** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Bundesliga I & II Predictions > May 16th - 18th

Due to the understandable uncertainty over recent weeks, there are still some issues with the ELO ratings for this next batch of games so we'll have to make do with the odds for now. Tell us any predictions you have for these matches and let's get this return of major European league football one to remember! :ok

On 5/11/2020 at 4:55 PM, Sterphyle said:

Finally some football worth watching and placing some bets.

You've clearly not enjoyed the absolute tragedy of seeing your Vitebsk backer being screwed over thanks to two goals in the last 5 minutes against Slavia Mozyr in the Belarus Premier League! On a serious note, it is great to see one of the big leagues back. Hopefully, this is back for the remainder of the campaign. It would be nice middle finger salute to the coronavirus if the season was completed without any serious impact on any individuals' health.

Bundesliga 1 maybe i will write some words later. But for me there are all Saturday Fixtures in Bundesliga 2 made for a Draw. First all Teams play without Fans - so the Advantage for typical Home Teams at these Fixtures are not given. So Aue and Regensburg are not try to worth for me. Opponents Sandhausen who had a good H2H at Aue and Kiel who are strong in Away Games are worth to take a Draw here. Other 2 Games are with typical Draw Games. We have Karlsruhe who are in financial troubles and also not in good Shape before Break - but opponent Darmstadt also not a big Team to win here easy. Darmstadt also with many Draws in League. So for me Karlsruhe at Home without Fans smells like Draw. And then we have Bochum-Heidenheim. Bochum with shaky Defensive this Season and Heidenheim a team who are great in counter attacks. So for me this is also smells like Draw and also the only Game in Saturday Games in Bundesliga 2 where i would expected more then 2 Goals...

So i made a 2/10 bet on Karlsruhe-Darmstadt on Draw and other 3 Games are Draws for me with 1/10

Augsburg vs Wolfsburg

The Bundesliga returns this weekend to great applause. It's a small step towards normality and hopefully everyone remains safe and healthy during the resumption of the league. I'll attempt to get a preview for every game in this opening weekend so we can get a better understanding of where teams are picking up. The first game up is Augsburg versus Wolfsburg in a 2:30pm BST kick-off on Saturday afternoon at the WWK Arena.

Augsburg resume their league campaign in 14th place and just 5 points above the relegation zone. It's an uncomfortable position for Heiko Herrlich's men but they'll be glad to have the chance to finish their season and do everything they can to avoid relegation. One thing we're hoping to see is goals in this game because 10 of the 12 league games played at Augsburg's home ground have seen at least 3 goals scored. Unfortunately, the home team's form heading into the suspension period wasn't great having lost 4 of their last 5 matches. The club has also failed to beat their opponents for today's game in their last four meetings.

Wolfsburg find themselves in a more positive position than their opponents for this game. Die Wolfe are 7th in the table and just 1 point off the European qualification spots. Head coach Oliver Glasner has seen his team build their season around solid defensive performances with only Bayern Munich and RB Leipzig conceding less goals so far. Once again, the goals scored is a focal point here. The team have seen an average of 4.75 goals scored in their last four away games. It's 6 league games unbeaten for this team in the league so the challenge will be seeing if they can continue that run.

Well, it goes without saying that their pre-suspension statistics suggest we should be backing a goal-packed game. I'm swaying towards backing the away win because Wolfsburg were looking in good nick before the break. Augsburg were in a bit of a slump so they break has probably done them good. It's a hard call to make with the first game back but I'm going to look to back the away side to sneak a win.

Wolfsburg to Win @ 2.20 with Betway

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.95 with BetVictor

the only match that i have actually skipped is augsburg vs wolfsburg as it seems a bit doggy. i think wolfsburg has done really well at the start of season, keeping games very tight and drawing many but in away games they won only 5 out of 12. augsburg has had struggling season especially the latter half when they completely lost their way and looked set to go down but this long coronavirus break has done them big favour to clear their minds and start a fresh. looking at their stats they have lost only 4 out of 12 home games and picked up most of their points at home. i actually see augsburg being the stronger sides and more likely to get the win

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Bundesliga and II Bundesliga

FC Augsburg have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Bundesliga.
Wolfsburg have been undefeated in their last 6 matches in Bundesliga.
84% of Dortmund’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total.
Dusseldorf conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 home matches.
Hoffenheim have scored 40% of their goals after the 75th minute in Bundesliga.
Bochum have scored in 92% of their home matches in II Bundesliga.
Darmstadt have scored 26% of their goals in the first 15 minutes in II Bundesliga.
Regensburg have scored in 92% of their home matches in II Bundesliga.

You can find interesting 55 Football Betting Streaks for 16.05.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-16-05-2020-18610

Although both teams are out of shape, I would never want to be in Freiburg's place. He is going to a difficult home, with the Leipzig players rested and they will have a very difficult task. I expect the Bulls to take advantage of their home and win

RB Leipzig vs Freiburg @@ WIN Leipzig

There is no form that makes things very difficult in any case. I expect them not to be in physical condition yet and I expect both teams to be very cautious and not take too many risks. I will take a risk and go with the few goals

Hoffenheim vs Hertha Berlin @@ Under 2,5

In any case, this is a very difficult time for predictions and proposals, the great abstention has nullified everything. We will be cautious. In addition, empty stands do not help teams find a rhythm. As for today's derby, I think traditionally, it has goals and emotions and I will suggest the goals

Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke @@ Over 2,5

On 5/11/2020 at 4:55 PM, Sterphyle said:

Finally some football worth watching and placing some bets.

The 5 subs per game will be an interesting addition.

SUPER 6 is back on Sky 

Away Wins for Wolfsburg & BMG

Home Wins for Düsseldorf , Hoffenheim & Leipzig

Draw in the Derby.

Good luck if you're having a punt .

Borussa Dortmund vs Schalke

OK, so the game most Welsh people will be watching today is between Borussia Dortmund and Schalke in a 2:30pm BST kick-off from the Signal Iduna Park in what is a highly-anticipated Ruhr derby. Why? Well, Schalke have been adopted as the Bundesliga team for many Welsh people due to them constantly tweeting out in Welsh as well as English and German after signing former Cardiff and current Wales international Rabbi Matondo. Not sure why they do it but fair play to them!

Anyway, Borussia Dortmund head into this game in 2nd place and just 4 points off the pace of league leaders Bayern Munich. Head coach Lucien Favre has seen his team wins 7 of their last 8 league matches to keep up the pressure on the in-form reigning champions. Die Borussen have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three home league matches. It'll also come as no surprise that with all their attacking riches, now including the starlet Erling Haaland, that Dortmund haven't failed to score at home since January 2018.

Schalke are impressing under former Huddersfield head coach David Wagner. The team is in 6th place in the table but they were suffering a winless run of 7 league games before the suspension for coronavirus. The fact that 4 of those games ended in draws shows that it isn't necessarily losing games that has become a problem as failing to turn those draws into wins. Worryingly, Die Knappen have failed to score in any of their last 4 away league games but they have only lost 2 of their last 5 league games on the road.

It's difficult to see how this game will go. The old saying states that form goes out the window in a derby game. Throw in the wild card of first game back after a break for a global pandemic and we're seeing that we're in charted territory. On the face of it, backing the home side for a solid win seems to make the most sense. The odds on the home win alone aren't great so backing them to win to nil or even by a handicap is more appealing.

Borussia Dortmund to Win to Nil @ 2.88 with Bet365

Borussia Dortmund HT/FT @ 2.35 with Coral

Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Paderborn

The Bundesliga throws up a crucial match in the battle to avoid relegation at 2:30pm BST today when Fortuna Dusseldorf host Paderborn at the Merkur Spiel-Arena. Only 9 league games remain in this season and with time running out for teams to pick up vital points to stay in the top flight of German football this game will be pivotal in deciding the fate of these two sides.

Fortuna Dusseldorf sit in 16th place and currently occupy the relegation play-off spot. Head coach Uwe Rosler knows his team are 4 points off safety so desperate for a win to catch up to 15th placed Mainz 05. The fact that Werder Bremen are 4 points behind them in 17th place with a game in hand also applies further pressure. Rosler has had a positive impact at the club since his arrival on 29th January after the sacking of Friedhelm Funkel. The team has only lost 1 of their 6 league games since but it's also just 1 victory from those games. There is a feeling that the ship is slowly being turned around though.

Paderborn find themselves in a desperate situation. Manager Steffen Baumgart's men are looking destined to make an immediate return to the second tier of German football with the club bottom of the league. It is now 10 points from safety and 6 points behind their opponents for today's game. Even a win would still see them some way off a miraculous survival so you can only imagine what mental state the players are in. No win in their last 6 league games including losing their last 4 league games in a row is a depressing state of affairs.

I'm anticipating goals to be scored in this game. Paderborn have seen an average of 3.36 goals scored in their league games so far this season and Fortuna Dusseldorf have conceded 17 goals in their last 7 home league matches. I'm going to have to back the home win because the team seems to be improving under Rosler where as the visitors just look like a team shot of confidence and self-belief.

Fortuna Dusseldorf to Win @ 2.23 with VBet

BTTS @ 1.65 with Sportingbet

Hoffenheim vs Hertha Berlin

The penultimate preview for the 2:30pm BST matches in the Bundesliga covers the clash between mid-table sides Hoffenheim and Hertha Berlin at the PreZero Arena. The home side will still have hopes of gate-crashing the European qualification places but the realistic aim for the travelling side will surely now be to begin preparing for next season with both Europe and relegation looking unlikely.

Hoffenheim head into this game in 9th place and just 2 points off the Europa League qualification spots. Manager Alfred Schreuder will be hoping the coronavirus will have done his team some good and clear their heads with the team having been on a winless run of 5 league games before the suspension of the league. An unwanted achievement for Die Kraichgauer is that they possess the joint worst home record for goals conceded with 31 goals conceded in just 13 home league matches. Strangely, it's been their away form that has kept their European qualification hopes alive.

Hertha Berlin will see an opportunity here to get their season back off with a bang. Head coach Bruno Labbadia will want his team to move up from their lowly position in 13th place. Just 6 points separate them from the relegation play-off spot but a couple of wins over their next few games will really ease the faint worry of the drop. Die Alte Dame have already gone through two head coaches this season in Ante Covic and Jurgen Klinsmann. Just 1 loss in their last 4 league games under Labbadia was an encouraging start for the new man at the helm but the break came at the worst time. The team will be hoping to pick up where they left off having avoided defeat in their last 5 away league games.

It's astounding how one team can be so reliant on their away form with such a poor defensive home record and an impotent attack. That's Hoffenheim though! Somehow, they remain in the chase for Europe. It's lucky because without that away form they'd be in serious trouble. Hertha Berlin might be down the bottom end of the table but you get the feeling they're starting to find their feet again.

Hertha Berlin Draw No Bet @ 2.30 with 888Sport

BTTS @ 1.65 with Sportingbet

RB Leipzig vs Freiburg

The final preview for the 2:30pm BST kick-offs in the Bundesliga this afternoon is between title-chasing RB Leipzig and European qualification hopefuls Freiburg at the Red Bull Arena. It's a fairly simple situation for both of these teams in the last 9 league games of the season. Win as many matches as possible to try and achieve their respective aims for the season.

RB Leipzig remain in the hunt for their first Bundesliga title having finished a previous best 2nd place back in the 2016/17 season. Head coach Julian Nagelsmann is doing a sterling job with star striker Timo Werner leading the way with his 27 goals in all competitions this season. Just 1 loss in their last 16 league games has kept them in touch with Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund ahead of them. However, the surprise 2-0 loss away to Eintracht Frankfurt back on 25th January could still be haunting them. Had they won that game then they'd be in 2nd place and just 2 points behind the league leaders. Fine margins in this division. This game is surely going to see goals because the home side have only kept 2 clean sheets in their 12 league games on home turf this season.

Freiburg fans will be delighted that their team are still in with a big shout of qualifying for Europe. Head coach Christian Streich has led his team to 8th in the table and just 1 point off the European qualification spots. Just 1 win in their last 4 league games before the international break was an issue but they'll be hoping that the 3-1 win over Union Berlin in that final game before the suspension kicked in did enough to sort out any potential confidence problems. Away form is a big problem for this Freiburg side though. Just 1 victory in their last 10 away league matches is cause for concern.

I have to back RB Leipzig to win this game. Freiburg have been punching above their weight this season and on the road they do tend to struggle. I think it'll be an exciting game with plenty of goals but a business-like home win and a cheeky bet on Werner to add to his 10 goals scored against Freiburg in 11 meetings is what I'm thinking about for this one today.

RB Leipzig -1 @ 1.91 with SpreadEx

First Goalscorer: Timo Werner @ 3.65 with 888Sport

Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach

The evening kick-off in the Bundesliga comes at 5:30pm BST when Eintracht Frankfurt host Borussia Monchengladbach at the Commerzbank-Arena. The home side will be keen to move away from the relegation zone but they face a tough challenge in a visiting team that have firm aspirations on sealing a shock qualification for the Champions League this season.

Eintracht Frankfurt sit in 12th place but they're only 6 points above the relegation play-off place. Manager Adi Hutter will be disappointed that his team haven't reached the heights of last season's 7th place. The club is only 8 points off that target this season so there's still time to fix that league form but time is limited. Die Adler lost 3 league games on the bounce before the break and their Europa League hopes were hanging by a thread after a 3-0 first leg home loss to Basel. An interesting stat is that 10 of their 12 home league games this season have witnessed 3 or more goals scored.

Borussia Monchengladbach had set the top flight of German football alight earlier this season as they set the pace at the top of the table. Head coach Marco Rose might have seen his team drop off the title pace but they've only suffered 1 defeat in their last 7 league games and that solitary loss was against an in-form Borussia Dortmund. 6 of the last 7 Borussia Monchengladbach league games have seen at least 3 goals scored so that adds weight to the theory that this could be a belter.

I've been switching between an away win and draw constantly as I researched and wrote this preview. Eventually, I've come to the conclusion a draw probably offers better value. I still feel that this Frankfurt team has more to give and they'll be a tricky opponent for anyone visiting their ground. Borussia might not be the impressive outfit they were before Christmas but they're still capable of picking up results.

Draw @ 3.60 with Sportingbet

BTTS and Over 2.5 Goals Scored @ 1.91 with William Hill

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Bundesliga and II Bundesliga

FC Koln have scored in each of their last 11 matches in Bundesliga.
76% of FSV Mainz’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Bundesliga.
Bayern Munich have scored in each of their last 12 away matches in Bundesliga.
Wehen Wiesbaden have scored 29% of their goals in the first 15 minutes in II Bundesliga.
Bielefeld did not concede any goal in their last 4 home matches in II Bundesliga.
Osnabruck have failed to win in their last 8 matches in II Bundesliga.

You can find interesting 32 Football Betting Streaks for 17.05.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-05-2020-18613

FC Koln vs Mainz 05

The first Bundesliga game lined up for today is the 2:30pm BST kick-off between FC Koln and Mainz 05 at the RheinEnergieStadion. The hosts are in a comfortable mid-table position with fading aspirations for European qualification still just about in their eye sight where as the visitors are in a precarious position just one place above the dreaded relegation zone.

FC Koln endured an awful start to their league season with just 2 wins from their opening 14 league games. However, the decision to keep faith with manager Markus Gisdol has paid off with the club now moving up to 10th in the table and just 7 points off the pace of the European qualification places with a game in hand. The club has won 8 of their last 11 league games heading into the suspension of the league. It's also just 1 defeat from their last 7 home league matches.

Mainz 05 are not seeing things in quite a positive as their opponents for this game. Achim Beierlorzer remains under pressure with the club in 15th place and just 3 points above the relegation play-off position. Just 1 loss from their 5 league games before the suspension left them in a slightly healthier position than they might have been in. There's still a lot of work to be done. This side has shown the ability to get wins on the road having beaten the likes of Hertha Berlin, Werder Bremen, Hoffenheim, and Paderborn on their own turf.

It was Mainz 05 who prevailed victorious with a 3-1 win in the previous meeting between these two clubs earlier this season. I'm expecting goals with FC Koln having witnessed over 2.5 goals in each of their last 8 league games and Mainz 05 have seen an average of 4.25 goals scored in their 12 away league matches this campaign. I'm backing a narrow win for the home side in a goal fest.

FC Koln to Win @ 1.95 with Sportingbet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.63 with Unibet

Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich

The second game in the Bundesliga today is the 5pm BST kick-off of Union Berlin versus Bayern Munich at the Stadion An der Alten Forsterei. It's a proper David versus Goliath affair here as the capital city minnows take on the reigning champions with the odds stacked against them. Can the underdogs pull off one of the greatest shocks of the season so far?

Union Berlin are enjoying their return to the top flight of German football. Urs Fischer's men are 12th in the table and 7 points clear of the relegation play-off. A few more wins and their status in the Bundesliga will surely be confirmed for next season. The team didn't experience the best of starts to the season with just 1 win from their first 7 league matches but a purple patch in November and December that saw just 1 loss from 6 league matches helped to steady the ship. Since then, a lack of consistency has prevented them from pushing even further up the table. The players have shown a fearless attitude to their games having scored in 16 of their last 18 league matches.

Bayern Munich remain the dominant force in German football and the club is sitting proudly on top of the league table once again. Hans-Dieter Flick has come in and done a cracking job. It wasn't always positive for the club this season. Under previous manager, Niko Kovac, the side was really struggling with just 5 wins from their opening 10 league games. Flick's introduction has seen their league form improve and it's now 10 wins and 1 draw from their last 11 league matches.

This game seems to be set up for a solid Bayern Munich win. The visiting side have won their last 5 away league matches and scored 20 goals during the process. When you consider that Union Berlin have conceded 6 goals in their last two competitive games then there clearly needs to be a huge swing in attacking and defensive statistics to see the home team get a surprise win. I can't see it. I don't think many people can. Bayern Munich should continue their charge towards yet another Bundesliga title here today.

Bayern Munich -2 @ 2.40 with Betfair

Bayern Munich HT/FT @ 1.62 with Sportingbet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Bundesliga

Werder Bremen have failed to win in their last 6 matches in Bundesliga.
75% of Werder Bremen’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Bundesliga.
Leverkusen have scored in each of their last 9 matches in Bundesliga.
Werder Bremen have failed to score in 55% of their home matches in Bundesliga.
Werder Bremen have lost their last 6 home matches in Bundesliga.

You can find interesting 11 Football Betting Streaks for 18.05.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-18-05-2020-18616

Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen

The final game in the Bundesliga this weekend is tonight's 7:30pm BST kick-off at the Weser-Stadion where a struggling Werder Bremen side take on a Bayer Leverkusen team with aspirations of qualifying for the Champions League this season. Will we see the hosts upset the odds or will this simply be another result that condemns them a little bit closer to the second tier?

Werder Bremen are in 17th place and now 9 points off safety. Florian Kohfeldt's team might have two games in hand on the teams around them but even that advantage isn't enough to pull them clear of the danger zone. This team has the ignominious achievement of possessing the worst home record in the Bundesliga having lost their last 6 home matches in the league. To make matters worse, they haven't even scored a goal at home since November 2019.

Bayer Leverkusen are almost a complete contradiction to their opponents heading into this game. Head coach Pete Bosz has led his team to 5th in the table and just 4 points off the pace of the top four with a game in hand. 7 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss from their 9 league games before the suspension kicked in. It's also 9 wins from their last 10 competitive matches. If they can hit the ground running with that kind of form here then they will be a serious contender for a top four finish.

It's always a tricky one after a prolonged break and the results in Bundesliga already have shown some teams have adapted to a return to action better than others. The break will probably have helped Werder Bremen more than Bayer Leverkusen. It would have given the home side some respite and it would have stunted the away team's momentum. I still think there is a gulf in class here and I have to back a narrow away win.

Bayer Leverkusen to Win @ 1.81 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.38 with BetVictor