Racing Chat - Saturday 23rd Jan.

I can’t guarantee the success of last Saturday but I do have some strong bets in some interesting races which at all three meetings covered by ITV look certain to be run on testing conditions. There’s an 8am inspection at Haydock and a 7.30am look at Taunton but they’re seeming a bit more confident now than earlier in the week so fingers crossed for both. So it’s the mudlarks once again we’re looking for. As always I’ll start in time order and here’s my early thoughts on the ITV races.

1.15 Ascot  2m 7f 118yds Mares Hurdle

Magic Of Light is a remarkable mare who’s finished placed in a Grand National in her time and has won this very race for the last two seasons. She’s teed up for this race by winning over fences at Newbury the last two years and is taking the very same route this season having run out an easy winner there 38 days ago. She has a big danger this year though in Dan Skelton’s mare Roksana who seems to have taken her form to another level since stepping up in trip this season. Her third to Paisley Park and Thyme Hill in the Long Walk Hurdle here 5 weeks ago is the best piece of form on offer but at the prices I feel that Jessie Harrington’s 10 year old is so tough that she may just have the call. Eglantine Du Seuil wouldn’t be out of it receiving 6lb from the two front ones also. Whilst the two rags don’t appeal one bit. 

MAGIC OF LIGHT  1 point win @ 11/4 Bet365

1.30 Haydock 1m 7f 144yds Rossington Main Nov Hdl

There’s only 7lb officially between the quintet here and all five can be given some sort of chance. Llandinabo Lad looks to bounce back from his 2nd place at Ascot last time behind My Drago but has a 5lb penalty to carry here and at the prices doesn’t really appeal. Minella Drama’s form ties in with Llandinabo Lad and Donald McCain’s 6 year old should be thereabouts. Nada To Prada is another that has to shoulder a 5lb penalty but I’ll take a chance with the current outsider of the field in Jamie Snowden’s Anythingforlove. She’s stepping up in grade following victories at Lingfield and Catterick, in fact she should really be looking for a six timer as her tack went on her hurdling debut. In a race where I don’t fancy anything strong she could be the value. 

ANYTHINGFORLOVE 1 point win @ 17/2 Paddy Power

1.50 Ascot 2m 3f 58yds Handicap Hurdle

This race isn’t as competitive as the race that Lightly Squeeze ran 3rd in before Christmas here over a half mile shorter trip. The two that finished ahead of him Not So Sleepy and Buzz are verging on Champion Hurdle class and he looks the bet here. The longer trip shouldn’t be an issue as he’s already won at Taunton by 7l over this trip even though that track is a lot flatter. He certainly didn’t seem to be stopping last time. Nicky Henderson’s Janika is interesting even off of top weight here and 13lb lower than his chase mark but we havn’t seen him for 343 days so maybe connections are looking for something further down the line over fences. Henderson also saddle bottom weight Craigneiche who’s making his handicap debut but we’ve not seen him for over a year as well. Arrivederci flopped behind Lightly Squeeze last time and is hard to fancy on that run though the longertrip will certainly suit better. Danny Kirwan makes his handicap debut off of 133 and probably didn’t see out the 3m trip last time, he’s an interesting runner.

On ground he loves Lightly Squeeze is a confident selection. 

LIGHTLY SQUEEZE 1 point each way @ 11/2 1/5th odds 12345 William Hills 

2.10 Taunton 3m 4f 85yds Portman Cup Chase

Yala Enki has everything going for him here and is a confident selection. He won this last year under usual jockey Bryony Frost when making most, coming into the race following a 3rd in the Welsh National. He’s following the same route this year as he was highly credible 3rd to Secret Reprieve a fortnight ago. Chief danger on ratings is Harry Fry’s If The Cap Fits who’s only a novice and is unraced beyond 3m so I’m hoping Bryony sets the fractions out front and draws the stamina out of her rivals. 

YALA ENKI 2 points win @ 10/11 BetVictor

2.40 Haydock 3m 1f 125yds Peter Marsh handicap Chase

I’m led to believe that unfortunately Sam Brown (and Claud And Goldie) won’t be taking part which is a shame as I think he would be the most likely winner but in his absence I think that class will come to the fore with top weight Royale Pagaille a good bet. He was super impressive when winning at Kempton over Christmas with the form already boosted by the third that day Double Shuffle going in since at Kempton. The handicapper has had his say mind by lumping him up 16lb for that win. Venetia Williams has entered him since in the Cheltenham Gold Cup so obviously thinks he’s capable of defying such a rise. I must admit the opposition don’t really excite me much. Sam’s Adventure is up 6lb for his course and distance victory 35 days ago whilst Acey Milan is a real dyed in the wool stayer who will be plodding on when it’s all over. 

ROYAL PAGAILLE 2 points win @ 9/4 William Hill

3.00 Ascot 2m 5f Handicap Chase

A wide open handicap chase with may holding decent each way chances. Benny’s King is up 7lb for his course victory 35 days ago whilst Dashel Drasher is an interesting contender following his victory on the same day, although I’m not sure what he actually beat that day with the hot favourite flopping. Good Bye Bobby is apparently fancied for the Twiston-Davies team though he’ll need to do better than he did last time when a well beaten 4th in the Caspian Caviar Cup at Cheltenham.

I’m going to take two against the field each way with firstly Venetia William’s Espoir De Guye who probably didn’t stay 3m last time here and on his second start since a wind operation now wears a tongue tie which should help. He’s won 3 of his last 5 starts. The other bet is a bit of a flyer as he arrives here in no real sign of form (although that was over hurdles last time, which may have been a possible pipe opener for today’s much more valuable race), Domaine De L’Isle won this race last year off of the identical mark from Benny’s King who re-opposes on 9lb worse terms. Bennys King is around the 6/1 mark whilst Sean Curran’s Domaine De L’Isle is as big as 16/1 so you can see where I’m coming from with this! He also sports blinkers for the first time so at that sort of price I suggest a small ew investment. 

ESPOIR DE GUYE       1 point each way @ 13/2 Hills 1/5th 12345

DOMAINE DE L’ISLE  ½ point each way @ 14/1 Betfred 1/5th odds 1234

3.15 Haydock 1m 7f 144yds New One Unibet Hurdle

This is a no bet race today but I do feel there maybe a bit of ante-post value looking forward to the Cheltenham Festival.

There was always only going to be a small turnout for this trial although it was disappointing when Song For Someone didn’t declare on Thursday lunchtime. Buveur D’Air is getting weight from two inferior hurdlers and if, and I’m led to believe he is, he’s back to somewhere near his best he’ll win this. He’s not been seen since finishing runner up in the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle some 420 days ago where he was coming to pick up the eventual winner Cornerstone Lad when he had his hood impaled by a piece of the final hurdle (see picture below). It curtailed his season and he was sent away to his owners Irish stud to recuperate and let the hoof grow back. By all accounts his recent home work has been electric (that was always a trait of his - how slick he was over his hurdles) and bar a tumble should be beating last year’s winner Ballyandy and Navajo Pass who both have to carry penalties against the former Champion Hurdler. So he’s too short to back today but how about a win only bet on him for the Champion Hurdle with the firms who are using the non runner – no bet concession (at present just Betfair SB, Paddy Power and Betfred). Surely if he wins well he’ll shorten up significantly and if he bombs out well it’ll be money back. Sounds easy put like that doesn’t it !! 

BUVEUR D’AIR (Champion Hurdle) 1 point win @ 12/1 (non runner -no bet)  Betfred

3.35 Ascot 2m 167yds Clarence House Chase

A cracking renewal of the Clarence House that features last season’s Champion Chase winner Politologue who’s only run since was an emphatic victory in the Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown from his stable mate Graneteen. His owner John Hales feels he’s a bit under rated and that is probably the case. He’s most definitely the one to beat here mind. Waiting Patiently was supplemented at the 5 day stage and is rated only 2lb inferior to Politologue. He was last seen when finishing runner up to Frodon in the King George at Kempton on Boxing Day and he should run his race and be thereabouts, whether he’ll be sharp enough dropping down a whole mile I’m not entirely sure though. Third favourite and last year’s winner Defi Du Seuil has to put two very disappointing runs behind him and although his trainer has ben talking him up all week it takes a big leap of faith to back him to be honest. If all eight run then with question marks against the 2nd and 3rd favourite the race crying out for an outsider to backed each way. I thought Venetia William’s Fanion D’Estruval was travelling like a winner when toppling over at Cheltenham last time and as the youngest horse in the field at 6 years old may have more improvement than most to come. He’s officially 15lb behind Politologue on official ratings but had he stood up and won at Cheltenham and been put up, lets say 6lb then he would only be 9lb behind the short priced favourite. I’m happy to back him small ew and the favourite win only. It could be day for the French named horses come Saturday !! 

POLITOLOGUE            1 point win @ 11/8 Bet Victor

FANION D’ESTRUVAL  ½ point each way @ 16/1 Bet Victor 1/5 123 

SPORT-PREVIEW-BUVEUR-DAIR.jpg

5 hours ago, The Brigadier said:

I can’t guarantee the success of last Saturday but I do have some strong bets in some interesting races which at all three meetings covered by ITV look certain to be run on testing conditions. There’s an 8am inspection at Haydock and a 7.30am look at Taunton but they’re seeming a bit more confident now than earlier in the week so fingers crossed for both. So it’s the mudlarks once again we’re looking for. As always I’ll start in time order and here’s my early thoughts on the ITV races.

1.15 Ascot  2m 7f 118yds Mares Hurdle

Magic Of Light is a remarkable mare who’s finished placed in a Grand National in her time and has won this very race for the last two seasons. She’s teed up for this race by winning over fences at Newbury the last two years and is taking the very same route this season having run out an easy winner there 38 days ago. She has a big danger this year though in Dan Skelton’s mare Roksana who seems to have taken her form to another level since stepping up in trip this season. Her third to Paisley Park and Thyme Hill in the Long Walk Hurdle here 5 weeks ago is the best piece of form on offer but at the prices I feel that Jessie Harrington’s 10 year old is so tough that she may just have the call. Eglantine Du Seuil wouldn’t be out of it receiving 6lb from the two front ones also. Whilst the two rags don’t appeal one bit. 

MAGIC OF LIGHT  1 point win @ 11/4 Bet365

1.30 Haydock 1m 7f 144yds Rossington Main Nov Hdl

There’s only 7lb officially between the quintet here and all five can be given some sort of chance. Llandinabo Lad looks to bounce back from his 2nd place at Ascot last time behind My Drago but has a 5lb penalty to carry here and at the prices doesn’t really appeal. Minella Drama’s form ties in with Llandinabo Lad and Donald McCain’s 6 year old should be thereabouts. Nada To Prada is another that has to shoulder a 5lb penalty but I’ll take a chance with the current outsider of the field in Jamie Snowden’s Anythingforlove. She’s stepping up in grade following victories at Lingfield and Catterick, in fact she should really be looking for a six timer as her tack went on her hurdling debut. In a race where I don’t fancy anything strong she could be the value. 

ANYTHINGFORLOVE 1 point win @ 17/2 Paddy Power

1.50 Ascot 2m 3f 58yds Handicap Hurdle

This race isn’t as competitive as the race that Lightly Squeeze ran 3rd in before Christmas here over a half mile shorter trip. The two that finished ahead of him Not So Sleepy and Buzz are verging on Champion Hurdle class and he looks the bet here. The longer trip shouldn’t be an issue as he’s already won at Taunton by 7l over this trip even though that track is a lot flatter. He certainly didn’t seem to be stopping last time. Nicky Henderson’s Janika is interesting even off of top weight here and 13lb lower than his chase mark but we havn’t seen him for 343 days so maybe connections are looking for something further down the line over fences. Henderson also saddle bottom weight Craigneiche who’s making his handicap debut but we’ve not seen him for over a year as well. Arrivederci flopped behind Lightly Squeeze last time and is hard to fancy on that run though the longertrip will certainly suit better. Danny Kirwan makes his handicap debut off of 133 and probably didn’t see out the 3m trip last time, he’s an interesting runner.

On ground he loves Lightly Squeeze is a confident selection. 

LIGHTLY SQUEEZE 1 point each way @ 11/2 1/5th odds 12345 William Hills 

2.10 Taunton 3m 4f 85yds Portman Cup Chase

Yala Enki has everything going for him here and is a confident selection. He won this last year under usual jockey Bryony Frost when making most, coming into the race following a 3rd in the Welsh National. He’s following the same route this year as he was highly credible 3rd to Secret Reprieve a fortnight ago. Chief danger on ratings is Harry Fry’s If The Cap Fits who’s only a novice and is unraced beyond 3m so I’m hoping Bryony sets the fractions out front and draws the stamina out of her rivals. 

YALA ENKI 2 points win @ 10/11 BetVictor

2.40 Haydock 3m 1f 125yds Peter Marsh handicap Chase

I’m led to believe that unfortunately Sam Brown (and Claud And Goldie) won’t be taking part which is a shame as I think he would be the most likely winner but in his absence I think that class will come to the fore with top weight Royale Pagaille a good bet. He was super impressive when winning at Kempton over Christmas with the form already boosted by the third that day Double Shuffle going in since at Kempton. The handicapper has had his say mind by lumping him up 16lb for that win. Venetia Williams has entered him since in the Cheltenham Gold Cup so obviously thinks he’s capable of defying such a rise. I must admit the opposition don’t really excite me much. Sam’s Adventure is up 6lb for his course and distance victory 35 days ago whilst Acey Milan is a real dyed in the wool stayer who will be plodding on when it’s all over. 

ROYAL PAGAILLE 2 points win @ 9/4 William Hill

3.00 Ascot 2m 5f Handicap Chase

A wide open handicap chase with may holding decent each way chances. Benny’s King is up 7lb for his course victory 35 days ago whilst Dashel Drasher is an interesting contender following his victory on the same day, although I’m not sure what he actually beat that day with the hot favourite flopping. Good Bye Bobby is apparently fancied for the Twiston-Davies team though he’ll need to do better than he did last time when a well beaten 4th in the Caspian Caviar Cup at Cheltenham.

I’m going to take two against the field each way with firstly Venetia William’s Espoir De Guye who probably didn’t stay 3m last time here and on his second start since a wind operation now wears a tongue tie which should help. He’s won 3 of his last 5 starts. The other bet is a bit of a flyer as he arrives here in no real sign of form (although that was over hurdles last time, which may have been a possible pipe opener for today’s much more valuable race), Domaine De L’Isle won this race last year off of the identical mark from Benny’s King who re-opposes on 9lb worse terms. Bennys King is around the 6/1 mark whilst Sean Curran’s Domaine De L’Isle is as big as 16/1 so you can see where I’m coming from with this! He also sports blinkers for the first time so at that sort of price I suggest a small ew investment. 

ESPOIR DE GUYE       1 point each way @ 13/2 Hills 1/5th 12345

DOMAINE DE L’ISLE  ½ point each way @ 14/1 Betfred 1/5th odds 1234

3.15 Haydock 1m 7f 144yds New One Unibet Hurdle

This is a no bet race today but I do feel there maybe a bit of ante-post value looking forward to the Cheltenham Festival.

There was always only going to be a small turnout for this trial although it was disappointing when Song For Someone didn’t declare on Thursday lunchtime. Buveur D’Air is getting weight from two inferior hurdlers and if, and I’m led to believe he is, he’s back to somewhere near his best he’ll win this. He’s not been seen since finishing runner up in the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle some 420 days ago where he was coming to pick up the eventual winner Cornerstone Lad when he had his hood impaled by a piece of the final hurdle (see picture below). It curtailed his season and he was sent away to his owners Irish stud to recuperate and let the hoof grow back. By all accounts his recent home work has been electric (that was always a trait of his - how slick he was over his hurdles) and bar a tumble should be beating last year’s winner Ballyandy and Navajo Pass who both have to carry penalties against the former Champion Hurdler. So he’s too short to back today but how about a win only bet on him for the Champion Hurdle with the firms who are using the non runner – no bet concession (at present just Betfair SB, Paddy Power and Betfred). Surely if he wins well he’ll shorten up significantly and if he bombs out well it’ll be money back. Sounds easy put like that doesn’t it !! 

BUVEUR D’AIR (Champion Hurdle) 1 point win @ 12/1 (non runner -no bet)  Betfred

3.35 Ascot 2m 167yds Clarence House Chase

A cracking renewal of the Clarence House that features last season’s Champion Chase winner Politologue who’s only run since was an emphatic victory in the Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown from his stable mate Graneteen. His owner John Hales feels he’s a bit under rated and that is probably the case. He’s most definitely the one to beat here mind. Waiting Patiently was supplemented at the 5 day stage and is rated only 2lb inferior to Politologue. He was last seen when finishing runner up to Frodon in the King George at Kempton on Boxing Day and he should run his race and be thereabouts, whether he’ll be sharp enough dropping down a whole mile I’m not entirely sure though. Third favourite and last year’s winner Defi Du Seuil has to put two very disappointing runs behind him and although his trainer has ben talking him up all week it takes a big leap of faith to back him to be honest. If all eight run then with question marks against the 2nd and 3rd favourite the race crying out for an outsider to backed each way. I thought Venetia William’s Fanion D’Estruval was travelling like a winner when toppling over at Cheltenham last time and as the youngest horse in the field at 6 years old may have more improvement than most to come. He’s officially 15lb behind Politologue on official ratings but had he stood up and won at Cheltenham and been put up, lets say 6lb then he would only be 9lb behind the short priced favourite. I’m happy to back him small ew and the favourite win only. It could be day for the French named horses come Saturday !! 

POLITOLOGUE            1 point win @ 11/8 Bet Victor

FANION D’ESTRUVAL  ½ point each way @ 16/1 Bet Victor 1/5 123 

SPORT-PREVIEW-BUVEUR-DAIR.jpg

They'll be multis up & down the country on the above tips after last Saturday's romp , no pressure then ?

Cracking day around the globe  - all below are for fun 

1105 Cagnes - 3 Summiter                 13/8 Bet365      (Stakes race)    WON
1230 Taunton - 2 Seelotmorebusiness  5/2 Bet365    5th
1315 Ascot - 4 Eglantine Du Seuil     11/2 Paddy Power   3rd
1330 Haydock - 3 Minella Drama        9/4 Bet365    2nd 
1350 Ascot - 7 Arrivederci                 15/2 William Hill   (Nap)  2nd
1405 Haydock - 3 Hijack                  3/1 Bet365   8th
1425 Ascot - 8 De Forgotten One      9/2 Bet365  5th
1445 Taunton - 9 Thibault                 9/2 Paddy Power Unseated
1500 Ascot - 6 Windsor Avenue        8/1 Bet365   6th
1500 Pornichet - 8 Maccaja            9/2 Bet365   (Stakes race) DNF
1535 Ascot - 7 Politologue               11/8 Bet365   2nd
1550 Haydock - 5 Black Pirate         7/1 Bet365  3rd
1600 Taunton - 4 Whatsdastory        4/1 Bet365  2nd 
1605 Newcastle - 3 King Of The South     9/4 Bet365  2nd
1710 Newcastle - 9 Sharrabang       7/2 Bet365  7th
1740 Newcastle - 3 Tintoretto        11/4 Bet365  3rd
1840 Newcastle - 2 Rockley Point   3/1 Bet365  4th
2159 Gulfstream - 6 Largent             5/1 William Hill (Grade 1 Pegasus World Cup Turf)  2nd
2244 Gulfstream - 7 Tax                  4/1 Bet365   (Grade 1 Pegasus World Cup Dirt)  Unplaced

Edited by ipswich45
results being added

Jan +15.5

1pt level stakes win only 

14.25 Asc Bigirononhiship 25/1 Lost

14.40 Hay Crievehill 16/1 Lost

15.00 Asc Acting Lass 16/1 Lost

15.35 Asc Waiting Patiently 11/4 Lost

*16.30 Tau Familiar Spirit 28/1 Lost

18.10 New Molly's Brother 25/1 Lost

Prices as of now b365 

*Addition

Jan +9.5

Edited by roger2256
Result

4.00 Taunton - FALLY JEM 14/1 ew betfair 

Was well beaten at Cheltenham in class 3 over 21f 48 days ago , drops in class today & wears 1st time tongue tie for the mudlark queen that is Venetia Williams .

710 Newcastle - ALNASHERAT 9/1 ew betfair 2nd 10/1 

A.West sends his charge from Epsom in the lucky last on this 622 mile round trip his only runner on the card .

Has had a 98 day break , is a distance winner , has had 1 win & 1 placed effort in last 6 runs , L.Pearson takes 3Lb off .

Edited by calva decoy
Results update

More opportunities today than the awful week day runners.

12.40 Ascot.  Punctuation £1.50 win at 7/1 to return £12 if win.  Tritonic is all the rage but the market suggests that there are four main contenders and until the race is run no one knows which of the un-raced horses will run best.  Hence 7/1 about a live contender looks to be a good price to take.

1.15 Ascot  Roksana should win but taking 4/7 about a horse wit two live contenders isn't my idea of value

3.35 Asc Politologue looks to be a good bet to me.  I have had £7 win at 2.64 = £11.25 profit if it wins.  I would hope that Harry Cobden does just as well on board as Harry Skelton; he has won on it before.  I am not convinced about arguments made for his two principal rivals. I notice that he is now 2.72 on Betfair so has drifted a little.

4.10 Asc Gladiateur Allen gets a big weight concession for its main rivals; 11lbs if allowing for Chester Williams weight allowance.  It was trading at 6.6 last night and I tried to greedily to get a price of 7.8 matched.  Can only get 5.4 now so I have cancelled my bet

12.55 Hayd Allart.  I believe that this horse has an excellent chance of winning. It is trading at evens with William Hill and odds on everywhere else.  I have put in a £10 win at 2.06 on Betfair.  Currently trading at 1.96 so it could get matched when the big boys start pushing up and down prices during their trading bouts that occur during the day.  I will let you know later if I get matched or just have to let it go.

12.30 Taun Tile Tapper £7 win at 2.34 = poss profit of £9.19 if it wins.  Miles ahead on RPR ratings and top Timeform rated.  Looks to be classy in terms of other runners .

2.10 Taun Yala Enki £10 win at 2.06 = poss profit of £10.39 if it wins.  Won the race last year and there seems to be no reason why it shouldn't do so again.  Some could argue that it had a hard race 14 says ago but it is a mystery to me why some horses need more time to recover from a race than others.  The market has made it odds on with a bets price of around 5/6 so hopefully it will run up to expectations

4.30 Taun Legendary Grace.  Has been beaten the last two races twice.  However, it was trading at between 5/2 and 11/4 last night so I thought it was worthwhile in having a £2 win at 7.8 = a possible profit of £13.33 should it win.  My price has been matched and now it is trading at 7.2.  When the price drifts so much on horses it kind of makes you feel that it is a different horse going to post as opposed to the night before.  Looks like a value bet for a small wager

Total stakes so far is £27.50 (will be £37.50 if Allart gets matched)

Good luck to all betting today.  Should be fun to watch if nothing else ?

All prices Bet365:

12.40 Ascot - 1pt e/w Hooroo @ 33/1

1.05 Taunton - 1pt win Galactic Power @ 13/2

1.50 Ascot - 1pt e/w Craigneiche @ 12/1

2.05 Haydock - 2pts win Farrants Way @ 7/2

2.40 Haydock - 1pt win Smooth Stepper @ 15/2

2.45 Taunton - 1pt e/w Eamon An Cnoic @ 16/1

3.00 Ascot - 1pt e/w Windsor Avenue @ 10/1

12.40 ascot casa loupi 7/1:nanaplaced

13.50 ascot ik brunel 14/1

15.00 ascot jerrysback 8/1

13.05 Taunton galactic power 13/2

13.35 Taunton bran 16/1 4places

15.25 Taunton queen of the court 8/1

16.00 Taunton fally jem 11/1

14.05 haydock brummie boys 8/1

14.40 haydock acey milan 9/1

15.50 haydock pookie pekan 12/1

16.20 haydock aristo du plessis 22/1 4places

16.05 Newcastle jack yeats 22/1

16.40 Newcastle zankala 25/1

17.10 Newcastle katsonis 14/1

18.10 Newcastle mollys brother 22/1

18.40 Newcastle secret equity 14/1

19.10 Newcastle mutabaahy 16/1

all bets 50p e/w bet365 

Edited by LEE-GRAYS

prices bet365
win bets
Marown @ 7/2 Haydock 12:55
Roksana @ 8/15 Ascot 13:15 won
Yala Enki @ 4/5 Taunton 14:10 won
Buveur DAir @ 4/6 Haydock 15:15
Defi Du Seuil @ 5/1 Ascot 15:35

e-w bets
Duc Des Genievres @ 18/1 Ascot 15:35
Jerrysback @ 8/1 Ascot 15:00 placed
Windsor Avenue @ 10/1 Ascot 15:00
Jollys Cracked It @ 11/2 Taunton 14:45 placed
Potters Legend @ 11/1 Haydock 14:40 placed
Townshend @ 20/1 Ascot 14:25
Donnas Diamond @ 12/1 Haydock 14:05
I K Brunel @ 14/1 Ascot 13:50
Arrivederci @ 13/2 Ascot 13:50 placed
Faivoir @ 9/1 Haydock 13:30 won
Bigirononhiship @ 25/1 Ascot 14:25

Edited by kroni
results

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

More opportunities today than the awful week day runners.

12.40 Ascot.  Punctuation £1.50 win at 7/1 to return £12 if win.  Tritonic is all the rage but the market suggests that there are four main contenders and until the race is run no one knows which of the un-raced horses will run best.  Hence 7/1 about a live contender looks to be a good price to take.

1.15 Ascot  Roksana should win but taking 4/7 about a horse wit two live contenders isn't my idea of value

3.35 Asc Politologue looks to be a good bet to me.  I have had £7 win at 2.64 = £11.25 profit if it wins.  I would hope that Harry Cobden does just as well on board as Harry Skelton; he has won on it before.  I am not convinced about arguments made for his two principal rivals. I notice that he is now 2.72 on Betfair so has drifted a little.

4.10 Asc Gladiateur Allen gets a big weight concession for its main rivals; 11lbs if allowing for Chester Williams weight allowance.  It was trading at 6.6 last night and I tried to greedily to get a price of 7.8 matched.  Can only get 5.4 now so I have cancelled my bet

12.55 Hayd Allart.  I believe that this horse has an excellent chance of winning. It is trading at evens with William Hill and odds on everywhere else.  I have put in a £10 win at 2.06 on Betfair.  Currently trading at 1.96 so it could get matched when the big boys start pushing up and down prices during their trading bouts that occur during the day.  I will let you know later if I get matched or just have to let it go.

12.30 Taun Tile Tapper £7 win at 2.34 = poss profit of £9.19 if it wins.  Miles ahead on RPR ratings and top Timeform rated.  Looks to be classy in terms of other runners .

2.10 Taun Yala Enki £10 win at 2.06 = poss profit of £10.39 if it wins.  Won the race last year and there seems to be no reason why it shouldn't do so again.  Some could argue that it had a hard race 14 says ago but it is a mystery to me why some horses need more time to recover from a race than others.  The market has made it odds on with a bets price of around 5/6 so hopefully it will run up to expectations

4.30 Taun Legendary Grace.  Has been beaten the last two races twice.  However, it was trading at between 5/2 and 11/4 last night so I thought it was worthwhile in having a £2 win at 7.8 = a possible profit of £13.33 should it win.  My price has been matched and now it is trading at 7.2.  When the price drifts so much on horses it kind of makes you feel that it is a different horse going to post as opposed to the night before.  Looks like a value bet for a small wager

Total stakes so far is £27.50 (will be £37.50 if Allart gets matched)

Good luck to all betting today.  Should be fun to watch if nothing else ?

Well, at least Yala Enki has won for me.  My bet on Allart got matched of course because it fell at the 8th 10/11 favourite.  Tile Tapper blew out and only got 3rd at 10/11 Favourite.  Not good performances for the quality horses today.

I have decide to have £2.50 on Gladiateur Allen at 6.2 = a possible profit of £12.74 if it wins

This makes it a total outlay of £40 on the day.

I will change tactics for my selections in the graded races in the future.  Either bet the favourite with my most feared or ignore the favourite and back the 2/3 most feared on their own.  I have been let down badly by too many of these favourites lately so a different approach is necessary

21 hours ago, Wildgarden said:

440 Newcastle ghostly 19.5 Betfair exchange. Was in and out all day on odds but led then couldn't keep going 1.5f out.

540 Newcastle Daniels flyer 9.0 Betfair exchange 2nd ;-(

640 newcastle - waiting on prices.

740 Newcastle Spartan fighter 10-1 bet  victor won

Edited by Wildgarden

41 minutes ago, Wildgarden said:

640 adding bringing glory 16.0 matchbook and cover on eidelbar 6.6

Eidelbar 3rd drifted out more to 8 plus come on Spartan fighter the last! Also.have lucky lodge at 8.4 now 7.6 for cover.... Had last night in acca at 16-1 but needed Daniels flyer who sadly 2nd could cost me £3,000

Edited by Wildgarden

28 minutes ago, Wildgarden said:

Eidelbar 3rd drifted out more to 8 plus come on Spartan fighter the last! Also.have lucky lodge at 8.4 now 7.6 for cover.... Had last night in acca at 16-1 but needed Daniels flyer who sadly 2nd could cost me £3,000

Daniel did cost me £3k as Spartan fighter the wins at 6-1 ( I got 10-1)

6 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Well, at least Yala Enki has won for me.  My bet on Allart got matched of course because it fell at the 8th 10/11 favourite.  Tile Tapper blew out and only got 3rd at 10/11 Favourite.  Not good performances for the quality horses today.

I have decide to have £2.50 on Gladiateur Allen at 6.2 = a possible profit of £12.74 if it wins

This makes it a total outlay of £40 on the day.

I will change tactics for my selections in the graded races in the future.  Either bet the favourite with my most feared or ignore the favourite and back the 2/3 most feared on their own.  I have been let down badly by too many of these favourites lately so a different approach is necessary

RESULTS UPDATE

Luckily things did not end up as bad as I thought.  Yala Enki won and my small wager on Gladiateur Allen paid off with a profit of £12.74.  This meant a loss on the day of £4.37.  My other hotpots failing, Allart falling at 10/11, Tile Tapper beaten into third at 10/11 and Politologue being thrashed at 11/8 by a 14/1 shot was quite sickening. 

Anyway my balance is now £518.49 (£500 Bank) so at least I am still in cumulative profit.  I need to work on my strategy with so many short priced favourites failing me recently.

Only one graded race at Lingfield tomorrow and with snow on the track with heavy going forecast and an inspection at Hereford I suspect that the meeting will be cancelled.  Don't suppose they will put covers across the track there as they did at Haydock today.

21 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

12.40 ascot casa loupi 7/1:nanaplaced

13.50 ascot ik brunel 14/1

15.00 ascot jerrysback 8/1

13.05 Taunton galactic power 13/2

13.35 Taunton bran 16/1 4places

15.25 Taunton queen of the court 8/1

16.00 Taunton fally jem 11/1

14.05 haydock brummie boys 8/1

14.40 haydock acey milan 9/1

15.50 haydock pookie pekan 12/1

16.20 haydock aristo du plessis 22/1 4places