** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Dodging Bullets Whilst Watching Paint Dry...

harry_rag

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bet 111: 10 points on at least 1 card shown in PSG v Bayern M at 1/80 with 365

Can't see Michael Oliver not flashing at least one card here. Would be a solid 4-6 cards bet based on the team's head to heads (landed in all bar 1 of their 7 recent meetings) but Oliver is too unpredictable so anything could happen, at least barring a shock "nul points"!

I've only just cottoned onto the fact that you can place a "bet builder" with 365 that just has a single component in it (it tends to be at least 2 with other firms). That opens up quite a lot of additional markets for short priced selections.

56 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

I've only just cottoned onto the fact that you can place a "bet builder" with 365 that just has a single component in it (it tends to be at least 2 with other firms). That opens up quite a lot of additional markets for short priced selections.

Thanks for mentioning this - I never noticed either.  Great tip ?

Where are you getting your ref stats from?  whoscored.com ?

Edited by alexcaruso808

28 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

Where are you getting your ref stats from?  whoscored.com ?

Was going to say someone else asked me this recently but then realised it was you! :lol

I look at the match details on Soccerbase (click on result and you can see the card details in a pop-up rather than going to a different page) but I use Transfermarket for the specific ref stats.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sandro-scharer/profil/schiedsrichter/4793/plus/0?funktion=1&saison_id=&wettbewerb_id=CL

1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

Was going to say someone else asked me this recently but then realised it was you! :lol

I look at the match details on Soccerbase (click on result and you can see the card details in a pop-up rather than going to a different page) but I use Transfermarket for the specific ref stats.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sandro-scharer/profil/schiedsrichter/4793/plus/0?funktion=1&saison_id=&wettbewerb_id=CL

Oh dear, my memory is short ??

Bets 114 and 115: 10 points each on >0.5 cards in Arsenal v Man C at 1/80 and Brugge v Benfica at 1/100 both with 365

The English fixture looks a solid 4-6 cards bet in terms of the head to head but ref Taylor goes <4 cards more often than not. That said, it's hard to see less than 2 cards in this game given where we are in the title race.

The CL game has the only decent looking high cards ref of the night and it's hard to see this game (between two teams who don't regularly go deep into the competition) not yielding a single card.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Skittle said:

It's just as you say.................then again, even I wouldn't have thought to go for those two bets as possibilities.

No, I wouldn’t normally but I took a closer look at this game because of all the stuff about Ronaldo being odds on with some firms for a hat trick. I expected to see money waiting to be matched but there was none. I put some up out of curiosity. Obviously it’s not a coincidence that the same amount was matched in both markets. I wonder if BF automatically seed markets so that a minimum amount of volume is matched. Or perhaps someone who fancied Liechtenstein had £2.16 burning a hole in their pocket! :)

17 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

I’ll add now that I’ve put requests up for Argentina +2 and +3. There’s a quid showing as matched in both. If any more gets matched then it’s me!

Not matched. I noticed there was £1.09 matched. Might be worth sticking up a request even where you think you’ve got no chance on the off chance that a tiny amount tends to get taken by default.