

Re: Spooner's Thread Redcar 14:10 - Kookie (Each-Way) @ 50/1 Sportingbet Just an outsider for me today in the first at Redcar, 3rd maiden for this filly and has not really done much in her two starts, was well beaten FTO, swloly away and never in touch, stepped up a furlong to 6f LTO at this track and she raced a bit better, again was slowly away but says she stayed on towards finish, on the basis that the step up again may bring some improvement and she gets out the stalls a bit better then she may cause an upset. Stable in a bit of form with 3 winners from there last 8 runners.

Re: Spooner's Thread Southwell 14:45 - Duster (win) @ 4/5 Bet365 (bog) Do not want to make this a habit of backing short ones in maiden races but Duster realy does not look like having much to beat here, 2nd on debut at Lingfield on the all-weather surface looks fair enough form, obviously he should also improve for that run. Likely dangers comes from Mr Smithson and Coolella but the first named has had plenty of chances to break his maiden tag and looks exposed, his 3rd LTO at Southwell was not a great run and the form of that race looks poor, Collella showed some improvement LTO when 3rd at Carlisle but I'll stick with the one who is proven on the firbresand and this looks a great chance to get off the mark.

Re: Spooner's Thread Hopefully get back on track with Dandy Man, been tough in the last few days or so. Nottingham 19:55 - Dandy Man (win) @ 9/4 Paddy Power (bog) I wrote this LTO: 18 runners line up for this group 3 over 5 furlongs and Dandy Man lined up as favourite for this last year when 3rd which was still a decent run but since that has possibly ran below expectations however he was last seen in the King's Stand Stakes at Ascot (group 1) when 7th of 15, he was beaten a total of six lengths, it says he was short of room and hampered over 1f out so perhaps would of been a bit closer, but anyway beaten six lengths is still not a bad run. He was 1.75 lengths behind Borderlescott who lines up for this as 7/2 favourite and taken into account that he was hampered they would of been much closer. What we do know is that on his day Dandy Man can race with the best of them (a group 3 winner in Palace House Stakes at Ascot in '06). The 5f trip is a trip he enjoys, a four times distance winner. I think its also worth nothing that Godolphin horses are back in form after a torrid time, they purchased him last year and I cannot remember them having a very good spell last year but this month has been a good one for them, in the month of July they have sent out 52 horses in the UK, 16 of them winning and 16 of them placing which is clearly a good record. So with Godolphin back in form and Dandy Man showing a little bit of promise in a group 1 race LTO I think he could bounce back here and will play each-way. He ran quite a sound race in 5th, he does not face such a tough race tonight and there maybe a concern if the ground was really soft as he does not have much form on it, other than that this looks a great chance to get back to winning ways.

Re: Spooner's Thread Beverley 16:20 - Van Bossed (Each-Way) @ 14/1 Stan James (bog) Looks to be on a nice mark and looks only a matter of times before he puts in a solid efford, this is alot easier than the kind of races he has been running in, was 12th off 22 at Goodwood LTO and I don't think that was a terrible run, steps down to 5f and has won over that distance before, I probably prefer to see him run over 6f again but he should still go well here for Dandy Nicholls. Sandown 19:10 - Maswerte (Each-Way) @ 7/1 Stan James (bog) Luca Cumani's horse was sent off favourite LTO in a 4 runner event at Newmarket, he was last of the four after being stepped upto 8f which looked like suiting having stayed on well previously over the 7f at this track, he may of just been unsuited by the race. Back down to 7 furlongs where he posted a good run over C&D against similar opposition as tonight, he should run a better race.