** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Flat season Horses to watch out for!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! The ground at Pontefract is described as Good, Good to Soft in places, which should just about be ok for Commando Scott. He has doen his wining over 6f so ill have a bet i think. I like San Antonio aswell though so i may split stakes between those....

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Guys, im sorry if anyone has already bet Commando Scott but i have actually decided to sit it out today. I am sure he needs the word soft in the going description, he hasnt shown much at all on good ground. Although it is good to soft in places, the weather forecast is for a dry day at Pontefract so the ground should dry out further. I am having an each way bet on San Antonio instead- see my thread. Good luck whatever you decide to do :ok

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Commando Scott finished well enough. Drawn 10 but decided to race out wide. Zomerlust was drawn 16, tracked over to the fence, took the inside and picked up really well last 2 furlongs. The horses setting the pace went too fast for their own good and faded.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Current list (referrer listed & also runs since advised) Lord Charles Bowles10 (1st 25/1, 2nd 10/1) Spoof Master Bowles10 (2nd 8/11) - scratched Reverence Bowles10 (1st 1/2) Hernando Royal Mowgli77 Hero's Worship Mowgli77 London express Mowgli77 Angel Voices AK1979 (2nd 15-8) Lightning Strike AK1979 (3rd 11/4) Boo JTW1 (7th 33-1) Estrelle Bowles10 (unpl) Metropolitain Man Bowles10 (2nd 16/1) Supercast JTW1 (unpl) needs fast 5f track, firm going & top jock Satulagi AK1979 (1st 6/4) Commando Scott AK1979 (2nd 9-2) Cursum Perficio AK1979 (unpl) Insubordinate JTW1 - next time out Sir Nod JTW1 - next time out Trojan Flight JTW1 - next time out Namroc JTW1 - next time out Ask Mowgli77 - follow Asset Danny Cash Minister of state - Danny cash Ouija Board - Mowgli77 Pride of Nation - Bowles10 (next time out) a few places since last update & some more horses added. I cant always keep up with these so please feel free to add any decs you find. I have added PRIDE OF NATIOON who was an easy winner tonight at bath. Will be interested to see where Cumani goes next.,

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Hi Bowlesy - id scrap Cusrum Pericio after todays performance, went to make his challenge about 1 1/2f from home but couldnt maintain it and ultimtaly taileed off. No obvious excusues eirhter. I agree the winner looked impresssive and is one to follow :ok

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Hi everyone, I don't like to get too involved on the flat this early into the season as I like to see some recent form before I cast my own aspirtions... I do notice that London Express is still marked down to go in either of these races today though! which makes me have a gut feeling that connections are waiting on the ground at either course - I don't think Johnston would risk it on too firm ground so it looks like it will probably go to Epsom, as the current going at Catterick is Firm whereas Epsom is described as good. Although Epsom does look like the harder race of the 2... Any thoughts mowgli ? Regards,

Heros Worship
Entered in the following races :-
:OWSize('RP_Home','http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/card.sd?race_id=405357&r_date=2006-04-25',840,650,'yes','yes','yes')'>25 Apr 2006 6:10 (Four Day) at BATH, 32 Red Online Poker Room Handicap
:OWSize('RP_Home','http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/card.sd?race_id=405548&r_date=2006-04-28',840,650,'yes','yes','yes')'>28 Apr 2006 4:35 (Five Day) at SANDOWN, Betfred 570 Shops Nationwide Handicap
London Express
Entered in the following races :-
:OWSize('RP_Home','http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/card.sd?race_id=405389&r_date=2006-04-26',840,650,'yes','yes','yes')'>26 Apr 2006 2:20 (Four Day) at EPSOM, Weatherbys Bank Blue Riband Trial Stakes (Conditions Race)
:OWSize('RP_Home','http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/card.sd?race_id=405383&r_date=2006-04-26',840,650,'yes','yes','yes')'>26 Apr 2006 3:15 (Four Day) at CATTERICK, Richmond Conditions Stakes

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! I only found out at half twelve this afternoon that it had gone to Catterick. I was quoted a price of 4/6 at this time and swerved it. I was expecting it to go to Epsom. I try to avoid backing anything at odds on and only back under 2-1 if i'm very confident. Hard to assess the form of this race or the one it ran in at Ponty because it was heavy ground at ponty and good to firm at Catterick which I expected Johnstone to avoid. It was a strange race today as London Express made the running and then got picked off by the winner. Could still be worth following and need to see how the form works out from the Ponty race. Ma y also need ground a bit softer.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Heros Worship that I put on the list runs Saturday 29th 3.30 Leicester. Expected price of around 4-1 and won well for its debut, could quite well follow up tomorrow. I should mention Antica also runs tomorrow. I saw it at Ripon when I was there and backed it. Looked well in the paddock, went down to post well and ran a good race and won. NAP in Racing Post spotlight tomorrow, have a look and see what you think.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for!

Heros Worship that I put on the list runs Saturday 29th 3.30 Leicester. Expected price of around 4-1 and won well for its debut' date= could quite well follow up tomorrow.
wins at 5/1 - well spotted Mowgli :cow

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! KAMES PARK - Semple also said that 'he should have won more races than he has ' and 'i'm hoping his attitude has improved'. Good luck BOWLES , but i think i'll just watch this one:hope

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for!

KAMES PARK - Semple also said that 'he should have won more races than he has ' and 'i'm hoping his attitude has improved'. Good luck BOWLES , but i think i'll just watch this one:hope
didnt show, fell out the stalls according to commentary. Obviously a DOG.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Pride Of Nation entered for the 5:25 Kempton 1st May and 4:30 Lingfield 3rd May. Asset entered in the 2000 Guineas 3:15 Newmarket 6th May.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Hernando Royal that I placed on this list is entered for the 5.00 Folkestone on 4th May. It was 2nd behind Hero Worship at Ponty and was doing all its best work at the end of the race. Hero Worship won yesterday at 5-1 and gives me more reason to think Hernando Royal will run a good race. I will also start my own thread with a staking plan and some discipline and will eventually be following about 25 horses at any one time.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! TROJAN FLIGHT - Ran in the 5.10 at RIPON on Saturday , the field split into 2 groups , with Trojan Flight on the far side finishing 8th overall [5th of the far side group only 2 l behind the leader on the far side [finished 2nd overall] Report says he was finishing strongly , running on in the final furlong. Worth another go i think.