** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Aussie Millions - Runadrum out in 19th for AUD $65,000

Washman

Guest gazza271

Re: Aussie Millions - Runadrum in Last 22 - Gtd AUD 65,000 I'm out all night tonight and doubt I will have internet access, would anyone fancy taking my mobile number and texting me some updates ?If so PM me and I will send you my number, ta

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Aussie Millions - Runadrum in Last 22 - Gtd AUD 65,000 Hi Guys Thanks again for all the support Played too many hands today to remember them all but ended the day back up on the TV table playing against Eric Seidel for the first time. Hopefully they won't show the ridiculous call I made against him with king high when he had hit a straight :$ but will show my successful reraises against him ! They will show my AQs v A7c call (not against Seidel) after a 7 high flop with 2 spades - the spade I needed hit on the turn and that got me to over 500,000. Can't believe I made the last 22 when I had nearly dumped myself out before the bubble playing QQ and folding before the river with a board of x9JK. I showed the queens and got looks of disbelief but the guy told me after he had QT and the fold was good (Richard had to confirm later that it meant he had hit the straight, I thought he was still drawing !) Tell you something - this game is a lot easier when you have chips. :ok Play does begin again as 12.30pm local time so I am off to bed.

Guest gazza271

Re: Aussie Millions - Runadrum in Last 22 - Gtd AUD 65,000

There is a piece on Duncan on the Poker Player website:ok. I did wonder what it was about, entitled "Reader goes Deep"!!
Aussie MillionsReader goes deepInsidePoker and PokerPlayer reader Duncan 'runadrum' Godfrey on a charge at the Aussie MillionsBy Chris Marais January 2008 Superb news has reached us from Melbourne, Australia where the world's best poker players are contesting the Aussie Millions.InsidePoker and PokerPlayer reader Duncan Godfrey aka runadrum is currently sitting in 15th position after Day 3 of the Main Event with 24 players remaining.Godfrey, a regular in our freerolls, qualified for the event through Blue Sq, and is having the tournament of his life. With the tournament paying 81 positions, Duncan is well into the money, and at the time of writing is assured a payout of Australian $65,000, with first place paying A$1,650,000. In terms of big name pros, Erik Seidel and Max Pescatori are still in as we move into Day 4. Duncan Godfrey has certainly had a cracking tournament, not just in terms of his charge into the money, but also in terms of who he has come up against. At one stage yesterday he was shortstacked and on a table with Phil Ivey, Joe Hachem, Andy Black and Thomas Bihl. Admittedly he got lucky on a few occasions, but you need that luck to win tournaments. Ivey, Hachem, Black and Bihl are now out, while Duncan is still there, averagely stacked on 500,000. Well played sir.

Re: Aussie Millions - Runadrum in Last 22 - Gtd AUD 65,000

How much did it cost Duncan to qualify for this ????
$55.
Aussie Millions : Tonight's $55 satellite had only 11 runners (think because of the footie) including one sit-out, but still took just under 2 hours to get through ! aussiemillionsbj5.png :ok
Thanks everyone - taken me a while to get back to the laptop 'cos still a bit shell-shocked ! Big thanks to Washman for highlighting the route he took and inspiring me to do the same :notworthy First piece of luck was picking the night of England's game to play the qualifier (10 played - one sat out !) and then only 37 starting tonight. I was bottom stack with more than 20 left in and then got lucky bluffing with nothing but getting a one card flush (with the 4). Very next hand I pushed with ATd and the same guy called with AK, only for a T to save me again. From there I was mid-table, played very few hands and sneaked into the money - at which point I was happy. Next thing I know I'm heads up and it's mostly a blur until my 33 was slaughtered by KK and I was just lucky I had 1400 chips more than he had done ..... and the rest is history ! The call with 58 was just stupid - just call it my 27 ! :$ Anyway, Birmingham tomorrow for some spending money :nana:nana:nana
bluesquareaussiemillionhp0.jpg

Re: Aussie Millions - Runadrum in Last 22 - Gtd AUD $65,000 :loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon:nana:loon Fcukin hell - that's awesome stuff :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Just noticed this :$ Go get'em Duncan :drums:drums:drums :hope You're living every poker players dream at the moment - enjoy it :D - you too, Helen :ok

Re: Aussie Millions - Runadrum in Last 22 - Gtd AUD $65,000 been keeping up with this all day at work by managing to borrow a few lovely ladies pcs in the office i was workin in;)even managed to use one of our wholesalers pcs while i got some gear :lol:lol. amazing, every time i looked it was just getting better:nana:nana its a truely great performance by duncan so far considering the opposition he has had on his table:notworthy:notworthy:notworthyand also that he has had to do it the hard way nearly all the way thru ,being short stacked till fairly late today. whatever happens tomorrow he must have had a amazing experience and is already $65000 richer so hopefully that will keep him relaxed and focused on the game not the money etc,because i see no reason why he cant win if he gets some luck when he needs it:hopeas long as he plays as well as we know he can. i think in this situation he should go for the win,not just for the $1.65mil:eek:eek:eek:eekbut also the obvious immediate sponsership /media deals and living the life that most of us probably dream of but most of all for the glory. being a champion is something nobody can ever take away from you and to do it against the worlds best would probably be the best feeling in the world. so go for it duncan in the words of rob sneider you can do it

Re: Aussie Millions - Runadrum in Last 22 - Gtd AUD $65,000 Here are the remaining players with links to the Hendon Mob database for those that seem to have entries (I may have missed some if their name was misspelled -- as Seidel's was -- or if they're listed under some variation of the name). Apart from Erik Seidel and Max Pescatori, Akery and Shimamura seem to be the only ones whose performances here are not already easily their best ever. Table 29 Seat 1: Peter Ling - 679,000 M=22.5 Seat 2: Patrick Kellogg - 500,000 M=16.5 Seat 3: Hiroshi Shimamura - 297,000 M=10 Seat 4: Seat 5: Antonio Casale - 1,513,000 M=50.5 Seat 6: Michael Chrisanthopoulos - 803,000 M=27 Table 30 Seat 1: Dane Lomas - 1,158,000 M=38.5 Seat 2: Seat 3: Matthew Kirk - 215,000 M=7 Seat 4: Robert Holster - 770,000 M=25.5 Seat 5: Robert Akery - 940,000 M=31 Seat 6: Nino Marotta - 710,000 M=23.5 Table 31 Seat 1: Duncan Godfrey - 500,000 M=16.5 Seat 2: Mark Kassis - 364,000 M=12 Seat 3: Remi Westrebo - 518,000 M=17 Seat 4: Max Bracht - 837,000 M=28 Seat 5: Jean Gianotti - 460,000 M=15.5 Seat 6: Alexander Kostrisyn - 366,000 M=12 Table 32: Seat 1: Erik Sediel - 752,000 M=25 Seat 2: Max Pescatori - 1,082,000 M=36 Seat 3: Nico Behling - 1,306,000 M=43.5 Seat 4: Alexey Rozenberg - 376,000 M=12.5 Seat 5: Steven Miller - 560,000 M=18.5 Seat 6: Peter Mobbs - 908,000 M=30

Re: Aussie Millions - Runadrum in Last 22 - Gtd AUD $65,000 :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Re: Aussie Millions - Runadrum in Last 22 - Gtd AUD $65,000

Absolutely fantastic performance mate :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana Good luck for tommorrow :hope
Neil was impressed you got to day two - looking forward to hearing what he thinks about you getting to day 4 :loon :loon :tongue2

Neil was impressed you got to day two - looking forward to hearing what he thinks about you getting to day 4 :loon :loon :tongue2
:rollin You sure he wasn't congratulating him on winning the package? It was only eight weeks ago.

On Day 4 they play down to the final table. Anybody know how many on the final table? I'm guessing it reverts to full-table (9 0r 10)?
They seem to detail everything else, but not that :unsure

Start Bank 20000. The duration of each level is 90 minutes.

Play will move to 8 handed as soon as possible on Day 1, and will remain 8-handed until 36 players remain at which time play will move to 6 handed. There will be a redraw for seating prior to the commencement of Day 2, Day 3 & Day 4, and when 36 players remain. 7 levels will be played on Day 1. Up to 7 levels will be played on Day 2 and each day thereafter. The final table will be played on Day 5 (Sun 20th Jan).

* Remove $25 chips. *** Remove $500 chips.

** Remove $100 chips. **** Remove $1000 chips.

On a serious note, anyone know where i can get odds on this, GAF?
Was looking earlier - cant see anyone offering them.....