** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racehorse Syndicates

Dutch Decoy IS declared to run in the 3.50 at Haydock on Saturday 8th with Mark Johnston reckoning he stands an each way chance if returning to his Kempton form .

He also stated he thought if the ground is good to firm it'll help him pick up at the business end whereas previously Mark Johnston stated the horse like good to soft .?

My reckoning is , Joe Fanning will earn every penny of his riding fee as the horse just doesn't like racing yet possesses talent somewhere , ah well , roll on Saturday , I'll have my quid each way to watch the race ?

Edited by calva decoy

After the disappointment of Last Golden Ticket i have decided to go down a different route and gone for a more instant type of horse rather than one with potential.

I had £9 in the VAT refund box so put that towards buying a share in Asdaa who is available at just £43. Trained in North Yorks and hopefully will run on the AW throughout the winter.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 08.00.56.png

47 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

After the disappointment of Last Golden Ticket i have decided to go down a different route and gone for a more instant type of horse rather than one with potential.

I had £9 in the VAT refund box so put that towards buying a share in Asdaa who is available at just £43. Trained in North Yorks and hopefully will run on the AW throughout the winter.

Good luck with Asdaa Billy , he was entered in same race as Dutch Decoy but not declared.

I've took 9's each way with sky bet ( 4 places if 10 runners or more ) also hoping the OG horse Charlie Fellowes trains comes on the market so I can snap up a share , my jumps horse Calva D'auge is back with Paul Nicholls after spending the spring beating up & bullying the likes of Getaway Trump ??? cracking little horse , should have a good season ? if injury free !

On 8/6/2020 at 9:32 PM, calva decoy said:

Dutch Decoy IS declared to run in the 3.50 at Haydock on Saturday 8th with Mark Johnston reckoning he stands an each way chance if returning to his Kempton form .

He also stated he thought if the ground is good to firm it'll help him pick up at the business end whereas previously Mark Johnston stated the horse like good to soft .?

My reckoning is , Joe Fanning will earn every penny of his riding fee as the horse just doesn't like racing yet possesses talent somewhere , ah well , roll on Saturday , I'll have my quid each way to watch the race ?

Cracking race , I was shouting at my phone the last 1f thought he may have snook a place or gone on to win but was 5th & to me still looks a very hard ride , shame Franny Norton's injured think he rides Haydock better than Fanning , can't see the handicapper changing mark , may drop 1Lb to 82 , ah well , I look forward to 4 or 5 entries next week ?

10 minutes ago, MrJol said:

Just read this post from start to finish, interesting read. Very tempted in getting a share in a horse now, will have a look around and see what I can find.

Plenty at OG on offer at the minute

Was tempted by Knotty Ash but a 2yo going to Dan Skelton?? not so sure.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 16.25.04.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-08 at 16.25.11.png

55 minutes ago, MrJol said:

Just read this post from start to finish, interesting read. Very tempted in getting a share in a horse now, will have a look around and see what I can find.

For the money can’t think you can go far wrong with £50.00 ish with owners group plenty of others out there depends how far you want to go.

Either have to choose a newbie or a proven horse as Barry has just done, with Asdaa. Kodiac Pride runs shortly again with Sir Mark Prescott. 2yr old Bridgetown with Julie Camacho looks promising but you never know.

Depends whether you want flat or jumps and where you live if you want stable visit options. The communication with owners group is good emails, newsletters and videos.

5 hours ago, calva decoy said:

also hoping the OG horse Charlie Fellowes trains comes on the market so I can snap up a share

Not run yet, suffered a cast in his box the other week just getting back to cantering. Due for renewal at 30th November so any relinquished shares would be available 5/6th December. Hoping for a run before then.

Think if I got a share it would be for the long run. As Graham said KNOTTY ASH looks like a decent prospect so might go with that one, Few flat runs and then on to jumping.

Kodiac Pride runs again tomorrow at Salisbury in the 1310hrs. Trainer keen to get out again before being re-assessed and thinks another win is on the cards.(said he thought it might place last race) I hadn't heard of the jockey but it's the trainers apprentice, and she rides him most days (she's raced in, and is from Norway apparently and had winners) Is also entered in more races next week and is keen to run again as there will be no penalty for apprentice race.(i learn something new every day)

I have also been told Copper Queen (2yo) might be entered in a race near the end of Aug (did have a date but have forgot-will update) 

Edited by LeMale

Quick off the mark

Local-ish track too if you could get in!!

Monday 10 August
5.30 Chester - Handicap (Class 3) 7½f

There are 14 runners and Asdaa is drawn in stall one. Joe Fanning rides. Mark Johnston says Asdaa is in good form at home and he is pleased to see he is well drawn in stall two. Mark hopes he can secure a good prominent position, unlike at Goodwood last time, and that he can run well in a very open race. 

17 hours ago, Alley Cat Glover said:

Not run yet, suffered a cast in his box the other week just getting back to cantering. Due for renewal at 30th November so any relinquished shares would be available 5/6th December. Hoping for a run before then.

Cheers for the info.

I live in the East so if the world returns to normal it's far easier & quicker to go on a stable visit than most of OG horses that are based in the West or oooop North plus I visited Charlie's old yard when with Elite Racing & he's a great host ( far better than Prescott ) seems to be doing better now he's in Luca Cumani's old yard.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for any shares that come up for renewal , if the horse hasn't had a run that'll probably be plenty plus loads of moans & groans in the magazine from disgruntled folk ( love reading them ) , thanks again for the info ?

51 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

I live in the East so if the world returns to normal it's far easier & quicker to go on a stable visit than most of OG horses that are based in the West or oooop North plus I visited Charlie's old yard when with Elite Racing & he's a great host ( far better than Prescott ) seems to be doing better now he's in Luca Cumani's old yard.

Ah have the advantage there as live in Somerset, so not far from Nicholls, not been to a stable visit yet only had shares since Xmas and then everything changed. Like Prescott as a trainer always used to follow him when he combined with George Duffield had some good winners with that pair. Charlie seems to produce some good winners so here’s hoping.

35 minutes ago, Alley Cat Glover said:

Ah have the advantage there as live in Somerset, so not far from Nicholls, not been to a stable visit yet only had shares since Xmas and then everything changed. Like Prescott as a trainer always used to follow him when he combined with George Duffield had some good winners with that pair. Charlie seems to produce some good winners so here’s hoping.

At Prescott's stable visit he barely spoke about the horses he was trying to flog his book & reminiscing whereas Charlie paraded 12 horses ( only 1 was an Elite Racing horse ) talked in depth about them , told us plans for them , told us his aim was for Prince Of Aaron to run in the Melbourne Cup ( he came 3rd , 20/1 ew I think I got ) & told us 2 that would win next time out , one won at 7 or 9/1 the other about 2's I think , so if you do go , take a pen & paper very informative person.

I've got Calva D'auge with Nicholls , got zero chance of stable visit hence the interest with the Fellowes horse.

Quite happy with Asdaa considering he completely missed the break.

Stayed on well enough and Fanning brought him home without any pressure in the final furlong.

I still think he will be aimed at the AW Champs next year and it will be interesting to see if the handicapper was fooled by this performance and drop him a couple of pounds, i doubt it though.

Still waiting for report.?

Only checked my e-mail this morning and found out Copper Queen is running in 1415 at Donny. Seems all very quick but trainer is happy with her and feel 7f is her distance. Also said she would like some cut in the ground and forecast rain would help. ( still g/f i think) Anyway fingers crossed for a good race and sorry this has been posted so late.

On 8/8/2020 at 10:26 AM, BillyHills said:

Are you've been shopping around and joined the Asdaa gang BH ,it's been abit frustrating lately with him missed the break then stumbled and still finished 6th ,his time will come.??

Copper Queen
Race Report

Hi Everyone,

COPPER QUEEN 

15/08/2020
DONCASTER 2:15 P.M
Class 5 Maiden Fillies’ Stakes 
7 furlongs 

RACE

Rather disappointing first start from Copper Queen at Doncaster yesterday. Even without missing the break we found out she needs a lot more cut in the ground. She was green which was too bit expected but when ask to go she slowed down and said not on this ground. Tom wasn’t going to too hard on her on especially after the start. 

On a positive note we know she is a lot better than she showed a Doncaster. This in mind it gives us the upper hand when going into the next race. We will wait for the rain and keep her fit and healthy ready for her next race. 

Thank you for all the positive comments and well wishing. It was fantastic too see such positivity in defeat. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

21 hours ago, Donnyflyer said:

Copper Queen stood in stalls no chance after that,wouldn't be surprised to see her out again soon ,bit disappointed but it was her first run so I will put a line through that effort.

As per race report, was a shame with the firm ground and seems Donny was the only good/firm racecourse yesterday. The good news coming out of that race is that we've invested in a talking horse! We're gonna be rolling in it ?

26 minutes ago, LeMale said:

As per race report, was a shame with the firm ground and seems Donny was the only good/firm racecourse yesterday. The good news coming out of that race is that we've invested in a talking horse! We're gonna be rolling in it ?

I've had shares in syndicate horses for quite a while & it's good lurking around the 4th place area in the winners enclosure & listening to the excuses / positives from the trainer & or their representative to the disappointed looking shareholders & thinking , yep , I've heard that one before.

Good luck with Copper Queen , she's in one piece which is the main thing ?

Some bad news regarding DUTCH DECOY , he's been found to be intermittently lame with issues in his right fore & this year's turf season is over for him but all being well he may have a run on the all weather before the year is out , the syndicate period ends on November 1st & I'm 50/50 about renewing though I'll be surprised if he's more than £25 as Calva D'auge who'd won 3/6 in his season & was 4th in Grade 1 Tolworth was only £27 to renew , hmmmm , decisions ?