Spooner's all round racing

Re: Spooner's Thread Sailsbury 18:50 - Comptons Eleven (Each-Way) @ 8/1 Stan James (bog) I took this one last Sunday at Ayr and he ran well only beating by a head. I wrote: 'Think its only a matter of time before we see this horse put in a decent run, running off a low mark of 67 having previously won twice off 83, I spoke the other day about the Channon stable not having the best of time's at the moment but he found a winner yesterday at Leicester so more may follow, the horse is fine over the 7f trip having previously won over the trip, he seems to act on most grounds, I think the favourite looks very short at 5/4 in places and ill take the Channon runner each-way.' He steps down to 6f here where he has previously won 5 times as opposed to only once over last week's trip, he's running off the same mark and although the Channon stable is still not firing this one should put in another good display. Sailsbury 19:55 - Sapphire Prince (Each-Way) @ 18/1 Skybet This looks a bit of a tricky race to solve but ill opt for John Best's runner, he has not really threatened to win a race since entering handicaps but he was stuck in on a mark of 81, he runs off just 71 here. He won his maiden on the all-weather at Great Leighs, a couple that he beat have gone onto win off higher marks than this against similar opposition, Halford takes off another 3 and he could make a better fight of it tonight.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Spooner's Thread Going to take two at the Curragh. Curragh 15:40 - Sariska (win) @ 11/10 Boylesports (bog) Not very original but Sariska looks a good thing over in Ireland this afternoon, it was a tight race in the english version of this between this filly and Midday but Michael Bell's runner just did enough, she should handle the ground fine and the field does really not look that strong here, she's looked very impressive so far and I'll take her to land another big race. Curragh 16:45 - Danetime Lily (Each-Way) @ 16/1 Paddy Power (bog) A very open race again here and ill select Danetime Lily as the potential winner, she raced at Newmarket LTO in a class 3 race against some good horses, she finished 5th but was beaten under 2 lengths which was a decent run, she has a claimer on her back taking off 7, don't know much about the jockey but he has gone close recently on some big priced horses, this horse has four distance wins and although she has never won at the Curragh she ran ok here two runs ago, hopefully will run well here.

Re: Spooner's Thread Wolverhampton 18:20 - Masterofceremonies (Each-Way) @ 12/1 Stan James (bog) Fancy this one to bounce back into form tonight, his dropping down in grade here and has Royston French on board, the last and only time these paired up they took the honours at Musselburgh when dropping into selling company, ran ok over the 12f distance previously and although he has not shown much at this track before I think an improved run could be on the cards tonight.

Re: Spooner's Thread No luck with Masterofceremonies, broke poorly and although he made some headway coming round the bend he never looked like getting to the leaders, finished 6th. Bets - 30 Total Staked - 300pts Win - 12 Loss - 18 Strike Rate - 40.00% Yield - +52.22 Profit Loss - +156.67pts

Re: Spooner's Thread Brighton 16:30 - Landucci (win) @ 10/3 Paddy Power Looks quite tight between the top three in the market and ill take Landucci to land the spoils, he has won at this track 6 times with 5 of those coming over this distance, Sam's Cross & Duke Of Milan are both to be respected but neither have managed to win at this trip, of course its not a three horse race but I thinks its hard to overlook Landucci given his course form. The rain seems to be coming down round here at the moment and im not to far away from Brighton but I don't think that'll inconvenience the selection as much as it will others, should take the beating.

Re: Spooner's Thread Landucci can only manage 3rd, gonna take one in the last at Southwell: Quick write up as I'm a bit busy. Southwell 21:10 - Harlech Castle (Each-Way) @ 12/1 William Hill (bog) First of all he'd need one of his best runs to take this but I think he is capable of doing so, have not got much to go on with the jockey but im sure his capable, claiming 7. The horse has previously raced well over C&D posting a 2nd on only start, goes well in this company and although he is on a high mark I expect this one to run a solid race.

Re: Spooner's Thread Lingfield 14:20 - Mayolynn (win) @ 5/1 Bet365 (bog) Henry Cecil's filly showed some improvement LTO on her 2nd start at Kempton after not showing much on debut at Yarmouth, she ran a good race at Kempton finishing 3rd, the top three pulled well clear of the rest, she was in the lead at the two furlong pole but lost a couple of places towards the finish. That looked a fair run with the 2nd Blue Nymph going close at Southwell NTO. She could show some improvement again here and looks to have every chance. Lingfield 16:20 - Tudor Key (Each-Way) @ 7/1 Ladbrokes I like the look of Amanda Perrett's Tudor Key here, he was 12th of 30 in the Britannia at the royal meeting, although 12th that was still a very very solid run, that was only his 2nd start over a mile after winning over the mile at Newmarket last season breaking his maiden tag, he goes over the mile trip for the 3rd time here. Stables horses look to be in good form over the last few days, Jim Crowley has been on board on all of his seven starts and after riding a treble at Sailsbury on Saturday night he should be riding with full confidence.

Re: Spooner's Thread Kempton 18:50 - Ragsta (win) @ 4/1 Bluesq I think Richard Hannon's filly could be a bit better than this, she was runner up to the impressive Radiohead on debut who has since gone onto win the Norfolk Stakes at Ascot, although Radiohead won easily it was still a good run by this filly as she pulled well clear of the other two. She then raced at Lingfield when 4th of 11, was beaten just over 2 lengths, Curtains (2nd) went onto to finiash 5th in the Albany Stakes (group 3) so that form look strong. Ragsta looked fairly impressive when winning LTO at Windsor, she went clear into the final furlong and the step upto seven furlong should not be a problem, giving that she takes to the track ok tonight I think she'll take the beating, although if beating I would not put anyone off backing her NTO in similar company on turf. Kempton 20:20 - Russian Rave (win) @ 4/1 Paddy Power (bog) Charlotte Point lines up for this as favourite and although she has not been out of the first two in her last six starts she may be worth taking on given how high her mark is, the one I like is Russian Rave who won over 7f trip here LTO, she's stepped up to the mile trip this evening and ill take her to make it a double, up 6lbs for that win but she won going away and suggested that she is alot better. Richard Kingscote comes here for just the one ride.

Re: Spooner's Thread Just gonna add one more as the price on this one looks very big now because others are being well backed. Quick write up as I'm off to work. Uttoxeter 13:40 - Alanna Castle (win) @ 4/1 Bluesq Put in a decent run LTO on hurdling debut when 2nd over this distance at Worcester. Showed a decent level of form in bumpers, stable in good form with 4 of there last 16 horses sent out have won, obviously the favourite has obvious cliams on bumper form but the rest have not shown much, 4/1 looks to big.

Re: Spooner's Thread Doncaster 20:40 - Black Dahlia (Each-Way) @ 25/1 Bet365 (bog) First run for new stable this evening, he is without a win for over a year now but he has some good course form round here, last win came over this C&D and his only other win came over this distance. He would need a career best to win off this mark but he has fair form in this company. The stable does not have that many runners but they sent out luscivious on Tuesday night at Southwell and he went in at a big price so I'm hoping they can have a quick fire double.

Re: Spooner's Thread Newbury 15:10 - Walkingonthemoon (win) @ 11/4 William Hill (bog) Odds-on favourite Showcasing's second to Arcano looks very good form and maybe should not be opposed but I really like Tom Dascombe's Walkingonthemoon. He ran a very good race LTO at Epsom when just caught near the finish by Corporal Maddox, proving that he can mix it against good horses. Running over the 6f again this afternoon, he broke his maiden tag at the first attempt over the 5f trip at this track, the stable are going quite well and jockey Richard Kingscote continues to ride well, I'll take him to upset the favourite.

Re: Spooner's Thread Newbury 14:20 - Icelandic (Each-Way) @ 9/1 Bet365 (bog) Think the ground is key to this horses chances today and he should like the soft ground, steps back up to 6f where he is a previous winner, he stayed on well over 5f behind Nota Bene LTO, this race is a bit of step up from that but he showed some class when winning the Wentworth Stakes towards the end of last year, is capable of going well here. Newmarket 14:35 - Flame Of Gibraltar (win) @ 9/4 Bet365 (bog) Only 8 go to post for this now and I have Henry Cecil's Flame Of Gibraltar as the one to beat, she was stepped up to today's trip LTO in the Ribblesdale at Ascot and ran a good race into 2nd behind Flying Cloud, she had one her rivals behind her that day, Uvinza, who lines up here. She broke her maiden tag when an easy winner on the all-weather at Lingfield and ill take her to land this.

Re: Spooner's Thread Lingfield 19:25 - Captain Jacksparra (win) @ 7/2 William Hill (bog) I backed this one a couple of time when in handicaps, he has been running in claimers for the last two runs and has gone very close on both starts, the jockey booking of Ryan Moore looks a strong one and he should, has previously won over the 7f's here and although form over a mile is not as strong I think he will go well.

Re: Spooner's Thread Cheers BH, is rather annoying but I enjoy doing it anyway with or without Sports-Punter. :ok Fairyhouse 15:25 - Three Rocks (win) @ 15/8 Stan James (bog) Been in good form this seaosn with four wins already and he had the second favourite here Georgebernardshaw beaten LTO when winning at the Curragh and il take him to do so again, he goes well on soft/heavy ground so he should take it to a fine, does step down to 6f but is twice a distance winner so won't be a problem neither, Manning saddles again and he has won on all five occasions he has won, hard to see him not being there at the finish.

Re: Spooner's Thread One for tomorrow. Windsor 19:50 - Imperial Guest (Each-Way) @ 9/1 Bet365 (bog) Takes a drop in class here and could be fairly well handicapped here, not been in the best of forms of late but he has been running in tougher races than this, has a win over c&d here on his only start, stable don't send out that many runners bu they had a winner last Tuesday at Brighton and this one may bounce back into form.

Re: Spooner's Thread Ffos Las 16:30 - Polar Annie (Each-Way) @ 8/1 Bet365 Not been in the best of form of late when 7th at Windosr, although 7th she was not beaten far at all, just under 3 lengths. She drops down to what looks a fair mark, has a distance win and although course form is an unknown as it is with every runner, she should go well under Dane O'Neil.

Re: Spooner's Thread Nothing for Polar Annie. Sandown 19:40 - Thousand Miles (Each-Way) @ 8/1 Stan James (bog) Only seven runners line up here for this class 3 handicap and Thousand Miles for the Peter Chapple-Hyam stable should go well, he raced well enough on handicap debut at Newmarket LTO, 5th of 10 against some decent types, steps down a furlong to 7f, his raced once over that distance on debut when 5th of 12, however that was a decent maiden race with a few of them performing at a higher level so the step down could suit, Jimmy Fortune looks a good jockey booking and he could trouble the rest here.

Re: Spooner's Thread Bets - 45 Total Staked - 450pts Win - 15 Loss - 30 Strike Rate - 33.33% Yield - +26.64 Profit Loss - +119.92pts Gonna take both Roger Charlton's runners this afternoon/evening, he runs one at Sandown (5:00) 'Clowance House' and one at Folkestone (8:05) 'Morning Calm', He had two winners yesterday and his horses look to be coming into good form, Clowance House looks to have obvious chances stepping back down in trip which should suit as he raced over 12f two runs ago and was staying on well, tried 2 miles LTO but that looked a tad to far, so 1m 6 should suit. Morning Calm has not shown a great deal so far on both starts in hdncaips but there seems to be a bit of support for him in the market and could be interesting, looks a weak affair. Sandown 17:00 - Clowance House (win) @ 4/1 Stan James (bog) Folestone 20:05 - Morning Calm (Each-Way) @ 7/1 Stan James (bog) Gonna play an e/w double on the two also but will not include that in this thread.

Re: Spooner's Thread No luck with those two, I peronally thought the tactics on Clowance House were wrong but not to dwell on it. Bets - 47 Total Staked - 470pts Win - 15 Loss - 32 Strike Rate - 31.91% Yield - +21.25 Profit Loss - +99.92pts