** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please..

Big Andy

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Well you're playing fenners Billy as he's just beat me 2-1 After the first game took about 30 seconds, we've played 2 more games over the next 2 hours. Both games were very up and down but in the end, fenners takes the plaudits. Well played mate and fantastic recovery in the last. :clap Thought I had u there! I hate flush draws! :sad

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. well played mate not sure how I managed to win at one time almost lost the will to live the blinds take so long to go up its not worth trying to steal so its ages b4 we both have something to both bet some chips

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please..

Betfred has come on leaps and bounds since the early days. It is however severely let down by one thing ......... that bl@@dy carpet!!!!! :tongue2 That should be changed in the next upgrade as a matter of priority!!! ;)
Thanks for the kind words mate, but that capet is one of CarpetWorlds finest shagpiles! Very expensive but we got it in the clearance section. :lol We are still a pretty new poker company but have exploded in my eyes onto the web and everything is now running pretty smoothly. At first i think there were a few problems but they have been ironed out now. Touch wood! Thanks for playing and good Luck in the tourney!
During my game with Jaded I kept getting a message flashing up in a box that said "Internet Explorer Script Error." And then asked me if I wanted to continue running scripts on this page. This only ever happens on Betfred for some reason. Martyn (or anyone else) do you know why this is? I'm guessing it's a problem at my end. Be nice to sort it out though as it's a bit of a pain having to get rid of the message every thirty seconds or so. It's also preventing me playing regularly at Betfred. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Weird thing is I don't even use internet explorer as I'm a AOL customer.
I have our poker team looking into this now for you, i can only think of 2 things from the top of my head... 1. You may have some kind of virus causing the error message? 2. You said you use AOL! :wall I will get back to you with a proper response later. :D

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Oh dear. I think some one is playing silly buggers. We have someone who allegedly works for a poker site who appears to not blame a customers PC for any problems, but also has a sense of humour. I personally do not believe that such a person exists. :lol :lol :lol (Now what I want to know is who you were in the hallowe'en special - I'm guessing Damien):tongue2

Oh dear. I think some one is playing silly buggers. We have someone who allegedly works for a poker site who appears to not blame a customers PC for any problems, but also has a sense of humour. I personally do not believe that such a person exists. :lol :lol :lol (Now what I want to know is who you were in the hallowe'en special - I'm guessing Damien):tongue2
:lol :rollin Valiant, I can confirm "Martyn@BF" is a real person, just like Santa Claus :ok

Oh dear. I think some one is playing silly buggers. We have someone who allegedly works for a poker site who appears to not blame a customers PC for any problems, but also has a sense of humour. I personally do not believe that such a person exists. :lol :lol :lol (Now what I want to know is who you were in the hallowe'en special - I'm guessing Damien):tongue2
Maybe i am one of a kind or a strange breed but like Andy says, I am real and I do work for Betfred, Paul and a few others will vouch for me..... :unsure Your guess was wrong, i was much better than that Damien guy! I was Chuckie, I dished out plenty of abuse on a lot of the tables so you may have seen me about if i did not play you? I was second to last to go out from all 5 celebs so didnt do to bad. Where did you finish?

Just beat kip 2-0, but I had unreal luck. Every time I got a good hand he also had a good (but not quite as good) hand, so I got the maximum out of it. Unlucky, kip!
By the way, I've decided I love pocket tens.

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Tournament Update Well the top half of the draw has made very quick progress and all of round 1 matches have been completed. There is already 1 Quarter-Final match up decided. Progress in the bottom half has not been so quick however, There are still two 1st round matches to be completed (pistonbroke v guesswest and GazBlades v gazabroad). Just a reminder, there is just under 48 hours remaining for these Round 1 matches to be completed (deadline Wednesday @ 18.00hrs). Best of Luck to those still involved :ok

Maybe i am one of a kind or a strange breed but like Andy says, I am real and I do work for Betfred, Paul and a few others will vouch for me..... :unsure Your guess was wrong, i was much better than that Damien guy! I was Chuckie, I dished out plenty of abuse on a lot of the tables so you may have seen me about if i did not play you? I was second to last to go out from all 5 celebs so didnt do to bad. Where did you finish?
:lol :lol :lol No probs Martyn, I was just kidding as I've had 'slight' issues with another poker site (details on here somewhere). I thought that Hallowe'en tourney was a good laugh, but had BFDamien (whilst I'm sure you're the better player I think he lasted longer) on my table for quite a while and never realised how much sh't you guys had to put up with in these events. Anyhow I did rubbish, but had a good laugh. And thanks for helping us with this tourney. :clap

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Can I echo the thanks, Martyn? We were originally going to play this on the Ladbrokes play money tables, but when I had a practice game against GaF?, it was a hassle getting a table and when we did I was very disappointed (not just because I lost): the blinds rose every 10 hands, which made it a bit of a lottery (i.e., I lost). There have been some comments about the slow rate of blind raises on Betfred, but I don't think any of them were really critical. I like the structure (i.e., I won): it gives you time to get inside the mind of your opponent (or in my case, delude yourself that you're getting inside the mind of your opponent), which is what heads-up poker is all about, and I think that's appropriate for a serious (roll.gif) and prestigious (roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif) tournament like this. I'll certainly be much more inclined to play at Betfred after this ... despite the carpet. Don't suppose you can persuade your horse-racing boys to increase my betting limits? wink2.gif

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. NIGWAFC 0 Danny Cash 2 Unlucky Nigel mate, think the last game was decided on one hand really... KJ v KQ K, J and Q all on the board.... Thanks for a good match! :ok DC

Sorry but we have had a bit of a problem finding time to play that suits us both. Just came home to find tonights game cancelled. We are gonna play wed if thats alright?
What time are you playing, guys? Not that I want to watch to size you up for the next round or anything ...