** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis Tips - April 29 - May 5

Elena Rybakina to win WTA Madrid 2024 at 4.50 with Bet365

I've seen quite a few matches in Madrid, and I think that Rybakina has been the best player so far. Looking very comfortable out there, has all the momentum in the world, and she beat Swiatek last time out as well. At 4.50, I'm happy to take the punt, especially with Sabalenka and Collins facing each other in this round.

Swiatek - Sorribes Tormo 

in this tournament Sorribes Tormo won her last 3 matchs in straight sets as a 2,30 ; 2,80 and 3.05 underdog 

Purely on her form from those 3 matchs (and playing at home) i'll take her to win at least 4,5 games at 1,75 and at least 5,5 games at 2.25 

2 hours ago, 888888 said:

Swiatek - Sorribes Tormo 

in this tournament Sorribes Tormo won her last 3 matchs in straight sets as a 2,30 ; 2,80 and 3.05 underdog 

Purely on her form from those 3 matchs (and playing at home) i'll take her to win at least 4,5 games at 1,75 and at least 5,5 games at 2.25 

awful and pathetic wishful thinking  , she got absolutely slaughtered and humiliated

What an effort from Putintseva lol.

Alize Cornet to beat Fiona Ferro at 2.23 with Unibet

Cornet is into her last few tournaments now, and, back on her own soil and on a lower level than usual, I think she can muster some strength and get a couple of wins. I saw Ferro against Davis and it was a very messy match, with both players struggling with the conditions. I see this as a 50/50 coin-flip, perhaps Cornet being a very slight fav.

Mayar Sherif (+1.5 sets) to beat Emma Navarro at 1.98 with Unibet

The tournament conditions are tough this week in both Saint Malo and Lleida, and I've liked Sherif's grit so far. Navarro has a much higher ceiling than her, but she can sometimes go walkabouts when things aren't going her way, and Sherif knows how to help that, plus she leads the H2H 2-0, so she should be confident of getting a result. I like the set handicap here.

On 4/29/2024 at 12:36 PM, 888888 said:

awful and pathetic wishful thinking  , she got absolutely slaughtered and humiliated

Why didn't you post your opinion before the match? Why wait until the result was in before gobbing off?

Maria Camila Osorio @-145 to beat Frech

Frech had a some tough matches this year already, and I don't believe she is in top form. Osorio has the better win rate on clay courts, and is probably the much higher rated prospect of the two. She also holds 2-1 h2h, and this is their first match on clay. I believe she wants to prove a point. Not a good price, but this is what I'm betting this morning as I'm sitting on other sport event futures. 

Naef Young girl from Switzerland. I was expecting her to win the match today in France, but I wouldn't dare bet it. I watched some highlights of her, and she has a big serve and hard aggressive baseline shots. Someone to look out for, and is probably headed for the top 40. 

Someone correct me if i'm wrong about that because I'm just finding about her today. 

sup @four-leaf You don't understand the odds either? I saw Cornet playing well earlier in the year, and then Czech is backing her like yesterday who follows those kind of players. She wins relatively convincingly imo after the first set, and there is money coming in now on Alize Cornet also. I have already backed Cornet at better odds than this current market when the line opened.

I saw a few points of the Boisson young lady from a match last year, but nothing in this tournament. She looks talented, but I wasn't impressed.  Also, seen nothing from Cornet for months. So the logic isn't backed by the eye test, but sometimes a blind punt works. Better to listen to someone who payed attention to this tournament maybe. 

I did accidentally delete some of my analysis.. Not gonna rewrite it, but I feel the match is up for grabs. Boisson also lost in the semi-finals of her previous tournament vs Bondar. We can see a similar result.  Accuracy prediction of bet: 50%

Alize Cornet @odds 2.9 to win vs Lois Boisson with William Hill.

Boisson is talented, but you obviously can't back her at the low odds, you can either back Cornet or not bet at all. Unlike the players Cornet has played so far in this tournament, Boisson has beaten good players in the tricky conditions, so I prefer staying away.

The only counter argument I will make is that I don't believe Katie Volynets is playing good. And, I also don't currently rate Gracheva at all.. I think she is playing terrible many matches.. I watched the match in San Diego vs Niemeier, and she was absolutely destroyed. I don't think those are good wins. 

I did see Cornet playing with a leg wrap last month in a doubles match, and her injury history might be enough to keep me betting more on the match.. But if she is healthy.. Could be big problems. 

1 hour ago, sterziyskii said:

I would try Osorio today at 2.30 and Darderi at 1.70 and Tabilo at 1.40. Osorio had a tough match against Frech but managed to win both tiebreaks playing well. There are probably going to be a lot of breaks and might be a little risky match but I'm feeling it. 

GL on your punts brother. Hope everybody wins money today! I have alot of action in general going on.