Racing Chat - Saturday 27th July

Can pop any ratings for weekend in here ......I'd already the king George 

Continuous  497 1.11 10/1 

Luxembourg. 493 1.08 10/1 

August Rodin. 483 0.35 5/4 

Sunway. 478. 1.06  10/1 

Currently ....August Rodin looks terrible value back up to 12f ....I think he's better at 10f ....  So continuous and 2nd string Luxembourg look the value bets with a run ....but will he run all 3 ??

Subject to running .....

150 ascot 

Bountiful 406 6/1 0.60 

Simmering  393 9/4 0.27 poor 

Magic mild  385 25/1 1.97 excellent 

Going live with bets Saturday ....so good race to start as long as all run ....1 PT Ew bountiful because top of form  .....value bet is magic mild who has been way overpriced by bookies ....also 1 PT Ew 

Edited by richard-westwood

Bless Him                                                           3 00 Asc/                1/40th   of a pt ew    40/1

Fivethousandtone                                             3 00 Asc/               1/40th    of a pt ew   33/1

Call Me Ginger                                                   5 25 Asc/               1/40th    of a pt ew   28/1

Thornbroook                                                     2 25 Asc/                1/40th   of a pt ew   18/1

Dapper Valley                                                    2 40 Asc/                1/40th   of a pt ew   25/1

Arecibo                                                               5 20 Chs/                1/40th  of a pt ew    16/1

Edited by black rabbit

14 minutes ago, black rabbit said:

Bless Him                                                           3 00 Asc/                1/40th   of a pt ew    40/1

Witch Hunter                                                     3 00 Asc/                1/40th of a pt ew      33/1

That's my last race to rate ....just holding for final decs 

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

225 ascot 

Sirona  393. 6/1 0.60  

Friendly soul 382  6/1 0.50 

Mr soprano  375. 4/1 0.35 

Julia Augusta  370 40/1 3.0 excellent 

Doom 370 12.0 1.01 

The generous 6/1 Ew on sirona looks the best bet here .....it's a pity there is only 3 places because Julia Augusta is way overpriced but I'm not sure can sneak a place given strength of opposition ....just the one bet 

Increase stake to 2pt Ew 

2 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Subject to running .....

150 ascot 

Bountiful 406 6/1 0.60 

Going live with bets Saturday ....so good race to start as long as all run ....1 PT Ew bountiful because top of form  .....value bet is magic mild who has been way overpriced by bookies ....also 1 PT Ew 

Increase stake to 2pt Ew both 

On 7/23/2024 at 8:10 PM, richard-westwood said:

Sunway. 478. 1.06  10/1 

Currently ....August Rodin looks terrible value back up to 12f ....I think he's better at 10f ....  So continuous and 2nd string Luxembourg look the value bets with a run ....but will he run all 3 ??

Looks like continuous out ....Luxembourg takes his chance so is the value bet ....2pt Ew 10/1 

Subject to running .....

150 ascot 

Bountiful 406 6/1 0.60 

Scrub this race ...cut up 

• The Brigadier changed the title to Racing Chat - Saturday 27th July
Ascot 1.50
The first of seven races brought to us by our friends at ITV is this 6F Group 3 Sodexo Live! Princess Margaret Stakes for two year old fillies and represents the best bet of those seven in the shape of the Ollie Sangster trained Simmering. She went off favourite on her racecourse debut when finishing third in a York novices stakes that has worked out well prior to a terrific effort when beating all bar the fast finishing Aidan O’Brien winner Fairy Godmother, going down by just half a length, in the Group 3 Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot and looks poised to go one better today with Ryan Moore in the saddle. The form of the that race has worked out very well since with the 3rd and 4th finishing 2nd and 3rd in a Group 2 since with the 5th placing in two Group races and the 6th also winning. The form of last time out winners Definitive, Handcuffed and Alice Fairfax hasn’t worked out well although they can only beat what’s put in front of them so maybe Mandurah is the one to chase home Shimmering who is a strong fancy.

SHIMMERING 2 points win @ 2/1 BetVictor

York 2.05
The first of three races from the Knavesmire televised by the ITV cameras is this 5F “jump jockey’s Nunthorpe” run over 5F in which the horses are to be ridden by jump jockeys. To be honest the race itself wouldn’t be out of place at Catterick on a weekday but there’s always a winner to be found and in Soul Seeker I may have found him. Trained by the very much in form David O’Meara and ridden by Michael Nolan the horse has won this race in 2021 and 2023, latterly under today’s pilot. He’s 2lb higher than his mark last year but 7lb lower than when winning at Haydock later that season. He’s not shown much in six starts this season but you get the impression he may well have been trained for this and he looks a value small stakes bet.

SOUL SEEKER 1 point each way @ 12/1 bet465 1/5th 12345

Ascot 2.25
The Group 3 Longines Valiant Stakes is a Group 3 race for fillies and mares and has attracted a field of eight. The elders beat the three year olds last year but the three representatives of the classic generation appeal most this year. The pick is the Charlie Appleby trained Devoted Queen who is unbeaten in three starts and missed Royal Ascot with a knock on the morning of the race. She was last seen winning at York in listed company in May beating subsequent listed winner Spiritual by two lengths with another listed winner Bright Thunder back in fourth. Official ratings have her 5lb off of the three highest rated in Sirona, Friendly Soul and Soprano but she’s done little wrong in her short career and with the stable in good form and William Buick in the saddle can take this before stepping up in class.

DEVOTED QUEEN 1 Pont win @ 11/4 bet365

York 2.40
Fourteen sprint handicappers enter the stalls for this class 2 Skybet Dash Handicap run over 6F. A case can be made for quite a few here with Charlie Hills’s treble seeking Trefor looking the right favourite even if he does looks short enough. Better value may lie with the Karl Burke trained, Clifford Lee ridden five year old Silkie Wilkie who can race off of his last winning mark and looking last time out as though he was nearing his peak. It was a better race than this at Hamilton last week in which he was run down later by the ultra consistent Jordan Electrics and if in the same mood can run a big race for a combination that struck at Naas in the week in listed company with Miss Lamai.

SILKIE WILKIE 1 point each way @ 6/1 bet365 1/5th 1234

Ascot 3.00
The big handicap of the day is the eighteen runner (which is a bit disappointing as the maximum amount of runners was 29) 7F Moët & Chandon International Stakes Handicap. Last years race (and the Buckingham Palace Stakes run over course and distance last month) showed a marked advantage to be drawn towards the stands side and high numbers so we’ll concentrate on them and go with Michael Appleby’s Billyjo who had a few of these behind when runner up to the handicap snip English Oak at Royal Ascot in the Buckingham Palace Stakes. That was the four year old grey’s first run at 7F which obviously suited and he looks the value here especially when you consider he finished a length ahead of the current favourite Carrytheone and although 2lb worse off can confirm the form from what may turn out to be a favourable draw exiting from stall 15 under Rossa Ryan. Plenty of others have chances including the aforementioned Carrytheone and Bunbury Cup winner Aalto who is also potentially well berthed in stall 14.

BILLYJO 1 point each way @ 15/2 bet365 1/5th 12345

York 3.15
Just a small field but a very intriguing one of five runners assemble for the Group 2 1M 2F 56 yards Sky Bet York Stakes. With Royal Rhyme seemingly preferring softer ground and Ancient Rome having a bit to find this may only concern the three at the head of the market. Current favourite Passenger, trained by Sir Michael Stoute, impressed at Chester on his re-appearance when defeating subsequent Royal Ascot winner Israr in the Group 2 Huxley Stakes but picks up a 3lb penalty for that victory here. Last year’s winner, the Owen Burrows trained Alflaila must go close as he’s the best in here at these weights by 4lb and was hardly disgraced when fourth on his re-appearance to Auguste Rodin in the Group 1 Prince Of Wales’s Stakes at Royal Ascot, only beaten 3 3/4L. Conditions look ideal here and he’s the selection with Harry Charlton’s King’s Gambit, an unlucky loser of the Group 3 Hampton Court Stakes looking a bigger threat than Passenger to my eyes.

ALFLAILA 1 point win @ 9/4 bet365

Ascot 3.40
The day’s feature race is the Group 1 King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Qipco Stakes run over 1M 4F. The warm favourite is the Aidan O’Brien trained Auguste Rodin who took the Group 1 Prince Of Wales’s Stakes at Royal Ascot last time although it would be quite easy to crab that form as Inspiral may not have stayed and there were many excuses for others. He went off a warm 9/4 favourite in this race last year having previously won the English and Irish Derbies but bombed out when finishing last of the ten beaten 127 lengths. He may well win this but theres too many questions to answer so at the odds he’s poor value. Bluestocking is an improver but she needs the ground to ease which looks highly unlikely and the one to be with looks to be the Charlie Appleby trained Rebel’s Romance. Rated the same as Auguste Rodin but four times the price, he’s a multiple group winner abroad having won at Doha, Meydan and Sha Tin this year in the best grade and with William Buick on board he looks the value bet.

REBELS ROMANCE 1 point each way @ 4/1 William Hill 1/5th 123

31 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

@MCLARKE @richard-westwood do you want to replicate this? @harry_rag do you want to put it together if they do?

image.png.61be075fea93041049af666d7c327bf2.png

I’m game. It would be great to get it in a spreadsheet where possible so I can just copy and paste rather than have to type. You’ve got my email address, Clarkey can see it as Admin & I’ll PM RW.

43 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

@richard-westwood “cannot receive messages” which suggests to me he’s either been a naughty boy (which seems unlikely) or has used all his capacity & needs to deletes some to free up space.

Dunno why ???...usually it's ok 

150 ascot 

Simmering. 410 13/8 0.35 

Aviation time 402 16/1 2.32 excellent 

Tales of heart 390 12/1 1.71 very good

Definitive 382 

Alice Fairfax  376 

Mandurah.  374 

Betty clover.   369 

Handcuffed.    360 

I'm out visiting family so no access to computer now ....

225 ascot 

Sirona.  393

Friendly soul. 382 

Mr soprano  375 

Julia Augusta.  370 

Doom. 370 

Devoted queen. 369

Naom laoalugia. 364 

Thorn Brook 355 

340 ascot 

Luxembourg 493 

August Rodin 483

Sunway.  478 

Rebel romance. 473 

Muddle earth.  470 

Dubai honour. 465;

Goliath.   459!

Blue stocking 459

Hans Anderson.  450

Not back til tonight ... So can't do other race  ....only 4 horses anyway so no value in race imo ?

Unless you tackle the dash 245 York ....I've already got results for that one lol 

On 7/23/2024 at 8:10 PM, richard-westwood said:

Sunway. 478. 1.06  10/1 

Ratings for the King George

HORSE RATING 
Bluestocking 91
Auguste Rodin 86
Luxembourg 85
Hans Andersen 81
Dubai Honour 80
Middle Earth 77
Goliath 73
Rebel's Romance 67
Sunway 63

17 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

image.png

@harry_rag, I'll send a spready across to you

Do you know why Sunway would be way lower ranked on yours than everyone else's? (there might be other big differences but that one caught my eye).

Edit, guessing yours doesn't include the Irish run!

Edited by yossa6133

5 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

Do you know why Sunway would be way lower ranked on yours than everyone else's? (there might be other big differences but that one caught my eye).

Edit, guessing yours doesn't include the Irish run!

Yes that's right, one issue with my ratings is that I only rate UK races so my rating for Sunway is based on it's run at Doncaster last July and doesn't account for it's subsequent runs in France and Ireland

19 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Yes that's right, one issue with my ratings is that I only rate UK races so my rating for Sunway is based on it's run at Doncaster last July and doesn't account for it's subsequent runs in France and Ireland

The run in Ireland was very significant Micheal, in fact that race is one of the fastest on my records.

Dunno why ???...usually it's ok 

150 ascot 

Simmering. 410 13/8 0.35 

Aviation time 402 16/1 2.32 excellent 

Tales of heart 390 12/1 1.71 very good

Definitive 382 

Alice Fairfax  376 

Mandurah.  374 

Betty clover.   369 

Handcuffed.    360 

I'm out visiting family so no access to computer now ....

225 ascot 

Sirona.  393

Friendly soul. 382 

Mr soprano  375 

Julia Augusta.  370 

Doom. 370 

Devoted queen. 369

Naom laoalugia. 364 

Thorn Brook 355 

340 ascot 

Luxembourg 493 

August Rodin 483

Sunway.  478 

Rebel romance. 473 

Muddle earth.  470 

Dubai honour. 465;

Goliath.   459!

Blue stocking 459

Hans Anderson.  450

Not back til tonight ... So can't do other race  ....only 4 horses anyway so no value in race imo ?

Unless you tackle the dash 245 York ....I've already got results for that one lol 

I HAVE JUST DONE THE DASH CHEF @harry_rag @MCLARKE

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

image.png.b747b8a90eea5a67866815a51e1082f8.png

@harry_rag

Silkie wilkie. 441 

Korker. 433 

Ferrous  424 

Radio goo   422 

Badri. 420 

Bergerac. 417 

Dapper valley 415

Trefor 415