** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Naps Competition - Friday Feb 23rd

450 Exeter 

Thomas Patrick 4/1 PP

This looks interesting with Thomas Patrick who has had just one run over fences taking on handicappers over a marathon trip.
Not the best recipe but plenty to like about the 6yo's profile, he was a blatant non trier in his early days, got a nice mark over hurdles and duly bolted up. Surprisingly beaten next time out then was ridden poorly by a young lad at Haydock. Up until then had been ridden by claimers in every race and then this season Richard Johnson was booked on his first run over fences, he again won with something to spare when he needed to and now goes for this decent prize.
I dont think this horse is anywhere near his proper mark yet, I might be wrong but he looks better than 131 to me.

Exeter 4.50 Dawson City @ 16/1 WH e/w thanks

Dawson City....from Polly Gundry yard who is a local trainer in Ottery St Mary only 10 miles from racetrack at Exeter ,the 9yo has also got a old hand in riding him in Andrew Thornton who was a regular on horse from 2014 when first set hoof on a racetrack till 2016 and only had a couple of rides since with his last run being 36 days ago with Andrew in saddle ,

That last run was at Wincanton Somerset National Handicap Chase 3m 2.5f heavy only beaten 3.75 lengths by Themanfrom Minella although up in distance for this race over 3m 6.5f and 2f more than he's ever been but is down to 127 for this race and not the heavy condition today the soft going may help get into the frame and Andrew Thornton rolling back the times when he use to guide him who's won two hurdle races and a chase from 3m to 3m 1f on soft and heavy ground