Premier League Predictions > September 16th to 18th

harry_rag

image.png

image.png

Gird your loins, "proper" footy is back! Some intriguing games there; Everton's season could go from bad to worse when they play host to Arsenal, hopefully West Ham will give Man City a decent test and, perhaps, outperform odds of 11/2. Man U not the most appealing 23/20 shots at home to Brighton on current form. Any bets or thoughts on these games, please share them with us here.

I have been back to the drawing board this summer and made up a new betting model (this time based on linear regression). It's supposed to point out good dogs with a  handicap. Hope this one is more promising then last one 😁 (though I already loved the process).

The model predicts a Brentford +1 @1.98 as a good bet this round. So that one I take. No other bets.

I like the look of Brentford +1 on the handicap as @Charon84 has put up.

I also like the look of Bournemouth +1 @2.1.  Chelsea just can't be trusted at short odds at the moment- sure they beat Luton at home, but lost at home to Forest last time out (who I think i'm right in saying had the worst away record last season).  Bournemouth were a bit unlucky not to win at Brentford last time out, and this could be a good time to play Chelsea right after the international break.  

Until Luton can show they are capable of playing at this level, i'll be backing their opposition, especially when they are away from home.  Fulham at around 1.67 feels fairly generous.  

Home Away Model Home Hcp. Book H. Hcp.
Wolves Liverpool -0,80 1,25
Aston Villa Crystal Palace -0,22 -0,50
Manchester Utd Brighton -0,01 -0,25
Tottenham Sheffield Utd -2,26 -1,75
West Ham Manchester City 1,68 1,25
Everton Arsenal 0,57 1,00
Newcastle Utd Brentford -0,36 -1,00
Bournemouth Chelsea 0,97 0,75

This is the outcome of my betting model for this week. Matches Fulham - Luton and Nottham - Burnley don't qualify because Luton and Burnley don't have at least 4 matches of data.

For me only Wolves and Brenford stand out as a dog with an model/book difference of >0.5. But the underlying stats for Wolves - Liverpool match are unreliable due the fact that Liverpool had 2 early red cards in recent matches. So only Brentford for me as said (can't find any counter indications).

If you don't play dogs only; than Spurs is a good one apparently (surely when the line was still -1.5).

Edited by MMFloors

Wolverhampton vs Liverpool

2023-09-16T13:30+02:00

Wolverhampton

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Joseph Hodge (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Liverpool

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Trent Alexander-Arnold (4/0 d), Thiago Alcantara (0/0 m), Ibrahima Konate (2/0 d)

Suspended: Virgil van Dijk (3/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
Wolverhampton
1 home games
Liverpool
2 away games
100% Over 1.5 goals 100%
100% Over 2.5 goals 50%
100% Over 3.5 goals 0%
100% Over 4.5 goals 0%
0% Over 5.5 goals 0%
0% Under 1.5 goals 0%
0% Under 2.5 goals 50%