** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Dodging Bullets Whilst Watching Paint Dry...

harry_rag

Bets 76 to 83: 9 points each on 1+ SoT in each of today's 8 Champions League games

I put up a tenner on each of the games and was matched for £9 on all of them overnight. I'll update if the last quid gets taken on any of them. 

Very odd this tendency to get matched on £9 out of the £10. Either someone is active in this market and willing to lay at the price but only for £9 or it's BF seeding the market to try and generate liquidity. There always seems to be someone wanting 1.8 for 1+ and 2+ SOT which you'd be silly to lay.

In last night's 8 games there were (according to Soccerbase) between 4 and 9 SoT in each game at an average of 6 per game. That might be a bit low but I suspect if there was a game with an expectation of 6 goals (very unusual for it to be that high) then there'd be plenty of takers for >0.5 goals at 1.01!

2 minutes ago, aldric said:

Look like great bets ??

It's a funny old market though, for now at least. £835 matched in the Roma/Ajax game compared to £12k in the >0.5 goals market. You'd have to queue behind my remaining £1 in the 1+ SoT market but you could be in the front of the queue for 2+ if you go under 1.8.

1 hour ago, aldric said:

You did well getting infrint of everyone! ?

Looking at the Liverpool and Spurs games now it appears I'm the only person interested in the market! No-one added to my remaining £1 at the 1.01, so just a case of sticking the request up early and seeing if it gets nibbled.

Edited by harry_rag

6 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Looking at the Liverpool and Spurs games now it appears I'm the only person interested in the market! No-one added to my remaining £1 at the 1.01, so just a case of sticking the request up early and seeing if it gets nibbled.

You might be fighting to get ahead of Skittle now you have highlighted the market ?

The Sporting/Marseille game was actually settled as a loser despite finishing 2-0 (one goal a penalty) and there being 7 shots on target in total. All resolved easily enough via chat but a reminder always to check your bets are settled correctly, especially where they're stat based rather than goals. You could have a game with one or more goals in it but no shots on target but it's pretty unlikely (an o.g. being the most likely means).

The definition of a SoT is probably tighter than most people would imagine. The shot has to be saved by the keeper or blocked by the last defender on the line. Any other blocked shot, however on target it may be, wouldn't count. Corners don't count if saved by the keeper (even if a deliberate attempt on goal) nor do mis-hit crosses that need to be saved (so a subjective element is introduced there) though both would count if the ball went in the net and a goal was awarded.

A nice way to get from 75 to 83 in one go, might as well make hay while it lasts!

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Bet 89: 10 points on 1+ shots on target in Qatar v Ecuador at 1.01

Not necessarily likely to be the most exciting game of the tournament but hopefully we are at least rewarded with a shot on target at some point!

Lol.. I saw £20 Matched at 1.01 this morning and I thought I know who that is!! ???