** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spooner's all round racing

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Punchestown 12:55 - Chasing Cars @ 11/4 VC Bet (bog) Fell LTO which was a disappointment as I think this could be a nice chasing type, he ran well at Navan on chasing debut and if showing that level of form could be a major player in this. Punchestown 13:25 - The Dew At Night @ 11/8 VC Bet (bog) Faces a penalty for an easy success LTO but could still be good enough to follow up, over the same C&D as last win and should enjoy the ground.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Lingfield 16:10 - Golden Dixie (Each-Way) @ 18/1 Sportingbet Well beaten LTO at Southwell but went fairly close run before at Kempton, present mark is more than winnable and has a fair number of distance wins over 6 furlongs, price is too big I feel.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Kempton 18:00 - Brouhaha (Each-Way) @ 18/1 SJ (bog) Been tough for this one, gone up in the handicap without winning, he is a very consistent sort and a previous course winner at this track, I like the Dascombe/Kingscote partnership and they've started to get back into the winners enclosure more often.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread

Kempton 18:30 - Moonbeam Dancer (win) @ 7/2 SJ (bog) Been in good form over the two miles at this track with a second and win, second LTO which looks a good run and still running off what looks a winnable mark, Russian Music is a on a four-timer but his up in class here and has a penalty, has been winning well but run could be ended in this. Kempton 19:00 - La Toya J (Each-Way) @ 25/1 SJ (bog) I could be way off with this one and the horse could be poorly handicapped I don't really know but the horse has had a feel for Kempton with two runs at this track already, Dane O'Neil who saddles today, has rode the horse once. Any of these could be well handicapped and I think the 25/1 looks a bit of an insult, given the horse has alright maiden form, 3 lengths behind 'Prince Of Sorrento' who won on debut off a mark of 71. This is more of a stab in the dark but I won't lose sleep if the horse gets well beat, worth a touch at the odds. Kempton 19:30 - Cavalry Guard (Each-Way) 16/1 Sportingbet I don't think the step up to a mile LTO did the horse much favours and was beaten soundly enough, went close a couple of runs before that over C&D under Amy Baker, one career win in 38 doesn't inspire you but has shown lately that he may be winning soon. Kempton 20:00 - Metropolitan Chief (Each-Way) @ 20/1 SJ (Bog) A bit of deja vu here as this one also has only one win in 38 starts, if the horse can leave the stalls normally then he'll have a good chance, he plays about it and as a result loses lengths, he was 3rd here two starts ago under Luke Morris against similar opposition, was back down to 6f LTO but back over the 7f here, chances.
user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Seven losers so far with one to run, one of those silly days that I was meant to cut out, I lasted 19 days without one. :\ Still this thread is to show errors, I must not chase losses, I must not chase losses, repeat. :wall I think this was partly to do with my awful night of football punting, I picked so many losers and then I get into a poor mentality and I think my judgement is clouded, I picked a few outsiders today so in truth it weren't as bad as it looks but still not good enough. To many bets. I'll update stats because so I can start fresh in morning. Bets - 37 Total Staked - 370pts Wins - 12 Loss - 25 Strike Rate - 32.43% Profit/Loss - +17.55 Yield - +4.74%

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Southwell 15:20 - Ambrogina (win) @ 2/1 Paddy Power (bog) Been in good form in maidens, winning LTO over six furlongs, steps up to 7f which could be ideal, not many dangers, Johnston's has been held on all three starts and tries the same trip. Good chance to score again.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Southwell 13:20 - Dickie Le Davoir (Each-Way) @ 9/1 Coral (bog) Problem with this one is he doesn't make a good break from stalls and over the quick five furlongs that pretty much kills the horses chances, of course there is no reason wy he won't do that again today but he is looking well handicapped and this is a poor race, once the horse gets going he does ok, just needs to break well.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Wolverhampton 18:20 - Sternlight (win) @ 6/5 Paddy Power (bog) I'm looking for a horse to beat this one but I can't find any and at 6/5 it looks a decent price conserding it has hardly nothing to beat, you have Jamie Osbourne's Boy The Bell down as main danger, but the stable are having a mare and you can't back this one with any real confidence, Sternlight has some ok maiden formthrough the summer months, the step back a furlong should be ideal, maybe of needed that race LTO and should be much sharper for it, great chance to open account. Wolverhampton 18:50 - Keenes Royale (win) @ 1.91 SJ (bog) Faces a 6lb penalty for that win LTO over the ten furlongs at Kempton, he won really well so I don't think the penalty will stop him from taking another success here, upped to 1m 4f which shouldn't be to much trouble, weak race on paper.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Disappointed they let Fanning have an easy lead on the Johnston's horse...solid from the front. Was the same story with Dickie Le Davoir, slowly away again and couldn't make up the ground. Wolverhampton 17:50 - Full Toss (win) @ 4/1 Sportingbet Trainer David Evans is in cracking form of late and Full Toss has gone close on a couple of occasions recently, he never got the chance two runs ago at Lingfield, dropped back down in trip LTO when running on towards finish, so the step back up should suit, has wn over a furlong shorter at Southwell. Down to a class 3 and promising jock in the saddle.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Lingfield 12:30 - Teen Ager (Each-Way) @ 16/1 Betfred Off the track since June so taking a chance he is fully fit but was in good nick during the summer months, all three wins have came at this track including one over C&D, Jimmy Quinn has previously saddled this horse to victory and is booked today. Lingfield 13:30 - Total Impact (win) @ SP Done it nicely enough LTO when winning at Southwell over 6f to bring up a double, previous form at this track has been a bit patchy but if running to the same level as recently looks the one to beat. Lingfield 14:00 - Fandango Boy (Each-Way) 16/1 Betfred Previous winner in Ireland (Dundalk all-weather), ran at Wolverhampton LTO over nine furlongs where he ran ok but weakened, step back to 7f looks ideal, over to Ian Williams' stable now who's yard are bang in form. Lingfield 15:10 - Vinces (Each-Way) @ SP Been running well over the C&D under Hayley Turner beaten around a length on previous two starts, only 2lb higher than last winning mark, gets the passage through in running then today maybe his day again.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Catterick 13:20 - King Fontaine (win) @ SP Makes chasing debut here, main danger Fortysecond Street wasn't that impressive on chasing debut so going to give this one a chance, decent hurdle form winning on last two starts, could make a nice chaser and will take to win on debut over the bigger fences. Catterick 15:30 - Karmadice (Each-Way) @ 8/1 365 (bog) Sue Smith's horse ran ok behind Knockavilla LTO, won a handicap hurdle off current mark, drops back to two miles which could suit the horse, I think can improve today for those couple of runs.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Teen Ager is a NR in the first at Lingfield. Wolverhampton 16:30 - Tag Team (win) @ 7/2 Coral (bog) Been going close recently and probably the best form recently on show here, a couple of C&D wins in the bag, has gone well in this kind of company before and the booking of Jamie Spencer looks positive, stable also been in good form with recent runners, obvious choice in this. Wolverhampton 17:00 - Turf Time (win) @ 5/2 SJ (bog) Six pound penalty for win LTO at this track but has the useful 5lb claim with Lane on top, steps down a furlong, was slowly away LTO so assuming he breaks well here over 5f the small penalty may not be enough. Wolverhampton 19:05 - Josiah Bartlett (Each-Way) @ 15/2 Boylesports (bog) Been tried over various trips for Ian Williams' yard who are in good form at present, they seem to have settled the horse at seven furlongs, he ran a 3rd at Lingfield LTO which was decent enough staying on in the final furlong, I think this one is one to be following for the next couple of runs.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread One to run...Josiah Bartlett 19:05 Hit the crossbar a few times today! On another day this could of been 4-5 winners so some positives to take out of it and not to much damage thanks to Hayley. Results Lingfield Total Impact 2/6 11/10F SP chased leader, challenged over 1f out, ridden to narrow lead inside final furlong, ran on until caught near finish Fandango Boy 8/10 25/1 (took 16/1 EP) chased leaders until weakened over 1f out Vinces 1/13 7/1SP held up towards rear, headway over 1f out, going well went not clearest of runs and weaved through inside final furlong, ran on to lead last stride Catterick King Fontaine PU 5/2 tracked leaders until pulled up after 7th Karmadice 3/1F Fell (took 8/1 EP) tracked leaders, close up 3rd when fell 7th These two were travelling fine and on another day could of both won. Wolverhampton Tag Team 9/4F 2/10 (took 7/2 EP) tracked leader, came centre in straight, led over 1f out, edged right inside final furlong, headed post Turf Time 13/8F 3/9 (took 5/2 EP) Bets - 50 Total Staked - 50pts Wins - 16 Loss - 34 Strike Rate - 32.00% Profit/Loss - -0.25 Yield - -0.05

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Cheers mate. :ok Ascot 14:05 - Silver Kate (Each-Way) @ 18/1 SJ (bog) A big step up in class for this one but she comes in to the race in good heart following a couple of wins this term, I think the trip of three miles won't be a problem for her and the race should be in conditions she enjoys, as I say a, a step up in class but not without a chance, 3 places up for grabs. 14:40 - Twist Magic @ 11/8 VC Bet (bog) Hard not be impressed with the way this one went about things LTO when making all at Sandown and never looking back, has previous disappointed in races away from Sandown but I think could be the real thing this season. 15:10 - Pause And Clause (Each-Way) @ 14/1 Ladbrokes (bog) Disappointed on chasing debut LTO so back over hurdles here, it could of been that the ground also did not suit but he didn't jump the best also. Has some useful hurdle, 4th in a race at Haydock a couple of months back behind the likes of Diamond Harry and that form looks promising. Back down to what looks a more suitable distance may bring an improved run.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Haydock 14:20 - Bensalem (win) @ 7/2 365 (bog) Diamond Harry makes chasing bow after showing a high level of form over hurdles, I'm willing to take him on though with Alan King's horse, who has already made a couple of chase starts and looked a decent type. He was unbeaten over hurdles apart from a 2nd to Diamond Harry, he wasn't that good on debut although winning the race making a few mistakes, much better LTO when 2 lengths behind Take The Breeze who looks a real nice type hacking up NTO at Newbury. A competitive little race this and I'll side with King's at the prices. 14:55 - Cape Tribulation (win) @ 7/1 365 (bog) Punjabi has disappointed since Champion Hurdle victory beaten on last two starts and I can't get involed with the short price, I think this one has real prospects, perhaps this is asking alot of him but is a consistent type and gave a fair account in the Chirstmas Hurdle at Kempton, these small fields often throw up shock results, small win bet. 15:30 - Cloudy Lane (Each-Way) @ 13/2 365 (bog) Cloudy Lane should love everyhting about this race tomorrow, he was a winner of this race last year and likes the soft/heavy going, 1lb higher than last year but that shouldn't make to much difference.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Leopardstown 15:05 - Asigh Pearl (Each-Way) @ 18/1 Hills (bog) & Gallant Light (Each-Way) @ 33/1 365 (bog) Asigh Pearl ran well over two miles LTO and gets in this on quite a nice weight, never seems to run a bad race and looks good each-way material at 18's. Gallant Light has been in good form for Mrs Harrington in Ireland, keeps improving and a good 2nd to Luska Lad last month, distance win and should go well.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Lingfield 14:15 - R Woody (win) @ 7/2 SJ (bog) Gonna close a couple of times off this mark and looks set for a primed run here, saw off Athwaab into 2nd by 2½ lengths which looks pretty decent form as the horse has been going well in handicaps, small field here what the horse is used to and probably worth giving another chance.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Wincanton 13:55 - Fine By Me (Each-Way) @ 8/1 SJ (bog) In good form at present, winning over the C&D LTO, upped a good few pound for last two success but arrives here in good and with every chance. 14:30 - Laustra Bad (Each-Way) @ 33/1 SJ (bog) David Pipe's horse has been on bad form for a while but tries cheekpieces to find form again, form when wearing them is 31524. Recent form has been poor as I said but you can never rule Pipe's out and the horse is running off a much lower mark.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread

Leopardstown 15:05 - Asigh Pearl (Each-Way) @ 18/1 Hills (bog) & Gallant Light (Each-Way) @ 33/1 365 (bog) Asigh Pearl ran well over two miles LTO and gets in this on quite a nice weight, never seems to run a bad race and looks good each-way material at 18's. Gallant Light has been in good form for Mrs Harrington in Ireland, keeps improving and a good 2nd to Luska Lad last month, distance win and should go well.
13:00 - Rick (win) @ 6/4 SJ (bog) Looks betwee this one and Mullins', I'm leaning towards this one on the form on his race two runs ago behind when 3rd behind Quel Espirit & Hugo De Vindecy, which looks solid form. True, Skorcher also wasn't far behind Quel Espirit but in truth he was well beaten by that one, so I think Rick can open his account.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Southwell 14:50 - Smokey Rider (Each-Way) @ 50/1 Hills (bog) Around this time last year was racking up wins on the all-weather, has previously run well in a listed race at Lingfield when 3rd of 14. Since that run has been quite poor. One run at the track and one win albeit over a furlong shorter. Stable do well with there all-weather horses and I think a be price to recapture form, may well be in grips of handicapper but a chance worth taking.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Lingfield 13:40 - Arrys Orse (win) @ 10/11 >365 (bog) Raced in a good maiden race at York in the Summer, perhaps the race should of provided more NTO winners but a few have disappointed when sent off favourite in their next maiden races, that is a worry but this one was very green on debut but run on well to finish 5th, the 4th horse Hanson'd scored NTO and has since ran in a group 1 (Racing Post Trophy) when 7 of 11, 10 lengths behind St Nicholas Abbey. Assuming this one takes to the track he should take the beating, he looks the most likely improver. Lingfield 14:15 - Lady Kent (Each-Way) @ 14/1 >365 (bog) Lady Kent comes over from Ireland for first run for Boyle's yard and she looks in with a shout, took well to Dundalk's all-weather track with a win over a mile, given a rating of 70 here after going well off 74 in Ireland LTO. The stable aren't in the best of nick but they've had a few placed horses of late and I think this one can bring them some joy.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Kempton 18:30 - Lovers Causeway (win) @ 8/13 Coral (bog) Lovers Causeway bids for the hat-trick and he done it well from the front LTO and the same tactics will be applied today under Joe Fanning, a master from the front. He had Exceedthewildman ¾'s of a length behind him LTO but the further step up to 1m 4 furlongs should see that distance further, Johnston's normally improve more for the step up. Danger Mulally is a danger as he also chases the hat-trick but I think the selection can make all from the front, Joe Fanning is in unstoppable form and this is a ride he'll enjoy.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Just spotted these two in the same race at Down Royal. Down Royal 15:20 - Chasing Cars (win) @ 11/4 365/Shuil Aris (win) @ 13/2 VC Bet (bog) Chasing Cars is a horse i've been following in Ireland, has fell on last two starts but looked much the winner LTO when falling 4 out, was travelling well and if staying on feet looked the winners, can't have much confidence backing a horse with two falls but the horse has potential to be alot beter. Shuil Aris has some nice hurdle form, she had two years off the track before returning and disappointing over hurdles, was sent chasing LTO where a much improved run was seen and given her level of form over hurdles, she could turn out to be a good chaser.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread 17:40 Meydan - Tam Lin (Each-Way) @ 25/1 365 (bog) Bit of a longshot here with Tam Lin, formerly of Sir Michael Stoute's stable & Godolphin the horse has a group 3 win to his name in England, he was a useful horse for Godolphin winning quite a few races, I'm not sure the level of that form but he obviously acted well on there dirt racetrack. Now with M bin Shafya stable, from the United Arab Emirates, not sure how good they are but sure they've had a few winners at Nad Al Sheba previously. Has wins over a mile and 1m 2 furlongs so the trip of nice furlongs shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully will run a good race

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Landed some each-way money with that one. Wolverhampton 16:30 - Just Timmy Marcus (Each-Way) @ 12/1 >Hills (bog) Given alot to do LTO when slowly away and coming very wide on the bend, not sure the horse would of won but would of been alot closer, the step up in trip should suit as the horse has previously stayed on over 7 furlongs, it's a two furlong step up but Wolverhampton is a track the horse is used to. Visor is removed today as that has not done the horse any favours by the looks of it. The horse has raced at Wolverhampton ten times from 14 outings, has only ever gone over six furlongs and seven. Won maiden race at first attempt over the six furlongs here just under a year ago, it was a race that that fielded quite a few future handicap winners, Trade Centre has since won in handicap company off a mark of 69, the third horse Silk Gallery has not been as progressive with just a win off 53. Even if we go down to the 12th placed horse of that maiden, Gurteen Diamond, has gone close off around Just Timmy Marcus' current mark, I'm not suggesting the form is really strong of that miaden because it isn't, but there is enough there to suggest this horse can win off current mark. This race is not as competitive as last two, being a class 6 race, form in class six races reads 164324 which is pretty decent, the horse won in handicap company FTO at this track over six furlongs, again slowly away as he has been on many occasions but stayed on well, this is why I think the step up will really bring the best out of the horse. The form of those class 6 races is pretty decent, particularly the run behind Silver Guest who has since risen to a mark of 75 and gone close, the 6th horse that day, Stanley Godspeed has won twice since albeit in a apprentice handicap. If we look more at a recent run, his last race in a class 6 race, ignoring last two runnings with the visor applied in a class 5, again it came at this track, 3rd of nine runners, again staying on over seven furlongs. It's interesting how the form has worked out of that race though, the winner has disappointed NTO but he'd already completed a double, the 2nd horse Rubenstar won NTO off a mark of 65 and has since placed twice off marks of 71. The 5th horse Eastern Gift went very close NTO finishing 2nd at Lingfield off a mark of 65, just not getting to the leader. The 6th horse, Great Bounder, has gone on to finish runner up twice in future handicap races, I think the form of that race looks ok. Being one of the youngest horses in the field, this one could still have plenty of improvement to come, the step up to 1m 1f+ is a trip that could bring the best out of him, we don't know, the fact that he would of been alot closer LTO given a better ride, Although I may add that Culhane continues to saddle today, it may just be that the horse is a difficult ride. Not sure how the horse will be ridden today, often is slowly away as I have already commented on but sometimes ridden closer the the pace, his two career wins have came from challenging late. I think the horse has a real chance today, the race doesn't look the strongest, I've mumbled on a bit here but if we just take a look at the so called 'fancy horses', Naheell has been backed well this morning under Neil Callen, obviously did not enjoy the step up to 1m 4 furlongs LTO and should be better for the step back down, but at current price I wouldn't want to be on this one. Has previously won in handicap company off 71 though so a capture of that form would see him go close. Only really one form horse in the race which is the David Evans' trained Bestowed, his been in good form over the winter but the handicapper may have him at now. Although you can't rule out with current form. Bajan Pride was beaten well enough LTO over C&D to suggest he won't be winning here, the same can be said for Alf Tupper although there seems to be alot of support for that one this morning. You could argue Mutajaaser if the one likely to improve but I don't rate his maiden form and FTO in handicap company was well beaten, the only thing going for him is the step down in trip, big ask to win though. I don't really see a danger in the rest, they all have bits of form but nothing that stands out, like most class 6 races, there is often a bunch of no hopers that pop up once in a blue moon. Just Timmy Marcus is the one for me that can improve with the step up in trip and is the most likely one to improve in the race, I've been hanging out for a better price but there doesn't appear to be much movement even though others are being backed.