PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please..

Big Andy

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Hi Martyn Thanks for dropping in, and to echo what everyone else has said - a big thank-you to you and everyone else at Betfred for sorting this out for us. I contacted Sporting Odds to see if they would help (and they forwarded the queation on to someone who didn't even bother to reply to me!!!). I know Ladbrokes were contacted as well, but presumably they wouldn't help - it was Betfred to the rescue!!! :ok I mentioned the blind structure earlier - but it was an observation, not a complaint - indeed, the longer blinds make it more like poker and less of a cr@pshoot. You ask who's gonna win - well I think the two main front runners will be Sheedy Freekick and Norfolk Enchance - they both had some great heads-up battles (and success) in our league games. They're in different halves of the draw - so I reckon they'll be the final!!

If you have any feedback on the site let me know it would be good to hear!
Betfred has come on leaps and bounds since the early days. It is however severely let down by one thing ......... that bl@@dy carpet!!!!! :tongue2 That should be changed in the next upgrade as a matter of priority!!! ;)

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Desperate bluff of all in with 84s when short stacked saw an 8 on the flop and another on the turn - then a 7 on the river to join Run's 77 for a full house. Good game, and a fully deserved win by Run DMC :)

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Cheers mate. Not sure about fully deserved. You ran rings around me in the first game. In the second and third I was just waiting for an all-in opportunity. Thanks for the game anyway. Enjoyed it a lot. Oh, should probably confirm the score was Jaded 1-2 RunDmc.

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Good point on confirming the score Run, thanks. Think you definitely deserved it overall, I played well in game 1 but got a bit overconfident! I really enjoyed it, would def be interested in another one in the future! Thanks also to Andy for organising the tourney, and I suppose to slapdash for the prize money, although it's not something I'm particularly bothered about - surely we could just play for bragging rights? :rollin :rollin :rollin J/k mate, as I said before, fantastic gesture from you, and shows what a great, friendly site this is.

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. During my game with Jaded I kept getting a message flashing up in a box that said "Internet Explorer Script Error." And then asked me if I wanted to continue running scripts on this page. This only ever happens on Betfred for some reason. Martyn (or anyone else) do you know why this is? I'm guessing it's a problem at my end. Be nice to sort it out though as it's a bit of a pain having to get rid of the message every thirty seconds or so. It's also preventing me playing regularly at Betfred. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Weird thing is I don't even use internet explorer as I'm a AOL customer.

Guest gazza271

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. well played mate, felt good about 1st game but felt my inexperiance showed through and it was a comftable win for Norfolk in the 2nd.:clap Good luck for rest of tournament and thanks to everyone involved in setting up the tournament:clap :clap :clap

Guest gazza271

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please..

myself and swampster have arranged to play our game at 11pm tonight.
I'm gonna watch, GL to you both

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. after a right old slog i`ve just edged swampster out by 2 to 1. 1st game was a toughie where I just edged it. 2nd was a stroll for swampster in a matter of seconds, even though the 2 crucial hands that decided the game I was holding pocket Kings and pocket Jacks. :\ 3rd was another toughie but 1 massive hand for me when I hit a straight on the turn. thanks for a great game swampster :ok

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. So when do you want our match-up, Big Andy? I'd say right now is perfectly fine but I'm currently playing the £500 freeroll over at William Hill (I'm a stingy bugger ain't I? :lol) and Saturday night I'm guessing most of us are playing the Saturday night freerolls. Same conditions as I said to runadrum. Weekdays 12am to 4pm but weekends all day, fine. EDIT: Fook it. I've just been knocked out of the William Hill tourney. If you wanna do it now, you'll never have a better opportunity to beat a man on tilt (got most of my money in with AA against someone who called with a pair of 7s....and they get a 7 on the flop! :().

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please..

So when do you want our match-up, Big Andy? I'd say right now is perfectly fine but I'm currently playing the £500 freeroll over at William Hill (I'm a stingy bugger ain't I? :lol) and Saturday night I'm guessing most of us are playing the Saturday night freerolls. Same conditions as I said to runadrum. Weekdays 12am to 4pm but weekends all day, fine.
hows about 10 pm tomorrow (saturday) night mate ?

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. went down 2-1 to LegendKiller - last game very quick - I had my two pair b4 river and didn't bet high enuff to scare him off - he hit his K to give him his 2nd pair and the rest is history :cry Congrats LK :clap - good luck in the next one .....