Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th

425 Uttoxeter : Always Waining 1pt win Cracking race this, looks impossible on paper but not that many in with a realistic chance when you look deeper. Peter Bowen holds the key here with several runners, although AP rides the top one i'm siding with the stable jockey and going with Always Waining. Had his warm up for this in a 3m hurdle at Aintree and won it in good style, fairly weighted over fences, has plenty of stamina and although would prefer it softer should cope with the ground ok.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th I fancy Master Mahogany (14/1 SportingBet) and Follow The Colours (14/1 Skybet) to go well here. With all the pace and at this track, hold up types are suited which brings Balnagore into the equation but 3/1 is no price. Western Roots, Zachs Harmoney and Wester Ross are all opposed as they may cut each others throats up front. Siena Star is given a real chance by the handicapper but its 14 runs and 4 years since it made the frame in a Class 5 or better race. Muffets Dream is out of the handicap whilst Red Current is out of form, just like its stable. Master Mahogany could go well up in trip here and should stay on through beaten horses, off a lower mark than recently. Stable & jockey are going well too. Follow The Colours ran well lto when missing the break. The 3 in front of it all raced prominently so it did best of those held up. Stable & jockey again in great nick. A couple of EW bets for me here. EW on Master Mahogany (1.55 Salisbury)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th I need a big winner to get into profit in the comp...... Curragh 3.50 - Frozen Fire - 1 point to win Didn't handle the track at Epsom but look at the Dante. In that race he finished a neck second to Tartan Bearer despite running green at the finish and wandering around a bit Must improve on a flattter track and over the extra distance ( German bred - should get better the further he goes) Current odds - Tartan Bearer Evs Fav, Frozen Fire 18/1........surely there shouldn't be that much between them if you ignore Epsom and look at the Dante !

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th 1.30 Curragh - Chevie 1pt. win I haven't been around in the last days and most likely this will be my last selection this month, but I think it can run a big race and it is worth mentioning. Strong money came for the horse this morning, which is a good sign in every race, but especially in Ireland. MJ Kinnane takes the ride and this is a big positive. I see 3yo's have won it in 2003 and 2005 and these 10lbs allowance can help a lot. The horse is progressive and is improving and I just watched the replay from last time, where he stayed on very nicely to win in the last yards. On this evidence the extra mile should suite. Some bookies cut to single figure odds, while Ladbrokes still have the 14/1, which is big. Exellent e/w bet with 4 placed paid, but win only for the competition.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th Curr 1.30 Zero Tolerance 7/1 var bog 0.5 pts e.w. so tricky these types of races with loads of runners but also different kind of form but an interesting runner comes from these shores. A very decent horse on his day, he was rated in the 100s for some time and has bolted up in a listed race before when getting favoured softer ground. There is little doubt he lost his form last year but as a result he is now off a mark of just 82 which he has shown to be really competitive off. Second at Bev by a narrow margin, he then seemed a bit unlucky and even eye cathing when constantly being unable to get the gaps in a good handicap a couple of days ago at newc. There should be a bit of cut in the ground still today and place chances with moore on board.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th 2.40 Curragh Benbaun - stumbled at the start LTO at Ascot and finished a disappointing 7th in the King's Stand stakes, however, coming back over to the Curragh should see him back in the winners enclosure bearing in mind his outstanding record at the Irish track - form of 211221111 here, including 3 group races. Won a Group 1 at Longchamp at the end of last season too to underline his class.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th 2.40 CURRAGH BENBAUN 10pts win @ 9/4 Bet365 Its all been said about BENBAUN already - 9 visits to the track with 6 wins & 3 2nds !! Ran in the Kings Stand last week & should be spot on for this today. Bet365 give 9/4 (BOG) & the horse would have been 5/4 if the irsh challenger wasnt running

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th 3.05 Windsor Not sure there's a lot of pace on in the race and with Heaven a very short favourite and 9 runners, going to look for an E/W bet and think I have found one in KALLIGAL who will make all from the outside stall. The filly was 3rd here 3 weeks ago in a class 4 and ran ok on only her 2nd start on GF (came 3rd again in only other start on GF). Has continued to fall down the weights (has yet to win) and is now, obvioulsy, at a career low mark which I am hoping she can take advantage of. Steve Drowne has a decent record here and is in decent form and whilst the field looks to have it all to do with HEAVEN, i'm hoping she can at least trouble the market leader.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th 2.55 Salisbury-Misaro-I know most of these horses in this race. Digital gets so far behind it will find it tough to make up the ground over 5f. Misaro ran a stinker last race.I'll forget that last run and go back to the chester race. jockey will be told to lay handy and take the race up at 4.5f.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th 2.35 If you didn't get to the wedding you shouldn't go to the funeral. So, although Willkandoo has done nothing wrong of late, I've decided to oppose him. I can't back him off a 14lb higher mark if I haven't played already on him. I have backed Charmels Lad on his past two starts though. I was pleased with myself before his handicap debut thinking I've unearthed a dark horse, however he was a little unlucky in running shaping as if further than the 6f trip would suit. I was disappointed with his run NTO at GL but will give him another chance here over a mile. I'd be happier over 7f but he showed enough last season to suggest a mile is within his capabilities - he is certainly no sprinter based on what I've seen this season. The stable are in much better form now also. I'm not Brian Meehan's biggest fan but I've toyed with backing Mr Hichens on more than once. He ran well on debut but disappointed on his next two maiden starts. He was given a mark of 70 and ran ok on his handicap debut. He was 5th to Vineyard here in a race that has worked out ok. He stepped up on that effort NTO when 2nd at Newmarket although he did hang his chance away. It wasn't a great race and although he did pull well clear of the 3rd I think a 5lb rise is harsh. The blinds could bring out the improvement needed however and I'll give him a chance here. For this thread I'm going with Mr Hichens. Mr Hichens - win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th

Event 3.20 Uttoxeter
Selection Dandygrey Russet
Strength 10/10
Date 29/06/2008
Bookmaker/Price totesport @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoning Won well 2 outings ago and was well fancied to repeat that success last time out. However, he was facing the wrong way when they jumped off and lost many lengths. As a front runner, he was never in the race and never stood a chance. He has had a run on the flat since, which he won in fine style and he looks a great bet today at the 4/1 available. WIN BET

2.35 If you didn't get to the wedding you shouldn't go to the funeral. So, although Willkandoo has done nothing wrong of late, I've decided to oppose him. I can't back him off a 14lb higher mark if I haven't played already on him. I have backed Charmels Lad on his past two starts though. I was pleased with myself before his handicap debut thinking I've unearthed a dark horse, however he was a little unlucky in running shaping as if further than the 6f trip would suit. I was disappointed with his run NTO at GL but will give him another chance here over a mile. I'd be happier over 7f but he showed enough last season to suggest a mile is within his capabilities - he is certainly no sprinter based on what I've seen this season. The stable are in much better form now also. I'm not Brian Meehan's biggest fan but I've toyed with backing Mr Hichens on more than once. He ran well on debut but disappointed on his next two maiden starts. He was given a mark of 70 and ran ok on his handicap debut. He was 5th to Vineyard here in a race that has worked out ok. He stepped up on that effort NTO when 2nd at Newmarket although he did hang his chance away. It wasn't a great race and although he did pull well clear of the 3rd I think a 5lb rise is harsh. The blinds could bring out the improvement needed however and I'll give him a chance here. For this thread I'm going with Mr Hichens. Mr Hichens - win
I'm never going to win this :@ :lol Went clear (1/3 in running) but didn't look too genuine. Gutter. 2nd. The winner has had a mircale.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th my best bet of the day would be honeybrook 355 utt. charlie longsdon does well with this type and after last times decent win, he can go on from that. penalty shouldnt stop him and others in the race look weak. disappointing if beaten today.

I'm never going to win this :@ :lol Went clear (1/3 in running) but didn't look too genuine. Gutter. 2nd. The winner has had a mircale.
Cant believe what fcukin won it. Had a decent amount on Colle Dodger on the 16th April in a poor race at Wolverhampton at 25/1. However it ran ridiculously wide coming into the straight and blew the race. Was certain it would have won. Low and behold, missed it next time out and it wins at 50/1. Backed it next twice and it ran shockers. Couldnt see it winning today and it comes home at 33s :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Cant believe what fcukin won it. Had a decent amount on Colle Dodger on the 16th April in a poor race at Wolverhampton at 25/1. However it ran ridiculously wide coming into the straight and blew the race. Was certain it would have won. Low and behold, missed it next time out and it wins at 50/1. Backed it next twice and it ran shockers. Couldnt see it winning today and it comes home at 33s :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@
Winner by default mate. Munro took it up too early, the horse hung it's chance away LTO (the signs were there). He took it up over 1 out! Went clear and stopped - still only beaten about 0.75l though. One is not amused. Well, two of us ain't.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 29th 4.15 Windsor. White Shift. Lay. Racing Post SP 4/1. Has the form to go close, but fairly exposed now and has to concede weight to a few much more unexposed types. Needs them to fail in improvement and find her own best, but at 4/1 it's well worth a lay much more than a play, irrespective of the end result.

Winner by default mate. Munro took it up too early, the horse hung it's chance away LTO (the signs were there). He took it up over 1 out! Went clear and stopped - still only beaten about 0.75l though. One is not amused. Well, two of us ain't.
Take nothing away from the winner, he did well and wanted it more than Mr Hitchens, however its just so frustrating :\

I need a big winner to get into profit in the comp...... Curragh 3.50 - Frozen Fire - 1 point to win Didn't handle the track at Epsom but look at the Dante. In that race he finished a neck second to Tartan Bearer despite running green at the finish and wandering around a bit Must improve on a flattter track and over the extra distance ( German bred - should get better the further he goes) Current odds - Tartan Bearer Evs Fav, Frozen Fire 18/1........surely there shouldn't be that much between them if you ignore Epsom and look at the Dante !
:clap:clap:clap Took 24/1 to win and got 4/1 for the place at betfair only small stakes :ok

I need a big winner to get into profit in the comp...... Curragh 3.50 - Frozen Fire - 1 point to win Didn't handle the track at Epsom but look at the Dante. In that race he finished a neck second to Tartan Bearer despite running green at the finish and wandering around a bit Must improve on a flattter track and over the extra distance ( German bred - should get better the further he goes) Current odds - Tartan Bearer Evs Fav, Frozen Fire 18/1........surely there shouldn't be that much between them if you ignore Epsom and look at the Dante !
Good stuff, went away quite well at the line mind you at least it had the chance to do so. The thing I couldnt quite understand about this one was why Murtagh was not on it at Epsom and today. Clearly they have always thought a lot of it to send it to the Racing Post Trophy and the Dante where it showed good form just behind Tartan Bearer. Yet Murtagh chose other horses over it who seemingly didnt have the same level of form or promise and seemed to be a realtively average bunch by O'Brien's normal standards.