Racing chat -saturday 10th oct (cesarewitch)

Cesarewitch 

Great white shark    355

Not so sleepy   352 

Summer moon 352  

Huge handicap and pinsticker but these 3 are a good few points ahead of rest so as good as any in a hard race 

Great white shark 10pt win 8/1 bet365

Not so sleepy 10pt win 12.0 betfair 

Summer moon 10pt win 25.0 betfair 

The top class racing continues in Australia with more Group 1 action at Caulfield and Randwick.

Caulfield R2 (2.50am)

Swats That is the pick here. He was 2nd to September Rain two starts back and that one was impressive in winning last week. Swats That also won himself last time and I think he will be hard to beat here.

Swats That @ 7/5 with Paddy Power

Caulfield R3 (3.25am)

Windstorm finally got his win in Victoria last time and I think he can go from that here especially with a bit of cut in the ground.

Windstorm @ 11/10 with Bet365

Caulfield R5 (4.35am)

Diamond Effect won a G3 over course and distance 2 back and then found himself to far back in the G1 Moir Stakes at The Valley last time. He didn't get a clear run until late on, but still finished his race off well and down in grade back to this course and distance I think he can win again.

Diamond Effect @ 14/5 with Diamond Effort

Caulfield R8 (6.30am)

The big race of the card and I am going to put up the horse who did us a big favour when winning last time Ole Kirk. Granted Rothfire's injury helped, but he would have gone close anyway and he showed a great attitude in winning. I think the step up to 1600m is what he needs now and the Sydney 3yo form looks to be stronger than the Melbourne 3yo form. In my view he has the best form in the race.

Ole Kirk @ 13/5 with Bet365

Caulfield R9 (7.10am)

Another G1 here and I am going with Cascadian e/w. He will need a bit of luck as he comes from behind, but he's been running as if he needs a step up to this trip. He got no luck at all last time so you can ignore his 11th and he was eye catching in the Memsie the time before. His form looks strong, he looks over priced and hopefully the gaps open when needed.

Cascadian e/w @ 10/1 with William Hill

Caulfield R10 (7.45am)

Orderofthegarter runs here which is slightly odd given it is the Caulfield Cup next week which he is favourite for. He is a warm favourite here, but I am going to take a chance with a couple at bigger odds. Chapada was 2nd to the fav last time and has a chance of reversing the form at these weights. That was his 1st run since July so he should come on for that as well. I am also backing my old favourite Gallic Chieftain. He finished his race off very well last time recording a speedy last 200m. He is 3rd up and he tends to peak 3rd up as well. He does have a bit of ground to make up on the other pick and the fav, but the way he finished suggests he is building up to his peak fitness.

Chapada @ 11/2 with Bet365

Gallic Chieftain e/w @ 12/1 with William Hill

Randwick R3 (4.20am)

Just the one in Sydney and I like Criaderas here. He found himself way too far back last time and flew home to finish 3rd which was backed up by the sectionals. He clearly has a great turn of foot and although he is up in grade I think he is up to it. With a smaller field he shouldn't find himself quite so far back this time.

Criaderas @ 6/5 with William Hill

310 yorksprint trophy 

Kynren  346

Lahore  345

Soldiers minute 345 

Mr Lupton 344

Wise council 344 

Epicly difficult race but some fantastic bets and odds on offer as a result....will hill offering 7 places and 16/1 each soldiers minute and wise council and 27.0 on lahore on betfair ....roll the dice 

Lahore 10pts win 27.0 betfair 

Soldiers minute 10pt ew 16/1 willh 7places 

Wise counsel 10pts ew 16/1 willh 7places 

1.00 York - 2pts win The Tin Man @ 10/3 Bet365

The Tin Man might not be quite as good as he once was but he's still a solid group horse and ran a solid enough race in the Sprint Cup last time on the wrong part of the track. He's the best of these on figures and whilst the smaller field and track here should suit Dakota Gold, if The Tin Man can keep him within his sights, I think he can pick him up and assert his class with soft ground to suit.

1.45 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Roseabad @ 9/1 Bet365

Doesn't have as glamorous a profile as some of these but did well to win over a sharp mile on firm ground on debut at Bath and that form is solid enough without being exceptional. This one is more about potential as she's from a family of quite stout stayers so the extra couple of furlongs here ought to really suit and soft ground shouldn't inconvenience either being by Awtaad. Can take quite a big step forward I think today to get involved.

2.20 Newmarket - 0.5pts e/w Albadri @ 50/1 Bet365

Ran better than the odds suggested here last time over shorter, staying on without threatening but is bred to stay a mile and soft ground is no inconvenience so again, wouldn't shock me if he ran better than his price here. 

2.35 York - 1pt e/w Aasheq @ 16/1 Bet365

Is falling down the handicap quite readily and looks to hold some hope here. Ran solidly enough here in the red hot Bet 365 handicap three starts back off a 9lb higher mark and although flopping at Doncaster afterwards, returned with a decent enough run at Chester from a poor race position. This race looks slightly easier than the last time he raced at York, is well down the weights, conditions suit and looks a decent price.

2.47 Chepstow - 2pts win Boldmere @ 4/1 Bet365

The money is down for the favourite but needs to step up again off this mark and I think Caroline Bailey's runner looks potentially capable of better off a fair enough mark having progressed well over fences last year. Destroyed a handicap field two starts back and was going to win a hot novice event when coming to grief at the last when last seen. Fitness taken on trust but conditions suit and ought to go close if fully wound up.

3.35 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Smart Champion @ 50/1 Hills

Soft ground might not suit but at 50/1 I think he's a huge price as one of the stoutest stayers in the field and this test ought to suit. If he was a shorter price I'd maybe leave alone given the uncertainty about the ground but at those odds, will stick by him. 

4.15 Newmarket - 2pts win Breathtaking Look @ 11/2 Bet365

Did too much over 7f in a hot race last time but 6f on soft ground could well be this one's optimum and is at a track that will suit its positive racing style. Has a solid chance on figures and I think will be tough to peg back if the fractions are right.

Just  a quick note.  Since I now follow top in form jockeys and apprentices on the flat and top in form jockeys and conditionals over the jumps I feel that there are too many at Newmarket and York today so as to spot a coup.  It all looks like a bookie benefit day to me.  I will be focussing on some outsiders at Hexham, Chepstow and Chelmsford.  Sorry to be boring but I feel that if anyone fancies the horses at the big meetings then keeps stakes at a minimum. ? 

Chatez   2 35 york  1pt win   23/1  betfair  

Kynren   2 10 york  1pt win   17/1  betfair 

Hey Jonesy  2 10 york  1pt win  44/1  betfair 

Indianapolisa  3 35 new  1 pt win  40/1 betfair 

Dalton Highway  3 35 new  1pt win 29/1 betfair 

P L account  =  + 82 pts

Edited by black rabbit
update totals

One small Trixie today:

12.25 Hex Glorious Lady 30p win at 4/1 (9/2 for Trixie)
3.03 Hex Lough Kent £1.20 at 9/1
3.40 Hex Get On John £1.20 at 6/1

50p win Trixie = £2 = poss return of £274.25

Other bets

12.25 Hex Blue Forty Two 70p win at 12/1

12.55 Hex Train Hill £1win at 7/1
12.55 Hex Flint Hill £1 win at 9/1

1.25 Hex Always Tipsy 45p win at 18/1

1.55 Hex Lough Derg Jewel 70p win at 12/1
1.55 Hex Teme Spirit 30p win at 50/1

4.11 Hex Platinumcard £1.20 at 6/1

3.57 Chep Doubly Clever 45p win at 20/1
3.57 Chep Sir Psyco 30p win at 6/1

5.07 Chep Auby Me Yang 70p win at 10/1
5.07 Chep Mr Peanut 30p win at 33/1
5.07 Chep Toad Of Toad Hall 30p win at 50/1

Multiples = £2.00

Singles = £10.10

Total bets = £12.10

Poss back later after enjoying Newmarket & York.  I don't know if I will be able to spot a coup or not.  Very, very difficult today

=================================================================================================

The only good thing, if there is one, about having a blank day is that it is very easy to write up results.  Should have had a stab at Newmarket and York.  Missed Ben Curtis on the Flying Ginger at 25/1 in the 1.30 at York and Oisin Murphy on Wobwobwob at 11/2 in the 1.10 at Newmarket. Someone once said that hindsight is no sight however, if we can learn from mistakes then hindsight can be useful

Lost £2 on multiples so the balance c/fwd is now £640.69 (Bank £800)

Lost £10.10 on singles so the balance c/fwd is now £202.12 (Bank £400)

Only two UK meetings tomorrow, one flat, one jumps so maybe I can find something to have a punt on?

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

17 hours ago, Valiant Thor said:

image.png.fb2a73d1c76b4cf95280758bf0d99973.png
Some prices there :eek

Gone for the 8 places @ Skybet 50pts staked
Indianapolis 6.32pts ew @ 33/1
Gold Arch 5.25 ew @ 40/1
True Destiny 5.25ew @ 40/1
Rock Eagle 8.18 ew @ 25/1
1 placed virtually break even (loss of about 1 to 2 points...can handle that) :hope
Could be the worst / best 50pts Ive ever bet ?

4 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Had a crap flat season , although it improved towards the end. Concentrating on the jumps for the remainder of the year and into next. It’s worked out well today as I’ve managed to keep my bets at a suitable level regarding number of selections. 

Don't forget the All weather. lots of opportunities imo

On 10/9/2020 at 8:18 AM, richard-westwood said:

Cesarewitch 

Great white shark    355

Not so sleepy   352 

Summer moon 352  

Huge handicap and pinsticker but these 3 are a good few points ahead of rest so as good as any in a hard race 

Great white shark 10pt win 8/1 bet365

Not so sleepy 10pt win 12.0 betfair 

Summer moon 10pt win 25.0 betfair 

Great white first ...summer moon second .....not so sleepy 4th ...jeez

Edited by richard-westwood

1 hour ago, Valiant Thor said:

Gone for the 8 places @ Skybet 50pts staked
Indianapolis 6.32pts ew @ 33/1
Gold Arch 5.25 ew @ 40/1
True Destiny 5.25ew @ 40/1
Rock Eagle 8.18 ew @ 25/1
1 placed virtually break even (loss of about 1 to 2 points...can handle that) :hope
Could be the worst / best 50pts Ive ever bet ?

Rock Eagle 5th :cigar never in doubt, great horse always said it  :lol
Got my money back :ok

3 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Don’t like it mate . Made a really good start to the jumps, so will be sticking with that until April . 

No probs, look out for some of my selections based upon jockey bookings.  I haven't cracked this approach just yet but believe me these trainers get up to all sorts of tricks which then get translated into crap reviews in the sporting press then surprise surprise these so called no hopers then seem to win.  As always with ANY ONE'S opinion, a selection by another person should only ever be regarded as worth a second look.

Good luck with your jump selections, I will keep an eye out for them over the coming months.  ? 

11 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

No probs, look out for some of my selections based upon jockey bookings.  I haven't cracked this approach just yet but believe me these trainers get up to all sorts of tricks which then get translated into crap reviews in the sporting press then surprise surprise these so called no hopers then seem to win.  As always with ANY ONE'S opinion, a selection by another person should only ever be regarded as worth a second look.

Good luck with your jump selections, I will keep an eye out for them over the coming months.  ? 

All kinds of tricks to get your horses well handicapped and what have you. Was only reading the other week one horse trainer has quit because of the coronavirus issues and other things that were grinding him down in racing. One of the things he mentioned was how other trainers get there horses well handicapped which he didn’t agree with.  Personally I haven’t got an opinion on it. It is what it is. 

Used to bet on the AW but it’s not appealed to me for a bit now. With limited funds to bet with I have to narrow races down, so the AW went into the scrap heap.