Racing Chat Wednesday 21st April

1810 Lingfield Elusif 2/1 NAP (still available) & Axel Jacklin 6/1 e/w (don't like taking two horses in the same race and I do fancy Elusif to win but happy to take Axel Jacklin e/w at the price as would be surprised to see it out of the top 3)

1430 Perth Threeunderthrufive 9/4 & 1550 Ludlow Favorito Buck's 11/8 win double @ 6.75/1 (both prices still available)

1415 Cholet Forza Capitano 7/4

1450 Catterick Queen's Sargent 11/8 & 1730 Taunton Tonyx 10/11 win double @ 7/2

Edited by Barnes1882
Selections complete.

All prices Bet365:

1.25 Perth - 1pt e/w Carry On The Magic @ 9/1

1.45 Catterick - 1pt e/w Fliss Floss @ 16/1

1.55 Perth - 1pt win On A Promise @ 7/1

2.30 Perth - 1pt e/w Ocean Drifter @ 16/1

2.40 Ludlow - 1pt e/w Vivas @ 11/1

3.00 Perth - 2pts win The Wolf @ 9/2

3.25 Catterick - 1pt e/w Signore Piccolo @ 50/1

4.10 Perth - 1pt e/w Dolly Dancer @ 12/1

1 hour ago, Barnes1882 said:

1810 Lingfield Elusif 2/1 NAP (still available) & Axel Jacklin 6/1 e/w (don't like taking two horses in the same race and I do fancy Elusif to win but happy to take Axel Jacklin e/w at the price as would would surprised to see it out of the top 3)

1430 Perth Threeunderthrufive 9/4 & 1550 Ludlow Favorito Buck's 11/8 win double @ 6.75/1 (both prices still available)

Selections complete.

2 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

1810 Lingfield Elusif 2/1 NAP (still available) & Axel Jacklin 6/1 e/w (don't like taking two horses in the same race and I do fancy Elusif to win but happy to take Axel Jacklin e/w at the price as would be surprised to see it out of the top 3)

As a previous shareholder in Axel Jacklin when he was trained with Mark Johnson (owners/syndicate thread) you should know hes a nutcase , even when we had him 'cut' he still played up. He has talent , he ran Usain Boat to neck at the Guineas meeting as a 2yo but disappointed on grass after . Only won at lingfield and wolves a/w .  Needs to be covered up for a late run. Most of his races are lost when he plays up going into the stalls .

Pic is Axel on Mark Johnson's gallops

1 minute ago, roger2256 said:

As a previous shareholder in Axel Jacklin when he was trained with Mark Johnson (owners/syndicate thread) you should know hes a nutcase , even when we had him 'cut' he still played up. He has talent , he ran Usain Boat to neck at the Guineas meeting as a 2yo but disappointed on grass after . Only won at lingfield and wolves a/w .  Needs to be covered up for a late run. Most of his races are lost when he plays up going into the stalls .

Pic is Axel on Mark Johnson's gallops

IMG_0119.jpg

3 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

Forza Capitano NR ?

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

2.30 Perth Stoners Choice £10.00 at 3.05 Um at 2.74 atm (was 2.86) .  Dodgy jumper but the one to beat.  No bet if price not matched

4.20 Lud Court Jester £12.40 at 2.66 (Matched) = £20.17 net profit if it wins

Hopefully back later

Stoners Choice is matched at 3.05.  Trying to get £5 on Threeunderthrufive as an insurance cover bet.  Just missed the price and struggling now.  May leave it at I/r just for the start of the race.  Now matched so I am hoping that Hughsie doesn't upset my little apple cart

Edited by The Equaliser

15 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Stoners Choice is matched at 3.05.  Trying to get £5 on Threeunderthrufive as an insurance cover bet.  Just missed the price and struggling now.  May leave it at I/r just for the start of the race.  Now matched so I am hoping that Hughsie doesn't upset my little apple cart

Well, @Barnes1882 was spot on again.  Probably encouraged me to do the insurance bet so I win 98p and don't lose on the race.  I do hope that he gets the double up with his other Paul Nichols selection later on ?

8 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

My first bet was saved by an insurance bet.  I feel that I was unlucky with my second bet. Beaten a neck by an unexpected 10/1 shot.  Anyway net loss on the day = £11.43.  This means that my new balance is £1,006.68 (Bank £1000.00). Lost about £50 since the start of my new campaign, however, I am convinced that I will be soon heading in the right direction.

Four UK meetings tomorrow.  I will only be looking at races where there are 4 or less runners with forecast odds of 9/1 an under in any race.  I think that this will help narrow down the main players in the selected races.

13 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

Poor day today.

Elusif very very poor & Axel 2nd to return a small profit from the e/w but a loss overall due to Elusif.

Two doubles both had great starts but were let down by the 2nd horses. 

Looked a tough day to me so kept it simple with 3 bets overall so not too much damage done.