Spooner's all round racing

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Cheers Kev. :ok Kempton 14:35 - Carlitos Spirit (Each-Way) @ 12/1 Stan James (bog) Has not been beaten a great deal in recent starts and has run better than his form reads, down a few lb in the handicap here and down in class, although he loses the 3lb claim with Kirby up on board but I feel he can make the difference for the horses new stable, been off track for around three months so hopefully nice and fresh for this. C&D winner previously.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Wolverhampton 16:35 - Spinning Ridge (Each-Way) @ 8/1 Skybet Spinning Ridge was not beaten far LTO in a similar race to this and would be no shock to see him get alot closer, run at Southwell the time before is worth forgetting, form at Wolverhampton has been strong in recent runs. Trainer has some decent all-weather horses and this one should be in the mix.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Small profit with Spinning Ridge finishing 3rd. Coming round the home turn looked within a good chance and run well in a three way battle towards the finish, always looked like he might get touched off though. Bets - 3 Total Staked - 30pts Wins - 1 Loss - 2 Strike Rate - 33.33% Profit/Loss - -17pts Yield - -56.66%

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Southwell 12:30 - Machinist @ 10/11 SJ (bog) Big drop in class for this horse this afternoon and only up against three horses, main danger would be Stonecrabstomorrow who is proven on the surface, my selection has won on the all-weather at Lingfield. He looks the clear pick and a nice price given we know the horse can win races.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Very disappointing, seems a few favoured Stonecrabstomorrow, well done. No more for me at Southwell today. Bets - 4 Total Staked - 40pts Wins - 1 Loss - 3 Strike Rate - 25% Profit/Loss - -27pts Yield - -67.5%

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Beaten a short head into third, 10 legtnhs by the winner, how could you predict Bradley's would win by that far, seemed to take the track very well indeed!! Another one bites the dust as they say... Bets - 5 Total Staked - 50pts Wins - 1 Loss - 4 Strike Rate - 20% Profit/Loss - -37pts Yield - -74

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Lingfield 12:30 - Silver Prelude (win) @ 7/2 Skybet C&D winner here at Kempton, with 3lb claimer on board the horse is below his latest winning mark which came at this track, wasn't beaten far LTO and drops into class 6 company here, will probably look to lead these and kick on from the front, big chance. Lingfield 13:00 - Divine Force (win) @ 2/1 Hills (bog) Won well over the C&D here LTO and I don't think the follow up success is out the question, a 7lb rise for that success but this isn't the greatest field and a similar run may prevail. Lingfield 16:00 - Wunder Strike (win) @ 11/10 Paddy Power (bog) Horse heads for a five timer here this afternoon on the back of a win last week over the C&D, 3 of four wins have came over this distance and at the track. He didn't look like stopping anytime soon LTO and there was more opposition that day, a small field here with less dangers and I fancy him to get the fiver timer.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread One winner, Silver Prelude who won very well. Divine Force was a little unlucky, very slowly away and didn't get the best of runs through, I don't think the pace of the race was ideal, he ran ok though. Wunder Strike's run came to an end, Prince Of Thebes was an easy winner. Profit on the day at least... Bets - 8 Total Staked - 80pts Wins - 2 Loss - 6 Strike Rate - 25% Profit/Loss - -22pts Yield - -27.5

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Lingfield 14:40 - Aeroplane (win) @ 11/8 SJ (bog) Just the four going to post and main danger Plum Pudding has not been getting it his way on the all-weather with little success, likes to go from the front which he may not get with likely leader Beauchamp Viceroy. Aeroplane is better off at the weights and has a fantastic record on the polytrack so happy to side with him. Kempton 14:55 - Tiddliwinks (win) @ 6/4 365 (bog) Two wins on the spin for this one and I was impressed with the success LTO when seeing off Perfect Act/Dvinisky....another 6lb rise for that success but Amy Ryan saddles using her 5lb claim this afternoon, continues over the same distance after recent C&D victory. Kempton 15:25 - Davids Mark (Each-Way) @ 7/1 365 (bog) Alot of these are very incosistent being a class 6 handicap but Davids Mark last 5 figures in January read 24151 which may just be a coincidence or not, he is back down to a winning mark and although 8th of 12 here LTO he was only beaten 3½ furlongs and was a bit squeezed for room, chances.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Southwell 13:20 - Brazilian Brush (win) @ 9/4 Sportingbet Was suited by this track the other day when hacking up over six furlongs and I think a good chance to win again in similar conditions, a furlong shorter today and it could be that it was a one off run and he'll go back to normal form but willing to take a chance he'll defy the penalty.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Southwell 14:50 - Mozayada (Each-Way) @ 8/1 SJ (bog) Gone close twice over 8 furlongs in latest runs when narrowly touched off on both occasions so the step back to 7f could do the trick where he is a C&D winner, has a good record at the track with five wins already. Previously won off 77 so current mark looks winnable. Southwell 15:50 - Maldon Prom (Each-Way) @ 7/1 SJ (bog) Top two in the market dominating the betting but I like this runner, ran second in a maiden race over C&D when beating by R Woody, he made debut in handicap at Kempton when finishing 4th behind some decent horses off a mark of 74, the selection runs off 74 here after making all in a handicap at Wolves LTO when seeing off Sabatini who was on a three-timer, could trouble the top two.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread

I don't like taking the early prices but I might not be around in time so will have to take these, as I think both will go off alot shorter at SP. I will take off the 5% commission if a winning bet. Wolverhampton 13:30 - Diapason (win) @ 2.24 Betfair (£87 @ 2.26, £119 at 2.24) I liked this one's victory LTO, slowly away from the stalls but ran on well, not sure the step down in trip but I believe the horse is alot better than this and in this company can go on to score again despite the 6lb penalty. Wolverhampton 15:30 - Divine Force (win) @ 3.50 Betfair (£8 @ 3.65, £16 @ 3.6, £183 @ 3.5) Backed this one on his last run where he was a bit unlucky, didn't leave the stalls the best and was behind, come up strong about 1f out but didn't get a proper run if you like, change of jockey today, not sure about the need for the step up in trip but could still be good enough.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Cheers mate. Lingfield 13:35 - Best One (Each-Way) @ 5/1 365 (bog) Ultra consistent lately with 5 solid runs of late, has previously won off much higher marks than the current one so can definitely win off this, previous course winner and has been placed over C&D on a few occasions, the price isn't great but hopefully improve with best odds.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Kempton 19:15 - Hallingdal (Each-Way) 16/1 SJ (bog) C&D winner way back in September 2008, 1lb higher than that mark of 73 but jockey claims 3 and has saddled the horse on last three runs, came close to wining LTO over the 1m 2f at Kempton, dropped back in trip when staying on LTO but as he is a C&D winner I'm not to worried, trainer and jockey have gone a while without a winner but they have a chance here.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Southwell 13:50 - Boogie Waltzer (win) @ 6/4 Hills (bog) Boogie Waltzer won well at Lingfield on his last start over the 5 furlongs and should be able to defy the 6lb penalty, there was alot to like about his first success against decent horses in form, coming up against a bunch who haven't had much success of late today and if taking to Southwell which many horses don't, he should be a major player. 14:20 - Bubbly Bellini (win) @ 6/4 365, Inside Track (win) @ 5/2 365 Pretty boring taking the top two in the market but I'm struggling to spilt these two but also am pretty sure one of them will be winning the race. Both are in very good form, George Baker's gelding came 2nd over C&D LTO and has had two wins in his last four runs, he won over the 5f here. Inside Track is a C&D winner two starts ago, he folowed that up with a second over the eight furlongs on previous runs where he had 3rd favourite Hubble Space six lengths behind, Tamarind Hill is still a maiden after 11 runs although going close on a couple of starts, its hard to see one of the top two not picking up the prize. Lingfield 16:00 - Colourful Move (Each-Way) @ 8/1 Hills (bog) A poor race to finish a poor card but this one has at least some consistent form over two miles, the step back up in trip to two miles should defintely help the horse, he is running off a low mark as are most of these, only one career win which was over 2 miles and three of his five placed efforts have came over the 2 miles. First-time tongue strap appiled today also and Neil Callen on board. Wolverhampton 16:10 - Stolt (Each-Way) @ 15/2 Skybet Dropped another 2lb for a 4th at Southwell LTO which was an ok run, wore first time cheekpieces that day and continues with them today, previously gone well at Wolverhampton with a C&D win to his name, nice each-way price. 18:40 - Flowing Cape (Each-Way) @ 9/1 Hills (bog) A quick glance at form figures and they aren't inspiring with last run reading 0, he was beating just six lengths and was a rad unlucky in-running, 4th the run before over C&D, he was only beating just over ½ length when headed in the final furlong, I think the horse has a win in him off current mark.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Wolverhampton 16:50 - Divertimenti (Each-Way) @ 8/1 365 (bog) Well handicapped on old form, 4th here LTO when beating over 10 lengths but Brazillian Brush ran a bit of a freak race that day and Divertinmenti was slowly away from the stalls, 3rd the run before also at this track, seems in ok form and should be in the mix.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Kempton 15:45 - Novikov (Each-Way) @ 10/1 365 (bog) David Evans has been kept busy in the recent weather with his string in strong form on the all-weather, he sends Novikov to Kempton for his only runner of the card, a horse that should appreciate both the ground and trip. He won over the 2 miles at Uttoxeter on soft/heavy going, the race was weaker than this but he ran well in a class 3 LTO when beaten 7 lengths by Keki Buku who features in the Lanzarote Hurdle earlier in the card, a class 2 race. Novikov looks set for a decent run in this.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread

Kempton 15:45 - Novikov (Each-Way) @ 10/1 365 (bog) David Evans has been kept busy in the recent weather with his string in strong form on the all-weather, he sends Novikov to Kempton for his only runner of the card, a horse that should appreciate both the ground and trip. He won over the 2 miles at Uttoxeter on soft/heavy going, the race was weaker than this but he ran well in a class 3 LTO when beaten 7 lengths by Keki Buku who features in the Lanzarote Hurdle earlier in the card, a class 2 race. Novikov looks set for a decent run in this.
Smashed into 9/2 and won, great work :clap

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Cheers. :ok Swear I put that on Sports-punter last night, can't find it though in my tipping history, always forget to put the winners on! :sad Update of stats: Bets - 25 Total Staked - 250pts Wins - 9 Loss - 16 Strike Rate - 36.00% Profit/Loss - +40.05 Yield - +16.02%

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Wolverhampton 14:30 - Wanchai Whisper (win) @ 1.91 Betfred I'll take another David Evans horse here, been in good nick in handicaps and should take the beating in this, C&D winner previously in a selling race, has a good all round record and looks set to win again.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Another couple of short ones today...:$ Folkestone 15:40 - Rapid Increase (win) @ EVS (bog) Scored well enough LTO at Hereford over the same distance of 3 miles one furlong, his up 7lb for the victory but with just four runners to be, I'd question whether they can find anything to beat Jonjo's. Won't mind the ground and with the champ on board looks set to win. Wolverhampton 15:50 - Diapason (win) @ 5/6 365 (bog) I backed this one LTO when she won easily enough over a furlong shorter, back up to 7f where she is also a C&D winner, faces another 6lb penalty for winning but on the basis of her last couple of runs and the field isn't great, she looks good for the hat-trick. Goodbye Cash also is on a hat-trick but I think her penalty may stop her. Wolverhampton 16:20 - Quarante Deux (win) @ 3/1 SJ (bog) Mark Johnston saddles the hot favourite Jan Mayden, who was 2nd on debut at Kempton in a bunched finish, to be honest his rivals were nothing but it was a ok debut and he should 'come on for the run'. He steps down in trip, which I'm not sure about. I'll go for Gerard Butler's newcomer, who is related to group winners and was bought for a fair sum. Of course the horse 'may need the run' but I don't think the field is that strong and if that race that featured Johnston's is as weak as it appears to be, this one won't need to be anything special on debut. Stable have saddled there last two runners to victory.

Re: Spooner's New Year's Resolution Thread Quarante Deux was gutsy on debut, slowly away after dwelling in the stalls but once he got going he fought well for a newcomer. SP of 9/2. Bets - 30 Total Staked - 300pts Wins - 12 Loss - 18 Strike Rate - 40.00% Profit/Loss - +87.55 Yield - +29.18%