** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat - Saturday June 6th

A very busy one.

Newcastle    12.55 Third Kingdom                Win
Newmarket  14.25 Magic Lily                        Win
Newcastle    14.40 Kings Advice                  1/2 Point Win & 1/2 Point Place
Newcastle    14.40 Sir Chauvelin                  Place
Newmarket  15.00 Cherokee Trail                Place
Newmarket  15.00 Waldkonig                       Win
Newmarket  15.35 New World Tapestry        In-running 75% Lower
Newcastle    15.50 Tantastic                         Place

Newcastle    16.30 Kendred Soul                 Win

Newcastle    16.30 Precocity                        Win
Newmarket  17.55 Byron Flyer                     Win
Newmarket  17.55 Rise Hall                         Win

All at BSP

Edited by TheLoneBettor
Another Bet

In Australia on Saturday morning there are 2 G1's at Eagle Farm in Brisbane and I will look at the Stradbroke Handicap which looks a good renewal and competitive as well. Elsewhere I have looked at 4 races at Flemington and 5 at Randwick.

Flemington R1 (2.35am)

Prezado will be looking to get favourite punters off to a good start and he does look hard to beat here. He loves it down the straight at Flemington and 4 of his 5 wins have come over course and distance. He is on a hat-trick here after his last two wins over course and distance and this race doesn't look any harder than them even though he is creeping up the handicap. From Within looks the main danger as she was 5th behind him last time and now 3rd up should come on for that, but I don't think it will be enough to beat Prezado.

Prezado @ 7/5 with Bet365

Flemington R3 (3.45am)

Coolth looks a very promising horse. Granted he has only won a couple of races in South Australia so far, but he has looked impressive both times especially in handicap company last time. Obviously coming to a Saturday Melbourne meeting is harder, but he steps up to 2000m which looks perfect and Damian Oliver has been booked. Hypercane looks the main danger having finished 2nd in the Adelaide Guineas a month ago which was a good effort.

Coolth @ 17/10 with Bet365

Flemington R6 (5.45am)

An ex-Irish horse and an ex-UK horse are the two I like here. Masaff only has a Leopardstown maiden victory to his name, but he ran well in Group/Listed races before making his Australian debut at Randwick last month. He has finished strongly on both starts both over 1600m the first day and then over 1800m here a couple of weeks ago. There was plenty to like about both efforts and now he steps up to 2520m which should be perfect for him especially on better ground.

Speaking of better ground that is exactly what Starcaster wants. I have written about him before when he started favourite at Sandown a month ago, but I had a bit concern about the heavy ground and he duly hated it. God knows why connections decided to run him on it again over course and distance a couple of weeks ago, but again he hated it. I am prepared to give him a chance now he gets on a better surface. He looked progressive in the UK and his former trainer thought he would get better with age.

Masaff @ 11/5 with Bet365

Starcaster @ 8/1 with William Hill

Randwick R4 (4.10am)

I put Loveseat up in the race High Opinion won here a couple of weeks ago over 2000m and I think she can reverse the form over this further trip. She didn't ever look like she was going to win that day, but she stayed on into 3rd and she has already won at this 2400m trip. McEvoy takes over in the saddle which is a plus and she should go close.

Re Edit was 2nd over this trip at Rosehill 3 weeks ago and she looked back to her best when she flew home off a steady pace recording a quick final 200m. She had lost her way, but she has good form in the past and like I say that run last time suggested she is back to her best.

Loveseat @ 7/1 with Bet365

Re Edit @ 6/1 with Bet365

Randwck R5 (4.50am)

Burning Crown is the warn favourite and I can see why as he comes here in really good form, but I am going to take a chance on a couple at bigger prices. Tony's Reward is a pretty consistent horse and crucially he has a strong first up record having won 3 and finished 2nd once in 6 first up runs. He has trialled nicely ahead of this as well and certainly looks capable of landing this.

Up Trumpz is the other one I like and he finished in front of Burning Crown on the Kensington track here a month ago. Last time he was drawn 11/11 and he got too far back. Granted he hadn't done much better in the draw here as he is in 9, but hopefully he can sit a little closer to the pace this time. He certainly looks a big price on that run 2 starts back in front of Burning Crown.

Tony's Reward e/w @ 10/1 with William Hill

Up Trumpz @ 5/1 with everyone

Randwick R7 (6.10am)

A Listed Race which has a good field including Classique Legend who ran a good race in the Everest last year when looking a bit unlucky. He is clearly the best horse in the race and did win his trial nicely last Friday. Not sure if the plan is to freshen him up at some stage, but given the Everest would be the target again you have to wonder if he is going to be fully tuned up for this. Given that doubt I am going to take a couple each way against him. I was really impressed with Snitz when he won a Listed Race over 1200 here a month ago and that meant he has won his last 4 now. Even though he is 5 he seems to be improving and fitness will be on his side with it being the 3rd run of his prep.

I was tempted by Adelong who I have put up both times she has won and she could well be up to winning some black type, but its a tough first race at this level. She is clearly a good horse though. Instead Jungle Edge will be the other pick. As I wrote when I put him up at Morphettville a month ago, he loves a wet track and he duly made all to win a G3. He beat Behmoth who went on to finish 4th in The Goodwood and although Jungle Edge finished last he had a poor draw and the ground will not have been soft enough. He has a good draw here and the track should be wet enough for him. 

Snitz e/w @15/2 with William Hill

Jungle Edge e/w @ 13/2 with everyone

Randwick R8 (6.50am)

A good race this and a competitive handicap that you can give chances to a view, but I have to stick with Dealmaker. I've put him up the last twice and over course and distance a month ago he flew home to finish 2nd, just failing. He wasn't as good last time, but he did drop in trip and didn't get the best of runs either so I am happy to forgive him that. Yes he has finished 2nd or 3rd in 12 of his 25 starts and won just twice, but he's so solid and at a double figure price he has to be backed e/w again.

Dealmaker e/w @10/1 with with William Hill (is 12/1 to win with Bet365 and 5/2 to place)

Randwick R9 (7.25am)

I put up Greek Hero last time on the back of a debut Australian victory at Kembla Grange. On his last start in the UK he won at Musselburgh and the horse he beat that day Al Erayg actually won earlier in the week. I didn't think he was disgraced at all when finishing 5th and getting up to 1600m will help as well. McEvoy keeps the ride and I can see him going close.

Itz Lily is the other one I am keen on She's a pretty consistent horse who looks primed to peak 3rd up given her first two starts of the prep. Last time on the Kensington track here she was further back than ideal and was still in 10th of 12 at the 400m marker. She had no room and then flew home late to get 3rd. She looks a big player here.

Greek Hero @ 11/2 with William Hill

Itz Lily @ 5/1 with everyone

Eagle Farm R8 (6.35am)

A big field for the Stradbroke and there are a few with claims. Trekking bids to do the Goodwood/Stradbroke double and to also go back to back in this. The problem is he obviously has a lot more weight and he is drawn in 22 which is a shocker. Favourite Dawn Passage is next door in 23 and he looks progressive having won half of his 5 starts including his last 3. Only has 50kg, but that shocking draw is enough to put me off. I have written about Vega One and the suspect ride he got 3 starts back. He ran well on his next start from a poor draw although was disappointing last time when getting fractious before the race. It would not surprise me if he did run a big race, but again he has a shocking draw in 20.

With William Hill going 5 places I am going to take 3 against the field (others are going 4, but Bet365 will only be 3 as they will be betting on Australian terms). Victorem won the race that Vega One was disappointing in last time and he looked really good in doing so. He has a great record here and over 1400m and the way he finished over 1200m the last day suggested that he can play a big part in this. He is drawn in 9 which should be perfect.

Hightail is another who only has to carry 50kg and has won his last two races including Gold Coast Guineas las time out. I thought it was a good race he won at Randwick the time before as well. Up into G1 company here, but the way he is running suggests he could well be up to it.

The final pick is Bam's On Fire. This horse has come up from Victoria for this and she has been in cracking form this prep. She was 2nd in a G2 in March at Moonee Valley before winning a G3 over this trip at Caulfield. Last time out she was 3rd in a G1 at Morphettville and although she will be a tougher G1 she will enjoy stepping up 200m in trip. She looks over priced to me given she has only failed to finish out of the first 3 on 3 occasions in 20 starts.

Victorem e/w @ 7/1 with Wiliam Hill

Hightail e/w @ 11/1 with William Hill

Bam's On Fire e/w @ 22/1 with William Hill

1.15 Newmarket - 1pt win Venturous 9/1 Hills

Think the 5f trip will suit, goes well fresh and a winner last time out. Race should be set up nicely so long as he gets the splits. Worth a go at the price in an open race.

1.50 Newmarket - 2pts win Shades of Blue 9/2 Hills

Think we can forgive last time out on soft ground - especially as having been 12l behind the winner that day, he was only beaten a head by the same horse on better ground the race before. Stiff 5f looks spot on and looks a nice price here. 

2.25 Newmarket - 2pts win Queen Power 11/4 Hills

Looks a three horse race and I hope it's not a dawdle but another horse who would be shorter in the market if you ignore her last run. Still unexposed, raced freely at Windsor but ran really well in a Group 2 prior and her Newbury form last May looks strong. Trip suits well and if getting a decent toe in, can land this. 

3.35 Newmarket - Pinatubo likely winner but I'll take a 1pt e/w chance on Kinross @ 16/1 Hills, disappointing last time but travelled well into the race and debut form is really strong. Worth another chance, especially if the surface wasn't to his liking at Newcastle. 

2.05 Newcastle - 2pts win Vitralite 5/2 Hills

I think this one will take the world of beating today - ran really well when not having everything go his way at Newmarket last time off this mark. Trip looks spot on, form is good and won first time out so hopefully the break won't inconvenience him. 

2.40 Newcastle - 2pts win Rainbow Dreamer 9/1 Bet365 (NAP) 

Competitive race but this one is 5 from 5 on the all weather and whilst perhaps hasn't run in as strong races as some of the others, we know he loves the surface and stays the trip well, whilst some of these have to prove themselves at 2 miles. Form is good, he's not far away on ratings and looks like he could take this step up in class in his stride. 

My lay bet today is:

4.10 Newmarket Montatham £5.26 @ 3.8 = £5 versus a £14.73 liability

I usually like to lay horses at 9/2 plus but I feel that most of the Sporting Press have latched on to this horse which is why the price is so short.

Profit to date is £15.00 so let's hope that I don't wipe it out

Some selections/thoughts for today :

2:25 Newmarket Magic Lily - Godolphin in great form. Buick a positive.

4:10 Newmarket Montatham - Haggas in good form.

1:30 Newcastle Fortamour - Haslam good record at the course. Claiming jockey is decent.

2:05 Newcastle Daarik (NAP) - Gosden at Newcastle has a 40% strike rate! JEEZ! Back it.

6:05 Lingfield Emraan - Williams good record.  Good chance.

Best of luck! 

Hi there small loss again 2 places 33/1 10/1 1 non runner 

overall 112 races +£22.58

churchill down

race 1 unfading beauty 8/1

race 2 miss sky cat 16/1

race 3 juliana 25/1

race 4 whiskey chaser 16/1

race 5 ingenico 66/1

race 6 red again 14/1

race 7 kapiolani 10/1

race 8 heartwood 11/1

race 9 royal commission 16/1

all bets 25p e/w good luck 

On 6/5/2020 at 5:52 PM, TheLoneBettor said:

A very busy one.

Newcastle    12.55 Third Kingdom                Win                                                      Lost
Newmarket  14.25 Magic Lily                        Win                                                      Lost
Newcastle    14.40 Kings Advice                  1/2 Point Win & 1/2 Point Place           Lost
Newcastle    14.40 Sir Chauvelin                  Place                                                   Lost
Newmarket  15.00 Cherokee Trail                Place                                                   Lost
Newmarket  15.00 Waldkonig                       Win                                                      Lost
Newmarket  15.35 New World Tapestry        In-running 75% Lower                        Lost - Never again. As soon as it left the stalls it hit a 1000
Newcastle    15.50 Tantastic                         Place                                                   Won - Hoorah!!   2nd 3.19

Newcastle    16.30 Kendred Soul                 Win                                                       Lost

Newcastle    16.30 Precocity                        Win                                                       Lost
Newmarket  17.55 Byron Flyer                     Win                                                       Lost
Newmarket  17.55 Rise Hall                         Win                                                       Lost

All at BSP

Absolute shocker today. 1 from 12. Another odds on getting beat (Waldkonig) About 9 points down.