** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

April 30 - May 6

this is just an observation NOT a tip.

delbonis v bolelli are both 1.91 to win the match so the bookies don't know which way the match is going to go yet they think one player is going to win 2 sets to nil as over 2.5 sets is priced @2.25 and under 2.5 sets @ 1.57

priced as a close match the overs look good value.

:$

2 hours ago, MrCrossover said:

i know this is offtopic, but have yall seen, that players (especially in men competitions) who won 1st set, usually (i woulda say 70% at least) won 3rd set if its needed...or im just tripping, and my mind playin tricks on me (big OG Scarface fan)

I would want to think from my vast experience in watching and documenting stats over the last 10+ years, that certainly happens 65-70% of times. It has even become fundamental for me when betting in play etc. Winner of first set wins match many and most times the same way most parlays always lose out by one. the last statement really does not need stats. Put that at 93% lol!!!

Robert Carballes Baena Vs Cameron Norrie

This one certainly is not for the faint hearted considering that the form on Norrie is intangible and rather sketchy. Norrie has had a total of 4 games on the red dirt this year and a lot of hope can certainly be extracted from those games. We all recall his first 2 games on clay this year which took place in valencia Spain where he first beat Bautista (Yes, Bautista) and lost his second match to Ramos after a real serious battle. There absolutely was no doubt then to his potential on the red dirt after both performances considering how well he expertly he adapted to the surface like a duck taking to water.

He has had mixed results ever since but in my opinion, not bad enough to totally dismiss those early tentative efforts. I strongly feel that beating Haase was more a show of his potential than any lame excuse tendered by any vituperator. For a man who has played so few games on clay 6/4 is really showing a lot of respect for him considering the curriculum vitae of his opponent on clay.. Verdict: While I expect Norrie to be very competitive in this match even to the point of giving him a realistic chance of winning, I also expect Carballes to play very well. It is all about making profits here so over 21.5 total games is the verdict paddypower. Good luck!!

Edited by liquidglass

Cilic vs Jaziri - ATP Istanbul

Cilic is back to defend his title here after getting married last week and a chance for Jaziri to continue his good form after running Dimitrov so close last week and a walk in the park against the local Ilhan a couple of days ago.

I'll be backing Jaziri to win @5.50 (William Hill) with a saver on Jaziri +1.5 sets @2.38 (Paddy Power) hoping that Mrs Cilic has had an effect on Marin's fitness this past week. :lol

BOTH BETS WON :cheers :cheers

Edited by yogg
Result

Jarry (atp 65) vs Ojeda (atp 206) - ATP Estoril 

Ojeda is having his 4th match in five days and faces Jarry who showed real grit to beat Leo Mayer (atp 45) in round 1 coming from a set down to win in good style.

I can't see Ojeda getting anything out of this match so Jarry -1.5 sets @2.02 with Unibet will do for me. :ok

WON :cheers

Edited by yogg
Result

10 hours ago, yogg said:

Cilic vs Jaziri - ATP Istanbul

Cilic is back to defend his title here after getting married last week and a chance for Jaziri to continue his good form after running Dimitrov so close last week and a walk in the park against the local Ilhan a couple of days ago.

I'll be backing Jaziri to win @5.50 (William Hill) with a saver on Jaziri +1.5 sets @2.38 (Paddy Power) hoping that Mrs Cilic has had an effect on Marin's fitness this past week. :lol

Yogg you're a genius! I got on the Sousa bet with a handicap which came off based on your suggestion

1 hour ago, WaveRunner said:

Yogg you're a genius! I got on the Sousa bet with a handicap which came off based on your suggestion

:cheers

well done on the sousa bet, i lost on that one.

I think Cilic had too much wedding cake and whatever else you have just after getting married. :ok

If you want a straight answer without me having to really think deep, not all those favs can win for sure. They all look beatable at first glance. Tsitsipas might just be running on reserve at 3/10(The danger odd) Kvitova could be anything but genuine. Zhang looks quite playable on the handicaps. Edmund? In no man's land. Could be on generic form as he did last week before imploding. Chung although fresh to the clay should have enough in hand to beat Klizan. Might shed some more light on a couple of them again just before play!!

Giorgi vs Buzarnescu - WTA Prague

this is my match of the day and I'm really looking forward to watching this on eurosport today.

I think this will be close and I slightly favour the underdog Buzarnescu but as I can get better odds for her to win one set in the overs betting (over 2.5 sets @2.45 with unibet) than I can for her to win two sets in the match betting (2.33 with unibet) I'll be going overs. :ok

WON :cheers

Edited by yogg
Result WON

Czech what's your opinion on Martin Cuevas? Is he the real semi-pro deal or is he even worse? Ok the guy is 26 so might have some years more to get in contact with top 100 but he's to me just an amateur. The older brother Pablo is the real deal as we all know.

Martin is today going to face Reilly Opelka on quicker green clay in Savannah. Give the forum a preview on that match Czech. Thank you!

Maximilian Marterer to beat (-1.5 sets) Marton Fucsovics at 3.32 with Pinnaclesports

This is one of the bets of the day (another is over 2.5 sets Camila Giorgi/Mihaela Buzarnescu). Anyway Max took down Marton in Miami in straight sets and I sense he will do it again in Munich. Clay is Max best surface as seen on the challenger tour while clay is not Martons favorable surface or any other slower condition as the courts in Miami. Max taking down Marton in straight sets is without a doubt for me one the best bets today.

Pablo Carreno Busta to beat (-1.5 sets) Nicolas Jarry at evens with Pinnaclesports

Last bet of the day in tennis at least. PCB to nick Nico in two. Saw Nico playing yesterday and I was on PCB to win in straight sets against Nico Kicker and Nico Jarry in straight sets against Ricardo Ojeda Lara. I thought there were to be a bit more difference in class between Nico and ROL than it was between PCB and Nico Kicker. Anyways I see this as an uneven matchup because of the way Nico Jarry played yesterday. He had some major difficulties against 206 ranked ROL. I knew he was going to take it in two in the end but those difficulties he faced didn't look good if I compare to how good PCB played yesterday. Judging by all the problems Nico Jarry created for himself yesterday it's gonna be very hard for him to get anything out of this match.

9 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Cuevas isn't good, I don't see him doing anything on the main tour ever. If Opelka serves decently, he should win in two. I don't know much about Brkic, but you can do some research here https://livestream.com/ATP/events/8188813 and here https://livestream.com/accounts/5057055/events/8185540, for example.

Based on your suggestion then I think Martin Cuevas/Reilly Opelka under 23.0 games at 1.862 with Pinnaclesports should do some good. And a question is like why is the total on 23.0? Reilly is lightyears better then Martin and will break serve more often then not. Reilly famous for tie-breaks yes but come it's Martin Cuevas we're talking about.

Hm, yeah. I didn't really want to get involved today, but I'm going to have a standard play on the same thing as well, Under 23 games at 1.90 with Marathonbet. I suppose that Cuevas can have a good day and Opelka a bad one, but, seeing that Opelka beat Garin - a guy that I rate well above Cuevas - 6-4 6-4 yesterday, he should be good to go.

Nicholas Jarry Vs Carreno Buster

This really looks a very tasty encounter on paper with only one possible outcome on offer. Really? Jarry is the younger of the two, a young prospect who recently reached the semis and final of two different claycourt tournaments in south America. He has won 7 from his last 10 matches and is beginning to develop into a major force on the clay circuit.

Carreno Busta-Pablo 5/4 on clay but I will assume in slightly better overall form than Jarry. For me, by default, I always put market forces and market moves ahead of stats and it has always worked for me more times than none. Carreno Buster was 3/10 against kicker(Yes, the danger odd) where I activated a watching brief. Here again he is thrown in at 3/10? This combined with my strong belief that Jarry is very progressive leads me to my conclusion. Verdict: This match should clearly be on the racket of Jarry as the man with the momentum. Bus as you know, I am a man who always thinks profits first. Jarry to win a set @evens paddypower 9/10. Good Luck!!!

12 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Nicholas Jarry Vs Carreno Buster

This really looks a very tasty encounter on paper with only one possible outcome on offer. Really? Jarry is the younger of the two, a young prospect who recently reached the semis and final of two different claycourt tournaments in south America. He has won 7 from his last 10 matches and is beginning to develop into a major force on the clay circuit.

Carreno Busta-Pablo 5/4 on clay but I will assume in slightly better overall form than Jarry. For me, by default, I always put market forces and market moves ahead of stats and it has always worked for me more times than none. Carreno Buster was 3/10 against kicker(Yes, the danger odd) where I activated a watching brief. Here again he is thrown in at 3/10? This combined with my strong belief that Jarry is very progressive leads me to my conclusion. Verdict: This match should clearly be on the racket of Jarry as the man with the momentum. Bus as you know, I am a man who always thinks profits first. Jarry to win a set @evens paddypower 9/10. Good Luck!!!

You really think Nico Jarry can win a set with the game he displayed yesterday? It simply doesn't cut it in my eyes.

Edited by four-leaf

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

You really think Nico Jarry can win a set with the game he displayed yesterday? It simply doesn't cut it in my eyes.

agree. Yesterday Jarry almost ruined my bet on him, didnt play well. Busta is fighter, and way better. 2-0 to CPB

Tsitsipas is tired. He played a competitive match against carballes in less than 24 hours after his last battle against Andesrson

According to what former players of various sports told me in several occasions, it is impossible  to fully recover if you are forced to play again in less than 24 hours

Tsitsipas definitely wants to lift his first ATP trophy in Estoril

My self as wise bettor, i expect him to dominate the tour in the future, and i decided to stay away from Estoril

NO BET