** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Flat season Horses to watch out for!

Here are 2 from W Turner article in RFO this week. Lord Charles - entered 3rd Apr Ling & 6th Apr Leicester. Spoof Master - no entries as yet. Beat Rouen LTO in Brocklesbury at Redcar. Also, one that caught the eye was: Reverence trained by Eric Alston, 3rd behind Les Arcs at Redcar on seasonal re-appearance after winning 4 out of previous 5. Would need soft ground, but should get that at this time of year.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Lord Charles runs in the 2.40 at lingfield tomorrow, up against Fast freddie who was just beaten on debut last week. Early Tissue on sportinglife.com shows 14/1 on Lord Charles. If its that price, i'll take an ew shout.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for!

Lord Charles doesn't seem to be fancied at all and is out to 34 - 38 trading on Betfair. A gamble' date=' not backed up with loads of money though, in the same race on Bertie Swift (20/1 to 8/1). We'll see.;)[/quote'] Bill Turner said in his trainer profile that this would be one that is ready to race & will be fit. Interesting that he has put it into a difficult race 1st time out. 25's with most firms, has a good draw.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! 3 to keep an eye on are: Hernando Royal, Heros Worship and London Express. All ran at pontefract on Tuesday and all over 1m 2f on Heavy Ground. Hernando Royal and Heros Worship made their debuts and looked well, Hero Worship winning by 2 lengths but Hernando Royal doing some good work at the end. London Express is a 3yr old from Mark Johnstons yard, it quickened in a matter of strides and looked very classy. Full race analysis is on Racing Post website for anyone interested.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Fcuking ell Bowlesy what a start :clap Whilst trainer file is pulling out some winners for us, heres one from this weeks edition with Karl Burke:

Angel VoicesComment from Karl Burke in Trainer File - RFO: 3rd in newm maiden. Ran 3rd in a big prize money race at Leopardstown, where the runner up has since finished 2nd in a listed event at Kempton, so the form is good there, then was a close 7th from a bad draw at Newmarket. Burke says he'll be disappointed if he cant place her to win a maiden and is hoping she is listed class. Might get a fancy price as he isnt really a fashionable stable.

Also, one that caught the eye was: Reverence trained by Eric Alston, 3rd behind Les Arcs at Redcar on seasonal re-appearance after winning 4 out of previous 5. Would need soft ground, but should get that at this time of year.
runs in the 3.10 at Nottingham on Wednesday. Will be approx 5/2 fav. hopefully will get the soft ground it needs. the form is excellent & i would be hopeful of a big race.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Good shout Bowles. :) It's napped by racing post spotlight but has a tissue price of 10/11. A worthy favourite but depends if you want to get involved at odds on or if a better price is available in the morning. I personally don't like backing in 5f races, slow out of the stalls and the race is over.

Good shout Bowles. :) It's napped by racing post spotlight but has a tissue price of 10/11. A worthy favourite but depends if you want to get involved at odds on or if a better price is available in the morning. I personally don't like backing in 5f races, slow out of the stalls and the race is over.
Reverence trading at 1.67 on Betfair tonight. Worth abet if around 2.00. May give some nice prices on those others to be placed though.

Comments In RunningORTSRPR
1Reverence (3)E J Alston5 9-4 K Darley(7)D Nicholls11 9-1 E Ahern(4)R Hannon5 9-1 Dane O´Neill(5)W G M Turner6 8-12 R Miles(3)(1)J M Bradley6 9-1 tR L Moore(2)D W P Arbuthnot5 9-1 T Quinn(9)Mrs L Stubbs4 9-1 T Eaves(10)G Wragg4 8-13 S Drowne(8)R Brotherton7 9-1 P Hanagan100/182 —
:clap Well done Bowles. I left it alone because of the price, I try avoid odds on as they have cost me too much to mention. Better to have a 1-2 winner though than a 25-1 loser.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! With respect to last weeks RFO here's what KARL BURKE had to say about BOO. Had a great winter and improved on the all-weather.I'm sending him to Kempton for the ROSEBERY H'CAP at Easter and that looks the ideal race for him. The pace of the races at Lingfield has changed dramatically in the last couple of years as jockeys try to ride patiently and that simply doesn't suit BOO. I'll give him a break and bring him back for his favoured fast ground in mid-summer with aview to sending him to Dubai in the winter. The handicapper has raised him to 91 on turf after his all-weather wins but he could improve with age. Racing Post f'cst = 33-1 , with 16 runners [so far !] could be an e-w interest

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! GL jtw:ok another couple taken from some articles this week Henry Cecil's ESTRELLE has been noted on the gallops & should enjoy a decent season this year. David Simcock's METROPOLITAIN MAN is being geared up for the European Free handicap at the Craven mtg at Newmarket.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! From this weeks RFO trainer file. SUPERCAST - Won his madied at Carlisle last season and finished 4th in a Listed race in France. He was beaten juat 2l but the jockey probobly went too soon on this out and out sprinter. I'm looking at a race at Kempton this Saturday but he might not get a run. This tough sort won't stay beyond 5f and i might campaign him abroad. RUNS IN THE 4.5O KEMPTON TODAY

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! I have just bought Ahead on the flat by Mark Howard for 2006. It has 40 horses to follow for the season and then all the stable picks from the trainers. Was only 5.99 from WHSmiths and although I haven't read it yet it seems well worth its money. It has in depth write ups for the 40 horses and a section on handicappers including Reverence which Bowles tipped the other day. Worth a look.:tongue2

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! This is turning into the Trainer File thread! :lol Heres one from Stan Moores this week:

SatulagiTrainer File Stan Moore: Pleasing debut despite greenness. Moore wants to win a maiden before heading to Royal Ascot. She will be hard to beat wherever she goes next. She is the juvenile to follow most closely from my yard

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! A couple of others that are in my "notebook" are: Commando Scott - Needs ease in the ground but was only just beaten by the well treated Hail the Chief last time out and looks ready to win off a mark 5lb's lower than his last win. Cursum Perficio - Made a promising reappearance when only just beaten by Fajr, who is a horse that his stable believe to be well in.