** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - (Ascot Day 1) Tues 16th June

Will just be  concentrating on one or 2 high value races each day this year given the uncertainty of form fitness etc 

Buckingham palace hcap

Green side  228

Kaeso  227 

Hey jonesy  225 

Glenshiel 224 

24 runners surprisingly so huge value on offer .....kaeso looks a strong contender ...conditions will suit and oisin on board ...negative is central draw but lads offering  8/1 ....6/1 in places so I don't think that price will hold so currently value 

Glenshiel I think is far better on all weather and doesn't look particularly well hcapped so omitted 

Green side looks well treated ...might have preferred a touch of rain but generally runs well on most grounds and drawn high which is a big advantage so very good value at 16/1 

Hey jonesy hasn't won for 2 years but kind of lost his way last year but showed some very decent form on rare occasions and has dropped as a result to a very lenient mark .....dark horse but at 25/1 still looks good value especially drawn high with green side.....

Let's roll the dice and have a shot at a decent win 

Kaeso 10pts win 8/1 lads 

Green side 10pts win 16/1 lads 

Hey jonesy 10pts win 25/1 bet365 

6x1pt rev forecasts 

• BillyHills changed the title to Racing Chat - Ascot Day 1 Tues 16th June

Usually my biggest bets during Royal Ascot week come on the jumps, usually something turn up at Ffos Las that looks good however the only jumps action I will be looking at is in Australia with 4 jumps races at Ballarat in the early hours where a St Leger 2nd makes his hurdles debut.

Race 1 (2.45am)

1st division of the maiden hurdles and I thought there were 4 in with a chance. American In Paris won on the flat in April, but has been poor in two runs since. Has looked good in trials, but the horse who finished in front of him has been poor since so not sure the trial form can be trusted. Holburt beat Savvy Ken in his first trial, but then looked laboured behind him a couple of weeks later when only 5th. Hi jumped OK in those trials and did win a BM58 on the level last time. Usually up with the pace on the flat. Hoof Hustler has had two trials and won them both including having Sir Issac Newton in behind on the first of them. Last time he beat San Remo and he won a maiden hurdle on his next start so he looks promising here. Steam Roller has been 3rd twice over hurdles and was way too far back last time where horses were finding it really hard to make up ground in really testing conditions. With a better ride on better ground he can go close here. Just going to mention Savvy Ken who does need a horse to come out to get a run as he is 2nd in the betting. He dropped away very tamely on his hurdles debut and he is surely better than that, but it's enough to put me off if he does get a run.

For me I will split my stakes between Hoof Hustler and Steam Roller who look the best priced out of the main contenders.

Hoof Hustler @ 5/1 with Betfair

Steam Roller @ 11/2 with Betfair

Race 2 (3.25am)

Ventura Storm finished 2nd in the 2016 St Leger, has won a couple of decent races in Australia and run in a couple of Melbourne Cups. He does seem to have lost his way of late though so connections are trying him over hurdles to see if that brings him back to life. I was impressed with how he trialled and he looks a good jumper although they were both slowly run and this should be run at a quicker tempo. He clearly is the best flat horse and has a great chance of winning, but I prefer to take a couple e/w against him given his odds on price. Hierarchal has finished 2nd in both hurdles starts and has done nothing wrong so far. It is hard to see him not being involved again. I am also going to back Crafty Lion for the 3rd time. He placed at big odds for me two starts back and then fell when still going well last time. I can't resist backing him again at another big price. I must admit that I didn't really fancy Infinite Reign or First Crush despite their single figure quotes so I might be missing something, but they aren't for me. Yulong Emperor makes some sort of appeal at big odds given he was 2nd last time and although beat 12L it was a big step up from his hurdles debut.

Hierarchal e/w @ 15/2 with Betfred

Crafty Lion e/w @ 16/1 with Betfred

Race 3 (4.05am)

Sadly the non-runners have ruined this as I really fancied Runaway, but he's now 4/6. 2nd to Gobstopper in the Galleywood and the Australian Hurdle are a cut above the level the rest of these have shown. He trialled well last week as well. Glorious Sinndar started life with George Margarson back in 2013 and showed little in 3 maidens. He then went to Germany before finding himself over in Australia. He is 3/3 over hurdles winning twice in 2016 and then again in 2018. His last run was in June 2018 before March this year when he was 2nd which was a good effort, but he has been poor since. Slowpoke Rodriguez is the only other one in single figures, but he's not run over hurdles since 2016 and was well behind Runaway in the trail last week. This is Runaway's to lose in my view although at the price it's a no bet race.

Race 4 (4.50am)

I like Flying Agent in this contest as he makes his jumping debut. Now Michelin does get a weight pull here having finished 2nd to Flying Agent over hurdles last time, but they ran in the same steeple trial as each other and I was way more impressed with Flying Agent. He jumped really well and coasted home in 3rd place. Michelin wasn't bad by any means and wasn't worked over hard either, but I think Flying Agent can continue to build on that win last time and looks the value to me. Scholarly has jumped pretty poorly in two steeple trials and he isn't great over hurdles either. I'm surprised they are going chasing with him. Markwood is solid, but just can't see out his races regardless of trip. My Kings Counsel never looked likely last time but had trialled well before that.

Flying Agent @ 11/4 with Betfred

image.png.dea4d27150bdabd47d50ba0f27ec78a8.png
10pt trixie @ B365
40pts staked

Ignore the above
Ended up not putting the  trixie on as expected wins is only around 1.02 so more logical to do 3 singles and take a small hit if the expected 1 winner happens.
So 3 boosted singles on Ladcrooks 50pts staked
WHO TOLD JO JO 15.86pts @ 3.10
BONUS 20.48pts @ 2.40
BEAT THE BREEZE 13.66pts @ 3.60
1 winner small loss of 0.85pts

Edited by Valiant Thor
changed bet.

• BillyHills changed the title to Racing Chat - (Ascot Day 1) Tues 16th June

Hi there slight profit thank good for bog 2 50/1 places races 5 any 7 +£0.50 

overall profit +£22.10 after 179 races

windsor

5.00 go Greta 8/1

5.30 Attlee 14/1

6.00 hot hot hot 14/1

6.30 Firenze rose 20/1

7.00 major valentine 40/1

7.30 alnaseem 8/1

8.00 valentine mist 12/1

8.30 deft 8/1

all bets 25p e/w good luck 

I'm skipping Ascot for my all aged handicaps .......had a look at the first race and there's far too many qualifiers, 

Still, lots of races at the other meetings.... 

Thirsk

2.40 The Bog House 3/1
4.50 Quanah 7/2, Gullane One 15/2
5.20 Klopp 12/1 EW, The Defiant 25/1 EW
5.50 Euro Implosion 12/1 EW, Firtinfeu 16/1 EW

Chelm

4.00 Our Man In Havana 3/1, Terri Rules 12/1 EW
5.10 Dreamboat Annie 16/1 EW
5.40 Irish Times 7/2
6.45 Compass Point 10/3, Billie Beane 13/2
7.15 Apache Blaze 11/1 EW
8.15 Que Quieres 10/3

Wind

6.30 True Belief 3/1, Fashionesque 7/1
7.30 Lethal Missile 7/2, Alnaseem 8/1
8.00 Guardiola 16/1 EW

prices bet365 bog

Good morning all

My next selection

225 Ascot Frankly Darling 1pt win  hills 6/4 bog

Expect this to go on and be a strong fancy for the Oaks

Current bank 110.1 W7 L3

Easy winner and as predicted now a serious fancy for the Oaks

Start bank 100 W8 L3 Ongoing Bank 111.6

Edited by Old codger
Update

1.15 - 1pt e/w Keyser Soze @ 14/1 PP

Need a bit of luck with this one as often slowly away and will need to come through late but down to a good mark, conditions are bang on, will get a good pace to run at and wasn't in bad form when last seen. Seasoned performer and no issues with a large field.

1.50 - 1pt e/w Mustashry @ 14/1 PP

Not the easiest of races to assess but I'll give a chance to Mustashry - certainly more exposed than most but has proven class and his win in the Lockinge last year was impressive and made him an 11/2 shot for this race 12 months ago. Ran a bit flat that day but I don't think they went off at a great pace and he found a bit of trouble when the race quickened, stayed on reasonably well to the line and subsequently travelled well in the Eclipse before fading late on. The mile suits best and should get a good gallop today with Marie's Diamond in the field, so worth chancing with the form in the book.

2.25 - 2pts win Miss Yoda @ 6/1 Bet365

Fav could be anything but on the form in the book think she's too short. Miss Yoda won the Oaks trial at Lingfield despite being upset in the stalls, being short of room and taking a keen hold - they didn't go quickly that day but she will absolutely relish conditions so long as there's a faster pace on today. Strong finishing type who if settling better today will be there at the finish. Beat Berkshire Rocco last season who was a decent 2nd to Derby fancy English King in the Derby trial this year. 

3.00 - 2pts win Mohican Heights @ 9/2 Bet365

Fav might win but I can't take evens about a horse racing half a mile further than ever before. Mohican Heights is also stepping up in trip but is a backable price and is open to improvement - comfortably beat a decent yardstick last time out over a mile and this one is bred to love middle distances so can continue to progress today.

3.35 - 0.5pts e/w Sergei Prokoviev @ 28/1 Bet365

Not a hugely confident selection as has lost his way a bit - Battaash probably wins because there might not be anything good enough to outstay him but at the same time, memories of him not quite seeing it out the past couple of years is enough to take him on. Wouldn't be throwing this one into any multiples but has had a pipe opener for this and conditions suit so with a good pace could stay on from the rear to potentially grab a place.

4.10 - 2pts win Nazeef @ 7/2 Bet365

On a formline through Billesdon Brook, this one has a big shout here, comfortably seeing that one off last time out when a couple of other fancied rivals have been beaten by that one last season. Hugely progressive type, the quicker they go the better for him today. Conditions absolutely fine and John Gosden yard going well.

4.40 - 1pt e/w Smart Champion @ 12/1 Bet365

I think this one may well be the strongest stayer in the field, which clearly helps in a 2m4f marathon! Ran some good races last season including over the Cesarewitch trip at Newmarket and will see this out no problem. Not off a bad mark, decent draw but will need a bit of luck in running as he doesn't do anything quickly. 

Todays selections -

Ascot    1.15    Cliffs Of Capri                             20/1ew
Ascot    4.40    Verdana Blue                               5/1ew
Ascot    4.40    San Benedeto                            28/1ew

Thirsk    2.40    The Big House                           11/4
Thirsk    4.50    Gullane One                              15/2ew
Thirsk    5.20    Excessable                                  9/1ew
Thirsk    5.20    Gameson                                   12/1ew

Windsor    6.30    True Beleif                              11/4
Windsor    6.30    Porto Ferro                            28/1ew
Windsor    7.00    Yimou                                      7/1ew
Windsor    7.00    Ice Age                                    8/1ew
Windsor    7.30    Lethal Missile                          7/2
Windsor    7.30    Wind In My Sails                   16/1ew

Chelmsford    4.00    Seneca Chief                    11/4
Chelmsford    5.10    Deeds Not Words            15/2ew
Chelmsford    5.10    Poppy May                      15/2ew
Chelmsford    5.40    Irish Times                         4/1ew
Chelmsford    6.45    Sharp Operator                 4/1ew
Chelmsford    6.45    Arlecchino’s Leap            20/1ew
Chelmsford    7.15    Pioneering                         6/4
Chelmsford    7.15    Lady Of York                      3/1

I don't like the look of Royal Ascot today.  Too  many short priced favourites and some times too many runners.

I have had a small punt without much enthusiasm.

2.25 Asc West End Girl 50p at 22/1

2.25 Asc Pyledriver 50p at 14/1

3.35 Asc Glass Slippers £1 at 9/2

3.35 Asc Shades Of Blue 25p at 33/1

4.10 Asc Jubiloso £2 win at 11/4

4.10 Asc Magic Lily 50p at 11/1

1.30 Thirsk Kilig £2 at 7/2

1.30 Thirsk Our Dave 50p at 11/1

1.30 Thirsk The Red Witch £1 15/2

2.40 Thirsk The Big House £2 at 11/4

2.40 Thirsk Destroyer £1 at 11/2

4.00 Chelm Seneca Chief £2 at 11/4

4.00 Chelm Terri Rules 50p at 12/1

5.40 Chelm Irish Times £1 at 4/1

8.45 Chelm Mr Fox £2 at 5/2

8.45 Chelm Sindarella £1 at 8/1

= £17.75 Total Singles stakes

1.30 Thirsk Kilig 7/2

4.00 Chelm Seneca Chief 11/4

8.45 Chelm Mr Fox 11/4

£ 1 win Trixie = £4 staked  poss return of £111.09

All selections bombed yesterday so a £4 loss on multiples = £614.29 C/Fwd & a £3.50 loss on singles = £358.65 C/Fwd

23 hours ago, Valiant Thor said:

image.png.dea4d27150bdabd47d50ba0f27ec78a8.png
10pt trixie @ B365
40pts staked

Ignore the above
Ended up not putting the  trixie on as expected wins is only around 1.02 so more logical to do 3 singles and take a small hit if the expected 1 winner happens.
So 3 boosted singles on Ladcrooks 50pts staked
WHO TOLD JO JO 15.86pts @ 3.10
BONUS 20.48pts @ 2.40
BEAT THE BREEZE 13.66pts @ 3.60
1 winner small loss of 0.85pts

Bad day at Blackrock -50pts
WHO TOLD JO JO 2nd :\
BONUS ?
BEAT THE BREEZE ?

9 hours ago, Trotter said:

I'm skipping Ascot for my all aged handicaps .......had a look at the first race and there's far too many qualifiers, 

Still, lots of races at the other meetings.... 

Thirsk

2.40 The Bog House 3/1
4.50 Quanah 7/2, Gullane One 15/2
5.20 Klopp 12/1 EW, The Defiant 25/1 EW
5.50 Euro Implosion 12/1 EW (PLACED) , Firtinfeu 16/1 EW

Chelm

4.00 Our Man In Havana 3/1, Terri Rules 12/1 EW
5.10 Dreamboat Annie 16/1 EW
5.40 Irish Times 7/2
6.45 Compass Point 10/3, Billie Beane 13/2
7.15 Apache Blaze 11/1 EW
8.15 Que Quieres 10/3

Wind

6.30 True Belief 3/1, Fashionesque 7/1 (WON)
7.30 Lethal Missile 7/2 (WON 5/1) , Alnaseem 8/1
8.00 Guardiola 16/1 EW

prices bet365 bog

not so good today ..... Windsor put in a late boost with 7/1 and 5/1 winners but a losing day overall with 20 selections 

Ascot    1.15    Cliffs Of Capri                    20/1ew---------4th 20/1
Ascot    4.40    Verdana Blue                       5/1ew---------2nd 4/1
Ascot    4.40    San Benedeto                     28/1ew---------lost

Thirsk    2.40    The Big House                       11/4----------lost
Thirsk    4.50    Gullane One                        15/2ew--------lost
Thirsk    5.20    Excessable                            9/1ew--------lost
Thirsk    5.20    Gameson                             12/1ew--------lost

Windsor    6.30    True Belief                          11/4----------lost
Windsor    6.30    Porto Ferro                        28/1ew--------4th 25/1
Windsor    7.00    Yimou                                7/1ew--------lost
Windsor    7.00    Ice Age                              8/1ew--------lost
Windsor    7.30    Lethal Missile                      7/2----------1st 7/2
Windsor    7.30    Wind In My Sails             16/1ew--------lost

Chelmsford    4.00    Seneca Chief                 11/4---------1st 6/4 fav
Chelmsford    5.10    Deeds Not Words         15/2ew-------lost
Chelmsford    5.10    Poppy May                   15/2ew-------3rd 9/2
Chelmsford    5.40    Irish Times                      4/1ew-------lost
Chelmsford    6.45    Sharp Operator               4/1ew-------lost
Chelmsford    6.45    Arlecchino’s Leap          20/1ew-------lost
Chelmsford    7.15    Pioneering                         6/4---------2nd 11/10 fav
Chelmsford    7.15    Lady Of York                     3/1---------1st 16/5

Very nearly broke even - onwards and upwards