Racing Chat - Friday March 2nd

230 Lingers

Assanilka 100/30 bet365

Loads of odds on shots floating about on Friday but I wouldn't be surprised if any of them got beat to be honest. Assanilka comes out top on my ratings for her last two starts and thats good enough to get involved at around 3/1 - 100/30. Decent second last time out and with the yard going well she can finally get her head in front. Monet for Pour La Victoire is interesting and Wicker also poses a threat.

If we get a long sustained period of Bumpers For Jumpers meetings it might be worthwhile paying a bit of attention to race conditions

For example I noticed that one of today's races at Southwell is a 2 mile bumper for horses that have run in at least one race over 2 miles 7 furlongs or further but have never run in a Flat Race...... so basically it's a two mile flat race for 3 mile national hunt bred horses

With only 3 runners it's probably not worth bothering with but if this was a competitive race it might be worth seeing if any runner is taking advantage of the conditions, eg you might have a two mile hurdler who was tried once over 3 miles but got beat a distance and reverted to the minimum trip........ up against a field on mainly 3 mile chasers. Could find some juicy EW bets ?