Flat season Horses to watch out for!

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for!

Yes' date=' lord charles was 2nd to a very impressive Ascot-bound Hoh Mike. I had backed Hoh Mike early on at 4/5, but then remembered lord charles was on "the list". It was actually more prfitable taking lord Charles for a place than backing the winner![/quote'] I did exactly that, (after eventing I know, it was last minute and only for small stakes) I wondered why no-one seem to have mentioned it was running. Still looks to be one to watch!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did exactly that, (after eventing I know, it was last minute and only for small stakes) I wondered why no-one seem to have mentioned it was running. Still looks to be one to watch!
yeah sorry Guys, it is my horse on the notebook & a very consistent performer. when it goes down a grade (perhaps next time, it will look a certainty!)

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Commando Scott came off the list and then obliged today at 7-1. As you are probably aware Pride Of Nation (CUMANI) is due to run in the Victoria Cup on Saturday. It should be close between that and Notability.

Pride of Nation 4.10 Haydock today in favour of the big race at Ascot tomorrow. Metropolitan Man 2.55 Goodw today after being pulled out yesterday at Goodwood. both have a decent chance.
Pride of Nation 1st 11/8 Metropolitan man 2nd 5-2 REVERENCE runs in the Temple stakes at Sandown Tuesday night. Ground perfect for it, drawn 13 of 13 which should be ideal & trip is also ideal. Looks a decent bet in a very competitive race. The draw is significant here as is a good position during the race, look for something that is up with the pace.

The one to pick out of yesterday was ACE OF HEARTS in the heritage handicap at Newmarket. The result said:
7 2¾:showProfile('horse','43231')'>Ace of Hearts 9-6 :showProfile('jockey','1050')'>E Ahern :showProfile('trainer','239')'>C F Wall 725/1
held up mid-division, headway when short of room over 1f out, stayed on nearest finish opened 20/1
my view was that it never tried an inch. I am convinced that a big prize awaits this horse. this season probably at Royal Ascot. it's winning mark is 96 & it needs fast ground. It ran off 102 yesterday & hopefully will drop a few pounds NTO. If this runs at Ascot on fast ground, it could be my bet of the year, as i am sure it wasnt given a hard race yesterday btn just under 3L.
2nd today just beaten 1/2L in the big Redcar race. I personally felt this would be laid out for Ascot but the significant thing today was that it was George Bakers only ride at the mtg which i didnt notice until afterwards. I still feel a big race is to come & i will be backing ante post in any ascot handicap over 1m.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! I should have said it is a bad bet rather than saying it can't win. 11/4 on a horse who hasn't even won at listed level in a group 2?? No thx. Granted ground is ideal but that win on heavy ground at Doncaster is not as good as it looks, it was running on the right side that day and hardly anything that finished behind have done anything of note. Malapropism finished 5th ffs!

I am going to stick my neck on the line here and say Reverence will not win.
Tank, sometimes your quotes are very strange to say the least! Can you advise why, as i am sure you are expecting a reply to this post. The horse has everything in its favour but is up agianst the best of its field here. I will look at the race in detail in the morning myself.

I should have said it is a bad bet rather than saying it can't win. 11/4 on a horse who hasn't even won at listed level in a group 2?? No thx. Granted ground is ideal but that win on heavy ground at Doncaster is not as good as it looks' date=' it was running on the right side that day and hardly anything that finished behind have done anything of note. Malapropism finished 5th ffs![/quote'] you beat me to it! I agree the price looks skinny & TBH will be looking to see if anything can beat it. I dug out Celtic Mill to win this last year & will be looking for something to improve to win this event.

BILLY ONE PUNCH is reported as being well handicapped by his trainer in the RFO this week - todays run in the 410 Thirsk should be interesting.
Billy One Punch runs again at Redcar today in the 5.10.

REVERENCE runs in the Temple stakes at Sandown Tuesday night. Ground perfect for it, drawn 13 of 13 which should be ideal & trip is also ideal. Looks a decent bet in a very competitive race. The draw is significant here as is a good position during the race, look for something that is up with the pace.
wins @ 9/4:ok

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! I would have really fancied Kerrys Dream tonight in the 7.10 Beverley but it has a horrible draw (1) which may have ruined its chances. It went into the notebook after both Ripon and York runs but it will need to track over from stall 1 and lose valuable ground at the beginning of the race. I know Bowles likes to take notice of the old draw advantages and being High at Beverley has a massive advantage, especially over this 5f. I think Caressed is on this list and it runs 9.10 Beverley, likely to be short price but has a great chance.