Racing Chat-Thursday. March 2nd.

Ludlow 1.15

An intriguing quiz of a race 

Light in the sky is well in at the weights and a gamble was foiled last time out when backed into 12s from 50/1 jockey dropped his whip on jumping the last and lost out on the long run in by a neck to Patient Dream.

Trouble is his chance might be gone.

Light in the sky deserves to win and may well do so but I'm taking him on.

He faces a host of runners now including 

WEAVERS ANSWER 

This runner was second to stablemate colonial empire in December. Third that day was barrier peaks who has since won four times.

The first of those wins was over lone star who has won three times since including yesterday.

Lone star beat Joanna I'm fine latest who has also won.

Colonial empire went on to win a class two while there have been further winners from the race in December.

WEAVERS ANSWER win without light in the sky @ 11/8. 

2.00 Newc - Vega Sicilia - Ev - 1pt - Beaten fav LTO but looks a solid selection in todays race, price a bit lower than I usually like but I'm backing this one.

-----------------

2.25 - Lud - Merry Poppins -7/1 (1/5th 3 places)

3.45 Newc - Intervention - 3/1 (1/5th 3 places)

0.5pt EW double

----------------

2pts staked

2 hours ago, Bang on said:

2.00 Newc - Vega Sicilia - Ev - 1pt - Beaten fav LTO but looks a solid selection in todays race, price a bit lower than I usually like but I'm backing this one.

-----------------

2.25 - Lud - Merry Poppins -7/1 (1/5th 3 places)

3.45 Newc - Intervention - 3/1 (1/5th 3 places)

0.5pt EW double

----------------

2pts staked

Vega Sicilia - 2nd

----

Merry Poppins 2nd 10/1

Intervention - Lost

Not quite there today  -2pts

6 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

550 chelm

Miang tien    8.0 14.0

Give,a little back  7.8 6.8 

Difficult race to rate ...chola empire is 6/4 fav but I think that's a poor price for a horse that looks relatively exposed ....so I'll try 5pt wins top 2 who look value to  take him on today 

Give a little non runner ...replace with buckshaw village 10/1 

Chelmsford 7pm

Shades of summer might well go in here but may need the run and if that is the case, the draw and any lack of effort from it would hugely benefit 

HELLO ZABEEL 

Win 

MUSIKA 

Each way

Also stands to benefit if the favourite unbeaten here and placed every run so far , misfires.

I loathe backing shorties so let's hope so....

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

1.40 Taun Moscow Spy 0.50 ew at 20/1

2.25 Lud Flying Nun 1 pt win at 6.6

4.50 NC Macho Pride 1 pt win at 8/1

Total points = 3

No luck so far

7.00 Chlm Muscika 0.50 ew at 16/1 3TBP Skybet

4 pts staked today

The old boy Muscika wins for me.  Haha, I didn't need the 3 places in the end.  At least my Skybet account has increased to £12.90 now.  Wow. I am in profit for March by 6.60 points.  My YTD is still very much negative though at -88.67, for those keeping an eye on me.  Makes me feel like a naughty schoolboy ?

5 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

The old boy Muscika wins for me.  Haha, I didn't need the 3 places in the end.  At least my Skybet account has increased to £12.90 now.  Wow. I am in profit for March by 6.60 points.  My YTD is still very much negative though at -88.67, for those keeping an eye on me.  Makes me feel like a naughty schoolboy ?

image.png.bbafa50d82cf1c7a59297b0bbd2be6c9.png

3 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Well done.  You thrive on the multiples

Not a multiple its a forecast and anyone reading form (last run fast time) would have known that wherever  muscika or jupitor express finished they would be close together, so the reading was-if either won then the forecast was not just possible but quite probable.

8 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Not a multiple its a forecast and anyone reading form (last run fast time) would have known that wherever  muscika or jupitor express finished they would be close together, so the reading was-if either won then the forecast was not just possible but quite probable.

Yes, wrong terminology, no matter, what you collected and that's all that matters ?

3 minutes ago, sporting sam said:

Chelmsford 8pm

Toophan 

Each way

Hard to say if this one has achieved anything at all in his runs, but joins new yard having run well in snatches and shown signs of coming to hand.

Might need to drop further still to make an impact. Comes here as the only unexposed runner in the line up.

quite fancy it myself and fc material