Racing Chat Monday 12th October

Kilbeggan 2.15

Grange Walk 11/1ew

The selection looks overpriced to me in this trappy 6 runner opening hurdle with 3 runners vying for the head of the market. You need a nippy and pacey type for this undulating tight and twisting track which should suit Grange Walk perfectly with the excellent amateur Finian Maquire aboard. 

No Trixie again today, just single bets

12.45 Yar Duke of Candicote £1.20 win at 13/2

1.15 Yar Volcano Bay £1.20 win at 5/1
1.15 Yar Lily Beach 30p win at 50/1

2.53 Yar Airflow £1.20 win at 15/2
2.53 Yar Maker Of Light £1.20 win at 5/1

3.23 Yar Redemptive £1.20 win at 5/1

3.53 Yar Gonnadancealot £1.20 win at 6/1
3.53 Yar Sansebastion 30p win at 33/1

4.25 Yar Rue De La Gaite £1.20 win at 11/2
4.25 Yar Eevilynn 70p win at 16/1

Quite challenging to discern between my top in form Jocks and apprentices,  but very hopeful to be on the right track now

I also like my bets to be "On the ball AND off the wall" with some outsiders

==========================================================================================================

Still finding my feet with my new approach.  Another blank day I'm afraid.  Lost £10.70 so the new singles balance is now £181.12 (Bank £400)

Let's face it; I can only improve from here ?

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

Busy day but hopeful of some good results here. Fingers crossed! All prices Bet365.

1.15 Yarmouth - 1pt e/w Folie D'Amour @ 50/1

Weak race and a big price for a horse who was placed off a 4lb higher mark just three races ago. She's far from anything special but was 3rd behind two horses who dominated from the front that day and although not backing that up next time, shaped okay again in a claimer last time. She's by Nathaniel so the testing ground ought to be okay and in a poor race I thought she was a tad overpriced.

1.50 Yarmouth - 1pt e/w Media Guest @ 11/1

Media Guest is by Belardo out of a Footstepsinthesand mare and as such, should be right at home in the mud today on debut. Yard can ready them first time and there's enough to like on pedigree too. Dam went close on debut and in a race where some newcomers might not handle these conditions, Media Guest ought to.

2.10 Windsor - 1pt e/w Bama Lama @ 10/1

Only modest but ran well for a horse rated 56 in a race where those who finished ahead are decent types, weighted 20-30lbs superior and should find this much easier. That was on soft so hopefully no ground issues here and even the 7f race at Chepstow it contested two starts back worked out pretty well and this one was prominent for a long way. This should be its easiest assignment now handicapping and has a solid enough chance.

2.53 Yarmouth - 2pts win Maker of Light @ 11/2

Didn't move well last time out but can be excused for that and it actually makes an opening handicap mark of 62 look very appealing. Shaped well on its first two outings, keeping on without threatening and on either of those runs, this mark looks fair. Been given a break since that disappointing run and being by Mayson, should relish the soft ground today which will also make this more of a stamina test - another plus.

3.10 Windsor - 2pts win Iconic Knight @ 4/1

In-form horse who would have won last time with stronger handling so remains off a decent mark and a testing 6f with ground as it is absolutely spot on for this one. Ought to go very close.

3.30 Musselburgh - 2pts win Royal Brave @ 9/2

Put this up two starts back when having an appalling passage through but was clearly the best horse. Won readily at Catterick a few days ago and a 4lb rise shouldn't stop another big run here.

3.53 Yarmouth - 0.5pts e/w Wise Eagle @ 40/1

Backed this one at Chelmsford last time but raced very wide throughout and faded up the straight. Has run over further than a mile on all starts since winning on the all-weather last year and in reality, it looks like he just doesn't stay. Dam was a sprinter and the return to mile might just help. Soft ground an unknown but his sire went on it so could run better now at a huge price.

25 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

I thought they'd give her one more run, shame to go out with a whimper.

What’s the point though? She’s done it all. Plus we don’t know how much the Arc took out of her and if she got beat at the weekend that really would be putting a damper on her career. Going out losing in the Arc isn’t a bad way to retire. She’s come out if her last race fit and healthy, so no point risking another meaningless race with her. 

Just now, yossa6133 said:

Gosden said the Arc hadn't taken anything out of them, as they crawled then did a little sprint in the straight. Nothing to prove but if she's fit and well I'd plunder another prize and go out on a high. 

I thought that when she got beat in the Arc. Give her one last hooray at Ascot then retire her, but a bit of thought and I totally agree and understand why they have retired her. Not many Enables come a long. Wonder what’s going to happen with Stradivarius after this weekend. Heard they may try the Arc again and keep him fresh for it. Big ask at his age.