The Mole

Guest gazza271

Re: The Mole

Steph, What's the lowest level you haven't been able to beat? Bit of a strange question, so I'll explain where I'm coming from..... There seems a perception amongst a lot of PL'rs that if players are too bad, then you cannot beat them - whereas I tend to think that they make bigger mistakes and so you should be beating them even easier - have you ever played the lowest level? (5c/10c) and can you beat it well?
I have never played 5c/10c but i think i would find it hard to give that game respect ( i would play it like limit, fish all the time) i dont think enough people at that level take it serious enough so i can understand wanting to play a little higher. 12/25c is where i started and i played at those stakes for a while, i felt the game their was treated properly. The questions you get asked at 5/10c are too easy too answer. A lot of players treat it like fun money so i can imagine getting sucked out a lot more at this level. I know you get players like that at every level but they become less the more thats involved. Hope this makes sense

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steph, had a couple of good sessions tonight and won a few $$$$$ so decided to sit down at the $2/$4 table. Felt totally intimidated TBH due to the amounts being bet :lol:$:\. Did you ever feel like that or rock straight in ?
Good stuff, but you still have to be carefull not to get carried away, the games change dramatically when you move up to these levels. Yes i always feel like that when i move up a level ( thats why i always bought in for minimum) to take away "the fear". the only way to get rid of the intimidation is experience at the stakes, i can almost guarentee you played as tight as a ducks ar$e, but the more you keep dipping your feet in the easier it becomes.

Re: The Mole A question on tournament play steph, what do you find the biggest difference with regards the play in a big buy-in tourney to a small buy-in, and do you find it difficult to adjust. Obviously you must find the standard in the v-roll sats to be high judging by the number of PL,ers who play in it;).

A question on tournament play steph, what do you find the biggest difference with regards the play in a big buy-in tourney to a small buy-in, and do you find it difficult to adjust. Obviously you must find the standard in the v-roll sats to be high judging by the number of PL,ers who play in it;).
For me personally its motivation, i find i dont take some tourneys very serious ( but brian has changed that). I have never had any problems adjusting to whatevr i'm doing. The standard in a big buy in tourney's is usually very good as everyone is highly motivated. I still see them as fun and treat my tours as mini breaks. Next year i am going to apply myself much more and give the tourneys my best shot, i am sure with a bit of luck i have the game to win at least one. The standard of PL players is good but i feel some players underestimate themselves, whether you are playing cash, stt's or mtt's you must always push yourself and keep progressing.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Mole After a couple of weeks off for xmas and new year i decided to get back to the poker at the weekend. 1st day back i felt i was playing pretty weak and struggled in that session.Yesterday i felt back to normal, finishing 3rd in the high rollers tourney (2150 euro) and doing ok on cash. just wondered how do you feel after a break? I was thinking too much about winning and not losing so therefore i struggled and i think thats what a few players do on here, it is something you must erradicate from your game or it will always be an up hill struggle

After a couple of weeks off for xmas and new year i decided to get back to the poker at the weekend. 1st day back i felt i was playing pretty weak and struggled in that session.Yesterday i felt back to normal, finishing 3rd in the high rollers tourney (2150 euro) and doing ok on cash. just wondered how do you feel after a break? I was thinking too much about winning and not losing so therefore i struggled and i think thats what a few players do on here, it is something you must erradicate from your game or it will always be an up hill struggle
I happened to watch you play on virgin for about 10 minutes the other day, you went from 2k to 6k+ in that time :ok It was when a guy said that he misclicked the turn? That would be an interesting hand history if you have it, the board was scary as hell for you. Its good to see you had a good return when you were struggling!

Guest gazza271

Re: The Mole Steph, been looking for you the last couple of weeks but no joy :sad Hope you had a good xmas and New Year mate, you going to be back on nightly soon ? Pop into "Inspired by the Mole" thread and give me your thoughts please bud :ok

I happened to watch you play on virgin for about 10 minutes the other day, you went from 2k to 6k+ in that time :ok It was when a guy said that he misclicked the turn? That would be an interesting hand history if you have it, the board was scary as hell for you. Its good to see you had a good return when you were struggling!
Sorry mate i can't find it, but i do remember the hand. i had qq and rr 300, flop came ak3 i bet 500 got called turn j i bet 700 called river blank, i only had 450 left so didnt see the point in throwing it in as it looked like i was beat but it went check,check and i did win he had 10 10. I would have called off my 450 if he bet on the river as the pot odds were huge.

Steph, been looking for you the last couple of weeks but no joy :sad Hope you had a good xmas and New Year mate, you going to be back on nightly soon ? Pop into "Inspired by the Mole" thread and give me your thoughts please bud :ok
Yes cheers had a great time, trying to get back into the groove but i have now picked up the black death ( man flu). I will have a look in and give my opinions

Re: The Mole This was a hand i played earlier where i had identified the weak player at the table. And wanted to keep the pressure on him. What hands does he have to have to call? ***** Hand 904568667 ***** 10.00/20.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 11 January 2008 12:19:13 Table TH 321 (Real /Cash Game ) Seat 1: the_mole (1970.00) Seat 2: Verli (2805.00) Seat 3: tuu-syömää (1710.00) Seat 4: lohjes (2541.00) Seat 5: DogEatz_ (2548.04) lohjes post SB 10.00 DogEatz_ post BB 20.00 ** Deal ** the_mole [10h, 10s] Verli [N/A, N/A] tuu-syömää [N/A, N/A] lohjes [N/A, N/A] DogEatz_ [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** the_mole Raise to 80.00 Verli Fold tuu-syömää Call 80.00 lohjes Raise to 340.00 DogEatz_ Fold the_mole Call 340.00 tuu-syömää Fold *** Flop(Board): *** : [7d, Js, Kd] *** Bet Round 2 *** lohjes Bet 520.00 the_mole Raise to 1160.00 lohjes Fold *** Showdown *** : Rake: 3.00 Total Pot: 1817.00 the_mole By default Win: 1817.00 Verli Fold Win: 0.00 tuu-syömää Fold Win: 0.00 lohjes Fold Win: 0.00 DogEatz_ Fold Win: 0.00

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Mole Any views on this hand ***** Hand 925260429 ***** 25.00/50.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 25 January 2008 12:01:11 Table TH 112 (Real /Cash Game ) Seat 1: Hellblood (5835.00) Seat 2: the_mole (5047.00) Seat 3: zazimi (5543.00) Seat 4: A Tree (11769.00) Seat 5: sukatpkr (6644.00) zazimi post SB 25.00 A Tree post BB 50.00 ** Deal ** Hellblood [N/A, N/A] the_mole [6c, 6s] zazimi [N/A, N/A] A Tree [N/A, N/A] sukatpkr [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** sukatpkr Fold Hellblood Fold the_mole Raise to 150.00 zazimi Raise to 450.00 A Tree Fold the_mole Call 450.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [2h, 4d, 9s] *** Bet Round 2 *** zazimi Bet 750.00 the_mole Call 750.00 *** Turn(Board): *** : [2h, 4d, 9s, 7s] *** Bet Round 3 *** zazimi Bet 1400.00 the_mole All-in 3847.00 zazimi Call 3847.00 *** River(Board): *** : [2h, 4d, 9s, 7s, 5h] *** Showdown *** : Rake: 3.00 Total Pot: 10141.00 Hellblood Fold Win: 0.00 the_mole [6c, 6s] Pair of sixes Win: 10141.00 zazimi Fold Win: 0.00 A Tree Fold Win: 0.00 sukatpkr Fold Win: 0.00

Balls of steel :loon What did you put him on? Obviously some kind of draw......
I just felt he was trying to bully and thought the push would have been enough, but when he called i thought i was in trouble. i had decided to do this from the flop unless any real scary cards came down

Re: The Mole Yeh the flop call looks weird unless you plan to push on the turn - the flop you rightly assume hasn't hit him and the turn card is very unlikely to have helped him so everything falls into place to push on the turn. Must have a very good read to pull that off on the turn as 9/10 times it will be necessary to take the pot down on the flop with a re-raise all in there i think. Big Balls Baby.

I've shat myself just reading through this hand history. Balls of steel doesn't do you justice. If I ever get to meet you mole, I'm not going to play you at anything. :notworthy
You can check my interview out on the nutz tv you would want to play me then i look like a complete buffoon :)

You can check my interview out on the nutz tv you would want to play me then i look like a complete buffoon :)
Already seen it mate - nice try though - you nearly bluffed me into taking you on. ;) Mind you, whilst I'm never going near you if you've got a pack of cards, I could be persuaded to take you on at Dominoes - twice round the peg board at 5s and 3s for a small wager?

Any views on this hand
Having seen that you won the showdown at the end, I can only put him on 2 possible hands for calling - AK or a pair of 3's. He must have thought you were chasing a flush on the turn when the 2nd spade appeared. Or thought you were shoving with 2 high cards too. Still a pretty bad call from him IMHO. :unsure

Any views on this hand ***** Hand 925260429 ***** 25.00/50.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 25 January 2008 12:01:11 Table TH 112 (Real /Cash Game ) Seat 1: Hellblood (5835.00) Seat 2: the_mole (5047.00) Seat 3: zazimi (5543.00) Seat 4: A Tree (11769.00) Seat 5: sukatpkr (6644.00) zazimi post SB 25.00 A Tree post BB 50.00 ** Deal ** Hellblood [N/A, N/A] the_mole [6c, 6s] zazimi [N/A, N/A] A Tree [N/A, N/A] sukatpkr [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** sukatpkr Fold Hellblood Fold the_mole Raise to 150.00 zazimi Raise to 450.00 A Tree Fold the_mole Call 450.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [2h, 4d, 9s] *** Bet Round 2 *** zazimi Bet 750.00 the_mole Call 750.00 *** Turn(Board): *** : [2h, 4d, 9s, 7s] *** Bet Round 3 *** zazimi Bet 1400.00 the_mole All-in 3847.00 zazimi Call 3847.00 *** River(Board): *** : [2h, 4d, 9s, 7s, 5h] *** Showdown *** : Rake: 3.00 Total Pot: 10141.00 Hellblood Fold Win: 0.00 the_mole [6c, 6s] Pair of sixes Win: 10141.00 zazimi Fold Win: 0.00 A Tree Fold Win: 0.00 sukatpkr Fold Win: 0.00
nice win steph. think the re-raise pre flop was slightly worrying,but i would have called too with 66.his bet post flop cries out high cards to me and im a little suprised you only called(wtf do i know ;))all in raise on the turn i like very much but his call is crazy and he should have saved $2447. good to know there are nutters at these levels too,hopefully be able to sample it in the future.

nice win steph. think the re-raise pre flop was slightly worrying,but i would have called too with 66.his bet post flop cries out high cards to me and im a little suprised you only called(wtf do i know ;))all in raise on the turn i like very much but his call is crazy and he should have saved $2447. good to know there are nutters at these levels too,hopefully be able to sample it in the future.
I wouldn't say he's a nutter or the call is that crazy if his high cards are AK/AQ spades and he puts mole on a pair then he's calling for 14 outs. I guess mole knew what he had and hence the all in so he had to pay to outdraw him on the river.

Firstly the re raise PF is a move we all make with any 2 cards so you cant read too much into that (it looks strong but not always the case) couldve pushed on the flop but i know he would have pushed back and asked the question of me, so i wanted to see the turn, as it was a safe card in my eyes that was the time to move. His call if he has 2 big spades isnt ridiculous as he has committed quite a lot to the pot and has several outs. As for him being a nutter he is a massive winner at the high stakes, but some of the moves i make can be looked at as bonkers ( doesnt make me a bad player though) but only when caught out. So long as you get it right more than you get it wrong thats all that matters

Re: The Mole And to show how his style works ***** Hand 926782330 ***** 10.00/20.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 26 January 2008 13:00:52 Table TH 794 (Real /Cash Game ) Seat 2: Starkhov (7381.50) Seat 3: lyssky (3079.20) Seat 4: zazimi (1890.00) Seat 5: the_mole (3998.34) the_mole post SB 10.00 Starkhov post BB 20.00 ** Deal ** Starkhov [N/A, N/A] lyssky [N/A, N/A] zazimi [N/A, N/A] the_mole [Ac, As] *** Bet Round 1 *** lyssky Fold zazimi Raise to 80.00 the_mole Raise to 260.00 Starkhov Fold zazimi Call 260.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [7c, Ks, 5h] *** Bet Round 2 *** the_mole Bet 500.00 zazimi Call 500.00 *** Turn(Board): *** : [7c, Ks, 5h, 9s] *** Bet Round 3 *** the_mole Bet 1460.00 zazimi All-in 1130.00 *** River(Board): *** : [7c, Ks, 5h, 9s, 3s] *** Showdown *** : Rake: 3.00 Total Pot: 3797.00 Starkhov Fold Win: 0.00 lyssky Fold Win: 0.00 zazimi [9h, 7h] Two pair nines and sevens Win: 3797.00 the_mole [Ac, As] Pair of aces Win: 0.00