** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Snooker Shoot Out

Fader

Love this event. NIce and fast flowing. Nobody can do a "Mark Allen" and slow it all down to win :D

There are a few players that always do well around here and for me that's who I'll be going with. Always worth a few big priced selections as at the end of the day, anybody can really beat anybody.

2pts e/w M.Williams to win Shootout 22/1 bet365
---------------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w S.Murphy to win Shootout 35/1 Willhill (4 places, 1/4th)
1pt e/w Z.Yuelong to win Shootout 35/1 willhill (4 places, 1/4th)
1pt e/w R.Milkins to win Shootout 40/1 willhill (4 places, 1/4th)
---------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w B.Woollaston to win Shootout 100/1 willhill (4 places, 1/4th)
0.5pts e/w M.Holt to win Shootout 100/1 willhill (4 places, 1/4th)
0.5pts e/w M.Georgiou to win Shootout 125/1 willhill (4 places, 1/4th)
0.5pts e/w S.Hallworth to win Shootout 125/1 willhill (4 places, 1/4th)
0.5pts e/w R.Lawler to win Shootout 350/1 willhill (4 places, 1/4th)

a really fun event

i'll be betting live , i think there is value in taking a player when he is down by around 20 pts and the winning player loses his turn , probably odds of 2.50 to 3.00 if they were more or less at evens before the start , i'll see if i'll have the balls to bet on that systematically in every game that it happens.

2 hours ago, 888888 said:

a really fun event

i'll be betting live , i think there is value in taking a player when he is down by around 20 pts and the winning player loses his turn , probably odds of 2.50 to 3.00 if they were more or less at evens before the start , i'll see if i'll have the balls to bet on that systematically in every game that it happens.

yeah, keep a tab and see if it produces a solid system in this event going forward.

A good day for the outrights on Day 1. 4/5 through. Only Lawler lost and was rubbish but then I suppose he got unlucky with the in-off after the pot. The other outrights play today/tonight. No Turkish Masters event now and so if a player isn't qualified for the German Masters or Welsh Open then without those precious ranking points they could not have alot of Snooker for a while. Puts an extra emphasis on their result here.

for tonight i am betting against the 14 y/o kid Gradinari ,

his opponent Sarkis is ranked 129th so even if in a single frame anything can happen I still feel the 50/50 odds have value on the adult lol , I am pretty sure his odds will drop by tonight

Somehow Williams found a way to lose to that clown Poomjaeng lol. 

Just 2 remaining for me in the last 16. Holt has Lisowski, Yuelong has Dale. 

Think Lisowski big favorite tonight followed by Saengkham for me then perhaps Yuelong.

26 minutes ago, Torque said:

Fair to say that nobody unless they were spinning a coin had Wakelin as the winner. Must have been astronomical odds.

what odds was he? must have been about 250/1 i reckon. Not somebody I ever would have picked.

49 minutes ago, Fader said:

what odds was he? must have been about 250/1 i reckon. Not somebody I ever would have picked.

No idea. Must have been 250's at least. There's always going to be that random element about this event though isn't there. Some players are more suited to the format than others there's no doubt, but at the same time when you're talking about a one frame crapshoot then anything can happen.

9 minutes ago, Torque said:

No idea. Must have been 250's at least. There's always going to be that random element about this event though isn't there. Some players are more suited to the format than others there's no doubt, but at the same time when you're talking about a one frame crapshoot then anything can happen.

Yeah, Wakelin used to be a decent player but I think he dropped off the tour. Could be wrong. Great for him. I would rather a player win who it really benefits but all in all, yes, it's too random to take seriously. Good fun to watch though.