Flat season Horses to watch out for!

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for!

Don't know if you've already spotted this but Lord Charles is entered in the 1.50 Chester tomorrow.
well spotted, also has the No.1 berth so should go well in a decent race. EW looks the ideal bet.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Current list (referrer listed & also runs since advised) All That And More Danny Cash (not soft ground) Crimson King Bowles10 (AW) Cross the line Bowles10 (AW) Lord Charles Bowles10 (1st 25/1, 2nd 10/1) Reverence Bowles10 (1st 1/2, 4th 10/1) Hernando Royal Mowgli77 Hero's Worship Mowgli77 (1st 5-1) London express Mowgli77 (2nd,4th) Angel Voices AK1979 (2nd 15-8) Lightning Strike AK1979 Boo JTW1 (7th 33-1) Estrelle Bowles10 (unpl, unpl) Metropolitain Man Bowles10 (2nd 16/1) Supercast JTW1 (unpl) needs fast 5f track, firm going & top jock Satulagi AK1979 (1st 6/4) Insubordinate JTW1 (3rd) Sierra Vista Bowles10 (5furlongs) Sir Nod JTW1 - next time out Tears of a Clown Bowles10 (AW) Ask Mowgli77 - follow Asset Danny Cash Minister of state - Danny cash Ouija Board - Mowgli77 Pride of Nation - Bowles10 (next time out) Mobaasher - Bowles10 (should win a maiden) Princess Nada Mowgli77 Caressed Mowgli77 Spirit Rising tank Maeastro Tax Free AK1979 (sprinter to be followed) Seargent Cecil Sensibleboy John Keats Sensibleboy Riyalma Mowgli77 (stoute horse) DandyMan DannyCash (firm ground) Violet park DannyCash (needs cut) Munsef DannyCash Conquest DannyCash please advise how the horse ran if you notice it, price etc then i can update the above. if anyone has time perhaps they can put the above into a table in alphabetical order? Any horses to scratch let me know.

All That And More Danny Cash (not soft ground)

Angel Voices AK1979 (2nd 15-8)

Ask Mowgli77 - follow

Asset Danny Cash

Boo JTW1 (7th 33-1)

Caressed Mowgli77

Conquest DannyCash

Crimson King Bowles10 (AW)

Cross the line Bowles10 (AW)

DandyMan DannyCash (firm ground)

Estrelle Bowles10 (unpl, unpl)

Hernando Royal Mowgli77

Hero's Worship Mowgli77 (1st 5-1)

Insubordinate JTW1 (3rd)

John Keats Sensibleboy

Lightning Strike AK1979

London express Mowgli77 (2nd,4th)

Lord Charles Bowles10 (1st 25/1, 2nd 10/1)

Metropolitain Man Bowles10 (2nd 16/1)

Minister of state - Danny cash

Mobaasher - Bowles10 (should win a maiden)

Munsef DannyCash

Ouija Board - Mowgli77

Pride of Nation - Bowles10 (next time out)

Princess Nada Mowgli77

Reverence Bowles10 (1st 1/2, 4th 10/1)

Riyalma Mowgli77 (stoute horse)

Satulagi AK1979 (1st 6/4)

Seargent Cecil Sensibleboy

Sierra Vista Bowles10 (5furlongs)

Sir Nod JTW1 - next time out

Spirit Rising tank Maeastro

Supercast JTW1 (unpl) needs fast 5f track, firm going & top jock

Tax Free AK1979 (sprinter to be followed)

Tears of a Clown Bowles10 (AW)

Violet park DannyCash (needs cut)

---------------------------------------------------------------------- I just put them all in Excel and used the A/Z to list them alphabetically. It's easier to check them against runners index like that. Hope that helps mate.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Well a bit late, but here's my sprint handicappers to follow: most make my list because they have done well from a poor stalls position (or the jockey chose the wrong side) usually finishing at least 2L in front of the other unfortunates. They are scratched if they: win; are raised 3lb - bet only over 5-6f in handicaps and not on sand. Dorn Dancer: ran a blinder at Nottingham (jockey chose wrong side) then went on to lead the badly drawn side at Hamilton bhb = [64] Final Tune: only 5 runs to date - first home on the stands side at Newcastle on h'cap debut [65] Golden Asha: raced wide at Beverley 2 runs ago, didn't show on sand then ran a fine race in 4th at Newmarket: likely to be raised 3lb for that run and needs 6f ideally [80] Lake Chini: ran well from a double-figure stall at Leicester over 6f [77] Resplendent Nova: ran from poor draw/jockey at Windsor (lots of subsequent successes from here) needs 6f has come down in the weights [68] Sir Nod: see JTW1's post [78] Trojan Flight: see JTW1's post, has tried 7f lately without success - worth a cautious bet over 6f [75] i'd be interested to hear from anyone else who uses a similar selection process...

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Cheers Mowgli for doing that list. looks like more to add from Collette! today MOBAASHER runs in the 4pm Chester. I thought it ran a bit green 1st time out, so not sure Chester is right for it, as it looked a big horse. Won't be on it today but will hope it wins.

Cheers Mowgli for doing that list. looks like more to add from Collette! today MOBAASHER runs in the 4pm Chester. I thought it ran a bit green 1st time out, so not sure Chester is right for it, as it looked a big horse. Won't be on it today but will hope it wins.
2nd today 2/1 :(

He's shown good speed on the gallops and we hope he'll put up a good performance tomorrow, the jockey will be under instructions to not show him the whip unless he feels he's in with a chance in the final furlong. We are looking for Mylos' first run to be an enjoyable experience for him and we will be very pleased with a mid field finish on his debut. Comments for my horse tomorrow, I reckon I will be keeping my powder dry, well might have a small e/w.

Dorn Dancer: ran a blinder at Nottingham (jockey chose wrong side) then went on to lead the badly drawn side at Hamilton bhb = [64]
Runs over favoured 6f at the trainer's favourite local track: 8.15 Thirsk Saturday. Drawn 9 of 20. The draw advantage fluctuates here - but in big fields like this they generally split into 2 groups and the far side (low numbers) have fared best. EW

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Saturday 1.25 Newmarket MINISTER OF STATE forecast @ 4/5 - win bet only Also ... 2.10 Lingfield TAGULA SUNRISE forecast 12/1 - each way bet unlucky last time out.

Saturday 1.25 Newmarket MINISTER OF STATE forecast @ 4/5 - win bet only Also ... 2.10 Lingfield TAGULA SUNRISE forecast 12/1 - each way bet unlucky last time out.
Sierra Vista runs 3.45 Bev (not won before June in its career so may need a couple more runs yet) Dorn Dancer runs 8.15 Thirsk (not sure about this one although Barker is sure it can win a race).

DORN DANCER is described as the unluckiest sprinter in racing in the RP today :lol Im going in each way on him tonight. Approx 10/1
I just can't believe P Makin chose to go over to the slow side :unsure what do these jockeys know about tracks? well it stays on the list unless raised in the weights....

I just can't believe P Makin chose to go over to the slow side
You are joking?? Why cant some of these jockeys do their homework? if ordinary punters like us are aware of draw biases then the jockeys should be up to speed too... like you say, one to keep on the list. Well done on the prize btw ;)

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Sierra Vista ran well to finish 2nd, the others were unplaced from Saturday. I am convinced Sierra Vista will win a decent race this year but the stat showed the horse has never won before June in its career. The one to pick out of yesterday was ACE OF HEARTS in the heritage handicap at Newmarket. The result said:

7 2¾Ace of Hearts 9-6 E Ahern C F Wall 725/1
held up mid-division, headway when short of room over 1f out, stayed on nearest finish opened 20/1
my view was that it never tried an inch. I am convinced that a big prize awaits this horse. this season probably at Royal Ascot. it's winning mark is 96 & it needs fast ground. It ran off 102 yesterday & hopefully will drop a few pounds NTO. If this runs at Ascot on fast ground, it could be my bet of the year, as i am sure it wasnt given a hard race yesterday btn just under 3L.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! INSUBORDINATE ran in 4.20 at NEWCASTLE today and managed to beat 1 home!! Probobly didn't have a great chance with the draw , but it's 3 strikes and out for me with this one. Thankfully i missed it , hope everyone else did!!

Tears of a clown runs today in the 4.55 York. Looks to have a decent chance on debut on turf. Won so easily LTO on the AW. Around 7/2.
Tears of a clown 3rd today - not a bad run first time on turf.

Well a bit late, but here's my sprint handicappers to follow: most make my list because they have done well from a poor stalls position (or the jockey chose the wrong side) usually finishing at least 2L in front of the other unfortunates. They are scratched if they: win; are raised 3lb - bet only over 5-6f in handicaps and not on sand. Dorn Dancer: ran a blinder at Nottingham (jockey chose wrong side) then went on to lead the badly drawn side at Hamilton bhb = [64] Final Tune: only 5 runs to date - first home on the stands side at Newcastle on h'cap debut [65] Golden Asha: raced wide at Beverley 2 runs ago, didn't show on sand then ran a fine race in 4th at Newmarket: likely to be raised 3lb for that run and needs 6f ideally [80] Lake Chini: ran well from a double-figure stall at Leicester over 6f [77] Resplendent Nova: ran from poor draw/jockey at Windsor (lots of subsequent successes from here) needs 6f has come down in the weights [68] Sir Nod: see JTW1's post [78] Trojan Flight: see JTW1's post, has tried 7f lately without success - worth a cautious bet over 6f [75] i'd be interested to hear from anyone else who uses a similar selection process...
forgot to add Desert Opal [62] and Inter Vision [86] Dorn Dancer and Desert Opal run in the 9pm Carlisle tonight and Lake Chini runs in the 3.30 Newbury Friday

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! My two run today folks. 2.45 York - Sergeant Cecil Would have liked better ground to be honest but is as game as they come and will be running on at the end. 6.55 Hamilton - John Keats Very interesting runner and I think it will win tonight folks.

Re: Flat season Horses to watch out for! Yes, lord charles was 2nd to a very impressive Ascot-bound Hoh Mike. I had backed Hoh Mike early on at 4/5, but then remembered lord charles was on "the list". It was actually more prfitable taking lord Charles for a place than backing the winner!