the 3 owners group horses i have a share in are as follows

My Friend Stan a 3 year old colt being trained by Mark Johnston 

Take Your Time a 5 year old gelding being trained by Paul Nicholls

and Saunton a promising 2 year old colt being trained by Richard Hannon

Welcome to the group :ok

Latest on LGT

Donald McCain
Tuesday 10 March 2020
Last Golden Ticket is well. The vet checked him over last week and found that he had quite severe stomach ulcers. He has started treatment, and they will hopefully clear up soon. Stomach ulcers are fairly common in racehorses, and Last Golden Ticket can remain in normal work throughout his treatment, which consists of administering an oral paste daily.

:ok

On 2/6/2020 at 10:57 AM, Valiant Thor said:

Jaboticaba.JPG.9b0f1666808250a1c0802d021fd308d1.JPG  

Jaboticaba has been declared to run in the following race:

Thursday 12/3/2020
1.45 Doncaster :hope

3RD

•  

image.png.f366fd298b03d832673d33587426216a.png

Gilka has been declared to run in the following race:

Thursday 12/3/2020

Doncaster 2.25 :hope

6th

Edited by Valiant Thor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have just noticed this thread & after having a bit of a nosey on through some of the replies I notice they're quite a few Owners Group members on here , hello ?

Was with Elite for a few seasons but after Marsha was sold their string other than Judicial was very ordinary , did get the chance of nice day at Newmarket last July to see Top Tug but was declared non runner about 20 minutes before the off so let my membership run out in November 2019 & prior to that I thought I'd invest in a bit of fun with CALVA D'AUGE with P.Nicholls who does great with French Imports .

We had 6 runs this season for my £54 , had £12.97 with vat back , won 3 races , 2nd in a Listed 4th in Group 1 Tolworth then a bit disappointing on last Kelso run in Group 2 when stepped up in trip.

Have renewed for next season £27 & I'll follow him until he retires.

So I have a jumps horse now I need a Flat horse step forth DUTCH DECOY a 3 year old who's just joined M.Johnston's yard after spending 2 year old season running in the up & coming National Hunt silks of Cheveley Park Stud trained by R Fahey , ran 5 times with 1 win & a good 5th in Class 2 at Ayr .

He's been Gelded since swapping yards so if & when he runs he'll be running over 6 & 7f , one thing I've got to take out of my mind set is just because he's being trained by M.Johnston he's not going to run 3 times a week & twice on a Sunday .

It's all good fun & doesn't cost much , if other than Cable Guy Charlie Fellowes gets another from OG to train I'll be looking to add another to the string as Newmarket is easy to attend for stable visit .

Hi guys, 

I'm new to syndicates and thinking about getting involved. Thought about Owners Group but do you just get treated as a number as there's so many involved? Do you get to go racing and be in the paddock much?

I've come across pimlico racing while searching online. They have a good horse Blu Cavalier who was placed in last years Betfair Hurdle. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, Jock88 said:

Hi guys, 

I'm new to syndicates and thinking about getting involved. Thought about Owners Group but do you just get treated as a number as there's so many involved? Do you get to go racing and be in the paddock much?

I've come across pimlico racing while searching online. They have a good horse Blu Cavalier who was placed in last years Betfair Hurdle. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome @Jock88 to Punters Lounge:ok

Removed the link for now?

All OG owners have a chance to get into the paddock via a ballot system. More shares you have the better chance you have. Stable visits and facebook group available and good value for the £50m odd quid and they have lots of winners.

Hi Billy, thanks for adding me in here.

Have you been involved with any other ownership or just Owners Group?

I know the other option is dearer with Pimlico but I feel it might be worth it for access to all of the stable visits and days at the races. Interested to hear if anyone has been involved with them before I join though.

Ah , Last Golden Ticket Barry , good luck.

Jock 88, I was with Ownaracehorse for 4/5 years had Arc Lighter with S.Durack , Little Jimmy & Primo Rossi both with T.Gretton & Spanish Beauty with O.Pears , around 40-60 in a syndicate ( allegedly ) & from £99-£230 a season for your horse.

I used to shop at Tesco & cash in my clubcard points at treble cash so ie £25 clubcard points got you £75 for a share , unfortunately they stopped doing it , but it's good fun , take your time before you commit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ups and Downs of horse racing

DONALD MCCAIN Tuesday 26 May 2020

Last Golden Ticket returned from exercise quite lame last week, so we got the vet to check him over. The vet discovered a rare injury to his fetlock (ankle) joint, which will require a period of rest. The injury is a rupture of the structure that brings the blood supply to the Deep Digital Flexor Tendon (DDFT) and he will require a few months of walking, before he can start more strenuous exercise. The vet will organise a formal plan for his rehabilitation for next week's report. This is obviously extremely frustrating, as we were hoping to run him over hurdles on genuine good ground this summer.

1 hour ago, BillyHills said:

Ups and Downs of horse racing

DONALD MCCAIN Tuesday 26 May 2020

Last Golden Ticket returned from exercise quite lame last week, so we got the vet to check him over. The vet discovered a rare injury to his fetlock (ankle) joint, which will require a period of rest. The injury is a rupture of the structure that brings the blood supply to the Deep Digital Flexor Tendon (DDFT) and he will require a few months of walking, before he can start more strenuous exercise. The vet will organise a formal plan for his rehabilitation for next week's report. This is obviously extremely frustrating, as we were hoping to run him over hurdles on genuine good ground this summer.

I feel for you , you are well aware of Drams troubles so i know exactly how frustrating it is . Can only hope for a speedy recovery. 

Message from Mark Johnston Tuesday May 26th.

Dutch Decoy is cantering away with no issues and there are a few suitable options for him in the first eight days of racing.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes after switching from R.Fahey's yard , his preferred going is good / good to soft with May being so dry am sure the heavens will open as soon as UK Racing gets back ??

Hopefully they will split the race to give My friend Stan a chance of a run, can’t see him getting in otherwise. First run on all weather if so. A lot to like about him but a lot of unanswered questions. Seems like nice form in first three races and ignore the 4th race. Too quick and heavy ground. None of Mark Johnston’s runners seemed to over achieve today. Maybe a first run to see where he is and to sharpen him up.

Just had an email from Nick Bradley, he has apparently obtained the services of Ben Curtis to ride all syndicated horses ,Karl Burke and Roger Fell being the main stables . So I now  know who will ride Dram ,just need to know when lol .

Can copy and past the whole of the mail if anyone's interested , it's quite lengthy with plans , decs and entries up to the 7th . 

The wife has just got a share in Chester ( Racing Emporium) 

Chester is a yearling we purchased as a foal. He is a growing horse at the moment, he is well put together, he will need plenty of time to be molded into his full potential. The main reason we purchased him is because of his striking pedigree.

His dam was 4th of 18 in the Queen Ann at royal ascot, only beaten around 5 lengths. He has a half-sister called Pentewan who is currently rated 72, she’s still a maiden but has been running consistently well. On pedigree, we are expecting him to be a sprinter…We have nicknamed him Chester after Chester Copperpot..because of his beautiful chestnut colour and mischievous nature.

7 hours ago, ralphie7 said:

The wife has just got a share in Chester ( Racing Emporium) 

Chester is a yearling we purchased as a foal. He is a growing horse at the moment, he is well put together, he will need plenty of time to be molded into his full potential. The main reason we purchased him is because of his striking pedigree.

His dam was 4th of 18 in the Queen Ann at royal ascot, only beaten around 5 lengths. He has a half-sister called Pentewan who is currently rated 72, she’s still a maiden but has been running consistently well. On pedigree, we are expecting him to be a sprinter…We have nicknamed him Chester after Chester Copperpot..because of his beautiful chestnut colour and mischievous nature.

Mischievous indeed! I received a photo of Chester trying to mount Crocodile Power (one of the horses i have a share in) with the caption "Cheeky Chester thinks he's a Stallion and Crocodile Power is a Mare!" I don't think i need to say much more ?

LeMale

?  Yeah I got that photo as well (got a share in Crocodile Power) I have told the wife that's out of order ???

Hope Chester got a good look at Crocodile Power's rear end cause that's all Chester will see if they ever meet on a racecourse ???

No tea for me today ?