** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis Tips - March 14 - March 20

5 minutes ago, Torque said:

You should have been braver @Foo_Fighter The match line and straight sets came in. Seriously though, the bet you took was safer and was a good price and that's always better in the long run.

I also had 6€ on Taylor Fritz to win the match at 3.00 but where I really had plenty of faith was that he was going to win at least one set today.

Onto the second semifinal, I'm going with Nadal to win the match, plain and simple. No matter how talented Alcaraz might be, I just don't think he can stop Nadal from reaching another big final. We're probably gonna witness the legendary Spaniard retrieve almost every ball landing on or near his baseline. At some point Alcaraz will start missing the target and Nadal will grab another win.

2 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Onto the second semifinal, I'm going with Nadal to win the match, plain and simple. No matter how talented Alcaraz might be, I just don't think he can stop Nadal from reaching another big final. We're probably gonna witness the legendary Spaniard retrieve almost every ball landing on or near his baseline. At some point Alcaraz will start missing the target and Nadal will grab another win.

Hard to disagree with that, although I'll be rooting for Alcaraz as I'm on him outright. Realistically he'll most likely crumble against his idol. Let's see. Nadal's been on the drift all day though, so there's plenty of people out there who give Alcaraz a real shot.

8 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

I meant they were (along with del Potro) more reliable than the current top players (Zverev, Tsitsipas, Medvedev, FAA, De Minaur, Rublev, Kyrgios, Taylor Fritz etc). Anyway, we have another straight set for Taylor Fritz against Rublev. 

wawrinka is my favorite player , so I think I ve watched way more than a hundred matches of him from 2013 untill now, trust me , he wasn t a good set closer. Del potro was indeed very good at closing sets though,then again he was an amazing tennis player all around(including the mental part).

34 minutes ago, raduvlad1995 said:

wawrinka is my favorite player , so I think I ve watched way more than a hundred matches of him from 2013 untill now, trust me , he wasn t a good set closer. Del potro was indeed very good at closing sets though,then again he was an amazing tennis player all around(including the mental part).

sad to see him retire so early. gabriela sabatini in the audience. what a player she was. gave hard time to steffi graph

Edited by bet4fun

Even after so many injuries he was standing tall, delPotro and he is only 33. wonder how short a tennis players life is

• May 4, 2010: right wrist surgery
  • March 24, 2014: joint surgery on left wrist
  • January 20, 2015: ligament surgery on left wrist
  • June 18, 2015: tendon surgery on right wrist
  • June 22, 2019: right knee surgery
  • January 27, 2020: right knee surgery
  • August 26, 2020: right knee surgery

3 hours ago, raduvlad1995 said:

Haha! Waw is also my favorite player! Rooting for him also from 2013 :)) . I remember that match from atp finals with Federer.. He had some match points and his emotions stole that win. This season will be his last.. I wish i can see him playing .. maybe grab a photo and an autograph. lol :)) 

4 hours ago, Stanimal said:

Haha! Waw is also my favorite player! Rooting for him also from 2013 :)) . I remember that match from atp finals with Federer.. He had some match points and his emotions stole that win. This season will be his last.. I wish i can see him playing .. maybe grab a photo and an autograph. lol :)) 

dude that's always been my dream to see atleast 1 wawrinka live match, unfortunately I ll definetly not have that chance anymore. Will he even play this year again ?

Wawrinka was my favorite player as well. His back hand is legendary, and i don't see any player from the new generation to be equipped with such a super back hand.

Tonight i see Sakkari to win against Inga.

Please don't follow me, it is just a statistical feeling also backed with the very well performances by the Greek lioness.

By no means my tip is against Inga, simply i rate Sakkari as the winner according to my observations

Good luck punters!

On 3/16/2022 at 9:42 PM, Foo_Fighter said:

Many Americans still in the tournament (Opelka, Brooksby, Fritz, Isner). My gut tells me that the trophy ? will eventually go to one of those guys. It's time an American did something significant in men's tour

Indeed an American lifts the Indian Wells trophy ?, congratulations Taylor Fritz. Amazing progress, beautiful to watch ?

Fritz winning gives me a slight profit overall for Indian Wells - 419 points invested across 21 bets generating a return of 450.01 points and so a profit of 31.01 points and a yield of 7.4%. Opposing Nadal ended up working out although it was looking like he was destined to win having ridden his luck in so many of his matches and I have to admit I couldn't see Fritz beating him, especially as there was a possibility he wouldn't even play due to an ankle injury.

Backing Halep didn't work out as Swiatek was utterly dominant - sometimes you just have to hold your hands up when a player plays that well. I didn't see any value in backing her and it's often the case that what you think is a good bet loses and sometimes you'll place a bad bet that wins. Next up Miami so fingers crossed for another profitable fortnight.