** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Flat season Horses to watch out for!

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for!

Lord Charles runs again today 2.00 Newmarket. 11/1 with paddy power. i will have a little ew bet as the horse missed the break LTO but flew home to win. If its that fast, then it could show these a thing or 2!
an excellent run, finished 2nd to Gilded at 10/1 SP. :clap horses advised to date 3 wins 2 places 1

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SATULAGI runs in the first today at Yarmouth - 7/4 currently.
nice one AK:clap 1st @ 6/4. I recall this thread started well last year but fell away. I will stick a list up later of the horses advised to date & by whom.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Going back to yesterday's [monday] REDCAR results the draw bias had a major effect on those drawn low. In the 6f,7f and 1m races those drawn high had a major advantage. 7 f race [18 runners] - 7 out of the first 8 places went to horses drawn in double figures , the exception was INSUBORDINATE who finished 5th ,drawn 3 Comment in running from Racing Post -

5 Insubordinate
slowly into stride and behind, headway on outer halfway, ridden to chase leaders over 1f out, kept on same pace inside final furlong
------------------------------------------------------------- 6f race [17 runners] - 5 out of the first 7 were drawn in double figures , TROJAN FLIGHT [6] and SIR NOD [2] were the exceptions in 6th and 5th place respectively Comments -
5 Sir Nod
in touch, headway 2f out, ridden to lead briefly 1f out, soon headed and not quicken
6 Trojan Flight
held up in touch, headway when not clear run 2f out and again well over 1f out, stayed on inside final furlong, nearest finish
--------------------------------------------------------------- 1m race [18 runners] - First 8 out of 9 places were drawn in double figures , NAMROC [9] finished 2nd after bolting at the start. Comments -
2 Namroc
unseated rider and bolted before start, in touch, headway to lead 2f out, soon ridden, driven and headed inside final furlong, one pace
------------------------------------------------------------- If INSUBORDINATE , TROJAN FLIGHT , SIR NOD or NAMROC run in the next ,say 10 days , they could be well worth considering . IMO

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Current list (referrer listed & also runs since advised) Lord Charles Bowles10 (1st 25/1, 2nd 10/1) Spoof Master Bowles10 Reverence Bowles10 (1st 1/2) Hernando Royal Mowgli77 Hero's Worship Mowgli77 London express Mowgli77 Angel Voices AK1979 Lightning Strike AK1979 (3rd 11/4) Boo JTW1 (7th) Estrelle Bowles10 (follow through season) Metropolitain Man Bowles10 (1st time out) Supercast JTW1 Satulagi AK1979 (1st 6/4) Commando Scott AK1979 Cursum Perficio AK1979 Insubordinate JTW1 - next time out Sir Nod JTW1 - next time out Trojan Flight JTW1 - next time out Namroc JTW1 - next time out

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Current list (referrer listed & also runs since advised) Lord Charles Bowles10 (1st 25/1, 2nd 10/1) Spoof Master Bowles10 Reverence Bowles10 (1st 1/2) Hernando Royal Mowgli77 Hero's Worship Mowgli77 London express Mowgli77 Angel Voices AK1979 (2nd 15-8) Lightning Strike AK1979 (3rd 11/4) Boo JTW1 (7th 33-1) Estrelle Bowles10 (follow through season) Metropolitain Man Bowles10 (2nd 16/1) Supercast JTW1 Satulagi AK1979 (1st 6/4) Commando Scott AK1979 Cursum Perficio AK1979 Insubordinate JTW1 - next time out Sir Nod JTW1 - next time out Trojan Flight JTW1 - next time out Namroc JTW1 - next time out quite a good start with these notebook horses.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Sorry lads, i wasnt on here much yesterday and missed Angel Voices yesterday. I think she's worth keeping on the list for her next run, probably with better ground a benefit... 2 from the RFO: BILLY ONE PUNCH is reported as being well handicapped by his trainer in the RFO this week - todays run in the 410 Thirsk should be interesting. MR CELLOPHANE - Noted as a winner waiting to happen in the same publication. Got blocked in for much of the race and flew once he got a gap. Should improve on that 6th place effort. Racing Post comments: the one that caught the eye was Mr Cellophane, who was trapped at the back of the field, seemingly with nowhere to go, from a furlong and a half out until inside the final furlong, but then picked up in style once he saw daylight. A half-brother to the stable's prolific winner Fruit Of Glory, he is well worth bearing in mind for a similar race.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! SUPERCAST might be worth an e-w punt today . He's in taking a drop in class today [ from 2 to 3] , has dropped 6lbs in the last 4 races 89 down to 83 , has Dean Mckepwn on board - 6 wins from 30 - 20% strike rate for trainer and Trainer J.S MOOORE has had 4 wins from 17 runners

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! I don't know if you saw ASK run other day Bowles. Stoute/Kinane partnership. It travelled well and was trying to get rail position but the horse that was 2nd moved across. Kinane had to check his run, lost momentum but then finished like a train to take 3rd. An unlucky loser in my opinion and may have caught the winner. I'll be following this one all season and think it will win at a decent price.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Can't believe ASSET hasn't made the shortlist. I saw it win on 1st April at Kempton, won easily and quickened very nicely. Was also mentioned by Pricewise for the 2000 Guineas in May. You can still get around 20-1 for him. Wants fast ground. Danny

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Heros Worship

Entered in the following races :-
25 Apr 2006 6:10 (Four Day) at BATH, 32 Red Online Poker Room Handicap
28 Apr 2006 4:35 (Five Day) at SANDOWN, Betfred 570 Shops Nationwide Handicap
London Express
Entered in the following races :-
26 Apr 2006 2:20 (Four Day) at EPSOM, Weatherbys Bank Blue Riband Trial Stakes (Conditions Race)
26 Apr 2006 3:15 (Four Day) at CATTERICK, Richmond Conditions Stakes

Can't believe ASSET hasn't made the shortlist. I saw it win on 1st April at Kempton, won easily and quickened very nicely. Was also mentioned by Pricewise for the 2000 Guineas in May. You can still get around 20-1 for him. Wants fast ground. Danny
DC, its up to you to put these up, as its an open thread. If you want asset in there, it will go in there.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! And Ouija Board after todays performance. If Dettori had got a better racing position it would have won without a doubt. He gave the other horses first run and had to make up around 8-10 lengths. You can't help but be impressed at how this horse quickens and it only got beat by a head/short head. It will pick up some good prizes this season and shows it is worth keeping older horses in training. Falbrav also highlighted this.

Commando scott runs tomorrow 3.10 ponte. AK - what do you think?
I'll have a proper look tomorrow morning mate but 1st impressions are that eh could do with the ground easing up - ill post tomorrow :ok

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Just watched the race on the Racing Post's website , although he reared at the start, was never in the race at all. I think this is one of those who does have a race in him but when could prove expensive!! His win last season was on g-firm [when ridden by J SPENCER ] and maybe thats what he needs ? I think that should maybe be the criteria to next have a bet on - a fast 5f track on firm going with a top jock on board