Racing Chat - Sunday 15th May.

French 1000 guineas 

Cachet   9.4  3.9

Mqse de sevigne  8.7 12.0 

Times Square    8.4   18.5 

Rosacea   8.4  3/1 

This is a tough race to call ....o briens toy could suddenly train on but tall order .....cachet sets a high standard but best form is on fast ground and its good sft ...plus wide draw ....both the 2nd and 3rd rated horses woukd have preferred the heavens to open .....but mqse has more scope to handle the ground and stays further if stamina becomes an issue ....rosacea has course dist form  and will like the ground and has good draw so ticks all boxes but has only really won an average group 3 so surely has to improve to beat these 

I'll take a chance on Cachet outclassing these as is a fair bit in front on ratings....Will have work to do from draw but can  do the double  ....small saver on mqse

Cachet 4pt win 3.9 

mqse de sevigne  1pt win 12.9   

French 2000 guineas  

Modern games  9.0  3.0 

Claymore   8.6   8.4 

Welwal    8.6  15.5 

Tough race ...but modern games has apparently been trained for this race and has the class factor ....2nd and 3rd rated are no weaklings though ....for a bit if fun today I'll try 4pts win  modern ....1pt each other 2 to see if can squeeze a little profit out if any wins 

3 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

French 2000 guineas  

Modern games  9.0  3.0 

Claymore   8.6   8.4 

Welwal    8.6  15.5 

Tough race ...but modern games has apparently been trained for this race and has the class factor ....2nd and 3rd rated are no weaklings though ....for a bit if fun today I'll try 4pts win  modern ....1pt each other 2 to see if can squeeze a little profit out if any wins 

The draw can be horrendous at Longchamp.

2 hours ago, Tedthewolf said:

Big gamble in the last at naas  on  CHILEAN  66/1 into around 10's even on the better fair exchange  but 365 still go 25's.

Was an half decent animal for Martyn Meade ie running against top class Ghaiyyeth so there are reasons to believe it should be at least competetive in this, the 66/1 was always far to big its 16/1 now 365 and that is probably what it should have opened up as. it will be interesting non the less.

Stradford. 

1.52.Royal Lake     15/8... unpl 

2.52. Janus.               7/4.... unpl 

singles & double. 

Double. 

2.22.Achy Breaky Heart.        9/4.... unpl 

4.22.Helford.             3/1 

singles & double. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

3 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Was an half decent animal for Martyn Meade ie running against top class Ghaiyyeth so there are reasons to believe it should be at least competetive in this, the 66/1 was always far to big its 16/1 now 365 and that is probably what it should have opened up as. it will be interesting non the less.

yeah noticed it has group form  but long time ago. strange betting race Tyrconnell now well backed from 25's has never won on turf

I'll take the hint with @richard-westwoodthat the French 1,000 & 2,000 guineas is a "tough" call and leave the races alone, albeit the very best of luck to him and his followers today.

I'll go for some single bets having dashed my own hope of getting a number of Trixies up any time soon.  I was going to look at the open races at Ripon and Stratford for a cross each way double but may run out of time.  Besides, I can't seem to see the Timeform ratings today on both MS Edge or Google Chrome.

2.40 Rip Gulmarg 1 pt win at 3.55

3.40 Rip Benadalid 2 pts win at 3.10

4.10 Rip Midwinster 1 pt win at 5.1

2.22 Str Howdilyoudo 2 pts win at 3.45

Total stakes = 6

Edited by The Equaliser

54 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

16/1 is better than most are offering (BV, WH are 10s). Also a 4/1 offer race so I reckon the edge is about 8%.

41 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

I'll take the hint with @richard-westwoodthat the French 1,000 & 2,000 guineas is a "tough" call and leave the races alone, albeit the very best of luck to him and his followers today.

I'll go for some single bets having dashed my own hope of getting a number of Trixies up any time soon.  I was going to look at the open races at Ripon and Stratford for a cross each way double but may run out of time.  Besides, I can't seem to see the Timeform ratings today on both MS Edge or Google Chrome.

Total stakes = 6

Yeah ...its more for a bit of fun today ...I think what's worries me is the huge draw bias towards bottom 6 and the best rated are outside this .....that's why you get shock results in French races because of the draw bias so it's more for a bit of enjoyment today ....Will be interesting to watch for sure to see how it pans out ?

Give Me a Cuddle 1:52 Stratford (2/1). Looked good winning a bumper latest, step up in trip should suit on hurdles debut.

IMO Royal Lake wants softer and a more galloping track.

Glengeever probably has the best hurdles form but trainer doesn't get many winners, will hopefully lead and set the race up for the selection.

The Fergal O'Brien one might improve following wind surgery but doubt he'd be this price if they were expecting to win.

A winner! I'm off for a lie down ? I was right about Royal Lake who was outpaced and struggling a long way out.

Edited by yossa6133

6 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

French 1000 guineas 

Cachet   9.4  3.9

Mqse de sevigne  8.7 12.0 

Times Square    8.4   18.5 

Rosacea   8.4  3/1 

This is a tough race to call ....o briens toy could suddenly train on but tall order .....cachet sets a high standard but best form is on fast ground and its good sft ...plus wide draw ....both the 2nd and 3rd rated horses woukd have preferred the heavens to open .....but mqse has more scope to handle the ground and stays further if stamina becomes an issue ....rosacea has course dist form  and will like the ground and has good draw so ticks all boxes but has only really won an average group 3 so surely has to improve to beat these 

I'll take a chance on Cachet outclassing these as is a fair bit in front on ratings....Will have work to do from draw but can  do the double  ....small saver on mqse

Cachet 4pt win 3.9 

mqse de sevigne  1pt win 12.9   

Cachet 2nd ...times 3rd ...Roscea 4th ....just pipped on line  

6 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

French 2000 guineas  

Modern games  9.0  3.0 

Claymore   8.6   8.4 

Welwal    8.6  15.5 

Modern games wins ? break even on day ....a bit of free fun ? 

Edited by richard-westwood

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Total stakes = 6

RESULTS UPDATE

Only one winner today and that was over the jumps.  No harm done with 0.8 profit.  Good job I didn't place any of the selections in a Trixie.  MTD +38.05 YTD -191.22