Philossify through to Day 3 of Main Event!

slapdash

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Philossify through to Day 3 of Main Event!

You gota be near bubble time when you return for day 3! :loon
Money goes down to 666th (the bubble of the beast!). $21,230 for 666th place. 466 survived day 2a, but days 1c and 1d had more players than 1a and 1b, so I'd guess something over 1,000 players going to day 3.

Re: Philossify through to Day 3 of Main Event!

Money goes down to 666th (the bubble of the beast!). $21,230 for 666th place. 466 survived day 2a, but days 1c and 1d had more players than 1a and 1b, so I'd guess something over 1,000 players going to day 3.
So one double up would put him in with a good chance. Just a matter of picking his spot fairly soonish

Re: Philossify through to Day 3 of Main Event! Thanks for the support guys and gals. Couldn't get anyone to double me up on the day 2 table - they all knew I was playing tight and I didn't have much scope (or the cards) for stealing from good position as the pro's all kept upping it before it got to me. On the couple of occasions I had a decent hand they all folded to any sign of action from me. Kathy Seibert (Pokerkat) who was sat to my right went out after a river straight beat her set - she was not amused. As you say - a quick double up required (did that day 2 early on) and I might just sneak into some money - whatever happens it's been a fantastic experience and I'll pay more attention to WSOP satellites etc. for next year. Just waiting for ed to finish the first session of his saga :hope.

Re: Philossify through to Day 3 of Main Event! Just William left now me and the mole both gone. Think mole was very short and shoved with rags preflop to go out. I was sitting ok on 20k+, got pkt 4's on button raised to 2k bb called. Flop 4-5-6, he checks I bet 4k he reraises to 8k I shove he shows pkt 6's for bigger set. I was pretty sure he was drawing and saw me as an easy bluff with an open ended straight. Dont think I did much wrong, i like going all in as a 25/1 dog!