** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - March 1 - March 7

Tight matches in Rotterdam today but I think some good bets can be placed on them

Tsitsipas-khachanov- Over 19,5 games(can go even over 20/21 but I'll play it safe). Khachanov is in the best form he's been in a long while and tsitsi will always fight hard. Should be quite close and I'm too scared to bet on tsitsipas winning it even though he's got good odds.

Rublev should beat chardy(1,12)- I won't bet on him since his odds are too low IMO in comparation to how dangerous chardy can be for rublev.

Nishikori-coric- I think I'll avoid this one , but I'd go with coric to win it or atleast to take a set. Borna should return kei's serve far easier than viceversa and he is in better physical shape than nishi.

Fucsovis- Paul- I'll go with fucsovis taking atleast one set. He routined paul in australia last year (alas it was a horrible performance from paul after he had a great win over dimitrov much like his win over bublik yesterday).

18 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Tomas Machac to beat Soon-woo Kwon at 2.10 with Pinnacle

I watched all the matches in Nur-Sultan today (yeah, call me a masochist) and I had some luck in live betting as well. Not sure if that will translate into any wins here, of course, but I feel that both Duckworth and Machac offer some value. Duckworth wasn't underperforming by any means against his unknown opponent, he was playing really well, he just faced someone who was aggressive and landing a lot of shots in. Kwon, on the other hand, was thoroughly average against Polansky, way worse than when I saw him against Cilic. I quite liked Machac, on the other hand.

Congrats for your win! :cheers

Kwon is very tired now.  From last month, he has traveled to Melbourne, Biella, SIngapore and then Nur Sultan in less than a month and played many matches.

Edited by Robinnho
Typo

opinions on tsitsipa-rublev and coric - fucsovis ? Great tennis so far in Rotterdam

I'm thinking of tsitsipas taking a set at 1,30 odds since he seems to like these courts more than rublev.

What would you guys go with on coric-fucsovis ? I think it's gonna be though at the start , but if coric takes the first set , fucsovis might fold afterwards.

3 hours ago, vladisimo2 said:

wow , I've never in my life been so completely wrong with my tennis tips. Tsitsipas rublev was atleast close and the mistake was to not go with an over on games but what the hell happened with coric ?

I'd say Coric was just being Coric - he's not a consistent player and that's why he's ranked where he is. He's beaten all the best players, but if you're also losing regularly when you shouldn't then it's hard to get established at the very top of the game. Also, the way Fucsovics dealt with him didn't reflect well on Nishikori. If Fucsovics could beat Coric so easily, then Nishikori should have been able to take at least a set. As it was, he squandered a break lead in the first set and that ended up being the key to the match as he lost a tight second.

32 minutes ago, Torque said:

I'd say Coric was just being Coric - he's not a consistent player and that's why he's ranked where he is. He's beaten all the best players, but if you're also losing regularly when you shouldn't then it's hard to get established at the very top of the game. Also, the way Fucsovics dealt with him didn't reflect well on Nishikori. If Fucsovics could beat Coric so easily, then Nishikori should have been able to take at least a set. As it was, he squandered a break lead in the first set and that ended up being the key to the match as he lost a tight second.

Well, as you must know with tennis and other sports, match ups matter a lot. On the face of it it certainly looks like not reflecting well on Nishikori. Coric relies heavily on first-strike tennis playing well behind his first serve. Nishikori just could not find a way to deal with the Coric serve and always played second fiddle. Conversely, Fuscovis neutralized Coric's game with chipped returns and was able to continuously take control of the rallies by the second or third shot. Coric knew he was well beaten by the end of the first set and started coming in to the net in the second set in typical suicide fashion. He seemed lost and just could not cope with the variation coming off the Fuscovics racket. It really pisses me off when i see a player being slapped up comprehensively and still showing clenched fists on every odd point they get. Coric was just being Coric as you say. I really cannot see him improving and going any further in his career from the way he plays. His game needs a lot of transformation work.

1 hour ago, liquidglass said:

Well, as you must know with tennis and other sports, match ups matter a lot. On the face of it it certainly looks like not reflecting well on Nishikori. Coric relies heavily on first-strike tennis playing well behind his first serve. Nishikori just could not find a way to deal with the Coric serve and always played second fiddle. Conversely, Fuscovis neutralized Coric's game with chipped returns and was able to continuously take control of the rallies by the second or third shot. Coric knew he was well beaten by the end of the first set and started coming in to the net in the second set in typical suicide fashion. He seemed lost and just could not cope with the variation coming off the Fuscovics racket. It really pisses me off when i see a player being slapped up comprehensively and still showing clenched fists on every odd point they get. Coric was just being Coric as you say. I really cannot see him improving and going any further in his career from the way he plays. His game needs a lot of transformation work.

How players match up is important of course - but when you look at how well Nishikori had done prior to playing Coric I think it was reasonable to expect better from him, particularly bearing in mind the inconsistency that Coric has. Anyway, that's just my thoughts.

Jabeur vs Siniakova -21.5 Games at 1.91 with William Hill

I think Jabeur should win this match comfortably. Siniakova is in a very bad moment and lacks of self-confidence. She only has won 1 match in 2020 and it was against Niculescu (in a 3 set match), who holds a 0-6 this year (and the only set she has won on all those matches was against Siniakova). I saw Jabeur against Schmiedlova (6-3, 6-2) and against Osaka (3-6, 2-6) in the AO. I like how she played. I haven't seen her in Doha (she lost in the 2nd round against Pliskova in a 3 set match after beating Blinkova in straight sets). The last year they played here in the 1st round, too, and Jabeur beat her easily (6-3, 6-2). She also beat Brady (6-4, 6-3) and Pliskova (6-4, 3-6, 6-3) and lost in 2 TBs against Kvitova in the QFs. She said she feels like home here, I expect her to win this in straight sets.

5 hours ago, Torque said:

How players match up is important of course - but when you look at how well Nishikori had done prior to playing Coric I think it was reasonable to expect better from him, particularly bearing in mind the inconsistency that Coric has. Anyway, that's just my thoughts.

The thing is coric handled fucsovis previously , that's what pains me ( now in a way I'm happy for fucsovis since I like him 10 times more as a player than coric). Did these courts have any sway over the matter maybe ?