** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

La Liga Predictions > Apr 6th - 9th

spainratings.jpg

The La Liga season edges ever closer to its finale. The next round of matches is up with the odds and ratings for this coming weekend now available. A lot of stuff still to get sorted. What are your thoughts on these games coming up? I'm particularly keen to hear from those of you that will be betting on the Madrid Derby. Massive game! :ok

Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid

There is only one game we can preview in La Liga this week really isn't there? The Madrid Derby! It's a rare occasion where Diego Simeone's side come into this game in the superior position sitting 2nd in the table on 67 points with just 8 league games remaining. Zinedine Zidane's side are in 3rd on 63 points.

Let's throw some perspective at this whole situation. Barcelona are currently top of La Liga on 76 points. A win for Atletico and a loss for Barcelona (as unlikely as it seems) would reduce the title race to a 6 point difference heading into the final 7 games. Defeat for Atletico and a win for Barcelona would open up a 12 point gap at the summit with 7 games remaining. Needless to say, it's a must-win match for Atletico.

For Real, the title has effectively gone. They are 13 points off the pace and only a miracle will let them back in. It's clear the Champions League is the focus this season after their stunning 3-0 win over Juventus in Italy last night. That doesn't mean they will take their foot off the gas in La Liga. Real have won their last four league games scoring 13 in the process. It seems they are ending on a high.

Interestingly, Atletico have almost won as many points on the road (30) as Real have at home (32). Defeats at the Bernabeu to Villarreal, Barcelona, and Real Betis suggest they can be broken and that's something Simeone will be aware of. Five of the last nine meetings between the two sides have ended in a score draw.

This time, I think Real will sneak it. It appears key players are finding form again. Zidane will want to win to keep the pressure on their city rivals for that second spot and they will want to keep 4th placed Valencia at bay. Atletico are enjoying a very good season but they face a tough Europa League match against Sporting CP tomorrow night. What toll will that have? Teams in the Europa League that are forced to travel between the Thursday and Sunday often struggle.

Real Madrid to win @ 1.75 with William Hill

BTTS @ 1.80 with Bet365

@Pep004, @Magic0024, @betcatalog, @malabgd, @AndreBR, @Xcout, @four-leaf, @sajtion, @Arkadi Manucharov, @Jamesboaz, @RealUnited, @allyhibs, @jamiedavies02, @notanotherdonkey, and @derbent, what thoughts do you all have on my tips above? Any other matches you'll be betting on this weekend in La Liga?

7 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Seems like a good bet Real Madrid to win but BTTS I don't know if it's as good, could easily end 0-0 or 1-0 either way, Atletico has a superb defense... 

Yeah, it's risky. I think Real will certainly score so not worried about Atletico's defensive stability. In my head, I've got 2-1 floating around as a correct score. Maybe even 3-1. Not sure why. Just a hunch. Most likely an inaccurate hunch! :lol

Deportivo La Coruña v Málaga CF

Deportivo La Coruña: Luisinho (23/1 d, suspended), Bóveda (8/0 d), Cartabia (19/2 m), Krohn-Dehli (5/0 m), Carles Gil (10/0 m)

Málaga CF: Diego González (13/1 d), Juan Carlos (10/0 d), Añor (16/0 m), Recio (22/1 m), Lestienne (5/0 f), Ideye (7/1 f), Peñaranda (13/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding La Liga

Deportivo have failed to win in their last 15 matches in La Liga.
Deportivo conceded at least 1 goal in 80% of their home matches in La Liga.
Malaga have failed to score in 71% of their last 14 away games in La Liga.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 88% of Malaga's last 17 games in La Liga.
Deportivo have drawn their last 3 home games in La Liga.

You can find interesting 79 Football Betting Streaks for 06.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-04-2018-9086

domestically real madrid has faltered a lot this season and i don't see big gap between these cubs. i actually think atletico madrid are better side defensively and more than capable of taking a point back home but could also pull off a victory. i am taking double chance on atletico madrid

Barcelona are undefeated in their last 37 games in La Liga.
Leganes have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 away games in La Liga.
Barcelona have won 92% of their last 26 home games in La Liga.
Leganes have failed to score in 80% of their last 10 away games in La Liga.
Barcelona have scored at least 2 goals in 92% of their last 26 home games in La Liga.

You can find interesting 122 Football Betting Streaks for 07.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-04-2018-9089

Real Madrid have won 83% of their last 12 home games in La Liga.
Atletico have won 80% of their last 10 games in La Liga.
73% of Real Sociedad's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in La Liga.
Real Sociedad conceded at least one goal in 80% of their home matches in La Liga.
Girona have scored in each of their last 7 matches in La Liga.

You can find interesting 119 Football Betting Streaks for 08.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-04-2018-9104

Valencia - Espanyol 

16 of last 19 between these two teams, at home to Valencia, finished with over 2.5. I'm surprised to see such high odds on this outcome and I'm more than happy to bet on it

It gets better:  7 of last 10 at Valencia between these two finished with 2-1. SEVEN out of TEN ! Coincidence or not, I like the odds of 8.0 on that outcome. 

Over 2.5 @1.89

CS 2-1 @8.0

Edited by Marek76
Spelling

Athletic Bilbao have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 5 away games in La Liga.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 86% of Villarreal's last 7 games in La Liga.
Athletic Bilbao have failed to score in their last 4 away games in La Liga.
Villarreal are undefeated in 92% of their last 13 home games against Athletic Bilbao in all competitions.
Athletic Bilbao have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 4 away games in La Liga.

You can find interesting 71 Football Betting Streaks for 09.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-04-2018-9118

Villarreal vs Athletic 

Great odds for the home win here. Motivation factor should play a big role in this match where Villarreal is in a race for Europa league spot. On the other side away team not playing for anything. No absences on both sides. 

Villarreal to win @1,85 bet365 

On 8.04.2018 at 12:49 PM, Marek76 said:

Valencia - Espanyol 

Over 2.5 @1.89

CS 2-1 @8.0

35 goalscoring opportunities, 12 shots on goal plus Valencia going into the lead in 7th min...

F**k me sideways, how did they manage to keep it at 1-0?! :lol

Edited by Marek76